Great at first...

October 25, 2021

• Direct deposit files (26)
    9.6
  • Benefit plan administration (26)
    9.5
  • Pay calculation (22)
    9.4
  • Salary revision and increment management (20)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Justworks, and make your voice heard!

Basic (100-174 Employees)

$39

Basic (25-99 Employees)

$44

per employee/per month

Basic (Under 25 Employees)

$49

Product Demos

What All-In-One HR Looks Like | Justworks
00:33

Payroll Management

What is Justworks?

Justworks Video

All-in-one jobs call for all-in-one HR services. With Justworks, you can offer access to benefits, onboard new employees, and pay your team with our easy-to-use online platform. Subscribe to our channel! https://bit.ly/2nbEGgv Justworks makes it easier to start, run, and gro...

Justworks Technical Details

Deployment TypesSoftware as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based

My organization currently uses Justworks to manage our entire U.S. HR payroll, insurances (medical/dental/vision), 401(k), and other employee benefits (life insurance, AD&D, etc.). Justworks greatly helps us with HR administration and with federal, state, and local filings associated with payroll and HR. We also use Justworks for general HR guidance and to track paid time off requests and balances.
  • Payroll Administration
  • Customer Service
  • Medical/Dental/Vision and Ancillary Benefits Administration
  • 401(k)
  • Payroll for Staffs Based Abroad
  • Reporting Capabilities
  • Paid Time Off Tracker/Balance for Staffs Based Abroad
  • W2 Details
Overall, Justworks is a great platform to use to manage organization wide payroll, benefits (medical/dental/vision), and other misc. HR related services (401(k), life insurance, AD&D). The value Justworks brings to our organization greatly exceeds its cost, which I find very reasonable. I particularly love its customer service, which is fast, reliable, and helpful (By calling a number, you get connected directly to a customer service rep., no answer machines or need to press multiple buttons/selections to get to where you need). By implementing Justworks for our HR needs in the U.S., it greatly reduces the time I spent on HR administration duties while offering great benefits and HR services to our employees.
JustWorks is the standard system for HR management, benefits, accounting, and payroll. I have acted both as a user and an administrator. It has a huge advantage over existing solutions since JustWorks offers the best of both worlds: a self-directed, self-serve option as well as easy access to a contact person or account manager to answer questions. We evaluated multiple PEOs and no one else had this flexibility. JustWorks also supports all the additional services you'd expect, health benefits that are equivalent to a large organization, insurance etc. I would highly recommend JustWorks for any startup at its earliest stage to a growing one.
  • Enrollment - both self serve and access to a person to help
  • Communication - email communication with updates and explanations
  • Easy to use web portal - information at the administrator's and user's fingertips
  • Value proposition - understanding why JustWorks is better than other PEOs
  • Aggregated user logins - if you have worked in multiple companies with multiple JustWorks accounts, you need a unique one for each company which can get confusing
As I have only used JustWorks at 3 different companies all of less than 30 employees, I am not equipped to access how it scales to companies of 100+ users. For SMBs, I have found that they are the best after evaluating 4 different PEOs in terms of ease of use and the breadth of what they offer.
Douglas Hoenig | TrustRadius Reviewer
Ripple Street uses Justworks across the entire organization to manage human resource functions such as benefits, managing time off requests, paystubs and more.
  • manages everyone's calendar and time off requests
  • manages everyone's paystubs
  • serves as central hub for all human resource functions
  • have a social function that allows employees to engage with each other
  • integrate expenses function for reimbursement
Justworks is well suited for managing an organization's basic human resource functions. It's a great central destination for managing paystubs, managing everyone's calendars and time off requests, managing benefits, etc. I'd recommend Justworks to any organization looking for a simple platform to manage all of there human resource functions and communications.
Justworks is basically our entire HR portal. It's where we run payroll, where we decide upon and check on benefits, and where we put some company documents regarding HR protocols. Our entire company uses it and it makes it very easy to run payroll without any hassle. We are also able to distinguish between hourly, salary, and contractors each payroll with ease.
  • Running Payroll
  • Choosing and Checking on Benefits
  • Setting company standards
  • Sometimes slow on response times
  • Sending Admin emails
  • Better visibility into potential benefits
This is completely appropriate for smaller businesses like us. However, if you are at a business with an in-house HR solution this is probably not the best fit. JustWorks is our entire HR portal and we wouldn't be able to easily and quickly find benefits or run payroll without it.
October 25, 2021

Great at first...

