https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/ug/xo/51TC11SEWXGW.pngIt Just Works - Trust meJustworks is used by our company for all HR, including payroll, healthcare, compliance, 1099 and vendor management. It has become a very trusted source for me and my employees in answering common and/or complicated questions. The resources in developing employee handbooks alone have saved us thousands of dollars in legal fees. Our Account Manager got back to me very promptly with very detailed explanations of my questions.,Vendor and 1099 Management - Cuts down on booking keeping and keeps all payment records ion one place with great visibility. Healthcare plans - very easy to understand with a very good selection of choices in all price ranges. Benefits such as gym memberships, commuter benefits, FSA, etc are easily managed. New employee on-boarding time has been dramatically reduced with Justworks simple system,A mobile app would be nice to see high level information when traveling and on the go. Managing employee expenses would be a great feature that they do not currently offer. Collecting reports, receipts, etc.,9,Kept our employees very happy because all of their questions are either answered online, or I have access to get them answer very quickly with a direct contact at JW PTO and vacation time is very transparent for our employees and easily managed by all.,ADP Streamline Payroll, TriNet and CheckPoint HR Benefits Platform,Slack, Pivotal Tracker, MailChimp, Help Scout, Olark, Google Drive, PipelineDeals CRMJustWorks gets it- simply put, they Just Work!JustWorks is being used across the entire organization. Being a small startup, it allowed us to offer numerous benefits to our employees that wouldn't typically be offered with our size organization. JustWorks gives my employees access to 4 different healthcare plans, FSA and HSA's, dental and vision coverage at a cost comparable to big companies. JustWorks handles all of our employee "paperwork", files our taxes at the end of the year, integrates with 401K, keeps track of PTO, anniversaries and birthdays, all employee historical data and so much more.,The JustWorks platform is extremely user-friendly. Everything is built in with a seamless user experience. 9 times out of 10, if my employees are looking for something, it is right in front of them. JustWorks has amazing customer service. Every member of their team is equipped to answer any questions you may have. This is super helpful when you have an immediate need and can't get a hold of your Account Manager. They can look up your account, answer questions and relay the information to your Account Manager providing seamless communication. JustWorks did an outstanding job walking my employees through their initial set up process. While hesitant about switching insurance carries, our Account Manager was able to answer every question we had with transparency. They even made suggestions about rolling over deductibles that had already been met and gave important information about current healthcare providers being in network.,JustWorks couldn't accurately track our PTO. We use an accrual system that maxes out at 88 hours. We incentivise our employees with additional PTO hours based off of goals met. The JustWorks platform allowed our employees to accrue far more PTO than what was offered. They didn't have a feature that offered a Cap and accrual. When using the JustWorks reports for 401K, if not using their integrated 401K provider, the reports give you every employee regardless of whether or not they contribute. This makes it difficult when adding the contributions in separately. JustWorks tracks historical data for employees. Whenever there is a salary change made, it keeps track. However, it shows a salary adjustment made on the day they are entered into JustWorks which can be very confusing. We switched from another PEO mid year and it looked like I made salary changes on the beginning date. This made it difficult to differentiate an actual salary adjustment.,10,We switched to JustWorks from another PEO and it saved us $14,000.00 annually.,TriNet,Slack, Bullhorn Recruitment CRM, Zoom Video WebinarJustworks: A Great HR Solution for Small Businesses!We use Justworks for all of our employees to both to manage benefits, payroll, and PTO tracking. Justworks has allowed us to have a single platform for our remote work force to self manage their benefits. Justworks allowed us to offer more benefit options to employees at a reduced costs which is a huge win for a small business. Justworks also has a full team of support that is available 24/7 to answer any questions that come up with top notch customer service!,Amazing customer support that responds quickly to any questions Competitive priced benefits Nationwide benefit coverage for a dispersed and remote work force,More HR info in regards to compliance and resources for employees to stay in compliance (they have just started to do this with sexual harassment but more things like this would be great!) Better integrations with company holidays and timesheets. They have recently updated PTO to integrate so I'm hoping that company holidays would also be a feature added.,10,Been