https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/jh/0V/2BCKRRJTQICX.JPEGA Happy TriNet CustomerOur company uses TriNet for all our US Employees. We utilize the payroll, benefit and HR services. As a smaller company we have a PEO relationship to help manage benefit costs as well as the ever changing legal and compliance landscape of human resources in the United States. It is important to us that with employees in multiple states we are compliant to all laws and regulations and TriNet helps us do that.,Last year TriNet launched a new website and it has definitely made a difference. It is much easier to navigate the site now and find what you need both as an Admin or an Employee. TriNet also provides a suite of benefits and services that is helpful for small companies with a 1-2 person HR team.,TriNet is always open to hearing our feedback. One area that we would like to see improved is the overlap of a new hire and a pay cycle closing. We have to remember to make sure that an employee gets paid via a special payroll if they started after a pay cycle has already closed.,9,9,9,Positive impact has been around ensuring compliance in multiple states as well as definitely reducing time on administrative tasks.,ADP TotalSource and Paychex FlexTriNet works for CivicActions!We are a completely distributed professional services company with employees in about 20 states. This is a very generous company and we pay 100% of medical and related benefits for our employees and their dependents. As we started growing, the two issues we could easily see spiraling out of control were compliance and costs. We interviewed several PEOs and ultimately decided on TriNet because the medical, etc. insurances were nationwide and there were significant savings on our premiums. As far as compliance, it's hard enough to keep up on requirements in one state, never mind multiple. It would have been impossible. It was difficult at first. As a co-employer, TriNet had requirements of their own which were not a perfect fit with our culture. Adjustments on both sides were required and now things seem to be going smoothly. The people I work with always respond promptly to my questions and help me out when I've made an error. I have little experience with TriNet support but rarely am informed of a problem experienced by one of our team. We have come to rely on TriNet heavily in several areas.,It's difficult because they take care of so many things I never see, e.g., tracking taxes for people in so many different states The customer facing people are very responsive They have considerable expertise with immigration, including providing excellent legal representation.,The beta site was released prematurely and by the time I was forced to use it, I had very low expectations. I like it very much now. It's difficult to find somethings on the new platform for the administrator. Not sure about individuals because I don't go to my own very often. For example, finding where retirement information goes. A case of you can't find it unless you've been there before.,9,9,7,The HR compliance is the big one. Having that on TriNet's plate frees up everyone. We had a payroll service before but I still had to calculate payroll and report it to the service. Having TriNet do payroll is sort of magic.,TriNet is almost perfectTriNet is used as the payroll/HRIS system at the company I am consulting for. The main issue is that it doesn't have the capability to onboard international employees, so SuitePeople must be used alongside as the "voice of truth" for company-wide demographics,The platform is easy to use -- employees rarely have questions about where to find personal documents. It limits the time HR has to train or retrain employees. Customer service -- fairly easy to get responses when we have a question or concern about an issue. Advise on legal issues -- limits the time we need to bring our employment lawyers in for LOA and FMLA cases. Nice to have another opinion if we do.,The capability to pull international employees in. A chat window on trinet.com to get help during the day for quick questions.,8,9,8,The ability to deal with LOA/Short and Long term disability. TriNet helps with benefits questions -- we don't have to deal with specific questions around medical plans Allows employees a lot of flexibility to make changes,ADP Health Compliance, Zenefits and Deloitte ConsultingTriNet supplies a full range of products and services to accomodate all size companies.We specifically use Trinet for payroll and benefits. The Health Benefits and the additional items such as Vision, Dental and the option to start a 401K were important factors as to why we chose Trinet. As a small company, it is hard to find Health Benefits at reasonable prices. We also like the one-stop shopping aspect.,Trinet has a great accessible online product. I like the fact that I can enter my own information to onboard employees, process payroll and be able to access all aspects of it at any time. Trinet assigns you a representative that can answer any and all of your questions and our representative has always been accessible and if not she calls you right back. You do not get switched around to multiple people for different questions. Trinet offers an array of products for your employees as well as workers compensation for the company. Being able to manage all of these products along with payroll is a huge plus for us.,Choosing benefits each year for our company is a bit confusing the way you have to go about it. I would like to see a more streamlined solution. Reports for upcoming payroll cannot be accessed until after the pay date. I would like to have the invoice and the backup reports accessible once you have finalized payroll so when I receive the email on how much you will deduct from our account I can also see the backup to assure everything is correct.,9,10,9,TriNet has had a positive impact on the amount of administrative time spent handling payroll, taxes, benefits and workers comp. The employees are happy with their choices in benefits and when the employees are happy, we are happy.,TriNet - Best in Class PEOTriNet is our trusted business advisor for payroll and HR and provides all of your payroll and HR support services including benefits administration.,TriNet has a very strong HR function. TriNet's website makes benefits open enrollment easier for our employees. TriNet's HR contact has deep expertise to handle complex HR issues.,TriNet's reporting tools need to be easier to use. TriNet's benefit/costs need to be more competitive. Their HR contact is great, but their customer service reps need more training and experience.,10,7,8,TriNet provides HR compliance that would be cost prohibitive and complex to do internally. TriNet provides Fortune 500 level benefits packages that otherwise would be unavailable to small companies. TriNet is the employer of record for payroll.,,25,1,Payroll processing Benefits administration HR policies,TriNet gives us flexibility in hiring Canadian citizens TriNet offers a variety of benefit packages TriNet helps us manage our workers comp costs,Performance management Training Additional HR support,10,Webex Meetings, Microsoft 365 Business, Skype for Business (formerly Lync),No,Price Product Features Product Usability,A more detailed review of how payroll taxes are handled as it varies by PEO,Implemented in-house,No,Change management was minimal,Standard change/understand of a new system and process Ability to get reports Training employees,10,No,Yes,Yes, TriNet has on numerous occasions provided outstanding HR support to handle challenging employee issues,Benefits enrollment Payroll entry Overall functionality,Custom reporting Some canned reports Finding training results,Yes
TriNet

