TriNet Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Annie Erner | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

Insurance benefits made easy!

I am a one person company and I use TriNet for my medical insurance needs. I was only able to use the national medicare exchanges which did not provide the extended options provided to me on TriNet's platform. I was very impressed with the offering at TriNet and am extremely satisfied with the plan and cost of the plan I opted for.
  • Provided in-depth training on using their systems to review the alternative insurance choices.
  • Excellent support along the process.
  • Provided timely emails when re-enrollment was required.
  • The re-enrollment was a little confusing and required phone support which they were happy to provide.
I am very happy with what they provide for me. I understand that the offering is more encompassing and as I grow my business, I look forward to increasing usage of other human resource functions that are provided. I recommended TriNet to some family members and friends.
Read Annie Erner's full review
Teresa Bowmar | TrustRadius Reviewer

Promises not kept!

TriNet is used by our organization. Previously we managed our payroll, HR, and health benefits in-house. Health insurance rates were so high for a small company we moved to TriNet because their rates even with the admin fee were 30% less then we were paying.
  • Melissa, our Human Capital Partner is as helpful as possible.
  • Generally TriNet is run very poorly, their response time is slow at best.
  • We carved out workers comp insurance because TriNet's rates were much higher then ours.
  • The biggest disappointment is the rates on our health insurance compared to my husband's company. My husband's company is also with TriNet, in the same town, about the same size, our demo graphs may be older, however, he is 8 years older then I and his company pay half as much for a better plan (Kaiser HMO1 vs Kaiser HMO3). It's not right no matter how TriNet tries to explain it away.
  • Tiffany, our Client Success Partner is particularly useless, as was her predecessor. TriNet will mess up benefit deductions and take 4 months to correct them. The annual CA Labor and IWC posters we need in Spanish, every year it's a battle we still do not have 2020 correct posters.
  • Our health insurance is no longer a savings. I received a quote TriNet would not match; therefore it would be more efficient to go back to performing HR, payroll, and insurance on our own. Come next Jan 1st this is likely what we will do.
If a company is not set up to perform payroll and HR they may consider TriNet. TriNet is very disorganized and costly so a small company starting out would benefit. A manual assembly manufacturer, with a staff of Spanish speakers who are not computer savvy, get the short end of the stick.
Read Teresa Bowmar's full review
Judith Logsdon | TrustRadius Reviewer

The Most Viable Management Tool

TriNet is being utilized across the whole organization. We utilize TriNet as a co-employer for volume purchasing power, HR and liability expertise, ease of payroll, available benefits, time and cost savings.
  • Benefits - Volume purchasing power allows TriNet to put together extensive plan choices; benefit expertise saves client time and money in both shopping for and administering benefit plans.
  • Payroll - TriNet will always ensure that employees are paid appropriately and timely and that all payroll taxes are submitted appropriately and timely.
  • Because TriNet corporate employees cannot be named as trusted advisors at a client location, HR Passport is not designed well to accommodate the former corporate employee who later becomes an employee of a client. With the number of work-site employees now co-employed under the TriNet umbrella, this issue needs to be corrected, as it will happen with more frequency.
TriNet fits well with a variety of industries. Payroll expertise can be extremely beneficial when a company has a variety of payroll classifications and/or a larger number of employees. From a liability perspective, there would certainly be some industries that TriNet, or any PEO, would most likely not want to contract, but a healthy mix of work comp codes is a positive. The relationship between TriNet and the client company works best when the client company is engaged and recognizes the expertise afforded to them.
Read Judith Logsdon's full review
Jay Amato | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2020

Great tool for getting new companies on the right track!

