TriNet Reviews

September 02, 2020
Tara Lopez, M.S. | TrustRadius Reviewer
We utilized TriNet to administer all aspects of employee benefits, payroll, and time off. The employee self-service portal allows our employees to manage their own personal data, direct access to their payroll and tax data/forms, and a time off portal that displays real-time accrued balances and estimated future balances. The entire agency utilizes the TriNet portal and we have been able to drastically reduce the amount of time and resources spent on processing employee changes, payroll changes, and time-off requests.
  • Paperless system allows us to save time and money.
  • The system allows employees ownership of their data.
  • My TriNet team is incredibly reliable and resourceful.
  • It can take more time than expected to reverse a change in the system.
  • The app isn't as robust as the web portal.
TriNet has allowed our HR team the time to focus on real employee issues, rather than being bogged down with processing paper time-off forms or payroll entries. TriNet does an amazing job of keeping us informed of new laws and regulations that affect payroll and training - such a great resource and partner who we can truly rely on!
TriNet has an amazing team of knowledgable and helpful customer service representatives. I have confidence in the TriNet team whenever I need to reach out for assistance. From an HR perspective, I can rest easy knowing my TriNet team is there to support my agency and ensure we are covered from a compliance standpoint. On the technology side, the TriNet platform never disappoints - the system is constantly being updated and is incredibly user friendly.
The TriNet system is extremely easy to use and very intuitive - from both the end-user and admin perspective. The platform provides a variety of information displayed in a helpful way, that makes navigating the system a breeze.
Read Tara Lopez, M.S.'s full review
November 02, 2020
Stephen Enfield | TrustRadius Reviewer
POS Supply Solutions is using TriNet as our outsourced payroll, benefits, workmans comp and more. We are using it across our entire company with offices in 2 states and employees in 4 States. TriNet gives us the ability to offer big company benefits and manage the complexity of multi-state payroll and taxes much easier.
  • Benefit management and offering.
  • Multi-state payroll and taxes.
  • Integration to our NetSuite ERP/accounting system.
TriNet is very well suited for a company with offices and employees in several different states.
We love the ability to quickly reach a "live" customer service rep. Also, we do have a dedicated rep that we speak with most often.
The user interface is simple and easy. The help and support is easy to access and understand.
Read Stephen Enfield's full review
October 28, 2020
Nate Wyne | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TriNet across our whole organization. All of our onboarding as well as standard payroll is processed on it.
  • Employee onboarding.
  • Pay changes.
  • Responsiveness.
  • Integrations with other software can be challenging.
As a startup with a distributed workforce, having a partner who could understand compliance across multiple states was crucial. TriNet was easily able to onboard new employees as well as update payroll quickly and efficiently.
Our TriNet representative is highly responsive, and the help phone numbers are attended by intelligent professionals who tell you what you need to know quickly and kindly. I know every time I reach out that I'll get the right answer back and enough context to fully understand exactly why the solution offered makes sense for my situation. There is a focus on professionalism that is crucial.
The functionality of the website is easy to navigate and logically ordered to help users at any skill level. The background knowledge of always having a person I can call is reassuring for the more complicated functions like international payroll and legal disclosures. Most of the firms we work with utilize APIs as an add on to TriNet and some of them work well, others have been problematic.
Read Nate Wyne's full review
Brad Wright | TrustRadius Reviewer
TriNet is being used by everyone at Chunker. We are a relatively small company right now that has to compete with lots of other tech companies so our benefit package is very important. Using TriNet allows us to have a world-class benefit package that we could never get on our own at this stage.
  • Provides all of the benefits of a large company that a small company couldn't provide on their own.
  • Provides a great portal for employees.
  • Easy and fast tax info at the end of each year.
  • As a busy executive in a small company I have found it sometimes difficult to figure out how to accomplish certain tasks. It would be great if it were easier or more intuitive.
TriNet basically functions as our HR department so we don't have to hire anyone right now to be in that role. But even when we do, using TriNet will help us scale so that our employee in that position will be much more scalable.
