Reviews (1-25 of 311)
- Employment data collection. HR Compliance.
- Variety of healthcare insurance options.
- Following their own processes to ensure tasks are completed accurately. Too often the processing staff is not detailed oriented and make constant mistakes as they don't follow instructions.
- Lower their fees.
- Build your own time card feature versus outsourcing that tool to another vendor.
- TriNet provides a wide range of topnotch benefit providers - medical, dental, vision, insurance, legal services, etc. - for the organization to choose from and present to staff.
- TriNet client services is fast, responsive and knowledgeable when you contact them with questions about the marketplace, options, or how to navigate the online portal as an administrator or employee user.
- TriNet onboarding was so easy and quick. The account team at TriNet explains the process, walks you through each step, and asks and answers questions to customize your benefits and processes to meet your organization's needs.
- TriNet reports are plentiful and easy to access. These can be printed, downloaded or emailed, which makes working with remote support services like a bookkeeper or accountant so simple.
- The only element of TriNet services that sometimes is problematic is the time it takes to connect to the reporting services in terms of generating reports. I occasionally get 'timed-out'.
- Medical Insurance - as a smaller company with 15 employees we cannot command any pricing power in the health insurance market. TriNet makes it possible for us to offer better plans at a lower premium because we are part of a large group.
- Online communication with employees: From day 1 the employee gets direct contact with TriNet online and can handle most of their own issue. In a tech company like ours, that is expected by the younger employees (really most employees).
- HR checklist: When an employee is hired TriNet forces us to gather I-9 data, social security number, address, contact info etc. from day one. Nothing is left open.
- The service is a bit expensive but that is relative to what it would cost us to do the things in-house or with another vendor.
- The reporting is OK but traditionally CFOs like easy access to YTD payroll registers to tie out wages. TriNet does not give us access to the quarterly Federal and State filings (941s) because that is done as part of a larger group. In some cases the reporting could be a bit easier to understand. In the menu now there are about 18 choices and not all of them are used or useful. They should take a hard look at who uses what on a regular basis and narrow down the choices to prevent information overload.
- I like the payroll specialist who prints our payroll.
- Ability to get in touch with our payroll manager. She can be hard to get ahold of.
- Helping a company that has employees who do not use computers.
- When it comes to trying to do a workaround for not having computers they always place the burden on us. No workarounds are given, just make us come up with the workaround.
- If you do a manual check they take months to enter it into the Trinet side, which means that they pay the taxes late.
- Prompt and detailed answers in case of questions
- Effective and immediate assistance (online or by phone) at any time during business hours
- Understanding of Newron's needs and relevant support in case of doubts (please don't forget we are an Italian company that manages its US employees from Italy through TriNet and, sometimes, the HR legislation/regulation aspects in the US require some more understanding of how it works there.) TriNet is always prepared to help and clarify.
- Frankly speaking, I have no special areas to highlight where TriNet should improve their services to Newron. I am 100% satisfied with their performance: they effectively and efficiently provide us with what we need. I know that TriNet provides other types of service that we don't need and maybe there is something to improve there but this is not our case
- Customer Support is my number one priority. When I need answers, I need answers. TriNet provides me with a support team that are not only knowledgeable and respond in a timely manner, but are fun to work with and are dedicated to making my life easier.
- TriNet offers support with compliance to make sure that I am up to date with all the laws and regulations. Since we have employees located all over the country, they make it easy for me to review the information I need to make sure I am in compliance with all of the state laws.
- Onboarding and payroll administration are a snap to complete. TriNet's on-line system is easy to use and offers a full array of resources for employees, managers and HR. Their online benefits enrollment process, whether it be new hire or open enrollment, is streamlined and easy for employees to change benefit information without having to go through HR. All of this frees up my time to spend on other responsibilities.
- TriNet's Reports module is extensive and hits all my needs, all our accounting departments needs and all our management teams needs. From birthday lists to 401k info to job costing to - take it from me its comprehensive. And if I can't find exactly what I need, I can develop my own report.
- The only feature that I would like to see improved is a connection between their time and attendance module and their payroll module. Although both systems are easy to use and I have my process down to a science, it would be nice if I didn't have to export the data from T&A and import it into payroll.
