https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/jh/0V/2BCKRRJTQICX.JPEGI hope my recommendations get implementedPayroll services, employment data, healthcare insurance, time cards.,Employment data collection. HR Compliance. Variety of healthcare insurance options.,Following their own processes to ensure tasks are completed accurately. Too often the processing staff is not detailed oriented and make constant mistakes as they don't follow instructions. Lower their fees. Build your own time card feature versus outsourcing that tool to another vendor.,9,8,8,Obviously having your team for payroll purposes has allowed us to reduce internal staff slightly. Having several healthcare options is a benefit to our employees. HR Passport is a good tool to keep employee data current. HR compliance in multiple states is helpful.,TriNet really helped make our small nonprofit betterTriNet is used across the whole organization, which is relatively small. The small staff of our nonprofit rely on TriNet services for the majority of the things a large corporation uses their Human Resources Department for including benefit provider selection/management, payroll processing, compliance, reporting, and more. TriNet provides easy to use tools for management and staff users and saves time and resources so we can focus on the organization's mission.,TriNet provides a wide range of topnotch benefit providers - medical, dental, vision, insurance, legal services, etc. - for the organization to choose from and present to staff. TriNet client services is fast, responsive and knowledgeable when you contact them with questions about the marketplace, options, or how to navigate the online portal as an administrator or employee user. TriNet onboarding was so easy and quick. The account team at TriNet explains the process, walks you through each step, and asks and answers questions to customize your benefits and processes to meet your organization's needs. TriNet reports are plentiful and easy to access. These can be printed, downloaded or emailed, which makes working with remote support services like a bookkeeper or accountant so simple.,The only element of TriNet services that sometimes is problematic is the time it takes to connect to the reporting services in terms of generating reports. I occasionally get 'timed-out'.,10,10,10,TriNet has definitely reduced the amount of time that administrators spend on tasks like new hire paperwork and setting up new hires for self-service. TriNet has enabled easier reporting and communications with external services like offsite bookkeepers, accountants, and auditors because we can give them direct access to payroll reports and other information.,Paychex Accounting Online and QuickBooks ProFirst year use by long time CFOWhole organization for payroll, medical benefits, and HR.,Medical Insurance - as a smaller company with 15 employees we cannot command any pricing power in the health insurance market. TriNet makes it possible for us to offer better plans at a lower premium because we are part of a large group. Online communication with employees: From day 1 the employee gets direct contact with TriNet online and can handle most of their own issue. In a tech company like ours, that is expected by the younger employees (really most employees). HR checklist: When an employee is hired TriNet forces us to gather I-9 data, social security number, address, contact info etc. from day one. Nothing is left open.,The service is a bit expensive but that is relative to what it would cost us to do the things in-house or with another vendor. The reporting is OK but traditionally CFOs like easy access to YTD payroll registers to tie out wages. TriNet does not give us access to the quarterly Federal and State filings (941s) because that is done as part of a larger group. In some cases the reporting could be a bit easier to understand. In the menu now there are about 18 choices and not all of them are used or useful. They should take a hard look at who uses what on a regular basis and narrow down the choices to prevent information overload.,9,10,9,Takes the place of a part time HR person. Much more efficient to hire and terminate employees and to maintain HR compliance which is especially important in California. We do not use it for recruiting but maybe we should look into that feature.,Paychex Accounting OnlineIt is always an easy job when you have only nice things to sayTriNet is being used to manage all payroll needs of the Newron group with respect to our US affiliate Newron Pharmaceuticals US, Inc. Since the parent company (Newron Pharmaceuticals S.p.A.) is based in Italy, the support provided by TriNet in the USA is crucial in order to conveniently manage HR needs in that country, in particular with regard to salaries, bonuses, benefit plans and retirement plans.,Prompt and detailed answers in case of questions Effective and immediate assistance (online or by phone) at any time during business hours Understanding of Newron's needs and relevant support in case of doubts (please don't forget we are an Italian company that manages its US employees from Italy through TriNet and, sometimes, the HR legislation/regulation aspects in the US require some more understanding of how it works there.) TriNet is always prepared to help and clarify.,Frankly speaking, I have no special areas to highlight where TriNet should improve their services to Newron. I am 100% satisfied with their performance: they effectively and efficiently provide us with what we need. I know that TriNet provides other types of service that we don't need and maybe there is something to improve there but this is not our case,10,10,10,It depends on the way your question is interpreted. Our use of TriNet is mainly addressed to payroll management questions in the US so, if we agree that an effective job in that respect is crucial for company business objectives, my answer would be yes, TriNet has always had a very positive impact on our business objectives. Obviously, this is just a component of the broader HR management range of issues that a company has to deal with but this would imply a larger use of TriNet's services that we don't need.,TriNet is a True PartnerOur organization utilizes TriNet across the whole company. TriNet provides us with everything we need: an on-line HRIS system that is user-friendly for both HR and the employees, a cost effective benefit program, payroll administration and even a time and attendance solution. I work with the best customer support team I have ever experienced and can rely on them for great advice and guidance on issues that come up in a timely manner.,Customer Support is my number one priority. When I need answers, I need answers. TriNet provides me with a support team that are not only knowledgeable and respond in a timely manner, but are fun to work with and are dedicated to making my life easier. TriNet offers support with compliance to make sure that I am up to date with all the laws and regulations. Since we have employees located all over the country, they make it easy for me to review the information I need to make sure I am in compliance with all of the state laws. Onboarding and payroll administration are a snap to complete. TriNet's on-line system is easy to use and offers a full array of resources for employees, managers and HR. Their online benefits enrollment process, whether it be new hire or open enrollment, is streamlined and easy for employees to change benefit information without having to go through HR. All of this frees up my time to spend on other responsibilities. TriNet's Reports module is extensive and hits all my needs, all our accounting departments needs and all our management teams needs. From birthday lists to 401k info to job costing to - take it from me its comprehensive. And if I can't find exactly what I need, I can develop my own report.,The only feature that I would like to see improved is a connection between their time and attendance module and their payroll module. Although both systems are easy to use and I have my process down to a science, it would be nice if I didn't have to export the data from T&A and import it into payroll.,10,10,10,TriNet's benefit solutions help us to recruit and retain our employees. TriNet's compliance solutions has helped the organization stay in-line with all the different state laws and regulations since we hire employees from all over the country.
TriNet