TriNet has all of the functions and benefits needed to run the HR department, including many different reports that would take a lot of time and effort to generate without them. The TriNet team themselves has always been willing to go the extra mile for us, especially in the early days of the Covid19 pandemic when we were really struggling.
TriNet has so many features that as an occasional user I find it a bit difficult to navigate. I'm sure that if I used it every day the story would be different.
Read Brad Wright's full review
Bryan Lin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TriNet primarily for payroll, benefits and other related HR services.
  • Payroll service is excellent.
  • TriNet helped procure great benefits solutions.
  • TriNet website platform is really easy to use.
  • Difficult to get timely live response and call back from the assigned TriNet representative.
Great for small and midsize firms that do not want to or cannot afford to have a fully built-out in-house HR department.
Very difficult to get timely call backs. I always have to wait, sometimes for multiple days and then I would be given spots that only work for the customer representative who I assume covers multiple clients.
Overall it's a great service, even for customer service - while I have to wait a long time to get call backs, when I do speak to the customer representative, she is always very friendly and knowledgeable. Maybe this is an issue of each customer rep covering too many accounts?
Read Bryan Lin's full review
Andrew Catalano | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TriNet through the whole business. We use TriNet for payroll only at this time.
  • When an employee has a question or concern TriNet is prompt to respond with an answer.
  • If I ever need any paperwork or help with anything I don't hesitate to call TriNet.
  • All Trinet employees are courteous and knowledgeable.
  • The only thing as of right now I'd like to see is being able to access w-2's from the app.
I would definitely recommend TriNet to anyone looking for a good HR company. They are very helpful in all aspects.
Any questions I have had TriNet has always explained things to me where it was very easy to understand and follow.
The app and web page are very easy to maneuver through and pretty self explanatory.
Read Andrew Catalano's full review
September 28, 2020
Phil Lang | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TriNet as our PEO to handle benefits and payroll for our entire company.
  • Good benefits options.
  • Great support staff.
  • Nice website for employees to log in.
  • Benefits pricing isn't the most competitive.
  • Per-user costs add up over time.
  • Reporting has come a long way but still could be improved.
Good for startups that need to get set up on benefits quickly but if you're a larger company, it could be cheaper to go out on your own.
They have a great team to support the accounts and help out with day-to-day questions.
The system works well for thousands of companies.
Read Phil Lang's full review
October 31, 2020
It allows our team to directly control HR/Insurance. It allows for less overhead and is a low maintenance solution for our small team. It is very well received by our staff. We have remote works and it's really easy for them to control their own insurance without having to be in a central corporate office.
  • Self service insurance control.
  • Payroll is managed easily in one system.
  • Doesn't require a full HR team to manage payroll and insurance after on-boarding.
Small business where your team needs access to multiple insurance options. If you don't have a full HR team, you can still provide great benefits through TriNet. Remote workers are supported with self-service options. All documents are stored electronically, reducing the need for files and centralized data storage in a corporate office.
TriNet support has been very good. Response rates are quick and issues are resolved typically in one interaction, which is really important if you don't have a full-time HR person associated with the business. Managers can support their teams if they are remote, which is important these days. We have had no issues with accuracy so far.
Users are able to use self serve options. HR managers have an intuitive system that doesn't require additional training after the initial session.
October 07, 2020
We use TriNet across the whole organization as our PEO.
  • Payroll support.
  • Data management.
  • Compliance.
  • Benefits.
  • Time & attendance - State laws & management.
  • Data management (HRIS, Workforce Analytics, etc.).
  • Integrations.
  • Traditional org chart.
  • API links for data (calendars, onboarding, offboarding, etc.).
TriNet is a great solution for smaller companies that do not have anyone in an HR function.
TriNet has been implemented at every startup I have joined before they hired me (HR). The handover process is always very easy, and the TriNet team has always been supportive of an internal HR hire. The payroll specialist is very responsive, but our HR consultant may have too many companies she is managing.
