Fun with Kronos
Updated April 12, 2017
Fun with Kronos
Score 5 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Kronos Workforce Ready
Like I have said before, they don't always get back to you in a timely manner and they are not really trained with KPS.
Kronos Workforce Ready is being used by the whole organization for Time and Attendance and Payroll. We decided to go with Kronos because we needed a company that was ready to comply with CMS regarding the PBJ. The last company we were with decided not to implement anything with PBJ even though it is federal guidelines and any nursing home has to comply.
- Their implementation team did a good job of staying on task and walking us through the projects.
- Their reporting tool is easier to work with as compared to others I have used.
- They just started offering the service that we are using where a third party takes care of all of our tax needs and W-2 and 1099. We have cut down on staff and this is extremely helpful.
- Once you get out of implementation and have problems, you cannot talk to anyone other than someone in customer support and quite frankly they are not very familiar with the new KPS.
- When I ask questions between APS and Kronos, there is a lot of finger pointing and it is never either's fault. That is very frustrating.
- I have been dealing with a couple problems (bills not coming to me and vendor payments for quite a while and still do not have an answer). When I have a problem, I need an answer right away.
- I do not like using the customer support because it could be a day or two later before you get a call back.
- I know that at this time we are not using Kronos to its full potential so that question is hard to answer. We are using it exactly like we were using the previous payroll software and in that sense it is working great. We have only been with Kronos since June, so eventually we will start adding in additional modules and functionality.
- Like I have said before, it is hard to get some things resolved as no one wants to take the credit or blame when you have KPS (APS or Kronos).
I have been hearing about Kronos since I started in this business 27 years ago and was very excited to finally be able to purchase Kronos services. I have been less than wowed. The implementation went well until we got to the end and there was a very sharp cut off time and after I started using it alone, there were things that I wanted to go back and ask the implementation team but was not able to do so. When I logged a case, they were not able to help because the implementation team had done some work arounds for us and they were the only ones that could answer those questons. I never did get answers on some of those questions that I had. So I was very disappointed. There should be some time after implementation time where you are still able to communicate with team through emails and not have to go to customer support.
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
It was price and the availability of being able to produce reports for PBJ. Those were the 2 biggest factors.
UKG Ready (formerly Kronos Workforce Ready) Feature Ratings
Kronos Workforce Ready Reliability
We were always told that Kronos was the best, but there are reports that we got out of ADP and other payroll providers that we cannot get out of Kronos. One example is a report of Productive/Non-productive hours by department. We also need the dollar amount associated with the hours. This is information that is required on our cost report and we were told that that report is unavailable. It is very frustrating when I can't get what I need.