TriNet Reviews

TriNet
Top Rated Award
Filter 496 vetted TriNet reviews and ratings
Jeff Borgerding profile photo
October 30, 2018

TriNet Review: "I hope my recommendations get implemented"

Payroll services, employment data, healthcare insurance, time cards.
  • Employment data collection. HR Compliance.
  • Variety of healthcare insurance options.
  • Following their own processes to ensure tasks are completed accurately. Too often the processing staff is not detailed oriented and make constant mistakes as they don't follow instructions.
  • Lower their fees.
  • Build your own time card feature versus outsourcing that tool to another vendor.
Overall TriNet provides a good solution, but is expensive. Their technology could improve as well. They released a new HRPassport site, and it was obvious they didn't test it well as there were several obvious defects. Certain features don't work as well as the old site.
Read Jeff Borgerding's full review
Kevin Kosik profile photo
September 28, 2018

Review: "TriNet really helped make our small nonprofit better"

• TriNet provides a wide range of topnotch benefit providers - medical, dental, vision, insurance, legal services, etc. - for the organization to choose from and present to staff.
  • TriNet client services is fast, responsive and knowledgeable when you contact them with questions about the marketplace, options, or how to navigate the online portal as an administrator or employee user.
  • TriNet onboarding was so easy and quick. The account team at TriNet explains the process, walks you through each step, and asks and answers questions to customize your benefits and processes to meet your organization's needs.
  • TriNet reports are plentiful and easy to access. These can be printed, downloaded or emailed, which makes working with remote support services like a bookkeeper or accountant so simple.
  • The only element of TriNet services that sometimes is problematic is the time it takes to connect to the reporting services in terms of generating reports. I occasionally get 'timed-out'.
If you are a small organization and administrative and financial staff are already strapped, TriNet makes generating reports and/or servicing employee issues so simple. The self-service aspect for employees is really a time-saver for administrators. Payroll processing - entering timesheets, generating pay stubs, reporting, etc. - is also straightforward and can be done in advance as opposed to only during a very short window of time like some payroll processing services.
Read Kevin Kosik's full review
Walter Tendler profile photo
September 21, 2018