TriNet Reviews

TriNet
TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 559 vetted TriNet reviews and ratings

Kari Kidwell profile photo
January 29, 2019

User Review: "A Happy TriNet Customer"

• Last year TriNet launched a new website and it has definitely made a difference. It is much easier to navigate the site now and find what you need both as an Admin or an Employee.
  • TriNet also provides a suite of benefits and services that is helpful for small companies with a 1-2 person HR team.
  • TriNet is always open to hearing our feedback. One area that we would like to see improved is the overlap of a new hire and a pay cycle closing. We have to remember to make sure that an employee gets paid via a special payroll if they started after a pay cycle has already closed.
As I mentioned before, I think that TriNet provides a number of benefits to small companies who want to be as competitive with large companies as they can. Better benefits for small companies through the PEO relationship, compliance support for companies with employees in multiple states, an advisor to ensure compliance around hiring and firing and an endless number of reports.
Read Kari Kidwell's full review
Judy Raiten profile photo
January 29, 2019

User Review: "TriNet works for CivicActions!"

• It's difficult because they take care of so many things I never see, e.g., tracking taxes for people in so many different states
  • The customer facing people are very responsive
  • They have considerable expertise with immigration, including providing excellent legal representation.
  • The beta site was released prematurely and by the time I was forced to use it, I had very low expectations. I like it very much now.
  • It's difficult to find somethings on the new platform for the administrator. Not sure about individuals because I don't go to my own very often. For example, finding where retirement information goes. A case of you can't find it unless you've been there before.
It's perfect for a company that is too small to have departments for every function. I can't remember how many employees we had when we started with TriNet - I think about 40. We are 60 now. I anticipate TriNet fulfilling more and more of our needs as we continue to grow.
Read Judy Raiten's full review
Chrissy Rothschild Roberts profile photo
March 01, 2019

User Review: "TriNet is almost perfect"

• The platform is easy to use -- employees rarely have questions about where to find personal documents. It limits the time HR has to train or retrain employees.
  • Customer service -- fairly easy to get responses when we have a question or concern about an issue.
  • Advise on legal issues -- limits the time we need to bring our employment lawyers in for LOA and FMLA cases. Nice to have another opinion if we do.
  • The capability to pull international employees in.
  • A chat window on trinet.com to get help during the day for quick questions.
For small to medium-size companies in the US, it is perfect. For companies with large international presence, it may be cumbersome to use two systems.
Read Chrissy Rothschild Roberts's full review
Paulette Andre profile photo
March 01, 2019

Review: "TriNet supplies a full range of products and services to accomodate all size companies."