My public accounting firm uses Justworks for payroll and HR currently. We previously used them for 401k and insurance as well. Justworks served as the full-service payroll and human resource provider so that we did not need to internally hire such a position. Additionally, for a time, we had an advantage of lower health insurance premiums despite our size due to being part of the larger group.
  • Online processing
  • Online reports
  • Staying on top of payroll related regulations
  • Communication in sufficient time related to a large increase in medical insurance premiums
  • Our customer service rep was not knowledgeable enough in explaining the medical insurance options
Well suited to smaller professional companies who desire to outsource all payroll and human resource functions, including employee benefits. Where I am less than thrilled is with how the annual medical insurance renewal was handled. The customer service rep was not sufficiently knowledgeable to explain correctly the differences in the various plan options.
Chris Cardinal | TrustRadius Reviewer
JustWorks is our PEO/HR and compliance and benefits and payroll platform. It's used by HR for administering headcount, benefits, running payroll, etc. It's used by all employees for configuring their employment accounts, electing benefits, etc.

Using a PEO instead of a standard payroll provider gives us more flexibility for multi state hires, and provides more competitive insurance rates.
  • HR Compliance and Support
  • Payroll
  • Benefits Administration
  • Mobile app
  • API/Automation
  • Expense reimbursement
Businesses looking to hire US based employees but who want to remain compliant in multiple states.