TriNet Review: "First year use by long time CFO"

Whole organization for payroll, medical benefits, and HR.
  • Medical Insurance - as a smaller company with 15 employees we cannot command any pricing power in the health insurance market. TriNet makes it possible for us to offer better plans at a lower premium because we are part of a large group.
  • Online communication with employees: From day 1 the employee gets direct contact with TriNet online and can handle most of their own issue. In a tech company like ours, that is expected by the younger employees (really most employees).
  • HR checklist: When an employee is hired TriNet forces us to gather I-9 data, social security number, address, contact info etc. from day one. Nothing is left open.
  • The service is a bit expensive but that is relative to what it would cost us to do the things in-house or with another vendor.
  • The reporting is OK but traditionally CFOs like easy access to YTD payroll registers to tie out wages. TriNet does not give us access to the quarterly Federal and State filings (941s) because that is done as part of a larger group. In some cases the reporting could be a bit easier to understand. In the menu now there are about 18 choices and not all of them are used or useful. They should take a hard look at who uses what on a regular basis and narrow down the choices to prevent information overload.
Works well for smaller early stage companies because of instant access to better benefits and online access from day one. It makes it easy to onboard a new employee. I usually work with companies that have fewer than 50 employees so I cannot speak to the use case for larger companies.
Read Walter Tendler's full review
Marco Caremi profile photo
July 27, 2018

TriNet Review: "It is always an easy job when you have only nice things to say"

• Prompt and detailed answers in case of questions
  • Effective and immediate assistance (online or by phone) at any time during business hours
  • Understanding of Newron's needs and relevant support in case of doubts (please don't forget we are an Italian company that manages its US employees from Italy through TriNet and, sometimes, the HR legislation/regulation aspects in the US require some more understanding of how it works there.) TriNet is always prepared to help and clarify.
  • Frankly speaking, I have no special areas to highlight where TriNet should improve their services to Newron. I am 100% satisfied with their performance: they effectively and efficiently provide us with what we need. I know that TriNet provides other types of service that we don't need and maybe there is something to improve there but this is not our case
Very simply said: they are perfectly consistent with our needs. Their skills in supporting Newron, even if the HQ is based on the other side of the Ocean, are just fantastic. I would strongly recommend a European company with HR needs in the US to seriously consider TriNet as their HR service provider there.
Read Marco Caremi's full review
Diane Gamez profile photo
July 26, 2018

User Review: "TriNet is a True Partner"

• Customer Support is my number one priority. When I need answers, I need answers. TriNet provides me with a support team that are not only knowledgeable and respond in a timely manner, but are fun to work with and are dedicated to making my life easier.
  • TriNet offers support with compliance to make sure that I am up to date with all the laws and regulations. Since we have employees located all over the country, they make it easy for me to review the information I need to make sure I am in compliance with all of the state laws.
  • Onboarding and payroll administration are a snap to complete. TriNet's on-line system is easy to use and offers a full array of resources for employees, managers and HR. Their online benefits enrollment process, whether it be new hire or open enrollment, is streamlined and easy for employees to change benefit information without having to go through HR. All of this frees up my time to spend on other responsibilities.
  • TriNet's Reports module is extensive and hits all my needs, all our accounting departments needs and all our management teams needs. From birthday lists to 401k info to job costing to - take it from me its comprehensive. And if I can't find exactly what I need, I can develop my own report.
  • The only feature that I would like to see improved is a connection between their time and attendance module and their payroll module. Although both systems are easy to use and I have my process down to a science, it would be nice if I didn't have to export the data from T&A and import it into payroll.
One of the main reasons we selected TriNet is because of their benefit negotiating power. Because they can negotiate on behalf of thousands of employees, their rates are the best I have ever seen...and our employees truly appreciate it.
Read Diane Gamez's full review
Phil Lee profile photo
July 26, 2018

User Review: "TriNet...you'll like it!"