• Trinet has a great accessible online product. I like the fact that I can enter my own information to onboard employees, process payroll and be able to access all aspects of it at any time.
  • Trinet assigns you a representative that can answer any and all of your questions and our representative has always been accessible and if not she calls you right back. You do not get switched around to multiple people for different questions.
  • Trinet offers an array of products for your employees as well as workers compensation for the company. Being able to manage all of these products along with payroll is a huge plus for us.
  • Choosing benefits each year for our company is a bit confusing the way you have to go about it. I would like to see a more streamlined solution.
  • Reports for upcoming payroll cannot be accessed until after the pay date. I would like to have the invoice and the backup reports accessible once you have finalized payroll so when I receive the email on how much you will deduct from our account I can also see the backup to assure everything is correct.
Just because of cost, I think Trinet is better suited to the medium to larger companies. For a small company the per person per payroll cost is quite significant. As a smaller company we do not use any of the human resource side but we obviously pay for that in the per person per payroll cost. But because as a smaller company we are able to get a decent cost on Health insurance per employee we are managing to cover the cost of the per person per payroll fee currently.
Read Paulette Andre's full review
David White profile photo
March 01, 2019

User Review: "TriNet - Best in Class PEO"

• TriNet has a very strong HR function.
  • TriNet's website makes benefits open enrollment easier for our employees.
  • TriNet's HR contact has deep expertise to handle complex HR issues.
  • TriNet's reporting tools need to be easier to use.
  • TriNet's benefit/costs need to be more competitive.
  • Their HR contact is great, but their customer service reps need more training and experience.
TriNet provides a higher level of service than it's competitors.
Read David White's full review
Gary Hart profile photo
March 01, 2019

Review: "Mostly positive and some negative experience with TriNet"

TriNet is being used by our small company (2 employees total) primarily for access to health insurance. It is cheaper for us to receive health insurance through TriNet than through the healthcare exchange. Also, we receive better health insurance going through TriNet than the healthcare exchange. The healthcare exchange in Arizona only gave us one insurance company to choose from.
  • Providing very good health insurance.
  • Fast response to support questions.
  • Lots of reporting options.
  • Difficult/complicated to manage payroll/W2 reporting in boxes.
  • Expensive for a very small company.
  • Did not make it clear to me that I had to change/manage payroll/W2 reporting in boxes. I sent emails but nothing was revised.
Read Gary Hart's full review
Brooke Furey, SHRM-CP profile photo
February 28, 2019

User Review: "HR needs a PEO and that PEO is TriNet."

TriNet is being used as our HRIS and Payroll system. The biggest help is having benefits being part of the PEO experience.
  • The TriNet portal makes it easy for HR to enter their own employee life cycle changes.
  • TriNet helps with the open enrollment process and coming onsite to educate employees regarding benefits.
  • Although I am an experienced HR professional myself, it always helps to have someone else in HR to consult with before making certain employee decisions about discipline or termination. It helps to have someone to talk to before moving forward to ensure we are in alignment and making the best decision.
  • I would like to see more user guides for the HR Administrators.
  • I think open enrollment could be better if TriNet generated a menu of the benefit plans for easier comparison every year and not just upon initial setup/implementation.
  • Mobile App for Performance Management
Overall, I am happy with TriNet and would recommend to a colleague. Seeing the things I recommended on the cons list implemented would have me increase my rating to a ten.
Read Brooke Furey, SHRM-CP's full review
Jeff Borgerding profile photo
October 30, 2018

TriNet Review: "I hope my recommendations get implemented"

Payroll services, employment data, healthcare insurance, time cards.
  • Employment data collection. HR Compliance.
  • Variety of healthcare insurance options.
  • Following their own processes to ensure tasks are completed accurately. Too often the processing staff is not detailed oriented and make constant mistakes as they don't follow instructions.
  • Lower their fees.
  • Build your own time card feature versus outsourcing that tool to another vendor.
Overall TriNet provides a good solution, but is expensive. Their technology could improve as well. They released a new HRPassport site, and it was obvious they didn't test it well as there were several obvious defects. Certain features don't work as well as the old site.
Read Jeff Borgerding's full review
thomas pepper profile photo
February 22, 2019

"TriNet Review"

All human resources and payroll [functions] are managed with TriNet.
  • Payroll processing is very easy.
  • On-boarding a new employee is very straightforward and the TriNet process makes sure everything is completed timely.
  • It is easy to reach somebody at TriNet when I have a question or need assistance.
  • When Monday is a holiday, I have to enter payroll hours before people have clocked out on Friday. I understand the timeline is compressed but I would like to be able to enter payroll at end of day Friday or over the weekend.
  • We use an insurance product presented to us by TriNet (OptiMed) and, for some reason, TriNet does not administer that product; I have to manage it.
We switched to TriNet from another PEO and I am very pleased. We are saving money and getting better service.
Read thomas pepper's full review
John Costelli profile photo
February 21, 2019

User Review: "TriNet to the rescue!"

