Overall Satisfaction with Magento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento)
We use Magento for 3 eCommerce sites on a single Magento platform. We sell parts and accessories for 3 brands. Currently, there are 3 users inside the tool and the business is managing mostly front-end changes. We go to IT for almost all changes outside of adding products, changing product information, running promotions via coupon codes and changing banners. We chose Magento for its flexibility and add-ons.
- Tons of add-ons available.
- Backend customization.
- Ability to choose a pre-defined template.
- Too complex for business users, requires IT for a lot of changes.
- Reporting tools are not great, can't customize as much as we need.
- Email template customization is too complex, lots of specialized code is required to render properly.
- We've spent a lot of money on the resources used on IT for even simple tasks.
- We are able to create promotions applied to all products, this has helped increase revenue a bit, our last application did not have it.
- More robust reporting is a requirement from most business, this eventually affects our ROI.
This is a great tool for people that have a lot of experience coding and a lot of resources dedicated to the back-end customization. For a business user though, it is not intuitive and is a pretty big headache since we are required to go to IT so much. The marketplace can be a great place to find add-ons, but you have to be careful there as well. There are add-ons that are no longer supported by developers, so you can choose some that render useless.