I use M-Files to manage all of my business and personal documents. Everything from quotes, RFPs, orders, invoices, emails, resumes, job descriptions, agreements to contracts and more. With M-Files I can easily find anything I need just by entering any of the stored metadata tags or anything from the contents into the search box. I also can create custom Views that act as a "saved search" giving me quick access to pertinent groups of documents filtering out all of the metadata properties and sorting them anyway that I want. I also use M-Files OCR module to turn all my paper docs into fully searchable PDFs. I use their Reporting Module to create reports showing me graphical statistics about the content that I have in my M-Files Vault.
- Very easy to use
- Tightly integrated with Windows Explorer and the MS Office suite, there are M-Files functional buttons inside Word, Excel, PPT and Outlook
- I can access my information from anywhere using their Web browser and also via my iPhone using their Mobile Client downloaded from the App Store
- Their prices are perfect for a small business
- Their Mobile Browser could be improved to allow more functionality, I am told this is coming out in a soon to be released update.
- It would be nice to be able to put annotations onto PDFs like drawings, I am told this is also coming out before the end of 2014
- I estimate that I save 20% of my total work time by not having to search for files and paper documents using my old folder structure and file cabinets
I really did not evaluate any other products because M-Files met all my requirements and was very highly recommended by various web sites like TopTenReviews and also by Gartner and Forrester.
I can renew for only 25% of my license cost and keep getting new versions and access to their tech support. If I did not renew though, I think that I could be successful just using the current version I have for many years.
It is my opinion that M-Files can benefit even the smallest business all the way up to a Fortune 100 company. Their price was not a barrier to me deciding to purchase and I was able to get up and running in just a few hours. I did it all myself because my needs were simple, but they offer full consultancy services to design and configure your vault to your requirements.