We are using TriNet for payroll and benefits across my whole company. As a small company, it was difficult to manage payroll and employee benefits internally. Trinet had the solution to this in one simple platform, and it basically pays for itself in the savings we get from the group health insurance.
  • Easy to use payroll processing via the TriNet portal.
  • Great service, we are assigned an HR person to handle all of our employee inquiries.
  • The platform is a one-stop shop for all employee questions about payroll and benefits, which saves me a ton of time over trying to do it all internally.
  • Sometimes navigation around the site, or finding particular reports, is a bit cumbersome.
For a small company like mine, healthcare costs became a major expense. Trinet was able to provide great rates and coverage for my employees for far less cost than before. The fact that they also handle the payroll is icing on the cake. The service TriNet provides literally pays for itself through the group healthcare savings alone. Using TriNet is a no brainer for any company who is having a difficult time managing payroll AND providing health insurance to its employees.
Read John Costelli's full review
Jana Cotta profile photo
February 14, 2019

Review: "Sorry folks but we have the BEST Trinet Rep, Freda Merriman!"

We use TriNet for our entire organization. It solves the issue of multi-state payroll and taxes, and provides excellent reports for accounting purposes.
  • We have a dedicated Rep, who is very responsive to our requests and questions.
  • Since about half of our associates work from home in other states, TriNet has an entire team that handles those payroll taxes for all of the States.
  • The savings that we experience with TriNet's buying power for our benefits is unbeatable.
  • We would love to see them expand some of the reporting features.
  • We wish the fees for unplanned transactions was not so high. It's not always possible to have everything in the system by a deadline, and we get hit with fees for anything that's not scheduled.
  • We wish we had more input as to our open enrollment date. We do not get to choose this.
I feel it's best suited for medium-sized companies like ours. Any company that doesn't want the expense of an entire HR department, but has complex needs, would be well suited for TriNet services.
Read Jana Cotta's full review
Genevieve Brown, SPHR profile photo
January 29, 2019

Review: "TriNet is a good investment for a company that doesn't know how to create or manage benefits, payroll, and the legal aspects attached."

Our entire organization uses TriNet to access our Employee Policies, Holidays, view paystubs, request time-off, elect benefits, update their mailing address, and fill out tax forms.
  • Mobile app is useful for my employees to see their paystubs.
  • I like my 2 designated TriNet reps to help me (HR Dir) when needed (with employee status changes or more complicated issues like drafting a separation agreement for me).
  • The benefit rates for employees are very competitive since TriNet's population is so vast (my company is in a co-employer relationship with TriNet; PEO, professional employer organization. A bigger pool results in lower overall premiums.
  • The system should make "rehire" available. Currently any re-hire has to be completely re-entered, manually, as if they were a new hire. I really wish "re-hire" was a function; even if it just captured basic data like name, address, DOB, SSN.
Because of TriNet, my company does not employ a payroll specialist -- we have TriNet. Because of TriNet, my company does not employ a benefits specialist -- we have TriNet. I am the sole HR employee and rely on TriNet for all transactional payroll & benefit needs; it frees me up to be able to contribute people strategies for my company (employee relations, performance management, employee training, organizational development, employee engagement, etc).
Read Genevieve Brown, SPHR's full review
Kevin Kosik profile photo
September 28, 2018

Review: "TriNet really helped make our small nonprofit better"

