Justworks Reviews

Melissa McCormack | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 14, 2020

JustWorks is a fantastic HR and Benefits Solution!

JustWorks is used as our HR tool and provides our benefits package. Our entire organization uses Justworks for their company benefits. The software replaces having an internal HR Department.
  • The portal is easy to use and navigate
  • They have a chat channel for benefits questions, email, and phone.
  • In "Time off," they need to incorporate a time-off estimator.
I log into Justworks multiple times a week, and I find it very easy to access paycheck details and submit time-off. I think the calendar is helpful so that you can see everyone else's time-off and anniversaries. It provides easy access to benefits details like medical and dental selections.
Read Melissa McCormack's full review
Christina Caruso | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

Justworks makes everyones life easier

We use Justworks across our U.S. business for payroll, benefits and labor compliance. It's a great resource for providing individual state employment law updates, by sending monthly newsletters with the upcoming guidelines and laws. Justworks has a knowledgable team that is easily accessible, serving as an extension of our small HR team.
  • Easy to use platform.
  • Transparency with invoicing.
  • Strong customer support.
  • Justworks constantly improves its reporting tool. A dashboard would be a nice feature to have to visualize employee and department trends.
Justworks is well suited for companies with a small HR team that doesn't have the time or resources to dedicate to payroll and benefits. It is less appropriate for companies that have a payroll and/or benefits department built out.
Read Christina Caruso's full review
Sascha Mayer | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 12, 2019

Justworks lives up to its name, it just works.

Justworks is an amazingly streamlined tool for start-ups like ours. It provides us (and our employees) with one simple platform to handle payroll, insurance, paid time off, etc. It allows me to have detailed information about every employee at my fingertips, and has eliminated some of the more menial aspects of HR.
  • Easy-to-use dashboard design.
  • Easy onboarding for new employees.
  • All-in-one platform for benefits.
  • I don't have any recommendations for improvements at this time.
Justworks is great for startup businesses that want to provide the best benefits for employees, but who have limited HR and administrative resources.
Read Sascha Mayer's full review
Nikki Steinmetz, aPHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 06, 2020

Justworks is just right!

Justworks is being used as our HRIS across the whole organization. It allows us to manage our benefits, time off, and paystubs. It is extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. I feel like I am successfully able to manage all the benefits that my company offers in an easy to understand format.
  • Time-off management
  • Benefits management
  • User Interface
  • New two-step verification that is over redundant
  • PTO and Work from home are not differentiated on Time off calendar
  • Company Directory is unable to be minimized
I think Justworks is well suited to be able to manage smaller companies. I can envision that as companies grow larger there needs to be more functionality, such as time-off calendars shown by department rather than the company as a whole. I like the fact that you are able to add attractive benefits through Justworks such as class pass and one medical.
Read Nikki Steinmetz, aPHR's full review
Travis Hill | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 10, 2020

Justwork works how you want it to

Justworks is being used by the whole organization as our PTO tracker, benefits center, and the company directory.
  • PTO reporting.
  • Resource center.
  • PTO calendar link does not always report correctly.
  • Can be hard to find what you need.
Justworks is very well suited for companies looking to simplify their payroll. It makes it easy for employees to to view and change their benefits as will as request time off and sick time.
Read Travis Hill's full review
February 18, 2020

Justworks provides the enhanced feature set that allows an organization to easily manage a lot of users - with great benefits for the employees!

Justworks is being used across my entire organization, where it helps us manage payroll, health benefits, and ancillary benefits for all of our employees.
  • It helps us setup payroll and benefits for new employees in our company.
  • It enables employees to easily keep their work calendars updated, quickly see the status of their paychecks, and download their work-related tax forms.
  • Justworks could more easily integrate with Google Calendar so that people can get their coworkers' vacation calendars quickly on the Google Calendar (the "subscribe via iCal" button does this for iCal App, Does not help with Windows users who are viewing the Google Calendar in their browser).
  • If a user wants to download all of their paystubs for record-keeping, they have to click on every link for each pay period. It would be helpful to have a single "download all paystubs" button.
Justworks makes it very easy to quickly onboard new employees, send them training documents, as well as share details regarding health benefits and other benefits programs with them. It also allows them to quickly request time off from their managers, although this function can be improved by integrating with their Google Calendar so that coworkers can see when they are on vacation.
November 12, 2019

Great for small companies

We use it for a lot. Being a small company we don't really have an HR team so we use it for benefits, time off, 401K and any information needed with it. It's a great resource and really easy to use.
  • Easy to find information
  • Easy to contact help if needed
  • All benefits in one place
  • There was an issue with our first paycheck. It wasn't being sent in correctly.
I think for a small company with limited resources or knowledge around HR it's perfect.
October 30, 2019

Great for small companies!