We are a small ad-tech startup. I selected TriNet before we hired our first full-time employee to provide HRIS, low-cost benefits, payroll, compliance and HR support. It became the backbone of our employee programs and financial tracking. Over the course of the year we’ve successfully on boarded 7 executives.
  • Payroll
  • I9 management
  • Self service editing and real time posting of changed info
  • Org management is terrible
I believe it’s a must have for start ups from day one. It’s a strong backbone to grow with. While I’ve never used in a larger org, I’ve run some very large companies and the lack of a fully integrated work flow tool to automate new hire process from recruitment, background check, offer and on boarding really limits TriNet's application.
Read Jay Amato's full review
Wanda Chatman | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 31, 2020

TriNet Overview

TriNet is our HR system of choice. It is used to onboard new employees, house employee data, and process payroll. We also use it for reporting.
  • TriNet makes onboarding really easy. The new I9 process is great. IoT is great because you can update the system before their start date.
  • Payroll is a breeze with TriNet. As 1st-time user I was really worried, but it was so simple and so user-friendly. I really appreciate the format/design.
  • Accuracy in information housed. I have had a hard time getting my companies PTO time to update correctly. It does not calculate CO time correctly and it is not easy to update.
  • Reporting. While it seems to have improved with the new use of the workforce analyst tool, it still is not easy to run reports.
Read Wanda Chatman's full review
Patrick Shaw | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 23, 2020

Small Business Customer: TriNet Gave us a Pathway to Cost Effective Healthcare and Super Easy Payroll Support

Monthly payroll reporting and as a PSE for better/more affordable healthcare coverage. Impossible to secure affordable healthcare coverage as a small company. Increasingly cost prohibitive on the individual market in NC for owners.
  • Great portal for core payroll functionality.
  • Useful and effective reporting.
  • Company on-boarding blinds spots, huge pain point in year 1 cutover.
  • Loss of history from old payroll provider onto Trinet; no assistance for old payroll provider (not your problem but more consultative guidance would be helpful).
  • Cost competitive
  • Great, usable digital tools
  • Helpful accessible staff; great as a small company
Read Patrick Shaw's full review
Chris Dominguez | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 03, 2020

Teamwork and Communication = HAPPY PEOPLE

TriNet is our PEO. Everyone throughout the company uses and benefits from their services. We use them for payroll, benefits, limited training, and HR support. Their staff has been helpful in assisting our staff with their health care plans and some staff has utilized employee assistance and legal services.
  • Payroll processing is done well. They send out reminders and are quick to assist with questions.
  • Training needs to be improved. Very limited in training sources. Webinars are good, but there is no follow up with material as promised. Example: They would tell you it is not necessary to take notes, they will send the Powerpoint, but they do not. Somewhat frustrating.
  • More training courses would be welcomed and most helpful.
  • Improvement on benefit packages that are offered. Our employees complain that we should have more selections. The cost of the benefits is high for our small company with under 30 employees.
Best suited if you are a small company and need to be able to offer better benefits and employee assistance programs. Not good for a company that is looking to be handheld and relying on TriNet for all or the majority of the HR work. Not suited for a large company that would like to offer more extensive services and benefits.
Read Chris Dominguez's full review
Dennis Kause | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 29, 2019

Small businesses value TriNet

We use TriNet for payroll processing and HR for all employees that work in our single location manufacturing lab in Santa Ana, CA. Our company does not have any health benefits for the employees. We process payroll on the 15th and last day of each month. I am a single user that imports timesheet hours for payroll processing.
  • Provided a very simple import facility allowing me to collect timesheet hours in an Excel file and easily upload a CSV file to TriNet.
  • Customer support is outstanding. Never has an item required more than 1 call to answer any questions that I may have.
  • I've not used the reporting very much, but I did find it hard to generate specific reports to help an employee get details on specific periods.
  • I was going to offer a potential feature to capture 1099 details, but such is now mute with CA's AB-5 that goes into effect 1/1/2020.
TriNet is well suited for small blue-collar manufacturing companies that do not have their own true accounting office and HR capabilities.
Read Dennis Kause's full review
Lori Szalay | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 19, 2019

Life is easier with TriNet!