able to offer comprehensive benefits to employees Streamline our onboarding process Allow remote workers to access and manage all of their benefit info in a single platform,BambooHR,Slack, Zoom, TSheets, QuickBooks OnlineGreat for small companies with simple payrollThis is the payroll company and benefits administrator for our entire organization.,Online access to everything Paycheck notifications A nice calendar feature with work anniversary dates, birthdays, etc.,My paycheck is split up between two separate deposits. One for my base salary and one for bonuses. My bonus checks are not included in my main paycheck and, therefore, are not part of my 401k deduction (which includes my employer’s match). So, since a percentage of my bonus isn’t going to my 401k, my company doesn’t match it.,9,It’s saving our company a lot of money over our previous payroll services provider.,Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Exchange, Rackspace Managed HostingJustworks works really well for us!We use Justworks across the whole company for our payroll and benefits.,The benefit choices with Aetna are excellent and very easy to for our employees to choose and renew. Payroll is a no-brainer, very easy to set up and manage. If you ever have a problem or need to speak to someone you have a dedicated account representative or you can get a hold of someone any time. They are very responsive via email or phone. Affordable, I checked out many PEOs before going with Justworks, their prices are great for the services they provide. They are always adding new services and benefits.,I'm happy with everything so far.,10,It's so easy to use; frees up my time for other areas.,,Box, Slack, DayliteScale your team with a best in class Payroll and Benefits system.We use JustWorks to handle payroll, benefits and onboarding for all of our employees. We decided on JustWorks after growing our employee base in multiple states and wanted a scalable system that we could rely on.,Benefits Enrollment Onboarding of new employees Recommendations of additional benefits to offer,Shorter time period between payroll draft and payroll date Better integration with Quickbooks Online More insurance carriers,10,Saved us money on health insurance Improved our employees on boarding experience Improved 401k participation,Gusto and Intuit Payroll,QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Receipt Bank Practice PlatformJustworks ReviewJustworks is being used across the whole organization to onboard employees and manage payroll. We use Justworks to also prepare our end of year tax documentation and reporting. Justworks does a great job at managing payroll and employees across multiple states. We also use the platform to manage our health benefits, other employment benefits, onboard contractors and 1099's. It is used as the employee directory and the source for employee census. We also use it to run payroll reports that we create manual journal entries from on a monthly basis for our month end close.,Onboarding employees on their first day. We use Justworks to set up the employee calculate the first payroll, and perform the I9 employment verification. The process is seamless and all can be done electronically and automated which makes it very simple Payroll processing. Justworks automatically calculates the payroll earnings, related taxes and withholdings and will automatically withdraw and deposit the funds. This is a seamless experience Customer Service. Justworks is incredibly responsive and helpful. HR related issues can be a nightmare but Justworks make it easier and more efficient since they are always on call to answer your questions and make life easier.,Reporting and analytics. Justworks reporting has improved but still lacks. It would be nice to have some visualizations in a dashboard that can be reviewed and shared. Human Resource consulting/advice/best practices. Justworks provides tools to create your own templates but doesnt share ideas on best practices, nor do they provide any advice, even though they co-employee your employees. For instance, Trinet will create an employee handbook that lives within the platform. Justworks allows you to create one but they dont own/manage it, which requires legal spend. Applicant tracking (pre-onboarding). If justworks provided a tool to manage potential employees through the hiring process, this would create a seamless transition to onboaring.,10,The tool is much cheaper than hiring an outsourced payroll provider (cheaper than other PEO). Cheaper than going to market for health insurance on our own. Manages all employment tax, etc. which is a huge help and would require additional resources to manage without Justworks.,TriNet,QuickBooks Online, GreenhouseGreat tool for small teamsWe use JustWorks across our organization for salaried and contracted members. It allows us to seamlessly pay everyone in our company, offer health benefits, and they take care of 1099s at the end of the year. I also like that JustWorks has trained staff to answer my HR questions.,Ability to pay contractors Offer health insurance to salaried employees Offer workers comp insurance,Contractors cannot invoice for their payments directly through