TriNet is our HR department. They do payroll, provide health insurance and consult on hirings and redundancies. CityVox is quite small so it is being used across the whole organization.
  • Customer service. We have dealt with at least five different customer service representatives from the company over the years and they've all been excellent in addressing our problems fully and quickly.
  • Dealing with insurance companies. In all the years I've worked with TriNet I've never had to call our health insurance providers and have always had any problems successfully resolved.
  • Payroll. TriNet is on top of all the latest regulations regarding taxes and every other payroll consideration.
  • My only complaint at all about TriNet is that I think their web portal could be more user-friendly but I even feel as if they've been trying to address that consideration in the past couple of years.
TriNet is excellent in dealing with all HR concerns. They are a big help with health insurance, they are always available to answer any employee-related questions and I recently sold the company and there were extremely helpful in transferring the accounts from the old to the new entity.
Read Phil Lee's full review
Rebecca Coyle profile photo

"TriNet Review"

We are a small non-profit organization with employees located in multiple states. TriNet allows our organization to offer competitive benefits to all employees. Without TriNet, our options would be severely limited or non-existent. TriNet allows us to operate in multiple states, without TriNet, we would be severely burdened with keeping up with state laws, requirements and reporting.
  • Offers competitive benefits.
  • Manages and communicates changes to state policies.
  • Provides great customer service.
  • Website functionalities - I recognize that much of the website is undergoing changes or recently changed, but ensuring a quality product is functional before it is released is highly desirable.
  • Training opportunities - I enjoy the web series, I would like a little more notice of upcoming events as my calendar fills up quickly and there are often topics I would like to attend. However, the signing up and then having access to the webinar is great.
  • This past year we encountered some challenges from a former employee who filed a complaint against the organization - navigating the various roles when responding to complaints, etc. wasn't clear. More information, including decision points, would be very welcomed. I hope most don't need this information, but when it is needed it is often needed very quickly and there may be a tremendous amount of stress involved.
TriNet is great for organizations that are small or operate across multiple states. It allows our organization to hire experts in our field and not worry about whether we are keeping up with and complying with the latest policy changes.
Read Rebecca Coyle's full review
Jessica Dry, SPHR, SHRM-SCP profile photo
October 30, 2018

User Review: "You won't regret moving to TriNet!"

We use TriNet for all employees, located in the US and Canada. TriNet has enabled us to house our employees globally on one platform. We save substantially on benefits for our US based employees. We don't have to shop benefits, set up accounts in new states, purchase EPLI - the list goes on and on...
  • TriNet assigns well-versed Human Capital Consultants to each of their accounts. Their HCCs are readily available to help us through delicate employee relations issues, provide on-site training, and so much more.
  • TriNet keeps us up-to-date on ever-changing state regulations/statutes/laws.
  • We've been with TriNet for 3 years and were recently assigned our 3rd HCC. Our previous HCCs left for very legitimate reasons (none being that they were dissatisfied with TriNet), but it is an adjustment acclimating to a new HCC.
TriNet is perfect for small companies (1-150 or so) who would prefer to put dollars into growth areas rather than back office expenses.
Read Jessica Dry, SPHR, SHRM-SCP's full review
Martin Beringer profile photo
October 29, 2018

User Review: "TriNet makes our life easier!"