Two years ago, I would have rated this a 3. TriNet has since upgraded their technology to where it looks like it's in the 21st century. There are still several kinks, and a lot of improvements can still me made on the UI/UX from a User and Admin perspective. I also believe that there is a lot more companies can do with Human Data in the system. It should be easier to run reports, and easier to view data. Instead of always pulling what looks like an Excel doc, there should be easy graphs to compare YoY, MoM, and the typical HR Data Reports like "Growth," "Retention," "Diversity" should already be part of the report system.... right now we have to export a certain year/month to Excel, create pivot graphs and compare the data ourselves.
October 06, 2020
We use Trinet to administer payroll and benefits. We have employees working all over the country right now so it's very important that Trinet is able to help us with administering all payroll related line items as legally appropriate in each state. We also use Trinet for benefits which we otherwise would not know how to handle.
  • Benefit Administration
  • Payroll Administration
  • HR Compliance
  • Account Managers can be slow to respond
  • Some UI is confusing, especially for creating reports
  • Can be expensive, especially for smaller teams
Trinet is great for HR compliance, administering payroll, and benefits administration. For creating reports it can be confusing. At times we had specific questions regarding employee hiring/termination and our account manager was far too slow (think weeks) in responding. As far as benefits administration, it is very easy to use and employees have no complaints.
Implementation was great and easy. Benefits help was spot on. Our account manager has been slow to respond to specific problems that have arisen.
Payroll is straightforward, as are benefits. Report building can be confusing.
October 06, 2020
We use TriNet with our finance department to manage the salary and with the HR department to manage social benefits such as healthcare plans and compliance with local regulations - such as employee handbook for each state we have an employee in, new employee job proposals, etc.
  • Healthcare plans - we get healthcare plans of equivalent to a much larger company.
  • Salary processing - doing the job well.
  • Employee handbooks - no need to worry what are the local state regulations with regards to employee employment, TriNet helps with that!
  • Salary system is a bit complicated and can use some more flexibility.
For an international company that need US presence in the highest standards they are the BEST.
They helped with the on-boarding and with EVERY issue we had. Some of our employees that use their system are not from the US, so if they had professional assistance in a different time zone it would have been great.
Easy to use.
October 05, 2020
Accounting & CFO - We primarily use the PR, Expense reimbursement and HR functions of TN. Though only the accounting and CFO use the software each of the employees use the PTO reporting and the expense reimbursement function. It has reduced checks needed and improved the efficiency of the process for reimbursing employees for their expenses.
  • Responsiveness.
  • Assist with problems.
  • Talk over options.
  • There may be issues with other state reporting requirements.
TriNet is especially suited for organizations that do not have the personnel for payroll and HR expertise. This allows for the organization to focus on their goals of the company vs having employees on staff that a full time position is not needed. Allows executives to focus on their main goals and strengths.
TriNet has always been very responsive to our needs. Additionally always willing to push questions or problems to the next level if that is needed. HR upload of new employees is almost seamless now with all functions being kept on-line. New employees are given guidance so they know where to look and what their resources are.
Great assistance and departments to guide you through the systems on line for each TriNet section. They will help with telephone support if that is needed also.
September 30, 2020
TriNet is used by our entire organization. It supports our business in ways that our previous PEO did not. It takes care of our Payroll and Human Resource needs and is a great resource for myself (being the only HR Representative for the company with minimal experience in this field). Since we have had TriNet, there is less room for error in the different areas of our business.
  • Human Resource Knowledge - The HR Capital Business Partner has been a PHENOMENAL resource for myself and the company. Especially with the COVID situation and how we had to handle this with the employees (communications, establishing a process to determine work status of employees, etc). I would not be able to do my job successfully without our TriNet Rep. She has been a key component in the TriNet implementation being a success.