TriNet is used across our organization. We use TriNet for our employee benefits, vacation requests, payroll and HR support. They have helped us address employee issues as well as determining our benefit package and its costs.
  • Their payroll system is fairly easy to understand and the staff is quick in responding to any questions or when you need guidance on how to enter items outside of the norm.
  • Assigning specific staff to your account helps develop relationships. They are generally quick to respond to inquiries.
  • Their website can be difficult although the new portal is much easier than the old. I find the reports function to be difficult.
  • TriNet Expense is a feature we are anxious to learn more about. The webinar for that was very fast and superficial. Need more details and assistance in setting it up. The normal help line is not well equipped to deal with these issues.
TriNet is well suited for small organizations such as ours where we do not have a full HR department. I think in a larger corporation with a well established and large HR department, it would not be necessary or at least not all of the functions would be necessary.
Read Lori Szalay's full review
Luis Doro | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 13, 2019

Keep it simple with Trinet.

It´s used to process the payroll of our US workers. The financial department uses it. No problems address so far.
  • Implementation of payroll
  • Help the reimbursement of expenses
  • Advice on labor matters
  • Some reports are not easy to find
TriNet provides excellent support on the onboarding of new employees as well to pay to the workers on due time, Perhaps in terms of legal and fiscal obligations with the payroll is a line of work that I feel it can be improved in the future to provide proper feedback on these matters.
Read Luis Doro's full review
Robin Silva | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 03, 2020

Very Satisfied

It is our payroll processing company as well as our HR advisors and health care group insurance provider.
  • Mostly very responsive to questions
  • Knowledgeable about HR Issues
  • Promptness of working on terminations
  • Providing the right number of posters
Overall efficiency of processing payroll and reporting. As stated, the termination process is too long. The time to be able to terminate an employee is way too long and the system to do it is not very clear.
Read Robin Silva's full review
Kimberly Schick | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 27, 2020

TriNet Review

TriNet is used throughout our entire organization. We have 6 companies using TriNet currently.
  • Payroll is great and very easy to process.
  • PTO is easy to use, our employees and managers love the ease of it and the email notifications.
  • My payroll admin from TriNet is very attentive to me and replies to my questions in a timely manner.
  • Allowing the Admin User Company to correct PTO in the system directly and not relying on TriNet to correct the starting balances.
  • Allowing the Admin User Company to enter deductions into the system directly and not relying on TriNet to do it.
We have used TriNet for almost 15 years and we have grown with them. They keep the benefits pricing down so our employees have better choices to pick from.
Read Kimberly Schick's full review
LEE SMITH | TrustRadius Reviewer

TriNet Review

We use TriNet to process our payroll and be our HR and Benefits provider.
  • The timekeeping module and mobile application is a big plus for us.
  • Benefit selection was an easy understandable process for me.
  • The payroll is a bit restrictive. I couldn't seem to get my first PR Rep to understand a deduction I needed for the company officer on the payroll. I gave up then was shortly transferred to a new rep. I haven't brought up the issue again.
  • Currently not using the Paid Time off module. I was given 2 choices and have not chosen either yet. I am still approving time off internally, but the application on the paychecks works fine.
TriNet is suited to those medium-sized companies that want a full-service payroll and human resource provider.
The price point may be an issue for some smaller companies that are doing without and will continue to do without.
Read LEE SMITH's full review
James Plutchak | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 01, 2019

TriNet review

Across the whole organization. Payroll and benefits being managed in one location is very useful. The online access for each individual makes it simple for them to manage their payroll deductions and benefits. The electronic filing of the I-9 is really nice to not to have to store them locally. The 3rd party expense report tracking is very helpful.
  • Payroll accuracy
  • I-9 Service
  • 401k integration with TransAmerica
  • Expense report tracking
  • The payroll reports have a custom report feature that I have been unable to figure out how to use.
  • I would like material about the benefits that we can provide to prospective new hires.
Well suited for companies that don't want to build a large HR dept. We are able to have one individual be the point person and then have the employees contact TriNet. Nice to have a 3rd party and takes the pressure off the individual that is the point person. Seems to come better from someone outside the organization. The cost savings on the benefits was twice the cost of the service.
Read James Plutchak's full review
R K Polster | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 29, 2019