We use TriNet for payroll, and benefits administration across all departments for the entire company. As a small business, TriNet allows us to focus on running our business while they focus on HR and administrative responsibilities.
  • Easy and smooth payroll process.
  • Easy benefits investments strategy review on an annual basis.
  • Competitive benefits for small companies by leveraging the buying power of TriNet collectively.
  • TriNet currently meets our needs.
TriNet is well suited for smaller companies that would otherwise not have the same buying power when it comes to benefits. By leveraging TriNet, we have the best benefits for our employees.
Read Martin Beringer's full review
Frank Muller profile photo
October 24, 2018

User Review: "TriNet Was the Right Fit for SMITH"

I wanted to outsource my HR functions and provide more robust benefits options to my employees. I have employees all over the world and I needed a partner that could help me in multiple locations. TriNet was able to meet my goals and I have been very pleased with both their service and their responsiveness.
  • Keeping my company in compliance across multiple states is important for the company's reputation
  • Providing quick responses to important HR questions allows me to respond to current and potential employees
  • I appreciate the yearly review to look at ways things can be improved and to have an overall view of the services that are available
  • Would like to see some integration of time reporting with DCAA
  • More robust international offerings
For a small business like SMITH, TriNet has met my expectations. My goal was to outsource HR so that I could focus on the core needs of my business. TriNet provides the reporting and tracking needed so that I do not have to worry about compliance. As we grow there are other tools available that SMITH might consider.
Read Frank Muller's full review
Don Suva profile photo
October 24, 2018

TriNet Review: "SmallCo CFO's best friend"

Our company has 150 employees. 22 of them are located in the US in six different states. We use TriNet for these domestic employees. It prevents us from having to sign up with a WH tax/unemployment insurance account in all of these states for just one employee. In addition, our benefit funding strategy covers 100% of benefits so the savings for a group our size versus getting our own group plans through a broker is very substantial.
  • It makes the open enrollment program self-service. This is big for us because we do not have a full-time HR person.
  • The variety of plan offerings is a great benefit for us, especially for out of state employees.
  • We do not need an HR specialist or employment lawyer for making day to day decisions on how to execute on leave pay, termination flow, and annual employee agreements.
  • I do not like having to fund payroll 4 business days in advance.
  • Shorter turnaround time for submitting payroll.
  • In general, a little more flexibility around special payroll transactions
  • Savings on benefit costs by pooling.
  • Multi-state workforce.
  • Smaller company with no budget for dedicated HR professional
Read Don Suva's full review
Cassidy Ebert profile photo
October 19, 2018

TriNet Review: "Seamless and Simple"

TriNet is being used across our entire organization as the way we all manage anything relating to HR, payroll, company directories, etc. We place commuter orders through WageWorks on TriNet, we fill out time sheets, we look up departments or other employees, and we can view our payment history, 401k contributions, and more.
  • Employee Directory - easy way to search for anyone and find their name, title, email etc
  • Vacation Time - Simple to view how many hours you've accrued, for vacation, personal, sick days etc, and easy to request days off from here
  • Forms - Easy to locate forms to fill out, print and return to HR through TriNet
TriNet is great for large companies or companies with multiple offices, because it is easy to track and manage the employees and where they are located, or if they are remote. It is also good for small companies who are unable to provide full HR management, having TriNet do it for us has been helpful as well.
Read Cassidy Ebert's full review
David Buckalew, CMP profile photo
October 09, 2018

TriNet Review: "great for nationwide staffing firms"

We had issues with getting workman's comp for our employees, we operate in roughly 25 states across the US, with a varying scale of operation in each state. This made it difficult to find workman's comp or in many cases it was impossible to get for our operation. TriNet allowed us to scale quickly in size and gave us a shield of protection/coverage for worksite accidents. In addition the payroll features of TriNet take care of the challenges of human resources that out of our scope for a reasonable price.
  • Ability to be used in all 50 states.
  • Takes accounting and filing of taxes off my plate.
  • Relatively easy to use on my side.
  • It is difficult for some of our employees to navigate and understand how to onboard.
  • The need to wire funds over ACH is a real turnoff. EDIT ( this was recently changed to allow ACH transfer)
  • They did not follow through on a referral fee. EDIT ( this was a miscommunication and a different department from the sales team handles this. It was address and the referral fee is expected soon)
  • It would be easier if we could fill out some of the onboarding steps on behalf of the employees.
This is a great product for a staffing company, especially if you want to be nationwide or in multiple markets.
Read David Buckalew, CMP's full review
Bob Swinney profile photo
October 05, 2018

