- Prompt and detailed answers in case of questions
- Effective and immediate assistance (online or by phone) at any time during business hours
- Understanding of Newron's needs and relevant support in case of doubts (please don't forget we are an Italian company that manages its US employees from Italy through TriNet and, sometimes, the HR legislation/regulation aspects in the US require some more understanding of how it works there.) TriNet is always prepared to help and clarify.
- Frankly speaking, I have no special areas to highlight where TriNet should improve their services to Newron. I am 100% satisfied with their performance: they effectively and efficiently provide us with what we need. I know that TriNet provides other types of service that we don't need and maybe there is something to improve there but this is not our case
- Customer Support is my number one priority. When I need answers, I need answers. TriNet provides me with a support team that are not only knowledgeable and respond in a timely manner, but are fun to work with and are dedicated to making my life easier.
- TriNet offers support with compliance to make sure that I am up to date with all the laws and regulations. Since we have employees located all over the country, they make it easy for me to review the information I need to make sure I am in compliance with all of the state laws.
- Onboarding and payroll administration are a snap to complete. TriNet's on-line system is easy to use and offers a full array of resources for employees, managers and HR. Their online benefits enrollment process, whether it be new hire or open enrollment, is streamlined and easy for employees to change benefit information without having to go through HR. All of this frees up my time to spend on other responsibilities.
- TriNet's Reports module is extensive and hits all my needs, all our accounting departments needs and all our management teams needs. From birthday lists to 401k info to job costing to - take it from me its comprehensive. And if I can't find exactly what I need, I can develop my own report.
- The only feature that I would like to see improved is a connection between their time and attendance module and their payroll module. Although both systems are easy to use and I have my process down to a science, it would be nice if I didn't have to export the data from T&A and import it into payroll.
- Customer service. We have dealt with at least five different customer service representatives from the company over the years and they've all been excellent in addressing our problems fully and quickly.
- Dealing with insurance companies. In all the years I've worked with TriNet I've never had to call our health insurance providers and have always had any problems successfully resolved.
- Payroll. TriNet is on top of all the latest regulations regarding taxes and every other payroll consideration.
- My only complaint at all about TriNet is that I think their web portal could be more user-friendly but I even feel as if they've been trying to address that consideration in the past couple of years.
- Offers competitive benefits.
- Manages and communicates changes to state policies.
- Provides great customer service.
- Website functionalities - I recognize that much of the website is undergoing changes or recently changed, but ensuring a quality product is functional before it is released is highly desirable.
- Training opportunities - I enjoy the web series, I would like a little more notice of upcoming events as my calendar fills up quickly and there are often topics I would like to attend. However, the signing up and then having access to the webinar is great.
- This past year we encountered some challenges from a former employee who filed a complaint against the organization - navigating the various roles when responding to complaints, etc. wasn't clear. More information, including decision points, would be very welcomed. I hope most don't need this information, but when it is needed it is often needed very quickly and there may be a tremendous amount of stress involved.
- TriNet is extremely good at making sure support staff is available and knowledgeable.
- TriNet has kept our health insurance rates down.
- TriNet does a great job with open enrollment.
- Employee deductions for items out of the norm are a difficult task. We just try to handle these outside of payroll.
- The time and attendance module can be a huge problem. Do not use it if you must have accurate information at all times.
- Being able to complete payroll ahead of time and having Trinet grab the information on the date it is due is a great tool. Being a small company sometimes it is difficult to process on the exact day.
- Having access to our representative to answer HR questions so I do not need to continuously go to updated classes is also valuble.
- Having the employees have access to online check-stubes and W2 for the entire time they have worked for the company is a benefit.
- Notices in advance for open enrollment is a benefit for all employees.
- In almost all cases the response for questions asked and things needed has been quick.
- I have to deal with management from another state that is one of our investors and at times the questions or items they needed were not able to be answered through Trinet but I do not believe this was Trinet's fault.
- My consultant/representative is wonderful and very quick to respond and helpful.
- We have a dedicated Rep, who is very responsive to our requests and questions.
- Since about half of our associates work from home in other states, TriNet has an entire team that handles those payroll taxes for all of the States.
- The savings that we experience with TriNet's buying power for our benefits is unbeatable.
- We would love to see them expand some of the reporting features.
- We wish the fees for unplanned transactions was not so high. It's not always possible to have everything in the system by a deadline, and we get hit with fees for anything that's not scheduled.
- We wish we had more input as to our open enrollment date. We do not get to choose this.
- Provides a robust benefit package for our employees
- Has a nationwide operation
- Has designated client service personnel
- The systems are adequate, not great.
- Client personnel are constantly changing. We are on our third representative in 26 months.
- Initial implementation was good, but we found out later that things were missed.
- Large variety in mix of health benefits offering nationwide
- Nationwide Human Capital services and support
- Online web portal functionality and support (HR Passport)
- Lack of communication and interaction from TriNet senior executives with their client. Communication and interaction is non-existant unless you are a member of TriNet's CAB.
- Raising health benefits costs (medical) year after year with no communication or interaction from senior management. Designated TriNet HCC are just delivering the message with no insight from higher management. We will be forced to look for other PEOs if the medical costs / annual premiums continue at the same high rates.
- Customer Service - I am able to get someone online or on the phone when I need them.