TriNet is used across the whole organization, which is relatively small. The small staff of our nonprofit rely on TriNet services for the majority of the things a large corporation uses their Human Resources Department for including benefit provider selection/management, payroll processing, compliance, reporting, and more. TriNet provides easy to use tools for management and staff users and saves time and resources so we can focus on the organization's mission.
  • TriNet provides a wide range of topnotch benefit providers - medical, dental, vision, insurance, legal services, etc. - for the organization to choose from and present to staff.
  • TriNet client services is fast, responsive and knowledgeable when you contact them with questions about the marketplace, options, or how to navigate the online portal as an administrator or employee user.
  • TriNet onboarding was so easy and quick. The account team at TriNet explains the process, walks you through each step, and asks and answers questions to customize your benefits and processes to meet your organization's needs.
  • TriNet reports are plentiful and easy to access. These can be printed, downloaded or emailed, which makes working with remote support services like a bookkeeper or accountant so simple.
  • The only element of TriNet services that sometimes is problematic is the time it takes to connect to the reporting services in terms of generating reports. I occasionally get 'timed-out'.
If you are a small organization and administrative and financial staff are already strapped, TriNet makes generating reports and/or servicing employee issues so simple. The self-service aspect for employees is really a time-saver for administrators. Payroll processing - entering timesheets, generating pay stubs, reporting, etc. - is also straightforward and can be done in advance as opposed to only during a very short window of time like some payroll processing services.
Read Kevin Kosik's full review
Walter Tendler profile photo
September 21, 2018

TriNet Review: "First year use by long time CFO"

Whole organization for payroll, medical benefits, and HR.
  • Medical Insurance - as a smaller company with 15 employees we cannot command any pricing power in the health insurance market. TriNet makes it possible for us to offer better plans at a lower premium because we are part of a large group.
  • Online communication with employees: From day 1 the employee gets direct contact with TriNet online and can handle most of their own issue. In a tech company like ours, that is expected by the younger employees (really most employees).
  • HR checklist: When an employee is hired TriNet forces us to gather I-9 data, social security number, address, contact info etc. from day one. Nothing is left open.
  • The service is a bit expensive but that is relative to what it would cost us to do the things in-house or with another vendor.
  • The reporting is OK but traditionally CFOs like easy access to YTD payroll registers to tie out wages. TriNet does not give us access to the quarterly Federal and State filings (941s) because that is done as part of a larger group. In some cases the reporting could be a bit easier to understand. In the menu now there are about 18 choices and not all of them are used or useful. They should take a hard look at who uses what on a regular basis and narrow down the choices to prevent information overload.
Works well for smaller early stage companies because of instant access to better benefits and online access from day one. It makes it easy to onboard a new employee. I usually work with companies that have fewer than 50 employees so I cannot speak to the use case for larger companies.
Read Walter Tendler's full review
Kristy Riebe profile photo
December 27, 2018

TriNet Review: "Terrible support and reports"

The whole company uses Trinet for payroll and HR. Trinet will not bend to the needs of the company. Trinet refuses to realize that in construction there are people who do not use computers. They make it difficult to hire employees if they do not have access to a computer and they make it difficult to send their W9's out. They refuse to mail the W9's unless the employee logs on to the computer when our employees never sign on except at the office when they are hired (because they make them). I would definitely not recommend them because they will not work with our needs.
  • I like the payroll specialist who prints our payroll.
  • Ability to get in touch with our payroll manager. She can be hard to get ahold of.
  • Helping a company that has employees who do not use computers.
  • When it comes to trying to do a workaround for not having computers they always place the burden on us. No workarounds are given, just make us come up with the workaround.
  • If you do a manual check they take months to enter it into the Trinet side, which means that they pay the taxes late.
I would only use Trinet if you only have employees that use computers. The fact that they will not try to work out alternative solutions makes me rate them so low.
Read Kristy Riebe's full review
Tamir Halbani profile photo
March 02, 2019

Review: "Foreign company that uses Trinet for payroll"

We use Trinet for payroll and HR services for our US subsidiary. I’m the main point of contact for our US employees and we intend to scale up in the US which is why we chose Trinet.
  • Provides a personal feel and treatment although it's a big corporation. They allocated a client support rep that speaks our language to assist with the ongoing issues and questions
  • Highly professional employees.
  • Keeps us compliant by following up to make sure we don’t miss any deadline.
  • Feels a bit expensive for our use case.
  • Changed personnel more than once since we joined the service.
As a foreign company, Trinet fits great with US payroll and compliance.
Read Tamir Halbani's full review
Meiyee Apple Tam profile photo
March 01, 2019

TriNet Review: "A part of the office"

HR questions, payroll, and insurance across the whole organization. TriNet addresses those three things.
  • Communication for questions I have, specifically on an administrative level.
  • The variety and choice of health insurance.
  • The website platform is informative and useful.
  • Maybe on the website it would be helpful for the employee to be able to know who to contact, and for what, right away instead of trying to search for it
  • The pop-ups for reports, and when I go to other pages, I don't love.
It's perfect for not having in house HR and getting better insurance rates, although it's still a little pricey.
Read Meiyee Apple Tam's full review
Jessica Dry, SPHR, SHRM-SCP profile photo
October 30, 2018

User Review: "You won't regret moving to TriNet!"