TriNet: "Excellent Business Partner for Critical Corporate Services"

We are a small IT professional services company and we use TriNet across the entire company for all of our payroll, benefits and HR services. This allows us to focus on our core business services without extensive need for all of these internal support services and lowers our overall cost of operation.
  • Payroll services are outstanding and 100% reliable.
  • Benefit services provides our employees with an extensive selection of benefit offerings.
  • TriNet support services is very knowledgeable and responsive.
  • No requests at this time.
Have rated a 10 due to the extensive services and reliability of these service offerings. Customer Support has been excellent and responsive when needed.
Read Bob Swinney's full review
Senta Thomas, PHR profile photo
September 28, 2018

User Review: "TriNet Is Worth a Look!"

We are using TriNet in the US for onboarding, which includes such processes such as I-9 completion, employee policies communication and employee acknowledgement of policies. Additionally, we use TriNet for benefits management , including open enrollment, FSA and HSA management. We also use the PEO for payroll management, including wage compliance, direct deposit, and taxes. Another feature utilized includes employment verification.
  • Responsive Payroll Team is available to assist with managing change efficiently.
  • Provide multiple Medical Insurance Options from which we can select.
  • Generally respond quickly to information requests and seek out answers.
  • Proactive in communicating upcoming changes to employment compliance.
  • Assist more when issues arise with the health care provider. In my recent experience, I have noticed that insurance companies are quick to deny necessary medications/procedures that were covered at another company, yet within a week of a change, the coverage no longer exists but the insurance policy is essentially the same. Although this is no fault of TriNet, as the benefits management solution, assistance with managing through this process is oftentimes needed.
  • Proactively arrange training for entering Payroll when new Payroll administrators are defined and added to the system. At minimum, send videos that can assist with stepping through the processes.
Overall, TriNet has been an effective solution to meeting our needs. Generally, when issues are brought to the attention of our Consultants/ C Representative, they are resolved quickly. However, when issues are related to medical providers, assistance with resolving is something that they are not necessarily "responsible for", but providing advice on an approach to resolution is appreciated and should be proactively offered.
Read Senta Thomas, PHR's full review
Grant Potter profile photo
September 28, 2018

User Review: "Satisfied TriNet Customer"

We use TriNet for our payroll and employee benefits for the US arm of our global company, which I run.
  • The website and interactive nature of the online services is excellent. We can do most things on the app without having to speak to an advisor.
  • The buying power of TriNet enables smaller companies like ours to obtain similar deals on things like health insurance that big companies are able to leverage.
  • The employee benefits enrollment system is slightly tricky. As one can only change benefits once a year, it makes certain things difficult.
We use it for payroll and employee benefits - I have no complaints on either front.
Read Grant Potter's full review
Cheryl Staritz profile photo
September 18, 2018

User Review: "TriNet for the Future"

We use TriNet to handle our payroll and benefits. We also use the Time & Attendance through NetTime.
  • TriNet is extremely good at making sure support staff is available and knowledgeable.
  • TriNet has kept our health insurance rates down.
  • TriNet does a great job with open enrollment.
  • Employee deductions for items out of the norm are a difficult task. We just try to handle these outside of payroll.
  • The time and attendance module can be a huge problem. Do not use it if you must have accurate information at all times.
TriNet is excellent for our company but can be very pricey for a company with just a handful of employees.
Read Cheryl Staritz's full review
Karen Cabral profile photo
September 18, 2018

User Review: "Only TriNet!"

