Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Direct deposit files (26)9.696%
- Benefit plan administration (26)9.595%
- Pay calculation (22)9.494%
- Salary revision and increment management (20)9.191%
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Justworks, and make your voice heard!
Basic (100-174 Employees)
Basic (25-99 Employees)
Basic (Under 25 Employees)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
RUN Powered by ADP®
ADP Streamline Payroll
Intuit Online Payroll (discontinued)
ADP GlobalView Payroll
- Payroll Administration
- Customer Service
- Medical/Dental/Vision and Ancillary Benefits Administration
- Payroll for Staffs Based Abroad
- Reporting Capabilities
- Paid Time Off Tracker/Balance for Staffs Based Abroad
- W2 Details
- Enrollment - both self serve and access to a person to help
- Communication - email communication with updates and explanations
- Easy to use web portal - information at the administrator's and user's fingertips
- Value proposition - understanding why JustWorks is better than other PEOs
- Aggregated user logins - if you have worked in multiple companies with multiple JustWorks accounts, you need a unique one for each company which can get confusing
- manages everyone's calendar and time off requests
- manages everyone's paystubs
- serves as central hub for all human resource functions
- have a social function that allows employees to engage with each other
- integrate expenses function for reimbursement
- Running Payroll
- Choosing and Checking on Benefits
- Setting company standards
- Sometimes slow on response times
- Sending Admin emails
- Better visibility into potential benefits
- Online processing
- Online reports
- Staying on top of payroll related regulations
- Communication in sufficient time related to a large increase in medical insurance premiums
- Our customer service rep was not knowledgeable enough in explaining the medical insurance options
Using a PEO instead of a standard payroll provider gives us more flexibility for multi state hires, and provides more competitive insurance rates.
- HR Compliance and Support
- Benefits Administration
- Mobile app
- Expense reimbursement
Businesses growing quickly can use their HR support. It's quite a bit more expensive than Gusto or other payroll providers but the insurance benefits can help a bit.
- Comprehensive benefits information and support for our employees
- Very intuitive user interface
- There are certain functions that I cannot complete that must be done on the back end by our account manager. It's sometimes frustrating to have to wait, though the response times are generally quick - within a business day or so.
- Customer Service
- Streamlined HR, payroll, and benefit management
- Easy employee interface
- Competitive rates
- Comprehensive coverage
- Commission payments could be more robust and allow for more options
- External accounting integrations are a little clunky
- Great customer service, 24/7.
- Regular helpful updates on all compliance and HR-related issues, across all 50 states.
- Awesome user interface.
- Ease of use for onboarding new employees and new contractors/freelancers.
- Honestly, I can't think of any areas of improvement. Justworks has been just right for us for over 4 years now.
- State Compliance
- International Contractors
- Switching from one employee's performance document to another when managing many of them becomes extremely easy, since most of the time the platform organizes the information well, and actions can be delegated, for example, if there are two or more employees in the department connected to the Justworks platform at the same time, the second one can be assigned specific actions.
- Justworks provides a 360-degree view of the company and the employees in it, allowing us to go deep into all the work operations of the employees, to know exactly what is happening at all times, giving us full control of their activity.
- The visual analytics provided by Justworks are excellent for combining data about the way employees and applicants work, without being complicated to manage. This is very useful for gathering information in future mixed reports.
- Justworks does not guarantee that all employee contracts will always be fulfilled, which although totally out of the service's hands, limits the capacity of the work team so much that it leaves out forecasting functions for future employee reliefs, changes or dismissals.
- There is a lack of flexibility in terms of function management and accessibility. In other words, depending on how many tools are used on the platform, the work will become disorganized, as there are no organizational dashboards.
- The portal is easy to use and navigate
- They have a chat channel for benefits questions, email, and phone.
- In "Time off," they need to incorporate a time-off estimator.
- Time-off management
- Benefits management
- User Interface
- New two-step verification that is over redundant
- PTO and Work from home are not differentiated on Time off calendar
- Company Directory is unable to be minimized
- It helps us setup payroll and benefits for new employees in our company.
- It enables employees to easily keep their work calendars updated, quickly see the status of their paychecks, and download their work-related tax forms.
- Justworks could more easily integrate with Google Calendar so that people can get their coworkers' vacation calendars quickly on the Google Calendar (the "subscribe via iCal" button does this for iCal App, Does not help with Windows users who are viewing the Google Calendar in their browser).
- If a user wants to download all of their paystubs for record-keeping, they have to click on every link for each pay period. It would be helpful to have a single "download all paystubs" button.
- PTO reporting.
- Resource center.