JustWorks.,10,It has saved us money in terms of paying our accountant for doing end of year 1099s,TriNet,Slack, Trello, ZoomJustworks - the smartest business decision we've made in the past year!Our company uses Justworks across our whole organization! For our small tech company, it helps to alleviate the workload of having to hire a full-time HR manager for compliance, benefits management, payroll, etc., since it is all in one easy to use hub, and we have access to the awesome Justworks team!,Provides top notch medical benefits Eliminates need to through healthcare broker Easy to use interface Great and easy to work with team who is on hand to answer all HR related questions Free access to OneMedical which our team loves!,Early on, we would have loved access to a candidate management tool (such as Lever) so that we wouldn't have to invest in this tool independently. An easier way to track hours and do payroll for part time or contractor employees.,10,Did not need to hire an HR person Assistance in getting our R&D tax credit much more quickly than any other PEO Helpful team available to answer questions about medical plans,TriNet,Lever, Zendesk, SlackJustworks is easy-to-use and offers comprehensive features to track HR needsMy department uses Justworks for PTO tracking and salary payments. We also use the software for managing transit and health benefits. It is a one-stop shop for all of our HR needs. It is used across the organization. We migrated away from a different platform because Justworks is more user-friendly.,A strong interface Ease of use Comprehensive,N/A,10,Cheaper than other services for good value,Built for Teams,NetSuite, Built for TeamsHealthcare Benefits Attract Great Hires = Why We Chose Justworks!Justworks was chosen, after reviewing far too many others. We're a globally-distributed team of extraordinarily talented professionals who all have families that depend on, and deserve the best benefits package available. It's a key reason why the best hires come to any company. We needed a streamlined, completely transparent, easy-to-use and complete HR Benefits, payroll system we could trust, grow with and that would meet our employees and their families needs.,Healthcare benefits at the level large companies can offer, at a price that small to mid-sized companies can afford. The cost and complexity of Healthcare insurance these days can make or break the finances of families, so to be able, as an employer, to cover that risk, helps us attract and retain great people. Transparency: employees can just log-in and see directly the answers/docs they are looking for from pay stubs to employee expenses to healthcare insurance benefits without having to wait for "someone to get back to them", nor do I have to hire a team of HR people to do all of that. Compliance: Like most companies these days we are a globally distributed team. In the US alone, that means 50 different states with 50 different regulations to comply with. It's an impossible job for even a team of in-house HR staff. Only software can do this,None that I can think of, yet. It's not an easy process to learn all the pros/cons/risks in the HC Benefits/Payroll/Compliance sector but that's why we chose Justworks.,10,We're still new to Justworks, but for nearly everyone on our team, this is the dealmaker. Benefits plans are worth more than salaries to the best hires.In fact, part of the process we used to choose Justworks was to send their offering, in advance, to our team to approve of, first. Dealmaker for great hires! Financial security for their families! Compliance management.,ADP TotalSource, TriNet and Paychex Accounting OnlineJustworks is just right!We used Justworks across the organization for payroll and benefits administration. It addresses issues with benefits, time off requests, calendar tracking, employee perks, tracking Human Resources documents, and overall Human Resources administration. It really allows me to do a broad scope of things Human Resources wise, with very little resources at my disposal.,They are particularly good at document organization, and access. Justworks is great with outlining benefits options and being a resource for employees to contact directly, which takes a lot of pressure off of the HR Manager. Justworks does a superb job streamlining PTO policy and administration. Justworks makes it easy to do a little without many resources. It is a great tool for any size organization looking to leverage their resources efficiently.,Justworks could definitely use review functions and employee progress tracking. They could definitely benefit from having more of 401k options/partners. I would like to see better integration with user systems; for example: syncing with Outlook or iCal once an employee PTO is approved, so it goes right to the company calendar without requiring manual check/addition to the calendar.,8,Positive Positive Positive! For the price point, it achieves many goals we need. Because it allows us to leverage minimal resources to get a lot done, its ROI has been great. Justworks has also allowed our company to concentrate energy in areas other than Human Resources which is also a benefit to its ROI.,Namely,Slack
Justworks