We have been using TriNet since we started our start-up Jan Medical. For a small start-up TriNet has been a valuable asset. Having access to a large pool of insurance benefits for our group to choose from and processing payroll along with reports has been great.
  • Being able to complete payroll ahead of time and having Trinet grab the information on the date it is due is a great tool. Being a small company sometimes it is difficult to process on the exact day.
  • Having access to our representative to answer HR questions so I do not need to continuously go to updated classes is also valuble.
  • Having the employees have access to online check-stubes and W2 for the entire time they have worked for the company is a benefit.
  • Notices in advance for open enrollment is a benefit for all employees.
  • In almost all cases the response for questions asked and things needed has been quick.
  • I have to deal with management from another state that is one of our investors and at times the questions or items they needed were not able to be answered through Trinet but I do not believe this was Trinet's fault.
  • My consultant/representative is wonderful and very quick to respond and helpful.
It is a must for a small start up. Insurance, payroll, keeping track of everything is absolutely wonderful.
Read Karen Cabral's full review
Jana Cotta profile photo
September 18, 2018

Review: "Sorry folks but we have the BEST Trinet Rep, Freda Merriman!"

We use TriNet for our entire organization. It solves the issue of multi-state payroll and taxes, and provides excellent reports for accounting purposes.
  • We have a dedicated Rep, who is very responsive to our requests and questions.
  • Since about half of our associates work from home in other states, TriNet has an entire team that handles those payroll taxes for all of the States.
  • The savings that we experience with TriNet's buying power for our benefits is unbeatable.
  • We would love to see them expand some of the reporting features.
  • We wish the fees for unplanned transactions was not so high. It's not always possible to have everything in the system by a deadline, and we get hit with fees for anything that's not scheduled.
  • We wish we had more input as to our open enrollment date. We do not get to choose this.
I feel it's best suited for medium-sized companies like ours. Any company that doesn't want the expense of an entire HR department, but has complex needs, would be well suited for TriNet services.
Read Jana Cotta's full review
Taryn Howard profile photo
August 30, 2018

User Review: "TriNet - A Realistic View"

We use TriNet for all our HR related functions, specifically Payroll and Benefits.
  • Provides a robust benefit package for our employees
  • Has a nationwide operation
  • Has designated client service personnel
  • The systems are adequate, not great.
  • Client personnel are constantly changing. We are on our third representative in 26 months.
  • Initial implementation was good, but we found out later that things were missed.
I think it is good for small companies like ours. I am not sure how good it would be at handling more complex organizations.
Read Taryn Howard's full review
Michael E. Wilson profile photo
August 20, 2018

Review: "TriNet Customer for 8 years - The Good, The Bad and the Ugly."

TriNet provides all of our HR, Payroll, Workers Comp, EPL, Health Benefits, 401K as well as other PEO services. We consider TriNet as a valued part of our company and management team. Being a small company, TriNet provides benefits and services that we would not have the opportunity to otherwise.
  • Large variety in mix of health benefits offering nationwide
  • Nationwide Human Capital services and support
  • Online web portal functionality and support (HR Passport)
  • Lack of communication and interaction from TriNet senior executives with their client. Communication and interaction is non-existant unless you are a member of TriNet's CAB.
  • Raising health benefits costs (medical) year after year with no communication or interaction from senior management. Designated TriNet HCC are just delivering the message with no insight from higher management. We will be forced to look for other PEOs if the medical costs / annual premiums continue at the same high rates.
Overall services for a small employer/company are there with TriNet if willing to have no communication or interaction with senior management at TriNet. They (senior mgmt.) appear to be too focused and busy on growing the revenues rather than building and maintaining strong endearing relationships with their current client base.
Read Michael E. Wilson's full review
Meredith Turcotte profile photo
July 31, 2018

User Review: "TriNet - we are happy we tried it!"