  • User Interface on TriNet Portal - The UI of the Portal is user-friendly and easy to navigate. The capabilities it has (Expense Report System, Time Clock System, Performance Reviews, Hiring Application, Trainings etc). provides a lot of opportunity for the company to utilize it and establish new programs and policies within their organization.
  • Internal Communication on Portal - Being an Administrator on TriNet, I have the capability of posting announcements company-wide. It only allows text, and there is no room for customization. I send out company-wide emails and I think it would be great to transition this to the TriNet Portal, but only if we could customize these posts (images, fonts, colors etc).
TriNet takes on the responsibility of our Payroll and Human Resource needs. With their support in these areas, there is less room for error and more opportunity to be compliant and more efficient.
I had no prior HR experience before starting my position at the company. When I started with my company, we had just brought out TriNet. They have been a great resource to bring me up to speed on HR processes. I am still learning every day, as I come across new situations that I need TriNet's assistance on. When I have reached out to the Solution Center, they are always quick to help and answer my inquiries.
Overall, there is a lot you can do with TriNet. From Payroll, the Expense Application, establishing Human Resource Policies/Programs, Job Posting Application, Performance Reviews and setting Goals, etc.
September 29, 2020
We use TriNet as PEO for our California based employees. We use a different PEO for our Hawaii based employees. We use it primarily for HR guidance, payroll implementation, better benefits options.
  • The platform and tools are very user-friendly and do not require a lot of training.
  • Our TriNet representatives are very accessible and responsive, although I’ve heard that’s not always the case and highly dependent on the individuals assigned to your account.
  • TriNet is a little light on help with unemployment issues.
  • I wish the app had more management functionality.
TriNet is well suited for small to mid sized companies who have someone who can basically manage the HR function but need support. They won’t get too involved on a person to person level. If you can manage most of the HR function on your own, TriNet’s tools make it easy for you.
Melissa and Gilbert have been very supportive during the pandemic and very responsive. TriNet hasn’t really made much of an impact on our HR processes, but the technology platform has been a significant part of how we manage our employees.
Very easy to use and doesn’t require a lot of training or technical background.
September 28, 2020
TriNet serves the entire organization with payroll, benefits management, 401(k) management. It provides a one-stop, centralized platform for employees and administrators to manage all of our payroll and HR needs.
  • TriNet provided the necessary reports that made applying for the PPP loan very easy. Saved us a lot of time.
  • TriNet provides lots of tutorials and videos that employees and managers can view that will answer most, if not all, of their needs and concerns and questions.
  • TriNet always sends out reminders and emails regarding action items and deadlines to keep you on track.
  • Onboarding for payroll and for the 401(k) Plan was very organized and straightforward. They literally hold your hand through every step with explanations and examples and ramifications.
  • In the beginning, it was difficult to find the payroll reports and registers. The navigation is not as intuitive as it can be.
  • The TriNet platform provides so much information and so many tutorials and videos that it may be challenging at times to find the thing that you are searching for.
TriNet is best suited for organizations looking for a one-stop, centralized platform for their employees for payroll and HR purposes. It provides personalized service where an account manager is assigned to your organization. Unlike ADP, there is no need to call a centralized number with tremendously long wait times.
TriNet assigns a specific individual for every step of the process. Their staff members are very informed, informative, responsive, helpful, and straightforward. This made transitioning to TriNet for whatever service that we had subscribed to very simple and pain-free.

Everything that you can want and may need in terms of tutorials and reports are available. This is a blessing and a curse. The content is great, but organizing all this content is challenging which has resulted in an occasional navigation challenge - sometimes difficult to find the exact thing that you were searching for.
September 02, 2020
It's used across the entire organization. TriNet addresses primarily payroll and benefits needs, but there are many other features that we use and find helpful. For example, I-9 completion and retention, training needs (e.g. mandatory sexual harassment prevention), legally required notices, posters and forms, and other compliance tools. It's great to have access to a representative who can help with questions regarding involuntary separation and other sensitive situations. Lastly, we have used the COVID-19 resource site quite a bit. It contains relevant information about everything from new laws enacted after COVID-19 started to useful return to work tips.