At my prior company, we used Justworks as our PEO for benefits, PTO and payroll as well as reporting. This was an incredibly easy to use product for onboarding new employees.
  • Onboarding is super easy for the user.
  • Company calendar - I loved that as HR I could see any major dates for the company.
  • Customer service - I had a great account rep who was always available to answer my questions
  • I sent a lot of suggestions to the account rep over the year+ I worked with Justworks. I believe much of my feedback was around reports and customization.
Justworks is great for smaller companies in the tech space who don't have a full-service HR team. As a single support HR member, it saved me a ton of time.
Jeffrey Schneider | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 02, 2019

It Just Works - Trust me

Justworks is used by our company for all HR, including payroll, healthcare, compliance, 1099 and vendor management. It has become a very trusted source for me and my employees in answering common and/or complicated questions. The resources in developing employee handbooks alone have saved us thousands of dollars in legal fees. Our Account Manager got back to me very promptly with very detailed explanations of my questions.
  • Vendor and 1099 Management - Cuts down on booking keeping and keeps all payment records ion one place with great visibility.
  • Healthcare plans - very easy to understand with a very good selection of choices in all price ranges. Benefits such as gym memberships, commuter benefits, FSA, etc are easily managed.
  • New employee on-boarding time has been dramatically reduced with Justworks simple system
  • A mobile app would be nice to see high level information when traveling and on the go.
  • Managing employee expenses would be a great feature that they do not currently offer. Collecting reports, receipts, etc.
I only have experience with smaller companies, under 25 people, and for this it has been incredible. I looked at many options and their pricing and service for our needs perfectly. I would assume they are just as good for larger organizations. I would recommend ands use them at any future company. I do not think it would be needed for smaller companies, under 5-7 people due to the expense.
Read Jeffrey Schneider's full review
Jessica Oliver, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2018

JustWorks gets it- simply put, they Just Work!

JustWorks is being used across the entire organization. Being a small startup, it allowed us to offer numerous benefits to our employees that wouldn't typically be offered with our size organization. JustWorks gives my employees access to 4 different healthcare plans, FSA and HSA's, dental and vision coverage at a cost comparable to big companies. JustWorks handles all of our employee "paperwork", files our taxes at the end of the year, integrates with 401K, keeps track of PTO, anniversaries and birthdays, all employee historical data and so much more.
  • The JustWorks platform is extremely user-friendly. Everything is built in with a seamless user experience. 9 times out of 10, if my employees are looking for something, it is right in front of them.
  • JustWorks has amazing customer service. Every member of their team is equipped to answer any questions you may have. This is super helpful when you have an immediate need and can't get a hold of your Account Manager. They can look up your account, answer questions and relay the information to your Account Manager providing seamless communication.
  • JustWorks did an outstanding job walking my employees through their initial set up process. While hesitant about switching insurance carries, our Account Manager was able to answer every question we had with transparency. They even made suggestions about rolling over deductibles that had already been met and gave important information about current healthcare providers being in network.
  • JustWorks couldn't accurately track our PTO. We use an accrual system that maxes out at 88 hours. We incentivise our employees with additional PTO hours based off of goals met. The JustWorks platform allowed our employees to accrue far more PTO than what was offered. They didn't have a feature that offered a Cap and accrual.
  • When using the JustWorks reports for 401K, if not using their integrated 401K provider, the reports give you every employee regardless of whether or not they contribute. This makes it difficult when adding the contributions in separately.
  • JustWorks tracks historical data for employees. Whenever there is a salary change made, it keeps track. However, it shows a salary adjustment made on the day they are entered into JustWorks which can be very confusing. We switched from another PEO mid year and it looked like I made salary changes on the beginning date. This made it difficult to differentiate an actual salary adjustment.
JustWorks is perfect for a smaller organization that wants to provide their employees with competitive benefits. It allows the HR manager to focus more on hiring and less on administrative stuff while accurately tracking all of the important employee data. JustWorks sends reminders to the team when open enrollment is coming and keeps them up to date with other important communications.
Read Jessica Oliver, PHR's full review
Stephanie Stewart | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 28, 2018

Justworks: A Great HR Solution for Small Businesses!

We use Justworks for all of our employees to both to manage benefits, payroll, and PTO tracking. Justworks has allowed us to have a single platform for our remote work force to self manage their benefits. Justworks allowed us to offer more benefit options to employees at a reduced costs which is a huge win for a small business. Justworks also has a full team of support that is available 24/7 to answer any questions that come up with top notch customer service!
  • Amazing customer support that responds quickly to any questions
  • Competitive priced benefits
  • Nationwide benefit coverage for a dispersed and remote work force
  • More HR info in regards to compliance and resources for employees to stay in compliance (they have just started to do this with sexual harassment but more things like this would be great!)
  • Better integrations with company holidays and timesheets. They have recently updated PTO to integrate so I'm hoping that company holidays would also be a feature added.
Justworks is great for a small business with a remote work force, limited resources for HR and benefits but with the need to stay compliant and offer competitive benefits.

