March 18, 2020
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with M‑Files
Our company currently has three different M-Files vaults. One of which is designed for the whole organization but the two others are for a specific department in our company. I'm currently in charge of one of our vaults which address the management and update of our supplier's documents and approval processes.
- Increased compliance with requirements from authorities.
- Less manual work.
- Expensive system development, most features were not included in the first definition phase and had to be done as a separate change management task.
- Dynamics 365 and Noventia.
- Automated data collection and decrease on manual labour.
- Workflows and approval process.
M-Files is well suited for document management and updating. It has good and extensive workflows and reminders. However, it is not visual on easy to learn (self-direction) and therefore users need extensive training even for simple tasks. Best systems are those that you can learn just by opening them and having a look. M-Files is not one of those systems. If you don't possess a certain type of engineer's logic it is super hard to learn to use and navigate through the system.