Businesses growing quickly can use their HR support. It's quite a bit more expensive than Gusto or other payroll providers but the insurance benefits can help a bit.
It is being used across the whole organization by all employees. It is our central human resources information system, used for payroll, benefits, time off, compliance trainings, company directory, company calendar.
  • Comprehensive benefits information and support for our employees
  • Very intuitive user interface
  • There are certain functions that I cannot complete that must be done on the back end by our account manager. It's sometimes frustrating to have to wait, though the response times are generally quick - within a business day or so.
I have used three PEOs now in my career and I find JustWorks to be the most intuitive, user friendly, and the support they provide around benefits is outstanding.
Justworks is used across our US operations for all elements of payroll, benefits, and HR. We previously utilized other payroll and healthcare providers but found their platforms cumbersome, disjointed, and lacking in usability. With Justworks I I have reduced our team's HR burden by hours per month and remain confident that we are compliant and providing our employees with the best possible benefits. Beyond that, Justworks customer service is excellent. They pick up the phone and resolve situations quickly.
  • Customer Service
  • Streamlined HR, payroll, and benefit management
  • Easy employee interface
  • Competitive rates
  • Comprehensive coverage
  • Commission payments could be more robust and allow for more options
  • External accounting integrations are a little clunky
Justworks is fantastic for SMEs. It minimizes time spent on payroll and benefits, enables employees to self update information, and generally streamlines this process. It has been fantastic for our company. I could see that this might be challenging in larger enterprises with more complex payment structures (think commissions and bonuses that vary per pay period).
Mike Englert | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Justworks for all of our compliance, HR, and payroll services for all of our employees and contractors. It has made my business so much easier to manage! They also helped immensely when it came to the pandemic and the PPP loans that we were applying for, providing the necessary reports in an easy to use and understand way. The user interface is great and so simple to use and understand. I highly recommend Justworks to any and all small businesses like ours (8 employees + 30+ contractors).
  • Great customer service, 24/7.
  • Regular helpful updates on all compliance and HR-related issues, across all 50 states.
  • Awesome user interface.
  • Ease of use for onboarding new employees and new contractors/freelancers.
  • Honestly, I can't think of any areas of improvement. Justworks has been just right for us for over 4 years now.
Very well-suited for small start-ups and companies where there are only a couple of employees. When my wife and I started with Justworks, it was only the 2 of us as employees. Justworks has helped us scale up to a total of 7 employees now and we're looking to add 2 more soon. Not sure how we would have done it without Justworks!!!
We use JustWorks to manage all HR, payroll, and benefits. It greatly reduced the learning curve for non-HR specialists with employment law, and made payroll and benefit selection a breeze. I would highly recommend JustWorks for small and growing organizations that might not have the luxury of dedicated HR staff.
  • Payroll
  • Benefits
  • PTO
  • HR
  • State Compliance
  • International Contractors
  • Onboarding
It's great for small organizations that need help getting set up and staying compliant with employment practices law. We're a remote team with employees in more than twelve states. I wish the state compliance aspect was easier to navigate or predict. We often find out states have additional requirements after an employee gets set up.
Justworks is good if you don't want to spend a lot of time managing a group of employees, or at any rate, if you are going to be working with a large roster of employees and need a higher level of coordination. In fact, we think the scope of Justworks is so broad that it works to cover almost every aspect involved in human resources management. We fully believe in the quality of service provided by the justworks team, who have presented concise answers and have been able to accommodate all our employee management and general recruitment needs. We find it recommendable to use the platform with little experience in the area. Given the tremendous usability capabilities of Justworks, we can easily deduce that the service is totally viable for working in the area of human talent development. We will continue to opt for Justworks as our main management software, thanks to the ease of use it has provided.
  • Switching from one employee's performance document to another when managing many of them becomes extremely easy, since most of the time the platform organizes the information well, and actions can be delegated, for example, if there are two or more employees in the department connected to the Justworks platform at the same time, the second one can be assigned specific actions.
  • Justworks provides a 360-degree view of the company and the employees in it, allowing us to go deep into all the work operations of the employees, to know exactly what is happening at all times, giving us full control of their activity.
  • The visual analytics provided by Justworks are excellent for combining data about the way employees and applicants work, without being complicated to manage. This is very useful for gathering information in future mixed reports.
  • Justworks does not guarantee that all employee contracts will always be fulfilled, which although totally out of the service's hands, limits the capacity of the work team so much that it leaves out forecasting functions for future employee reliefs, changes or dismissals.
  • There is a lack of flexibility in terms of function management and accessibility. In other words, depending on how many tools are used on the platform, the work will become disorganized, as there are no organizational dashboards.
Justworks makes the life of a human resources manager easier, mostly due to the fact that it can automate all report scheduling actions based on certain dates, which makes it useful for storing information under an activity history. Since it gives the possibility to deal with applicants in groups and individually, it can be very well used in the generation of strategies that involve working with many applicants at the same time, thus saving as much as possible of this time. Justworks is a very attractive software because it adapts to any kind of workforce without losing performance. With this software, either through its desktop version or being deployed from its website, it is easy to organize the work in situations where it is not possible to work with some kind of deployment.
JustWorks is used as our HR tool and provides our benefits package. Our entire organization uses Justworks for their company benefits. The software replaces having an internal HR Department.
  • The portal is easy to use and navigate
  • They have a chat channel for benefits questions, email, and phone.
  • In "Time off," they need to incorporate a time-off estimator.
I log into Justworks multiple times a week, and I find it very easy to access paycheck details and submit time-off. I think the calendar is helpful so that you can see everyone else's time-off and anniversaries. It provides easy access to benefits details like medical and dental selections.
I've chatted several times with Justworks and had all of my questions easily address within moments right in the chat in Slack. Easy and quick!
Nikki Steinmetz, aPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
Justworks is being used as our HRIS across the whole organization. It allows us to manage our benefits, time off, and paystubs. It is extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. I feel like I am successfully able to manage all the benefits that my company offers in an easy to understand format.
  • Time-off management
  • Benefits management
  • User Interface
  • New two-step verification that is over redundant
  • PTO and Work from home are not differentiated on Time off calendar
  • Company Directory is unable to be minimized
I think Justworks is well suited to be able to manage smaller companies. I can envision that as companies grow larger there needs to be more functionality, such as time-off calendars shown by department rather than the company as a whole. I like the fact that you are able to add attractive benefits through Justworks such as class pass and one medical.
Justworks have been incredibly responsive whenever I have had an issue. Their response time is quick, and they are helpful.
Justworks is being used across my entire organization, where it helps us manage payroll, health benefits, and ancillary benefits for all of our employees.
  • It helps us setup payroll and benefits for new employees in our company.
  • It enables employees to easily keep their work calendars updated, quickly see the status of their paychecks, and download their work-related tax forms.
  • Justworks could more easily integrate with Google Calendar so that people can get their coworkers' vacation calendars quickly on the Google Calendar (the "subscribe via iCal" button does this for iCal App, Does not help with Windows users who are viewing the Google Calendar in their browser).
  • If a user wants to download all of their paystubs for record-keeping, they have to click on every link for each pay period. It would be helpful to have a single "download all paystubs" button.
Justworks makes it very easy to quickly onboard new employees, send them training documents, as well as share details regarding health benefits and other benefits programs with them. It also allows them to quickly request time off from their managers, although this function can be improved by integrating with their Google Calendar so that coworkers can see when they are on vacation.
In one case, paychecks were accidentally sent out in duplicate. Justworks support provided immediate notice on a holiday about this issue, which was quickly rectified.
Justworks is being used by the whole organization as our PTO tracker, benefits center, and the company directory.
  • PTO reporting.
  • Resource center.
  • PTO calendar link does not always report correctly.
  • Can be hard to find what you need.
Justworks is very well suited for companies looking to simplify their payroll. It makes it easy for employees to to view and change their benefits as will as request time off and sick time.
I have no issues with it.
Christina Caruso | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Justworks across our U.S. business for payroll, benefits and labor compliance. It's a great resource for providing individual state employment law updates, by sending monthly newsletters with the upcoming guidelines and laws. Justworks has a knowledgable team that is easily accessible, serving as an extension of our small HR team.
  • Easy to use platform.
  • Transparency with invoicing.
  • Strong customer support.
  • Justworks constantly improves its reporting tool. A dashboard would be a nice feature to have to visualize employee and department trends.
Justworks is well suited for companies with a small HR team that doesn't have the time or resources to dedicate to payroll and benefits. It is less appropriate for companies that have a payroll and/or benefits department built out.
Justworks offers many different options for customer service. You can contact them via email, phone or Slack. They are quick to resolve issues and if your Account Manager is out of office, they have other Managers covering your account who are knowledgable and ready to support. They also have an office in New York, which makes their support even more localized.
November 12, 2019