  • One portal gives access to everything.
  • Quick followup by support.
  • Easy to navigate website.
  • Training etc. is easily available to employees.
  • The process of putting an employee on LOA is tricky because of the coordination of pay between the company and different types of disability and other benefits. We didn't get much help in calculating this, so a calculator of sorts would be nice.
  • Setting up vacation and sick leave plans was also a bit cumbersome with weird spreadsheets to fill out.
  • I would like to see legally required notices, posters etc in a much more easy to find place. I still have not been able to locate all required new hire and termination notices on the site, just some of them.
TriNet is very well suited to small and medium-sized companies with a small or non-existing HR department. They can help not only with the basic payroll and benefits processing, but also with advice when it comes to employee separations and other situations. They also help eliminate paper with all enrollment, I-9 processing etc. online. Moreover, records are also kept online. In fact, TriNet makes it so easy, many smaller organizations could have HR run by an office manager, or an accountant.
TriNet is always quick to respond to any questions or comments that I might have. If my designated customer service representative is not available for the moment, it's easy to get hold of someone else who can help me out with my problem. When we have technical issues, which is rare, IT is usually quick to resolve the issue.
TriNet's platform HR Passport is user-friendly and does not really require much introduction or training. It's intuitive to use for the most part which is helpful when you want to delegate things such as vacation, sick leave, and personal day usage and tracking. We have effectively delegated tasks such as entering vacation and sick leave hours to administrative staff.
October 21, 2020
I am an employer, and I use TriNet for my employees (myself as well). I provide benefits, utilize workforce analytics, and run payroll. The problems are the monthly fees that just increased, which have led me to leave the platform.
  • Customer Service Reps
  • Workforce Analytics
  • Billing issues
  • Reduce fees
  • More notifications re: tax season for 1099s
  • More notifications re: payroll compliance for employees
TriNet is well suited for a bigger company, but not very well suited for a small company. The fees TriNet imposes on payroll can be painful.
I receive a response from a TriNet rep within the same day, usually, and they have always been up to date and transparent about my account representative.
The user interface has improved drastically since the upgrades.
August 19, 2020
El-ad David Amir | TrustRadius Reviewer
TriNet is Astrolabe's professional employer organization (PEO). We use their services for payroll, benefits, and other HR requirements. As a small company, Astrolabe could not employ our own HR department, and TriNet's services are invaluable.
  • Communicate with staff
  • Support for payroll and benefits
  • Comfortable portal for both company and employees
  • Opaque pricing scheme
I had a chance to interact with TriNet as a company founder and as an employee in two other start-up companies. In all cases, their offering has been above average and their service was cordial, prompt, and efficient. In addition to payroll and benefits, I utilize TriNet on a regular basis to address HR questions, such as the institution of a parental leave policy and for questions regarding challenging hiring choices (such as hiring an American expatriate).
The TriNet team is prompt and helpful. They are almost immediately available during business hours and respond quickly when emailed outside of regular times. The portal is very useful in finding information and updating policy (for example, changing the compensation of an employee).
TriNet offers an excellent portal for both employers and employees. As the former, I used it to survey my payroll, institute benefits, and other HR policies, and generate reports (such as SBA reports). As an employee, it seamlessly took me through the benefits enrollment process, generation of W-2, and other common HR tasks.
Read El-ad David Amir's full review
July 16, 2020
David Sayroo | TrustRadius Reviewer
TriNet and the PEO program we utilize, allows us to manage all of our Human Resources related tasks and gives us the most up-to-date information and guidelines to properly address all aspects of our Human Capital (the most important asset any company has). The reports are utilized by 7 of our 19 employees while 3 of us utilize and manage all of the services on a daily basis. The App, GUI, and web portal are all very user friendly and easy to use but by far the best attribute TriNet has to offer is their customer service and the hands-on assistance provided by the account and relationship managers. The response time is almost immediate in most cases and our support team gets us the right information the first time. We utilize them almost weekly.

