Overall Satisfaction with Jitterbit
We used Jitterbit Standard Edition for our client to integrate two 2 endpoints. One was Salesforce, a SaaS-based CRM system and the other was Sage MAS 200 ERP (formerly MAS 90). Sales Orders are entered to Salesforce and then upon update are sent to Sage MAS 200 ERP as an import process via the Visual Integrator module. We also have bidirectional update of Ship to Addresses , Customer records, and Item records.
- Great for endpoint to endpoint integration where data transformation is an important component of the process.
- Visual nature of the mapping is very good and the general visual layout of the processes employing these mappings is also very good.
- Copying of process and mappings make the integration a lot easier than it would otherwise be.
- Scripting language takes some getting used to depending on your programming background.
- There is a lack of some standard template procedures that could be used to create variations from the template. This would be very beneficial.
- Logging utility needs a re-write since the filtering is not very intuitive and sometimes is not very effective.
- It did what we needed it to do, but due to problems with one of the endpoints, the result was not as fast and robust as we would like it to be.
- Jitterbit is a great SaaS-based integration platform for the right projects when endpoints have what you need to get the job done.
- If you are in the market for this type of toolset, Jitterbit should absolutely be on your list!
Jitterbit was a better match for the project we used it for because of the depth and breadth of scripting language and the nature of the platform. That being said, the project we threw at it was a tough one. I am almost certain we could not have completed it with the other products we reviewed.
Great toolset for anyone looking for a SaaS-based integration platform. The combination of it's graphical design, standard tools for Salesforce and Enterprise Connectors, and powerful scripting language for data transformation, make Jitterbit a great choice. It will take some getting used to, but it is a significant player in this space.
If you are looking at standard integration with an existing Enterprise Connector like Salesforce, SAP or Oracle, then this is a great tool. It is a little more difficult when one of the endpoints has some limitations. Our MAS endpoint was problematic, at best. The lack of ODBC updates on that end made for some serious issues. This is not due to Jitterbit, but the MAS product itself, so this is a word to the wise to be sure that all of your endpoints have what you need to get the job done in a reliable and verifiable way. You will need the ability for both endpoints to report back the status of all updates. Without that capability, the job can quickly become difficult. Again, this is more about the endpoints than about Jitterbit, which is a robust SaaS integration platform.