It's so easy that business people can do it (but don't let them do it alone)!
Overall Satisfaction with M‑Files
We have implemented M-Files as a service management system for service business and quotation management system for capex projects. This solution covers service agreements, service work management and reporting of service activities for customers and invoicing. Customers' install base of service agreement lines is included. All capex quotations are included with classification information. Already decided further development includes project document management and customer document distribution.
- Defining and implementing data requirements with business people is very flexible
- Defining and implementing business workflows is very flexible
- Document management is efficient
- Creating simple views in M-Files is easy but with increasing data complexity also creation of views becomes complex.
- M-Files has competent people but their support processes can be enhanced.
- User interface could be more user friendly.
- Structured and unified reporting of service activities.
- Structured and unified reporting of sales activities.
- One tool, several business applications.
- ERP integration for work numbers and work hour reporting, invoicing and salaries.
- AD integration for employee information and access rights
- Email integration for customer correspondence.
M‑Files Feature Ratings
- Field service tasks & management
- Quotation management
- Project management
- We have not started to use M-Files as document management system but as an application platform. We utilize metadata, workflows and integrations.
Evaluating M‑Files and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Third-party professional services
Problems get solved
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Metadata, or creating data sets for any business objects you might need
- Workflows, e.g. creating quotation and getting approval for it
- Connecting metadata content to Office documents
- Views to metadata, or business objects
- Calculations like in excel or in reporting.
- Complex views connecting data from different meta data cards