My review of Kayako Fusionhttps://www.trustradius.com/help-deskKayakoUnspecified4.2381012014-07-29T15:12:18.391Z
July 29, 2014
My review of Kayako Fusion
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Kayako
It is being used as the US HQ help desk system. All trouble tickets for all departments go through this system to the appropriate IT professional to resolve. The previous system was poor at routing the trouble tickets to the appropriate person to resolve it, and Kayako Fusion ended up being far more reliable and customizable.
- Customer service while installing and troubleshooting the application was excellent.
- Plenty of customization options while still retaining a simple to use and easily understandable UI for the end users.
- Very fast and reliable response time from the application.
- Customizing the UI is difficult to accomplish.
- The transition from SupportSuite to Fusion was difficult for the users initially, even though Fusion is the upgrade for SupportSuite.
- Learning curve was a bit steep for non-technical users.
- Faster and more reliable ticket response times.
- Less customization up front allows the company to grow with the software rather then assume what they want upfront and hope that they end up using their customizations.
- Reliable and stable software enables administrators to focus on improvements rather than general health of the system.
I choose Fusion over OTRS because of the simple nature of the set up and management of Fusion. OTRS required a lot of initial setup and the company was looking for a reliable base system to build onto over time rather than a complex help desk system up front. If you are looking for a help desk system that you can put a lot of time into customizing to your preference, OTRS is a good option. If you want something reliable and easy to set up initially, I would recommend Fusion instead.
I am no longer working for the same company that was using Fusion, but I really liked working with Fusion and the setup and administration of the system was all-around positive for me. I would suggest the system to anyone looking to get their help desk up and running quickly, but would also like the oiption of expanding it in the future as the business learns what demands it has for the new software.
It is suitable when you want a reliable, fast responding help desk system that doesn't need a lot of customization in order to get it working. It is also helpful when your users are somewhat technically minded or willing to go through a bit of training in order to get up to speed on the product.