Having a smaller headcount and being a small business (especially during the struggles the market can bring), TriNet allows us to manage our company as if we had a full-time HR Manager onsite without the cost and challenges that can often-times bring. The ease of managing payroll, benefits, workers comp, retirement plans, etc. gives us the ability to focus more on our business and growth.
  • Communication. the quality of Human Capital within the TriNet family.
  • Providing current and applicable HR and market information to businesses in many different industries.
  • Reporting information and availability of data that help to analyze all aspects of HR related issues and costs.
  • We recently had an instance of separation from the parent company retirement program and the migration from their platform to a new, stand-alone platform took months longer than expected.
  • The recent change in market/economic conditions has caused a loss of Human Capital within TriNet causing some extended wait times and a slight loss in communication as compared to 4+ months ago.
I have recommended TriNet to multiple colleagues over the past 2+ years. I have been tasked with assisting a new implementation for one of my previous clients within the coming months. I potentially have another prospect within 6-12 months as well. The workload it can remove from your daily/weekly task list is likely much higher than most companies (that handle their payroll and benefits in-house) would expect. The referral they offer is also quite a nice bonus.
All aspects of the HR support and process are beyond our expectations. The only issue we've encountered was the delayed migration during our retirement plan change. That alone was a large let-down having dragged on for 6 months longer than expected.
The website is phenomenal. The access it gives you to all of the reporting, modeling, programs, not to mention the marketplace and all the potential savings you have access to.
Read David Sayroo's full review
August 23, 2020
Madhukar Govindaraju | TrustRadius Reviewer
TriNet is our PEO of record. We take pride in bringing together the best working experience for all of our employees and TriNet has enabled us to offer a very attractive benefits package to our employees.
  • Comprehensive benefits package.
  • Intuitive user experience on browser and mobile devices.
  • Rich set of reports for management accounting and compliance reporting.
  • PEO Service offering needs to be integrated well with Partners. TriNet should negotiate dedicated contacts for partners such as TransAmerica for 401(K), Employment Verification Partners, etc. Our client services contact always routes our requests to these partners and we have to wait to hear back from these partners.
  • TriNet needs to improve the inner working of their TriNet Solution Center and transform the experience for customers. Time to be more empathetic to customer needs and move away from we have "Ticketed Your Request" and "you can wait now" mindset. The Solution Center processes will need to be transformed around Customers as opposed this Dept. vs. That Dept. vs. Partner separation of accountability.
  • TriNet should work with customers ahead of time before publishing new pricing during open enrollment. The voice of the customer needs to be incorporated before raising prices annually during open enrollment.
TriNet is well suited for companies that want to bring a more friendly experience to their employees and provide a rich set of benefits options for employees, including voluntary benefits. Although TriNet tries to market industry-specific offerings, customers see very little differentiation as the technology platform is still very horizontal and the cost benefits across their vertical offerings are not obvious. It definitely helps TriNet to segment customers into groups and create different actuarial models for different verticals. As a customer, it is not obvious what the vertical benefits are ... other than we are only eligible for this package and not the other packages. TriNet needs to market and message customer benefits in terms of costs and value in terms of these vertical offerings.
The Solutions Center experience is very fragmented when it comes to partner processes and also specialized processes within TriNet such as Path Act support, etc. Every request is ticketed very quickly and routed to different teams but the response times vary significantly. Many a time, TriNet Support teams are unwilling to take a position or provide guidance as it relates to Partner offering. Perhaps more education is needed to support better experiences for customers.
I can definitely get most of my work done quickly. However, getting our employee questions answered in a timely manner is a challenge.
Read Madhukar Govindaraju's full review
August 21, 2020
Romeo Elias | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use TriNet as the PEO for our entire company. They manage our payroll (and related taxes and rules), HR, and labor compliance. It enables us to focus on our core business and outsource functions we are not experts at.