Great Company to Work With

We use it for purchasing and managing health benefits for the whole organization.
  • Customer Service
  • Rapid response time
  • Website information is well done
  • Yearly sign-ups and renewals could be a bit more user-friendly.
  • For a very small business such as ours, the administrative costs are high.
Access to varied health benefit plans that would not be accessible otherwise.
Read R K Polster's full review
Natalie Asanti | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 29, 2019

TriNet: TeamHR

TriNet is being used as the PEO provider, administrating HR and payroll functions across the organization. The payroll application is used to process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll periods. We use HR services to facilitate company policies and procedures. We also use HR services to assist with employee performance management. We currently use the PTO tracking tool to help manage employee PTO days. The mobile app is a great tool that has given staff an enhanced experience by having personnel information readily available on their mobile devices.
  • The mobile app: this is a strength because it gives employees the connectivity they are used to getting with other applications.
  • PTO tracking: this is a strength in that is provides visibility to employees so they can better manage and plan their time out of the office for vacations, etc.
  • Human Capital Partner support: this is a strength because it gives the user a sense of comfort knowing that as issues arise, there is a partner there available to work through the problems whether they are system issues or business issues.
  • Reporting: standard payroll reports are not intuitive. However, I have not spent much time with the new Workforce Analytics Reporting tool.
We are a small company, however, I believe TriNet has helped to streamline the payroll process and save time with processing.
Read Natalie Asanti's full review
Barry Meyer MD | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 28, 2019

TriNet is outstanding in satisfying all of our HR needs!

TriNet is used throughout our organization to address all of our HR needs.
  • Handles our payroll.
  • Assists us in policy development.
  • TriNet has always satisfied our HR needs. We have not identified any missing functionality or issues.
TriNet is particularly suited to handle all of our HR needs, keep us apprised of pertinent new laws and assisting us in HR policy development.
Read Barry Meyer MD's full review
Nancy Palmer | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 16, 2019

Benefits of TriNet

We have about 7 employees and use TriNet for our payroll needs. It addresses health benefits, workers compensation insurance, cost breakdowns, W-2 and tax reporting. It is very beneficial.
  • Payroll tax reporting-very seamless
  • Customer service-very responsive and accommodating
  • Data input for payroll-maybe a differant format for input vacation, OT etc
  • Would be nice if admin could input employee direct deposit and w-2 information
Great for payroll taxes, cost reporting and detailed reports, wonderful customer service
Read Nancy Palmer's full review
Joanne Arnold | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 13, 2019

Find the best in payroll

We use TriNet for all our payroll and human resources for the whole organization.
  • They communicate extremely well
  • All problems are resolved in a timely basis
  • The only problem I have come across is when they change to the new payroll reporting system and they continue to make changes to the system.
  • Some of the new reporting for I-9 is confusing to new employees.
TriNet is well suited to our company because they are easy to communicate with and our payroll specialist has the best personality and knowledge of payroll and she handles any problems we have efficiently.
Read Joanne Arnold's full review
Nick Sucan | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

TriNet is an excellent company

We use TriNet to handle payroll and human resources. We use it across our U.S. based company. It helps that TriNet has coverage over the entire country.
  • TriNet has a great support staff on their 800 number.
  • The account reps are very accessible.
  • TriNet offers workshops for HR managers to attend.
  • TriNet sometimes does not have all the functionality that are needed like OSHA.
I think that TriNet is great for smaller businesses. The website is very useful.
Read Nick Sucan's full review
Rena Martinez | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 06, 2019

It's all good

We use it in our USA office for Payroll and benefits enrollment.
  • Auto Payroll Submission- nice to not have to go in and manually enter salary employee payroll every 2 weeks.
  • Good benefit options. Helpful for a small company.
  • Advice on tax or legal things
The payroll and benefits are easy to use and simple to understand. No large use for it (in our company) aside from that.
Read Rena Martinez's full review
Charles Zube | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 01, 2019

