Overall Satisfaction with Kronos Workforce Ready
It is being used for:
- Timekeeping system for the union fed to payroll and general ledger labor distribution.
- Maintaining payroll for our complicated union rules and schedules.
We plan to utilize it for temporary employees along with union employees to track time and labor to see who is onsite in event of a plant evacuation. We are in the process of setting up supervisors to manage the scheduling portion of their department and approving time. The main goal of implementation was to replace outdated software and hardware, and non-IT involvement with software changes and maintenance.
- Hardware is extremely durable. I was nervous about putting touch screens out on the mill floor. It was fairly flexible as far as programming and future changeability.
- Software is easy to use once the pattern and setup is completed. Quick lookups and ability to dump information out into an Excel or pdf format to a user is ideal.
- We have very complicated and changing union contract and rules. Most of the rules were able to be accommodated or at least [there is] a manual workaround.
- Interface to ADP was just a matter of testing with the consultant to know where to map and summarize data and when to leave in detail. Much easier to utilize then the old Connect product.
- Consultant, setup and implementation projections and timelines were not met. We were at 4 times the amount of what was projected. Upper management doing the projections was not considering how tough our contract was. Actual consultant only had one hour a week to spend with us on what was known to be a very complex implementation.
- IT resources not having to maintain legacy servers and time clock hardware. Largest objective accomplished.
- Controlling overtime spend. Who is cheating the system?
- Payroll accuracy, means happy employees.
- Track attendance for incentives.
- ADP eTime
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
- Third-party Reviews
If you are just tracking time, the system works wonderfully. The hardware is very well designed.
But we are actually tracking time and labor which complicated the setup. Setup was done completely by a consultant and we will rely on KGS to get us through any major contract changes. It may take someone a long time getting KGS up to speed for the changes we may need to make.