Justworks Reviews

Justworks

Do you work for this company?

Filter 15 vetted Justworks reviews and ratings

Jeffrey Schneider profile photo
October 02, 2019

It Just Works - Trust me

• Vendor and 1099 Management - Cuts down on booking keeping and keeps all payment records ion one place with great visibility.
  • Healthcare plans - very easy to understand with a very good selection of choices in all price ranges. Benefits such as gym memberships, commuter benefits, FSA, etc are easily managed.
  • New employee on-boarding time has been dramatically reduced with Justworks simple system
  • A mobile app would be nice to see high level information when traveling and on the go.
  • Managing employee expenses would be a great feature that they do not currently offer. Collecting reports, receipts, etc.
I only have experience with smaller companies, under 25 people, and for this it has been incredible. I looked at many options and their pricing and service for our needs perfectly. I would assume they are just as good for larger organizations. I would recommend ands use them at any future company. I do not think it would be needed for smaller companies, under 5-7 people due to the expense.
Read Jeffrey Schneider's full review
Jessica Oliver, PHR profile photo
  • The JustWorks platform is extremely user-friendly. Everything is built in with a seamless user experience. 9 times out of 10, if my employees are looking for something, it is right in front of them.
  • JustWorks has amazing customer service. Every member of their team is equipped to answer any questions you may have. This is super helpful when you have an immediate need and can't get a hold of your Account Manager. They can look up your account, answer questions and relay the information to your Account Manager providing seamless communication.
  • JustWorks did an outstanding job walking my employees through their initial set up process. While hesitant about switching insurance carries, our Account Manager was able to answer every question we had with transparency. They even made suggestions about rolling over deductibles that had already been met and gave important information about current healthcare providers being in network.
  • JustWorks couldn't accurately track our PTO. We use an accrual system that maxes out at 88 hours. We incentivise our employees with additional PTO hours based off of goals met. The JustWorks platform allowed our employees to accrue far more PTO than what was offered. They didn't have a feature that offered a Cap and accrual.
  • When using the JustWorks reports for 401K, if not using their integrated 401K provider, the reports give you every employee regardless of whether or not they contribute. This makes it difficult when adding the contributions in separately.
  • JustWorks tracks historical data for employees. Whenever there is a salary change made, it keeps track. However, it shows a salary adjustment made on the day they are entered into JustWorks which can be very confusing. We switched from another PEO mid year and it looked like I made salary changes on the beginning date. This made it difficult to differentiate an actual salary adjustment.
JustWorks is perfect for a smaller organization that wants to provide their employees with competitive benefits. It allows the HR manager to focus more on hiring and less on administrative stuff while accurately tracking all of the important employee data. JustWorks sends reminders to the team when open enrollment is coming and keeps them up to date with other important communications.
Read Jessica Oliver, PHR's full review
Stephanie Stewart profile photo
  • Amazing customer support that responds quickly to any questions
  • Competitive priced benefits
  • Nationwide benefit coverage for a dispersed and remote work force
  • More HR info in regards to compliance and resources for employees to stay in compliance (they have just started to do this with sexual harassment but more things like this would be great!)
  • Better integrations with company holidays and timesheets. They have recently updated PTO to integrate so I'm hoping that company holidays would also be a feature added.
Justworks is great for a small business with a remote work force, limited resources for HR and benefits but with the need to stay compliant and offer competitive benefits.

For larger companies I don't know that Justworks would be the best fit and it may be better to go with an all in one system that can manage multiple aspects of HR including performance, recruiting, and benefits.
Read Stephanie Stewart's full review
Nicholas Kouvatsos profile photo
  • Online access to everything
  • Paycheck notifications
  • A nice calendar feature with work anniversary dates, birthdays, etc.
  • My paycheck is split up between two separate deposits. One for my base salary and one for bonuses.
  • My bonus checks are not included in my main paycheck and, therefore, are not part of my 401k deduction (which includes my employer’s match). So, since a percentage of my bonus isn’t going to my 401k, my company doesn’t match it.
It seems like it would work well for most companies with a simple pay structure. Companies with more complicated pay structures or with different pay periods may experience trouble with Justworks.
Read Nicholas Kouvatsos's full review
Michelle Kernan profile photo
We use Justworks across the whole company for our payroll and benefits.
  • The benefit choices with Aetna are excellent and very easy to for our employees to choose and renew.
  • Payroll is a no-brainer, very easy to set up and manage.
  • If you ever have a problem or need to speak to someone you have a dedicated account representative or you can get a hold of someone any time. They are very responsive via email or phone.
  • Affordable, I checked out many PEOs before going with Justworks, their prices are great for the services they provide.
  • They are always adding new services and benefits.
  • I'm happy with everything so far.
The website is great, very easy to manage and for all employees to use to log in to get their pay stubs and check on their benefits.
Read Michelle Kernan's full review
Michael Ly profile photo
  • Benefits Enrollment
  • Onboarding of new employees
  • Recommendations of additional benefits to offer
  • Shorter time period between payroll draft and payroll date
  • Better integration with QuickBooks Online
  • More insurance carriers
JustWorks is great for those managing a distributed team in multiple states or for a company does not have a central office that employees come to.
Read Michael Ly's full review
December 12, 2018

