December 12, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Justworks
Justworks is being used across the whole organization to onboard employees and manage payroll. We use Justworks to also prepare our end of year tax documentation and reporting. Justworks does a great job at managing payroll and employees across multiple states. We also use the platform to manage our health benefits, other employment benefits, onboard contractors and 1099's. It is used as the employee directory and the source for employee census. We also use it to run payroll reports that we create manual journal entries from on a monthly basis for our month end close.
- Onboarding employees on their first day. We use Justworks to set up the employee calculate the first payroll, and perform the I9 employment verification. The process is seamless and all can be done electronically and automated which makes it very simple
- Payroll processing. Justworks automatically calculates the payroll earnings, related taxes and withholdings and will automatically withdraw and deposit the funds. This is a seamless experience
- Customer Service. Justworks is incredibly responsive and helpful. HR related issues can be a nightmare but Justworks make it easier and more efficient since they are always on call to answer your questions and make life easier.
- Reporting and analytics. Justworks reporting has improved but still lacks. It would be nice to have some visualizations in a dashboard that can be reviewed and shared.
- Human Resource consulting/advice/best practices. Justworks provides tools to create your own templates but doesnt share ideas on best practices, nor do they provide any advice, even though they co-employee your employees. For instance, TriNet will create an employee handbook that lives within the platform. Justworks allows you to create one but they dont own/manage it, which requires legal spend.
- Applicant tracking (pre-onboarding). If justworks provided a tool to manage potential employees through the hiring process, this would create a seamless transition to onboaring.
- The tool is much cheaper than hiring an outsourced payroll provider (cheaper than other PEO).
- Cheaper than going to market for health insurance on our own.
- Manages all employment tax, etc. which is a huge help and would require additional resources to manage without Justworks.
Justworks is cheaper, more intuitive, and easier to use than other tools. It has a clean interface, unlike TriNet which I have used at a previous company (3+ years ago). TriNet does provide better HR services through your account manager who is an HR specialist, unlike Justworks who are just account managers and have to usually seek the advice internally from other subject matter experts. The HR consulting piece is a massive help and put Justworks far beyond its competition.
Justworks is great for small companies that don't have a back office. Could be 5 - 10 employees or even larger. We manage 48 employees on Justworks, which has been very easy thus far. Justworks is great to get employees set up, and great to get them on-boarding with employment docs. Th fact that they manage state registration for payroll as well as tax filing and reporting make it worth the price just in that.