For larger companies I don't know that Justworks would be the best fit and it may be better to go with an all in one system that can manage multiple aspects of HR including performance, recruiting, and benefits.
Read Stephanie Stewart's full review
Nicholas Kouvatsos | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 03, 2019

Great for small companies with simple payroll

This is the payroll company and benefits administrator for our entire organization.
  • Online access to everything
  • Paycheck notifications
  • A nice calendar feature with work anniversary dates, birthdays, etc.
  • My paycheck is split up between two separate deposits. One for my base salary and one for bonuses.
  • My bonus checks are not included in my main paycheck and, therefore, are not part of my 401k deduction (which includes my employer’s match). So, since a percentage of my bonus isn’t going to my 401k, my company doesn’t match it.
It seems like it would work well for most companies with a simple pay structure. Companies with more complicated pay structures or with different pay periods may experience trouble with Justworks.
Read Nicholas Kouvatsos's full review
Michelle Kernan | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 28, 2018

Justworks works really well for us!

We use Justworks across the whole company for our payroll and benefits.
  • The benefit choices with Aetna are excellent and very easy to for our employees to choose and renew.
  • Payroll is a no-brainer, very easy to set up and manage.
  • If you ever have a problem or need to speak to someone you have a dedicated account representative or you can get a hold of someone any time. They are very responsive via email or phone.
  • Affordable, I checked out many PEOs before going with Justworks, their prices are great for the services they provide.
  • They are always adding new services and benefits.
  • I'm happy with everything so far.
The website is great, very easy to manage and for all employees to use to log in to get their pay stubs and check on their benefits.
Read Michelle Kernan's full review
Michael Ly | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 30, 2018

Scale your team with a best in class Payroll and Benefits system.

We use JustWorks to handle payroll, benefits and onboarding for all of our employees. We decided on JustWorks after growing our employee base in multiple states and wanted a scalable system that we could rely on.
  • Benefits Enrollment
  • Onboarding of new employees
  • Recommendations of additional benefits to offer
  • Shorter time period between payroll draft and payroll date
  • Better integration with QuickBooks Online
  • More insurance carriers
JustWorks is great for those managing a distributed team in multiple states or for a company does not have a central office that employees come to.
Read Michael Ly's full review

Justworks Review

Justworks is being used across the whole organization to onboard employees and manage payroll. We use Justworks to also prepare our end of year tax documentation and reporting. Justworks does a great job at managing payroll and employees across multiple states. We also use the platform to manage our health benefits, other employment benefits, onboard contractors and 1099's. It is used as the employee directory and the source for employee census. We also use it to run payroll reports that we create manual journal entries from on a monthly basis for our month end close.
  • Onboarding employees on their first day. We use Justworks to set up the employee calculate the first payroll, and perform the I9 employment verification. The process is seamless and all can be done electronically and automated which makes it very simple
  • Payroll processing. Justworks automatically calculates the payroll earnings, related taxes and withholdings and will automatically withdraw and deposit the funds. This is a seamless experience
  • Customer Service. Justworks is incredibly responsive and helpful. HR related issues can be a nightmare but Justworks make it easier and more efficient since they are always on call to answer your questions and make life easier.
  • Reporting and analytics. Justworks reporting has improved but still lacks. It would be nice to have some visualizations in a dashboard that can be reviewed and shared.
  • Human Resource consulting/advice/best practices. Justworks provides tools to create your own templates but doesnt share ideas on best practices, nor do they provide any advice, even though they co-employee your employees. For instance, TriNet will create an employee handbook that lives within the platform. Justworks allows you to create one but they dont own/manage it, which requires legal spend.
  • Applicant tracking (pre-onboarding). If justworks provided a tool to manage potential employees through the hiring process, this would create a seamless transition to onboaring.
Justworks is great for small companies that don't have a back office. Could be 5 - 10 employees or even larger. We manage 48 employees on Justworks, which has been very easy thus far. Justworks is great to get employees set up, and great to get them on-boarding with employment docs. Th fact that they manage state registration for payroll as well as tax filing and reporting make it worth the price just in that.
December 12, 2018

Great tool for small teams

We use JustWorks across our organization for salaried and contracted members. It allows us to seamlessly pay everyone in our company, offer health benefits, and they take care of 1099s at the end of the year. I also like that JustWorks has trained staff to answer my HR questions.
  • Ability to pay contractors
  • Offer health insurance to salaried employees
  • Offer workers comp insurance
  • Contractors cannot invoice for their payments directly through JustWorks.
Great for small companies (though probably good for large ones as well) who don't want to worry about being in compliance, dealing with payroll, or stressing out about selecting insurance. JustWorks makes it easy to run our company and bring in the best talent. We also love the gym discounts they offer.
November 28, 2018

Justworks - the smartest business decision we've made in the past year!