  • They are experts at HR, payroll, and labor compliance laws.
  • Their process is streamlined and they are constantly learning and improving
  • They develop and provide user-friendly technology to enable our employees to be self-supported.
  • They offer us benefits as a much larger company to attract the best employees.
  • Over the years, we saw a lot of changes with their account management personnel, and that was our biggest complaint, as we had to bring new people up to speed often.
  • Their 401K plan administration could be improved as it is currently provided by one of their partner first that isn't as customer-focused.
  • Despite their size and negotiating power, their negotiated medical insurance rates have been going up annually considerably.
TriNet is best for growing small to medium-sized businesses that don't have dedicated HR and internal benefits departments. It enables companies to outsource all these functions without losing effectiveness.
The account manager can make a very big difference and we are fortunate to have a fantastic resource who has helped advocate, prioritize, and help us resolve any issues quickly and effectively. The only reason it's not a 10 is that we have found it can be a hit and miss in the past with others and this role is critical, and we have found that the level of service hasn't been consistent between all of the ones we have worked with.
Very user friendly software. I wish they had a better Performance/Review management offering.
Read Romeo Elias's full review
August 18, 2020
Linda Hitch | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a very small non-profit. By using TriNet, we keep our staff level down and gain efficiency and security. During the pandemic, they have provided vital information and resources at no additional charge.
  • Customer service is great. You can always reach the associate assigned to you. If they are not available, there is always someone filling in for them.
  • You can access chat support any time.
  • Information about applying for the PPL loan and for the forgiveness is so appreciated. I mean really! Who has done this before? They created custom reports just for this purpose.
  • Obviously, I'd like the cost to be lower. But, as I said, we'd probably need at least one more staff person without them. I took the time, a lot of time, to compare them for a competitor and TriNet came out on top. I don't even listen to sales pitches anymore.
  • Don't change the website again. Shortly after we started, they overhauled the website. I spent a lot of time learning the first format so I didn't appreciate the overhaul.
We are so small that other similar organizations might not take us. We appreciate the ability to tap into TriNet's buying power for benefits.
I appreciate that I don't have to keep myself up to speed on HR law. TriNet will do that for me.
Every now and then, I can't figure something out but I always have that associate to guide me through.
Read Linda Hitch's full review
August 18, 2020
Jon Whitaker | TrustRadius Reviewer
It's being used across the entire organization (2 separate divisions) to manage our payroll & tax compliance, manage & track paid time off, and provide our staff competitive and compelling benefits that help us to attract talent.
  • Onboarding new staff is very easy.
  • Offering high-quality benefits is made accessible to smaller companies.
  • Customer Service to date has been outstanding.
  • I'm able to offload a lot of HR-related tasks to TriNet.
  • The user-interface feels outdated and is difficult to navigate.
  • Similarly, the reporting feels like it's designed for someone who's already familiar with HR Standards. It's not great for someone who's running a small company.
  • Additional employee-level functions (like being able to see a custom org chart, contact co-workers, etc) would be welcome.
  • There's not a great process for onboarding a new manager when there are changes in the company.
It's great for small companies like ours or companies where there isn't yet room for a large HR apparatus. I'm particularly a fan of the benefits that are offered, and the peace of mind that comes from knowing there is a much larger organization behind us ensuring that we are compliant with HR laws, both nationally & locally
We have received stellar service & care from our account manager. She seems to know our company, our needs, and our history. I don't feel like we're one of 100, but one of maybe 5 or 10. I've honestly often been surprised at just how helpful she has been.
There is a lot of room for growth on the user interface side, especially on the company management side. It feels like it was designed by computer programmers for computer programmers.
Read Jon Whitaker's full review
July 24, 2020
Devin Schubbe | TrustRadius Reviewer
TriNet is being used across the entire firm for payroll, commissions, and benefits services. In the past we did not have a solid benefits system that all employees were able to use so this has been a major upgrade for our small investment banking firm. We also had poor accounting management at our previous payroll company and had to continually check up on their work.