We use TriNet for all employees, located in the US and Canada. TriNet has enabled us to house our employees globally on one platform. We save substantially on benefits for our US based employees. We don't have to shop benefits, set up accounts in new states, purchase EPLI - the list goes on and on...
  • TriNet assigns well-versed Human Capital Consultants to each of their accounts. Their HCCs are readily available to help us through delicate employee relations issues, provide on-site training, and so much more.
  • TriNet keeps us up-to-date on ever-changing state regulations/statutes/laws.
  • We've been with TriNet for 3 years and were recently assigned our 3rd HCC. Our previous HCCs left for very legitimate reasons (none being that they were dissatisfied with TriNet), but it is an adjustment acclimating to a new HCC.
TriNet is perfect for small companies (1-150 or so) who would prefer to put dollars into growth areas rather than back office expenses.
Read Jessica Dry, SPHR, SHRM-SCP's full review
Martin Beringer profile photo
October 29, 2018

User Review: "TriNet makes our life easier!"

We use TriNet for payroll, and benefits administration across all departments for the entire company. As a small business, TriNet allows us to focus on running our business while they focus on HR and administrative responsibilities.
  • Easy and smooth payroll process.
  • Easy benefits investments strategy review on an annual basis.
  • Competitive benefits for small companies by leveraging the buying power of TriNet collectively.
  • TriNet currently meets our needs.
TriNet is well suited for smaller companies that would otherwise not have the same buying power when it comes to benefits. By leveraging TriNet, we have the best benefits for our employees.
Read Martin Beringer's full review
Frank Muller profile photo
October 24, 2018

User Review: "TriNet Was the Right Fit for SMITH"

I wanted to outsource my HR functions and provide more robust benefits options to my employees. I have employees all over the world and I needed a partner that could help me in multiple locations. TriNet was able to meet my goals and I have been very pleased with both their service and their responsiveness.
  • Keeping my company in compliance across multiple states is important for the company's reputation
  • Providing quick responses to important HR questions allows me to respond to current and potential employees
  • I appreciate the yearly review to look at ways things can be improved and to have an overall view of the services that are available
  • Would like to see some integration of time reporting with DCAA
  • More robust international offerings
For a small business like SMITH, TriNet has met my expectations. My goal was to outsource HR so that I could focus on the core needs of my business. TriNet provides the reporting and tracking needed so that I do not have to worry about compliance. As we grow there are other tools available that SMITH might consider.
Read Frank Muller's full review
Don Suva profile photo
October 24, 2018

TriNet Review: "SmallCo CFO's best friend"

Our company has 150 employees. 22 of them are located in the US in six different states. We use TriNet for these domestic employees. It prevents us from having to sign up with a WH tax/unemployment insurance account in all of these states for just one employee. In addition, our benefit funding strategy covers 100% of benefits so the savings for a group our size versus getting our own group plans through a broker is very substantial.
  • It makes the open enrollment program self-service. This is big for us because we do not have a full-time HR person.
  • The variety of plan offerings is a great benefit for us, especially for out of state employees.
  • We do not need an HR specialist or employment lawyer for making day to day decisions on how to execute on leave pay, termination flow, and annual employee agreements.
  • I do not like having to fund payroll 4 business days in advance.
  • Shorter turnaround time for submitting payroll.
  • In general, a little more flexibility around special payroll transactions
  • Savings on benefit costs by pooling.
  • Multi-state workforce.
  • Smaller company with no budget for dedicated HR professional
Read Don Suva's full review
Cassidy Ebert profile photo
October 19, 2018

TriNet Review: "Seamless and Simple"