Great for small companies

We use it for a lot. Being a small company we don't really have an HR team so we use it for benefits, time off, 401K and any information needed with it. It's a great resource and really easy to use.
  • Easy to find information
  • Easy to contact help if needed
  • All benefits in one place
  • There was an issue with our first paycheck. It wasn't being sent in correctly.
I think for a small company with limited resources or knowledge around HR it's perfect.
When our first paychecks weren't correct there were a lot of back and forth phone calls.
Sascha Mayer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Justworks is an amazingly streamlined tool for start-ups like ours. It provides us (and our employees) with one simple platform to handle payroll, insurance, paid time off, etc. It allows me to have detailed information about every employee at my fingertips, and has eliminated some of the more menial aspects of HR.
  • Easy-to-use dashboard design.
  • Easy onboarding for new employees.
  • All-in-one platform for benefits.
  • I don't have any recommendations for improvements at this time.
Justworks is great for startup businesses that want to provide the best benefits for employees, but who have limited HR and administrative resources.
From the first touch point with our Justworks sales representative (at a TechCrunch conference) to our ongoing use, Justworks has grown with us and provided the services we have required.
At my prior company, we used Justworks as our PEO for benefits, PTO and payroll as well as reporting. This was an incredibly easy to use product for onboarding new employees.
  • Onboarding is super easy for the user.
  • Company calendar - I loved that as HR I could see any major dates for the company.
  • Customer service - I had a great account rep who was always available to answer my questions
  • I sent a lot of suggestions to the account rep over the year+ I worked with Justworks. I believe much of my feedback was around reports and customization.
Justworks is great for smaller companies in the tech space who don't have a full-service HR team. As a single support HR member, it saved me a ton of time.
My dedicated account admin always got back to me and I had a direct number to reach her at.
October 02, 2019