- PTO calendar link does not always report correctly.
- Can be hard to find what you need.
- Easy to use platform.
- Transparency with invoicing.
- Strong customer support.
- Justworks constantly improves its reporting tool. A dashboard would be a nice feature to have to visualize employee and department trends.
- Easy to use
- Easy to find information
- Easy to contact help if needed
- All benefits in one place
- There was an issue with our first paycheck. It wasn't being sent in correctly.
- Easy-to-use dashboard design.
- Easy onboarding for new employees.
- All-in-one platform for benefits.
- I don't have any recommendations for improvements at this time.
- Onboarding is super easy for the user.
- Company calendar - I loved that as HR I could see any major dates for the company.
- Customer service - I had a great account rep who was always available to answer my questions
- I sent a lot of suggestions to the account rep over the year+ I worked with Justworks. I believe much of my feedback was around reports and customization.
- Vendor and 1099 Management - Cuts down on booking keeping and keeps all payment records ion one place with great visibility.
- Healthcare plans - very easy to understand with a very good selection of choices in all price ranges. Benefits such as gym memberships, commuter benefits, FSA, etc are easily managed.
- New employee on-boarding time has been dramatically reduced with Justworks simple system
- A mobile app would be nice to see high level information when traveling and on the go.
- Managing employee expenses would be a great feature that they do not currently offer. Collecting reports, receipts, etc.
- Online access to everything
- Paycheck notifications
- A nice calendar feature with work anniversary dates, birthdays, etc.
- My paycheck is split up between two separate deposits. One for my base salary and one for bonuses.
- My bonus checks are not included in my main paycheck and, therefore, are not part of my 401k deduction (which includes my employer’s match). So, since a percentage of my bonus isn’t going to my 401k, my company doesn’t match it.
- Onboarding employees on their first day. We use Justworks to set up the employee calculate the first payroll, and perform the I9 employment verification. The process is seamless and all can be done electronically and automated which makes it very simple
- Payroll processing. Justworks automatically calculates the payroll earnings, related taxes and withholdings and will automatically withdraw and deposit the funds. This is a seamless experience
- Customer Service. Justworks is incredibly responsive and helpful. HR related issues can be a nightmare but Justworks make it easier and more efficient since they are always on call to answer your questions and make life easier.
- Reporting and analytics. Justworks reporting has improved but still lacks. It would be nice to have some visualizations in a dashboard that can be reviewed and shared.
- Human Resource consulting/advice/best practices. Justworks provides tools to create your own templates but doesnt share ideas on best practices, nor do they provide any advice, even though they co-employee your employees. For instance, TriNet will create an employee handbook that lives within the platform. Justworks allows you to create one but they dont own/manage it, which requires legal spend.
- Applicant tracking (pre-onboarding). If justworks provided a tool to manage potential employees through the hiring process, this would create a seamless transition to onboaring.
- Ability to pay contractors
- Offer health insurance to salaried employees
- Offer workers comp insurance
- Contractors cannot invoice for their payments directly through JustWorks.
- The JustWorks platform is extremely user-friendly. Everything is built in with a seamless user experience. 9 times out of 10, if my employees are looking for something, it is right in front of them.
- JustWorks has amazing customer service. Every member of their team is equipped to answer any questions you may have. This is super helpful when you have an immediate need and can't get a hold of your Account Manager. They can look up your account, answer questions and relay the information to your Account Manager providing seamless communication.
- JustWorks did an outstanding job walking my employees through their initial set up process. While hesitant about switching insurance carries, our Account Manager was able to answer every question we had with transparency. They even made suggestions about rolling over deductibles that had already been met and gave important information about current healthcare providers being in network.
- JustWorks couldn't accurately track our PTO. We use an accrual system that maxes out at 88 hours. We incentivise our employees with additional PTO hours based off of goals met. The JustWorks platform allowed our employees to accrue far more PTO than what was offered. They didn't have a feature that offered a Cap and accrual.
- When using the JustWorks reports for 401K, if not using their integrated 401K provider, the reports give you every employee regardless of whether or not they contribute. This makes it difficult when adding the contributions in separately.
- JustWorks tracks historical data for employees. Whenever there is a salary change made, it keeps track. However, it shows a salary adjustment made on the day they are entered into JustWorks which can be very confusing. We switched from another PEO mid year and it looked like I made salary changes on the beginning date. This made it difficult to differentiate an actual salary adjustment.
- Benefits Enrollment
- Onboarding of new employees
- Recommendations of additional benefits to offer
- Shorter time period between payroll draft and payroll date
- Better integration with QuickBooks Online
- More insurance carriers