End BS Offers Competitive Compensation

We use TriNet as our provider for HR, benefits, 401K and payroll.
  • Payroll service through TriNet are a breeze.
  • Our HR consultant Nancy Sindi is a great supporter and trusted adviser.
  • The platform for employees signing up for benefits is trouble free for us as a company.
  • I enjoy phone conversations working through questions and issues, there are times we have been referred to the online system to root out solutions on our own. As a service company we understand personal contact and never direct our customers to figure something out on their own.
Start ups looking for a competitive compensation package should look to TriNet.
Read Charles Zube's full review
Barbara Salvanto | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 25, 2019

TriNet will save time, and is particularly good for organizations without an HR Dept.

We use TriNet across the whole org. I would say we are a full-service client. We mostly use TriNet for payroll and HR issues.
  • The response of my rep is very quick. Even if she doesn't have the answer, she will respond to let you know she's working on getting it.
  • It's hard to say where improvement is needed. When my rep has to reach out to other departments for answers, the wait can be too long. However, I don't know what those other depts are.
I don't have any comments here.
Read Barbara Salvanto's full review
March 10, 2020

Not Worth the Cash and Time - Beware Small Businesses

TriNet is a PEO service that we use for all aspects of our company's HR functions.
  • Benefits options are very good with many options for choice on dental and vision.
  • Transition services from your current system is a nightmare. They are not well equipped to do this well.
  • If you are a government contractor and all of the rules and regs that go with that, this PEO is NOT for you.
  • Customer service is laughable.
  • The TriNet timekeeping system and its integration back into their payroll platform is terrible and that is being generous.
TriNet was highly rated online and, as a publicly-traded company, seemed to have the bona fides that we were searching for. Unfortunately, there has not been one element of this firm that has been worth the very high premium that we pay for services.

As a small government contractor, we were searching for a firm that could take the many hours we spent handling these issues off of our owners' plate. However, even though we pay a fee that is equivalent to a full time employee, we are still handling payroll integrations, healthcare signups and payments, FSA, 401K signups and withholds and so many other things. In fact, between all of the TriNet errors, employee complaints/questions, and still having to manage all of these programs that we pay TriNet to manage, we actually spend more time now than before handling HR issues. And if that is not bad enough, the customer service is horrible. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY.

Employee demographic data (271)
Employment history (302)
Job profiles and administration (286)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (351)
Organizational charting (245)
Organization and location management (240)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (326)
Pay calculation (460)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Benefit plan administration (468)
Direct deposit files (432)
Salary revision and increment management (374)
Reimbursement management (223)
Approval workflow (232)
Balance details (286)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (224)
View and generate pay and benefit information (441)
Update personal information (452)
View company policy documentation (382)
Employee recognition (121)
View job history (318)
Tracking of all physical assets (1)
Report builder (302)
Pre-built reports (354)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (171)
6.6
New hire portal (375)
Manager tracking tools (215)
Corporate goal setting (39)
Individual goal setting (42)
Line-of sight-visibility (40)
Performance tracking (41)
Performance plans (79)
5.9
Performance improvement plans (78)
6.2
Review status tracking (75)
Review reminders (79)
5.7
Multiple review frequency (3)
Candidate ranking (1)
Candidate search (30)
6.3
Candidate development (27)
Job Requisition Management (30)
Company Website Posting (1)
5.5
Publish to Social Media (24)
6.6
Job Search Site Posting (32)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (1)
Applicant Tracking (34)
Notifications and Alerts (38)

About TriNet

TriNet provides small and medium size businesses (SMBs) with full-service HR solutions tailored by industry. The vendor aims to free SMBs from HR complexities by offering access to human capital expertise, benefits, risk mitigation and compliance, payroll and real-time technology. From Main Street to Wall Street, TriNet's goal is to empower SMBs to focus on what matters most—growing their business.