- Compliance - we have never had an issue with payroll tax or other employment compliance issue.
- Ease of Use - the default payroll option makes regular payroll cycles very easy.
- Reporting - While the reports contain the relevant information, they are awkward to pull from the website (especially in PDF). It takes a lot of clicks and scrolling to get a single report.
- Website navigation - it may be that I do not spend very much time on the site, but the website does not seem intuitive to me and I find myself "exploring" a lot before I find the screen I want.
- Very easy to manage payroll thru TriNet. Our company is heavy variable payout and TriNet handles salary, variable comp, and time off payroll process smoothly.
- TriNet makes is it easy to request and track out of office time across the organization.
- The TriNet system is quite slow from a system performance perspective. Wish it was much faster from a response perspective.
- At times, it is difficult to get phone assistance from TriNet. Would like better response times.
- Excellent benefit offerings and packages.
- Good online portal for management and users.
- Direct access for management and users to a dedicated account rep.
- Expensive, but you get what you pay for.
- We've seen a high turnover in our dedicated account representative leading to a somewhat less than desirable continuity.
- The reporting can be tough for management.
- Human Resources compliance questions.
- Integration of PTO tracking with payroll.
- Benefit offerings.
- It might be nice if their were the ability to open a chat window with someone on the TriNet website if I had a quick question.
- Their customer service is outstanding - they are always there to help and they are fast at getting you the help you might need.
- I think the website for TriNet is very easy to use. I do not see any room for improvement right now.
It is used in the HR and Finance departments.
I want to especially thank Jennifer Gordon, my contact at TriNet, for always being highly professional and available.
- Timely notices
- Good benefits options
- Accurate processing of data
- Good customer service
- They fixed the area I had the most complaints with which was reporting. It was dreadful, but in recent months have really improved this.
- Payroll processing including bonus, commissions, HSA and 401k deductions
- Benefits administration - plan offering, enrollment, eligibility
- Customer service and support of any question and/or issue that could arise
- The old website design was more intuitive to use.
- Benefits - TriNet offers a very broad array of employee benefits including health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401-K, and supplemental coverages. The cost per employee is effective and much better than a company of our small size could obtain on our own.
- Manages continuation of benefits for employees leaving the company.
- Handles payroll and various state reporting requirements. We have locations in several states and having TriNet manage the state reporting requirements assures it is done properly. When problems arise, TriNet's expert team swings into action and rectifies them.
- Employee discounts is an area that TriNet could improve. They offer thru TriNet marketplace discounts on purchases such as hotels, car rentals, travel. However, the discounts are very small and we have often been able to do better on our own. We suggest that TriNet better use its combined purchasing power to negotiate discounts on travel (hotel, car rental, airlines) more akin to those realized by large corporations.
- Issues with health benefits: TriNet has an employee customer service number but they often just defer to the insurance carrier. TriNet should be more proactive in advocating for the employee with the insurance carriers.
- TriNet continually updates its web portal, making the user experience (admin and staff) that much more friendly.
- We have been through a few client service representatives. Each one was not only extremely well-versed on how to use the site, but all were very pleasant and willing to go the extra mile to help in any way, shape or form.
- At least to date, the reports and forms available in the system satisfy all our needs.
- When new, tested, bug-free features are installed it would be helpful to get an email calling attention to them.
- Personal Rep for all manager and employee questions.
- Benefit negotiation keeps costs down and a good assortment of choices for an employer to choose from.
- Great that all the payroll Federal/State filings are done by TriNet as we have staff outside of our HQ area and each state has different requirements.
- Online system is very good with intuitive use and most answers to questions from staff can be found on the site.
- Would be nice to be able to generate ad hoc reports more easily - the my reports section isn't easy to work with.
- More HR back-up resources and training - although some new features have helped with this.
- It is confusing that there is a small TriNet employee handbook online as we have ours and we already include all of the TriNet information there.
For bigger offices the payroll functionality online may be good but I would think in house HR is better.
- Speedy response time when questions arise. They also know the answers or can readily get them for you asap
- Excellent choices and competitive pricing on benefits. This is key to attracting top talent as a small company.
- Website has been revamped and is now more user friendly.
- Update your CRM system. I have had two sales reps call on me - I have to remind them I am already a customer!
- Payroll is done well and the associate we work with is helpful when there are problems.
- Healthcare plan is robust and top of the line.
- We have a 401(k) that we manage and payroll at TriNet makes it easy to manage.
- Payroll turnaround is too tight.
- Medical plan is in NY and we live in California where the laws are more in our favor. It is hard to appeal claims in NY.
- Costs continue to go up and I think they need to offer lesser plans for less money to be able to continue using their plans.
- Client services is outstanding. When I call with questions, more times than not, they are able to respond without any follow-calls.
- The TriNet website has all the information I need for both our firm and myself. I can login and see my earnings and benefits.
- Reporting for taxes is easy to maneuver.
- We had one principal living in CA and the other principal living in VA. When the minimum salary for benefits was raised in CA, the CA principal's wages were raised, but not the VA principal. We were not told this was happening.
- Implementation costs are high.
TriNet Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. The vendor aims to free SMBs from HR complexities by offering access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet empowers SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.
For more information, visit TriNet.com or follow us on Twitter.
TriNet Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TriNet Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|