We use Trinet as part of our payroll services for one of our accounting clients.
  • Customer Service - I am able to get someone online or on the phone when I need them.
  • Compliance - we have never had an issue with payroll tax or other employment compliance issue.
  • Ease of Use - the default payroll option makes regular payroll cycles very easy.
  • Reporting - While the reports contain the relevant information, they are awkward to pull from the website (especially in PDF). It takes a lot of clicks and scrolling to get a single report.
  • Website navigation - it may be that I do not spend very much time on the site, but the website does not seem intuitive to me and I find myself "exploring" a lot before I find the screen I want.
It is well suited for the "payroll in a box" solution to offer straightforward salaried payroll and benefits in one place. I think that, if I had a payroll that changed often (hourly or commissioned employees) I would find the interface less appealing.
Read Meredith Turcotte's full review
Robb Miller profile photo
July 26, 2018

TriNet: "Overall Positive Review with a Few Concerns"

TriNet is being used across our organization. We primarily use it manage payroll, out of office time, and HR programs.
  • Very easy to manage payroll thru TriNet. Our company is heavy variable payout and TriNet handles salary, variable comp, and time off payroll process smoothly.
  • TriNet makes is it easy to request and track out of office time across the organization.
  • The TriNet system is quite slow from a system performance perspective. Wish it was much faster from a response perspective.
  • At times, it is difficult to get phone assistance from TriNet. Would like better response times.
Overall, TriNet is a good partner and provides a good platform for small companies that are just getting started.
Read Robb Miller's full review
Eran Pilovsky profile photo
November 09, 2018

Review: "TriNet takes good care of my payroll and HR compliance needs."

Company wide payroll and HRIS.
  • Handles payroll accurately, serves as a system of record for employee information.
  • Takes care of my HR compliance
  • There for me to consult on HR issues
  • To more completely outsource my HR compliance & convenience needs - maintain my employee files (offer letters, PIIAs, other docs we save in personnel files). Just like Bill.com does for my AP needs (I don't need to maintain a separate vendor file for invoices).
TriNet is great. It should be evaluated against other PEOs and providers.
Read Eran Pilovsky's full review
Debra Gersten profile photo
October 29, 2018

TriNet Review: "Better benefits and service at a better price"

We use it company-wide for payroll and benefits.
  • Fast response to questions and concerns
  • Good follow-up to make sure anything new is completely understood
  • Each customer has a designated service rep
  • Those who handle HR questions need to be more knowledgeable
  • More instructions on website on how to obtain specific reports
  • Like most large companies there are too many departments. Consolidating jobs and processes is easier for the customer and makes a job more interesting for an employee.
We are a small company so we don't need the majority of services TriNet offers. Larger companies would appreciate these services more than we do. The process for the company to make the annual benefits selection is cumbersome and excessive. Giving the employees the ability to update their own information is very much appreciated.
Read Debra Gersten's full review

Employee demographic data (173)
Employment history (184)
Job profiles and administration (178)
6.3
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (223)
Organizational charting (157)
Organization and location management (157)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (209)
Pay calculation (293)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Benefit plan administration (302)
Direct deposit files (277)
Salary revision and increment management (240)
Reimbursement management (142)
Approval workflow (141)
Balance details (179)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (147)
View and generate pay and benefit information (282)
9.2
Update personal information (287)
View company policy documentation (245)
Employee recognition (77)
View job history (199)
Tracking of all physical assets (1)
Report builder (188)
6.3
Pre-built reports (227)
6.6
Ability to combine HR data with external data (104)
New hire portal (239)
Manager tracking tools (134)
6.7
Corporate goal setting (23)
Individual goal setting (26)
6.7
Line-of sight-visibility (25)
Performance tracking (25)
Performance plans (50)
Performance improvement plans (51)
Review status tracking (48)
Review reminders (50)
Multiple review frequency (3)
Candidate ranking (1)
Candidate search (19)
Candidate development (18)
Job Requisition Management (22)
Company Website Posting (1)
5.5
Publish to Social Media (17)
Job Search Site Posting (22)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (1)
Applicant Tracking (23)
Notifications and Alerts (24)

About TriNet

TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. The vendor aims to free SMBs from HR complexities by offering access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet empowers SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.

For more information, visit TriNet.com or follow us on Twitter.