It Just Works - Trust me

Jeffrey Schneider | TrustRadius Reviewer
Justworks is used by our company for all HR, including payroll, healthcare, compliance, 1099 and vendor management. It has become a very trusted source for me and my employees in answering common and/or complicated questions. The resources in developing employee handbooks alone have saved us thousands of dollars in legal fees. Our Account Manager got back to me very promptly with very detailed explanations of my questions.
  • Vendor and 1099 Management - Cuts down on booking keeping and keeps all payment records ion one place with great visibility.
  • Healthcare plans - very easy to understand with a very good selection of choices in all price ranges. Benefits such as gym memberships, commuter benefits, FSA, etc are easily managed.
  • New employee on-boarding time has been dramatically reduced with Justworks simple system
  • A mobile app would be nice to see high level information when traveling and on the go.
  • Managing employee expenses would be a great feature that they do not currently offer. Collecting reports, receipts, etc.
I only have experience with smaller companies, under 25 people, and for this it has been incredible. I looked at many options and their pricing and service for our needs perfectly. I would assume they are just as good for larger organizations. I would recommend ands use them at any future company. I do not think it would be needed for smaller companies, under 5-7 people due to the expense.
Nicholas Kouvatsos | TrustRadius Reviewer
This is the payroll company and benefits administrator for our entire organization.
  • Online access to everything
  • Paycheck notifications
  • A nice calendar feature with work anniversary dates, birthdays, etc.
  • My paycheck is split up between two separate deposits. One for my base salary and one for bonuses.
  • My bonus checks are not included in my main paycheck and, therefore, are not part of my 401k deduction (which includes my employer’s match). So, since a percentage of my bonus isn’t going to my 401k, my company doesn’t match it.
It seems like it would work well for most companies with a simple pay structure. Companies with more complicated pay structures or with different pay periods may experience trouble with Justworks.
December 12, 2018