- Customer service. We have dealt with at least five different customer service representatives from the company over the years and they've all been excellent in addressing our problems fully and quickly.
- Dealing with insurance companies. In all the years I've worked with TriNet I've never had to call our health insurance providers and have always had any problems successfully resolved.
- Payroll. TriNet is on top of all the latest regulations regarding taxes and every other payroll consideration.
- My only complaint at all about TriNet is that I think their web portal could be more user-friendly but I even feel as if they've been trying to address that consideration in the past couple of years.
- Offers competitive benefits.
- Manages and communicates changes to state policies.
- Provides great customer service.
- Website functionalities - I recognize that much of the website is undergoing changes or recently changed, but ensuring a quality product is functional before it is released is highly desirable.
- Training opportunities - I enjoy the web series, I would like a little more notice of upcoming events as my calendar fills up quickly and there are often topics I would like to attend. However, the signing up and then having access to the webinar is great.
- This past year we encountered some challenges from a former employee who filed a complaint against the organization - navigating the various roles when responding to complaints, etc. wasn't clear. More information, including decision points, would be very welcomed. I hope most don't need this information, but when it is needed it is often needed very quickly and there may be a tremendous amount of stress involved.
- TriNet assigns well-versed Human Capital Consultants to each of their accounts. Their HCCs are readily available to help us through delicate employee relations issues, provide on-site training, and so much more.
- TriNet keeps us up-to-date on ever-changing state regulations/statutes/laws.
- We've been with TriNet for 3 years and were recently assigned our 3rd HCC. Our previous HCCs left for very legitimate reasons (none being that they were dissatisfied with TriNet), but it is an adjustment acclimating to a new HCC.
- Easy and smooth payroll process.
- Easy benefits investments strategy review on an annual basis.
- Competitive benefits for small companies by leveraging the buying power of TriNet collectively.
- TriNet currently meets our needs.
- Keeping my company in compliance across multiple states is important for the company's reputation
- Providing quick responses to important HR questions allows me to respond to current and potential employees
- I appreciate the yearly review to look at ways things can be improved and to have an overall view of the services that are available
- Would like to see some integration of time reporting with DCAA
- More robust international offerings
- It makes the open enrollment program self-service. This is big for us because we do not have a full-time HR person.
- The variety of plan offerings is a great benefit for us, especially for out of state employees.
- We do not need an HR specialist or employment lawyer for making day to day decisions on how to execute on leave pay, termination flow, and annual employee agreements.
- I do not like having to fund payroll 4 business days in advance.
- Shorter turnaround time for submitting payroll.
- In general, a little more flexibility around special payroll transactions
- Savings on benefit costs by pooling.
- Multi-state workforce.
- Smaller company with no budget for dedicated HR professional
- Employee Directory - easy way to search for anyone and find their name, title, email etc
- Vacation Time - Simple to view how many hours you've accrued, for vacation, personal, sick days etc, and easy to request days off from here
- Forms - Easy to locate forms to fill out, print and return to HR through TriNet
- Ability to be used in all 50 states.
- Takes accounting and filing of taxes off my plate.
- Relatively easy to use on my side.
- It is difficult for some of our employees to navigate and understand how to onboard.
- The need to wire funds over ACH is a real turnoff. EDIT ( this was recently changed to allow ACH transfer)
- They did not follow through on a referral fee. EDIT ( this was a miscommunication and a different department from the sales team handles this. It was address and the referral fee is expected soon)
- It would be easier if we could fill out some of the onboarding steps on behalf of the employees.
- Payroll services are outstanding and 100% reliable.
- Benefit services provides our employees with an extensive selection of benefit offerings.
- TriNet support services is very knowledgeable and responsive.
- No requests at this time.
- Responsive Payroll Team is available to assist with managing change efficiently.
- Provide multiple Medical Insurance Options from which we can select.
- Generally respond quickly to information requests and seek out answers.
- Proactive in communicating upcoming changes to employment compliance.
- Assist more when issues arise with the health care provider. In my recent experience, I have noticed that insurance companies are quick to deny necessary medications/procedures that were covered at another company, yet within a week of a change, the coverage no longer exists but the insurance policy is essentially the same. Although this is no fault of TriNet, as the benefits management solution, assistance with managing through this process is oftentimes needed.