Justworks Review

• Onboarding employees on their first day. We use Justworks to set up the employee calculate the first payroll, and perform the I9 employment verification. The process is seamless and all can be done electronically and automated which makes it very simple
  • Payroll processing. Justworks automatically calculates the payroll earnings, related taxes and withholdings and will automatically withdraw and deposit the funds. This is a seamless experience
  • Customer Service. Justworks is incredibly responsive and helpful. HR related issues can be a nightmare but Justworks make it easier and more efficient since they are always on call to answer your questions and make life easier.
  • Reporting and analytics. Justworks reporting has improved but still lacks. It would be nice to have some visualizations in a dashboard that can be reviewed and shared.
  • Human Resource consulting/advice/best practices. Justworks provides tools to create your own templates but doesnt share ideas on best practices, nor do they provide any advice, even though they co-employee your employees. For instance, TriNet will create an employee handbook that lives within the platform. Justworks allows you to create one but they dont own/manage it, which requires legal spend.
  • Applicant tracking (pre-onboarding). If justworks provided a tool to manage potential employees through the hiring process, this would create a seamless transition to onboaring.
Justworks is great for small companies that don't have a back office. Could be 5 - 10 employees or even larger. We manage 48 employees on Justworks, which has been very easy thus far. Justworks is great to get employees set up, and great to get them on-boarding with employment docs. Th fact that they manage state registration for payroll as well as tax filing and reporting make it worth the price just in that.
  • Ability to pay contractors
  • Offer health insurance to salaried employees
  • Offer workers comp insurance
  • Contractors cannot invoice for their payments directly through JustWorks.
Great for small companies (though probably good for large ones as well) who don't want to worry about being in compliance, dealing with payroll, or stressing out about selecting insurance. JustWorks makes it easy to run our company and bring in the best talent. We also love the gym discounts they offer.
  • Provides top notch medical benefits
  • Eliminates need to through healthcare broker
  • Easy to use interface
  • Great and easy to work with team who is on hand to answer all HR related questions
  • Free access to OneMedical which our team loves!
  • Early on, we would have loved access to a candidate management tool (such as Lever) so that we wouldn't have to invest in this tool independently.
  • An easier way to track hours and do payroll for part time or contractor employees.
I can't think of a scenario where Justworks wouldn't be a good choice for your business, no matter the size.
Matthew Goldberg profile photo

• A strong interface
  • Ease of use
  • Comprehensive
  • N/A
Justworks is well suited to any organization that wants an easy-to-use software for managing the HR process -- from PTO to payments to health insurance. The program is probably unnecessary for very small organizations but would make things more efficient for medium to mid-size companies with above 50 employees.
Read Matthew Goldberg's full review
Jackie Bassett profile photo
  • Healthcare benefits at the level large companies can offer, at a price that small to mid-sized companies can afford. The cost and complexity of Healthcare insurance these days can make or break the finances of families, so to be able, as an employer, to cover that risk, helps us attract and retain great people.
  • Transparency: employees can just log-in and see directly the answers/docs they are looking for from pay stubs to employee expenses to healthcare insurance benefits without having to wait for "someone to get back to them", nor do I have to hire a team of HR people to do all of that.
  • Compliance: Like most companies these days we are a globally distributed team. In the US alone, that means 50 different states with 50 different regulations to comply with. It's an impossible job for even a team of in-house HR staff. Only software can do this
  • None that I can think of, yet. It's not an easy process to learn all the pros/cons/risks in the HC Benefits/Payroll/Compliance sector but that's why we chose Justworks.
Best-suited for companies who have well-researched what's out there because that process alone works to better educate you on what you really need before you learn the hard way. They can take in companies with as few as 2, offering them "large company" benefits at a cost you just can't get any other way.

If you've not done your homework on what you and your current/future employees are asking for, then you'll not make the right choice without a lot of trial and error, which will cost you some really good employees.
Read Jackie Bassett's full review
  • They are particularly good at document organization, and access.
  • Justworks is great with outlining benefits options and being a resource for employees to contact directly, which takes a lot of pressure off of the HR Manager.
  • Justworks does a superb job streamlining PTO policy and administration.
  • Justworks makes it easy to do a little without many resources. It is a great tool for any size organization looking to leverage their resources efficiently.
  • Justworks could definitely use review functions and employee progress tracking.
  • They could definitely benefit from having more of 401k options/partners.
  • I would like to see better integration with user systems; for example: syncing with Outlook or iCal once an employee PTO is approved, so it goes right to the company calendar without requiring manual check/addition to the calendar.
Realistically, I think Justworks can be useful in many scenarios. First and foremost it is great for basic payroll, benefits administration, standard requests, and Human Resources documentation, but lacks in other human resource application areas like performance tracking, interoffice communication, and otherwise. Although there are opportunities for this integration, and I believe they are working on performance tracking.

Justworks Scorecard Summary

Pay calculation (6)
9.5
Support for external payroll vendors (2)
10.0
Benefit plan administration (8)
9.6
Direct deposit files (8)
10.0
Salary revision and increment management (6)
Reimbursement management (2)