  • The ease and ability to edit payroll and create additional payroll entries
  • The interface for users and administrators is very easy to navigate
  • Account managers are always quick to respond to answer questions
  • When we first signed on, the insurance carrier transfers during the fall was a bit difficult for some and could have been given more guidance on that.
  • Wish there were more carrier options for our area for healthcare benefits.
  • Wish the credit threshold for payroll and commissions was higher to avoid doing a separate wire as getting a reverse wire set up with major banks is very difficult.
I guess it really depends on the type of business the person works for, but I would highly recommend TriNet for smaller firms like ours, as they have much more competitive pricing compared to other big PEO names and a great selection of benefits. Also, we like that those we correspond with at TriNet are familiar with our line of work.
Any time we have a question or concern we always get a fairly quick response with helpful answers or guidance, especially during the on-boarding process with many confusing tax-related documents for both the company and employees. They have also been very helpful in assisting those that needed help while selecting their benefit plans on the platform.
I believe TriNet's interface is incredibly intuitive to navigate minus a few payroll-related items when creating additional payroll reports. I rarely am asked for assistance from other employees on how to use their TriNet login and platform. I also am easily able to pull a variety of different reports without creating much brain damage.
Read Devin Schubbe's full review
July 24, 2020
Kathleen Zero | TrustRadius Reviewer
At Mercury Capital we use TriNet for all of our benefits and payroll. TriNet is used in our US offices. We love that everything is handled by one group and that we always have our TriNet representative to assist us. TriNet keeps us updated on everything we need to know about benefits for our employees.
  • Response Time
  • Keep us updated on new benefits for employees
  • Coverage
  • Increases in benefits, each year it just goes up a small amount
  • When you dial into the 800 number for assistance, they really want you to speak with your rep but sometimes the rep is busy and we need an answer quickly.
We are very happy with all the services we have with TriNet\. We get calls all the time to change but we feel really comfortable with our benefits and those who assist us.
We are very happy. If you email your rep and they are away at meetings you will receive an email stating when they will be back in the office and who you can reach out to in their absence. Our rep gets on the phone with us to describe in great detail changes or upcoming events that we need to be aware of. Will walk us through a process on the platform if we do not understand--very hands-on.
It's like everything else, hard when changes are first implemented but as you get to use the system on a daily basis it is much easier. Always someone to assist you with the process.
Read Kathleen Zero's full review

Employee demographic data (300)
Employment history (336)
Job profiles and administration (319)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (386)
Organizational charting (268)
Organization and location management (266)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (361)
Pay calculation (503)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (40)
Benefit plan administration (509)
Direct deposit files (474)
9.2
Salary revision and increment management (412)
Reimbursement management (245)
Approval workflow (256)
Balance details (313)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (249)
View and generate pay and benefit information (485)
Update personal information (495)
View company policy documentation (418)
Employee recognition (136)
View job history (351)
Tracking of all physical assets (1)
Report builder (336)
Pre-built reports (389)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (190)
New hire portal (411)
Manager tracking tools (240)
Corporate goal setting (44)
Individual goal setting (48)
Line-of sight-visibility (45)
Performance tracking (47)
Performance plans (90)
6.2
Performance improvement plans (89)
6.5
Review status tracking (86)
Review reminders (89)
5.8
Multiple review frequency (3)
Candidate ranking (1)
Candidate search (34)
6.6
Candidate development (31)
6.7
Job Requisition Management (38)
Company Website Posting (1)
5.5
Publish to Social Media (30)
Job Search Site Posting (38)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (1)
Applicant Tracking (40)
Notifications and Alerts (45)

What is TriNet?

TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. The vendor aims to free SMBs from HR complexities by offering access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet's goal is to empower SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.

TriNet Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information
Has featureEmployee recognition

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
Has featureAdditional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by different vendor

Performance Management Features