- Proactively arrange training for entering Payroll when new Payroll administrators are defined and added to the system. At minimum, send videos that can assist with stepping through the processes.
- The website and interactive nature of the online services is excellent. We can do most things on the app without having to speak to an advisor.
- The buying power of TriNet enables smaller companies like ours to obtain similar deals on things like health insurance that big companies are able to leverage.
- The employee benefits enrollment system is slightly tricky. As one can only change benefits once a year, it makes certain things difficult.
- TriNet is extremely good at making sure support staff is available and knowledgeable.
- TriNet has kept our health insurance rates down.
- TriNet does a great job with open enrollment.
- Employee deductions for items out of the norm are a difficult task. We just try to handle these outside of payroll.
- The time and attendance module can be a huge problem. Do not use it if you must have accurate information at all times.
- Being able to complete payroll ahead of time and having Trinet grab the information on the date it is due is a great tool. Being a small company sometimes it is difficult to process on the exact day.
- Having access to our representative to answer HR questions so I do not need to continuously go to updated classes is also valuble.
- Having the employees have access to online check-stubes and W2 for the entire time they have worked for the company is a benefit.
- Notices in advance for open enrollment is a benefit for all employees.
- In almost all cases the response for questions asked and things needed has been quick.
- I have to deal with management from another state that is one of our investors and at times the questions or items they needed were not able to be answered through Trinet but I do not believe this was Trinet's fault.
- My consultant/representative is wonderful and very quick to respond and helpful.
- We have a dedicated Rep, who is very responsive to our requests and questions.
- Since about half of our associates work from home in other states, TriNet has an entire team that handles those payroll taxes for all of the States.
- The savings that we experience with TriNet's buying power for our benefits is unbeatable.
- We would love to see them expand some of the reporting features.
- We wish the fees for unplanned transactions was not so high. It's not always possible to have everything in the system by a deadline, and we get hit with fees for anything that's not scheduled.
- We wish we had more input as to our open enrollment date. We do not get to choose this.
- Provides a robust benefit package for our employees
- Has a nationwide operation
- Has designated client service personnel
- The systems are adequate, not great.
- Client personnel are constantly changing. We are on our third representative in 26 months.
- Initial implementation was good, but we found out later that things were missed.
- Large variety in mix of health benefits offering nationwide
- Nationwide Human Capital services and support
- Online web portal functionality and support (HR Passport)
- Lack of communication and interaction from TriNet senior executives with their client. Communication and interaction is non-existant unless you are a member of TriNet's CAB.
- Raising health benefits costs (medical) year after year with no communication or interaction from senior management. Designated TriNet HCC are just delivering the message with no insight from higher management. We will be forced to look for other PEOs if the medical costs / annual premiums continue at the same high rates.
- Customer Service - I am able to get someone online or on the phone when I need them.
- Compliance - we have never had an issue with payroll tax or other employment compliance issue.
- Ease of Use - the default payroll option makes regular payroll cycles very easy.
- Reporting - While the reports contain the relevant information, they are awkward to pull from the website (especially in PDF). It takes a lot of clicks and scrolling to get a single report.
- Website navigation - it may be that I do not spend very much time on the site, but the website does not seem intuitive to me and I find myself "exploring" a lot before I find the screen I want.
- Very easy to manage payroll thru TriNet. Our company is heavy variable payout and TriNet handles salary, variable comp, and time off payroll process smoothly.
- TriNet makes is it easy to request and track out of office time across the organization.
- The TriNet system is quite slow from a system performance perspective. Wish it was much faster from a response perspective.
- At times, it is difficult to get phone assistance from TriNet. Would like better response times.
- Handles payroll accurately, serves as a system of record for employee information.
- Takes care of my HR compliance
- There for me to consult on HR issues
- To more completely outsource my HR compliance & convenience needs - maintain my employee files (offer letters, PIIAs, other docs we save in personnel files). Just like Bill.com does for my AP needs (I don't need to maintain a separate vendor file for invoices).
TriNet Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. The vendor aims to free SMBs from HR complexities by offering access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet empowers SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.
For more information, visit TriNet.com or follow us on Twitter.
TriNet Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
TriNet Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|