Powerful and colorful
June 01, 2022
Powerful and colorful
Program Manager in Product ManagementComputer Software Company, 201-500 employees
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Lucidchart
Most functions are intuitive, but some areas are not: 1) Fighting against overlapping handles to revise an arrow vs. creating an additional arrow; 2) Knowing what text is highlighted and being able to delete one word at a time or an entire shape label; 3) Choosing the infinite canvas page setting.
We use Lucidchart to provide visual representations of process flows between internal teams and clients. We are able to represent these process flows using Lucidchart's standard flowchart shapes, text labels, swim lanes, and color coding, which is more easily digestible for many people than the text-based tables we also use.
- Swim lanes differentiate stakeholder roles
- Color-coding of shapes makes flowcharts more clear visually
- Snap to shapes and grids makes constructing flowcharts easier
- Selecting, altering, and moving arrows can be tough because some handles overlap with the red dots for creating additional arrows.
- Not having the 'infinite canvas' option under page settings requires some digging to find
- More clarity in process flow
- More clarity in stakeholder responsibility
- More accountability between teams
Do you think Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite's feature set?
Did Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Lucid Visual Collaboration Suite again?
I have found Lucidchart most valuable when creating more complex flowcharts within the swim lane design because it allows me to show not just a process, but also which teams are responsible for which steps in the process and what dependencies exist throughout the flow. I also appreciate being able to show multiple flows after a decision point.