Our company uses Justworks across our whole organization! For our small tech company, it helps to alleviate the workload of having to hire a full-time HR manager for compliance, benefits management, payroll, etc., since it is all in one easy to use hub, and we have access to the awesome Justworks team!
  • Provides top notch medical benefits
  • Eliminates need to through healthcare broker
  • Easy to use interface
  • Great and easy to work with team who is on hand to answer all HR related questions
  • Free access to OneMedical which our team loves!
  • Early on, we would have loved access to a candidate management tool (such as Lever) so that we wouldn't have to invest in this tool independently.
  • An easier way to track hours and do payroll for part time or contractor employees.
I can't think of a scenario where Justworks wouldn't be a good choice for your business, no matter the size.
Jackie Bassett | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 10, 2018

Healthcare Benefits Attract Great Hires = Why We Chose Justworks!

Justworks was chosen, after reviewing far too many others. We're a globally-distributed team of extraordinarily talented professionals who all have families that depend on, and deserve the best benefits package available. It's a key reason why the best hires come to any company. We needed a streamlined, completely transparent, easy-to-use and complete HR Benefits, payroll system we could trust, grow with and that would meet our employees and their families needs.
  • Healthcare benefits at the level large companies can offer, at a price that small to mid-sized companies can afford. The cost and complexity of Healthcare insurance these days can make or break the finances of families, so to be able, as an employer, to cover that risk, helps us attract and retain great people.
  • Transparency: employees can just log-in and see directly the answers/docs they are looking for from pay stubs to employee expenses to healthcare insurance benefits without having to wait for "someone to get back to them", nor do I have to hire a team of HR people to do all of that.
  • Compliance: Like most companies these days we are a globally distributed team. In the US alone, that means 50 different states with 50 different regulations to comply with. It's an impossible job for even a team of in-house HR staff. Only software can do this
  • None that I can think of, yet. It's not an easy process to learn all the pros/cons/risks in the HC Benefits/Payroll/Compliance sector but that's why we chose Justworks.
Best-suited for companies who have well-researched what's out there because that process alone works to better educate you on what you really need before you learn the hard way. They can take in companies with as few as 2, offering them "large company" benefits at a cost you just can't get any other way.

If you've not done your homework on what you and your current/future employees are asking for, then you'll not make the right choice without a lot of trial and error, which will cost you some really good employees.
Read Jackie Bassett's full review
Matthew Goldberg | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 27, 2018

Justworks is easy-to-use and offers comprehensive features to track HR needs

My department uses Justworks for PTO tracking and salary payments. We also use the software for managing transit and health benefits. It is a one-stop shop for all of our HR needs. It is used across the organization. We migrated away from a different platform because Justworks is more user-friendly.

• A strong interface
  • Ease of use
  • Comprehensive
  • N/A
Justworks is well suited to any organization that wants an easy-to-use software for managing the HR process -- from PTO to payments to health insurance. The program is probably unnecessary for very small organizations but would make things more efficient for medium to mid-size companies with above 50 employees.
Read Matthew Goldberg's full review
March 01, 2018

Justworks is just right!

We used Justworks across the organization for payroll and benefits administration. It addresses issues with benefits, time off requests, calendar tracking, employee perks, tracking Human Resources documents, and overall Human Resources administration. It really allows me to do a broad scope of things Human Resources wise, with very little resources at my disposal.
  • They are particularly good at document organization, and access.
  • Justworks is great with outlining benefits options and being a resource for employees to contact directly, which takes a lot of pressure off of the HR Manager.
  • Justworks does a superb job streamlining PTO policy and administration.
  • Justworks makes it easy to do a little without many resources. It is a great tool for any size organization looking to leverage their resources efficiently.
  • Justworks could definitely use review functions and employee progress tracking.
  • They could definitely benefit from having more of 401k options/partners.
  • I would like to see better integration with user systems; for example: syncing with Outlook or iCal once an employee PTO is approved, so it goes right to the company calendar without requiring manual check/addition to the calendar.
Realistically, I think Justworks can be useful in many scenarios. First and foremost it is great for basic payroll, benefits administration, standard requests, and Human Resources documentation, but lacks in other human resource application areas like performance tracking, interoffice communication, and otherwise. Although there are opportunities for this integration, and I believe they are working on performance tracking.

Pay calculation (11)
9.7
Support for external payroll vendors (3)
10.0
Benefit plan administration (15)
9.7
Direct deposit files (16)
9.7
Salary revision and increment management (10)
Reimbursement management (7)