Justworks Review

Justworks is being used across the whole organization to onboard employees and manage payroll. We use Justworks to also prepare our end of year tax documentation and reporting. Justworks does a great job at managing payroll and employees across multiple states. We also use the platform to manage our health benefits, other employment benefits, onboard contractors and 1099's. It is used as the employee directory and the source for employee census. We also use it to run payroll reports that we create manual journal entries from on a monthly basis for our month end close.
  • Onboarding employees on their first day. We use Justworks to set up the employee calculate the first payroll, and perform the I9 employment verification. The process is seamless and all can be done electronically and automated which makes it very simple
  • Payroll processing. Justworks automatically calculates the payroll earnings, related taxes and withholdings and will automatically withdraw and deposit the funds. This is a seamless experience
  • Customer Service. Justworks is incredibly responsive and helpful. HR related issues can be a nightmare but Justworks make it easier and more efficient since they are always on call to answer your questions and make life easier.
  • Reporting and analytics. Justworks reporting has improved but still lacks. It would be nice to have some visualizations in a dashboard that can be reviewed and shared.
  • Human Resource consulting/advice/best practices. Justworks provides tools to create your own templates but doesnt share ideas on best practices, nor do they provide any advice, even though they co-employee your employees. For instance, TriNet will create an employee handbook that lives within the platform. Justworks allows you to create one but they dont own/manage it, which requires legal spend.
  • Applicant tracking (pre-onboarding). If justworks provided a tool to manage potential employees through the hiring process, this would create a seamless transition to onboaring.
Justworks is great for small companies that don't have a back office. Could be 5 - 10 employees or even larger. We manage 48 employees on Justworks, which has been very easy thus far. Justworks is great to get employees set up, and great to get them on-boarding with employment docs. Th fact that they manage state registration for payroll as well as tax filing and reporting make it worth the price just in that.
We use JustWorks across our organization for salaried and contracted members. It allows us to seamlessly pay everyone in our company, offer health benefits, and they take care of 1099s at the end of the year. I also like that JustWorks has trained staff to answer my HR questions.
  • Ability to pay contractors
  • Offer health insurance to salaried employees
  • Offer workers comp insurance
  • Contractors cannot invoice for their payments directly through JustWorks.
Great for small companies (though probably good for large ones as well) who don't want to worry about being in compliance, dealing with payroll, or stressing out about selecting insurance. JustWorks makes it easy to run our company and bring in the best talent. We also love the gym discounts they offer.
Jessica Oliver, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
JustWorks is being used across the entire organization. Being a small startup, it allowed us to offer numerous benefits to our employees that wouldn't typically be offered with our size organization. JustWorks gives my employees access to 4 different healthcare plans, FSA and HSA's, dental and vision coverage at a cost comparable to big companies. JustWorks handles all of our employee "paperwork", files our taxes at the end of the year, integrates with 401K, keeps track of PTO, anniversaries and birthdays, all employee historical data and so much more.
  • The JustWorks platform is extremely user-friendly. Everything is built in with a seamless user experience. 9 times out of 10, if my employees are looking for something, it is right in front of them.
  • JustWorks has amazing customer service. Every member of their team is equipped to answer any questions you may have. This is super helpful when you have an immediate need and can't get a hold of your Account Manager. They can look up your account, answer questions and relay the information to your Account Manager providing seamless communication.
  • JustWorks did an outstanding job walking my employees through their initial set up process. While hesitant about switching insurance carries, our Account Manager was able to answer every question we had with transparency. They even made suggestions about rolling over deductibles that had already been met and gave important information about current healthcare providers being in network.
  • JustWorks couldn't accurately track our PTO. We use an accrual system that maxes out at 88 hours. We incentivise our employees with additional PTO hours based off of goals met. The JustWorks platform allowed our employees to accrue far more PTO than what was offered. They didn't have a feature that offered a Cap and accrual.
  • When using the JustWorks reports for 401K, if not using their integrated 401K provider, the reports give you every employee regardless of whether or not they contribute. This makes it difficult when adding the contributions in separately.
  • JustWorks tracks historical data for employees. Whenever there is a salary change made, it keeps track. However, it shows a salary adjustment made on the day they are entered into JustWorks which can be very confusing. We switched from another PEO mid year and it looked like I made salary changes on the beginning date. This made it difficult to differentiate an actual salary adjustment.
JustWorks is perfect for a smaller organization that wants to provide their employees with competitive benefits. It allows the HR manager to focus more on hiring and less on administrative stuff while accurately tracking all of the important employee data. JustWorks sends reminders to the team when open enrollment is coming and keeps them up to date with other important communications.
Michael Ly | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use JustWorks to handle payroll, benefits and onboarding for all of our employees. We decided on JustWorks after growing our employee base in multiple states and wanted a scalable system that we could rely on.
  • Benefits Enrollment
  • Onboarding of new employees
  • Recommendations of additional benefits to offer
  • Shorter time period between payroll draft and payroll date
  • Better integration with QuickBooks Online
  • More insurance carriers
JustWorks is great for those managing a distributed team in multiple states or for a company does not have a central office that employees come to.