Jenkins is a flexible Open Source CI/CD tool.https://www.trustradius.com/build-automationJenkinsUnspecified8.32441012017-12-11T21:23:00.204Z
December 11, 2017
Jenkins is a flexible Open Source CI/CD tool.
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Jenkins
Jenkins is one of the best open source Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tools. It is used in most of the projects in our company where we need a CI/CD pipeline. In the aspect of test automation, it is most helpful for the continuous executions whenever there is a new build.
- Provides good CI/CD pipeline
- Not a platform dependent, available for various operating system
- Huge list of plugins to integrate with many products
- Easily configurable and good documentation
- Results metrics could be improved to get good reports.
- Environment management can be improved, which is not quite straightforward.
- Initial setup and configuration will be challenging.
- Good ROI as we can have automated executions on new build
- Faster feedback about product quality
- Supported all the platforms
Jenkins suite is well where we need to implement continuous integration and continuous deployment is needed. In test automation, it is possible to trigger executions automatically whenever we have new build generated or automation script changes committed. This is helpful to get quicker feedback about product quality. As plugins are available for leading test automation tools, it is also possible to easily integrate.