TriNet is being used across our entire organization as the way we all manage anything relating to HR, payroll, company directories, etc. We place commuter orders through WageWorks on TriNet, we fill out time sheets, we look up departments or other employees, and we can view our payment history, 401k contributions, and more.
  • Employee Directory - easy way to search for anyone and find their name, title, email etc
  • Vacation Time - Simple to view how many hours you've accrued, for vacation, personal, sick days etc, and easy to request days off from here
  • Forms - Easy to locate forms to fill out, print and return to HR through TriNet
TriNet is great for large companies or companies with multiple offices, because it is easy to track and manage the employees and where they are located, or if they are remote. It is also good for small companies who are unable to provide full HR management, having TriNet do it for us has been helpful as well.
Read Cassidy Ebert's full review
David Buckalew, CMP profile photo
October 09, 2018

TriNet Review: "great for nationwide staffing firms"

We had issues with getting workman's comp for our employees, we operate in roughly 25 states across the US, with a varying scale of operation in each state. This made it difficult to find workman's comp or in many cases it was impossible to get for our operation. TriNet allowed us to scale quickly in size and gave us a shield of protection/coverage for worksite accidents. In addition the payroll features of TriNet take care of the challenges of human resources that out of our scope for a reasonable price.
  • Ability to be used in all 50 states.
  • Takes accounting and filing of taxes off my plate.
  • Relatively easy to use on my side.
  • It is difficult for some of our employees to navigate and understand how to onboard.
  • The need to wire funds over ACH is a real turnoff. EDIT ( this was recently changed to allow ACH transfer)
  • They did not follow through on a referral fee. EDIT ( this was a miscommunication and a different department from the sales team handles this. It was address and the referral fee is expected soon)
  • It would be easier if we could fill out some of the onboarding steps on behalf of the employees.
This is a great product for a staffing company, especially if you want to be nationwide or in multiple markets.
Read David Buckalew, CMP's full review
Nick Sucan profile photo
January 31, 2019

User Review: "TriNet is an excellent company"

We use TriNet to handle payroll and human resources. We use it across our U.S. based company. It helps that TriNet has coverage over the entire country.
  • TriNet has a great support staff on their 800 number.
  • The account reps are very accessible.
  • TriNet offers workshops for HR managers to attend.
  • TriNet sometimes does not have all the functionality that are needed like OSHA.
I think that TriNet is great for smaller businesses. The website is very useful.
Read Nick Sucan's full review
Bob Swinney profile photo
October 05, 2018

TriNet: "Excellent Business Partner for Critical Corporate Services"

We are a small IT professional services company and we use TriNet across the entire company for all of our payroll, benefits and HR services. This allows us to focus on our core business services without extensive need for all of these internal support services and lowers our overall cost of operation.
  • Payroll services are outstanding and 100% reliable.
  • Benefit services provides our employees with an extensive selection of benefit offerings.
  • TriNet support services is very knowledgeable and responsive.
  • No requests at this time.
Have rated a 10 due to the extensive services and reliability of these service offerings. Customer Support has been excellent and responsive when needed.
Read Bob Swinney's full review

Employee demographic data (191)
Employment history (200)
Job profiles and administration (195)
6.6
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (245)
Organizational charting (170)
Organization and location management (170)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (228)
Pay calculation (324)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Benefit plan administration (334)
Direct deposit files (307)
Salary revision and increment management (263)
Reimbursement management (151)
Approval workflow (158)
Balance details (198)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (158)
View and generate pay and benefit information (311)
Update personal information (318)
View company policy documentation (268)
Employee recognition (83)
View job history (216)
Tracking of all physical assets (1)
Report builder (207)
6.6
Pre-built reports (248)
6.5
Ability to combine HR data with external data (115)
New hire portal (262)
Manager tracking tools (149)
Corporate goal setting (27)
Individual goal setting (30)
Line-of sight-visibility (30)
Performance tracking (30)
Performance plans (54)
Performance improvement plans (55)
Review status tracking (52)
Review reminders (55)
Multiple review frequency (3)
Candidate ranking (1)
Candidate search (20)
Candidate development (18)
Job Requisition Management (23)
Company Website Posting (1)
5.5
Publish to Social Media (18)
Job Search Site Posting (23)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (1)
Applicant Tracking (24)
Notifications and Alerts (29)

About TriNet

TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. The vendor aims to free SMBs from HR complexities by offering access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet's goal is to empower SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.