Reviews (1-25 of 41)
- Complete integration with the Salesforce ecosystem. Data displayed in your Community portal reflects records from a Sales Cloud organization
- Highly customizable. A Community Cloud portal can be totally customized both visually and with different funcionalities with little to no coding skills required
- Initial configuration can be quite overwhelming for unexperienced users due to the large number of customization options
- As a SaaS solution, speed and stability might present surprises as it's not directly under the control of the system manager
- Salesforce provides a good user experience that's potentially customizable to fit the customer service needs mold (upon review).
- The recording of incoming emails is really helpful in letting the business know how to organize the priority of people on the call floor for our company.
- It'd be nice to have a generic email be sent out that represents what was being dialogued with the CX instead of the generic, "you haven't responded in a while" email.
- Sometimes the macros don't work or are buggy and can take a multitude of attempts to make it work.
- The case merging system works only about a guesstimated 75% of the time for me.
- Error Messaging - Community users see 'We can’t upload your photo right now. Please wait a few minutes and try again' when attempting to upload Profile image
- Speed of access on occaisions as its a SaaS application
- Issues with integration at times
Its well suited to be utilized as an online space for employees and partners to share info and collaborate with immediate access via browser i.e. SaaS application.
From a branding perspective, also very useful to brand ans personalize the user experience providing a UI that is personalized and easy to navigate through.
Can be used internally an intranet type solution to engage with internal employees allowing integration to Salesforce Chatter and other Salesforce app like Sales and Marketing Cloud. Additionally, collaborating with 3rd parties such as partners (as we do) to share info that filter back in to our Salesforce Sales and Marketing Cloud.
I see more benefit compared to writing any cons of the product. Just ensure you have strong NBN internet connection when accessing the SaaS application.
We use this for our partner
portal. It has been heavily customized to reflect our brand and extend our
online community experience. Their is an environment in play whereby our
partners utilize this and can also log and register any business leads that
automatically integrate to Salesforce Sales and Marketing Cloud. This can also
be done via mobile anywhere, from any device. Partners can access the
community through the Salesforce mobile app or from any mobile browser.
Primarily used to grow our partner sales and relationships and also empower
employees internally and externally.
- The hierarchy feature is great for showing related accounts & sub-accounts. This makes it easy to address all issues under a common grouping of accounts when speaking to a customer.
- The chatter feature is extremely useful for alerting coworkers that their attention is needed on a specific case or work order. This sends an email to the person which includes your note to them.
- The search feature in Salesforce is great. You can search by work order number, customer number, customer name, contact name, among many other things. It is very easy to find what you are looking for.
- Certain packages offered by Salesforce Community Cloud have an odd "shared success" payment model that may not be suitable for all companies.
- A large number of features available may be overwhelming for new users.
- Customizable UI with the ability for design.
- Easy to use plugins to customize your page fully without any code.
- Connected to the internal database.
- Great drag-and-drop functionality, but more difficult to control without fully coding the page.
- I would like more functionality around knowledge articles.
- I would like an easier way to adjust the log-in page and options.
- Shows real-time updates.
- It allows for separate governance plans.
- It can be used widely across an organization, simply.
- Easy to use interface.
- The document hierarchy and storage was difficult to navigate at times.
- Accessing the community dashboard was tough as it is hidden in the back-end.
- Out of the box layout, not as much customization as we would have liked.
- Great at providing a flexible web based portal for known users linked into the Salesforce CRM.
- Super for dealing with knowledge base and providing support for the community users from the single Salesforce knowledge repository and without the need for people support.
- Honestly I don't think the way we have Community Cloud set up it is very good at anything... looking up cases is a challenge.
- Responding to cases is a challenge - too many fields repeated in different fonts all over the place.
- The knowledge base UI looks like it is from the 1990s.
- Ditto from previous screen - UX is terrible.
- Knowledge base search is very poor.
- No metrics available within knowledge base search.
- Tracks and allows follow-ups.
- Makes it easy to use from any location.
- Syncs with Outlook so your emails are automatically logged to the accounts.
- Deleting accounts but I believe this is a permissions fix.
- Streamlined all information into one spot.
- Allowed our team to keep up with what was going on with our customers and partner ecosystems.
- Definitely experienced some bugs saving information.
- Lag time when loading between pages was rare, but did happen on several occasions.
- Enables Stronger Business Relationships
- Creates Brand Identity
- Facilitates Personalized Digital Experiences
- None that come to mind - integrations, experience, and use is great! However, if you're trying to learn it yourself, you may benefit from consulting an expert. Or, if you're wondering if it's good for you, a business analysis will suit you well before you implement to save yourselves, time, money, efforts, and even people.
- Lightning is a robust and forward development platform.
- Access to Salesforce and objects are simple and quick.
- The speed to developing and deploying are very streamlined.
- The development stack requires a decent amount of experience.
- The guide rails for system limits would be a little better if shared with development.
- Known issues are not shared as often, unless a problem is presented.
- Visualizes the performance of a team
- Tracks all customer/prospect engagements
- Enables easy communication between departments on the statuses of clients
- Reporting functionality has quite a learning curve to set up
- Sometimes SO many features that I'm overwhelmed and miss out on relevant ones
- Can be a burden to update at times
- Easy to build interface for internal and external constituents
- Adaptable Lightning components make field visibility and security easy to manage on the page layout
- Security of data is important and the native Salesforce log-in requirements for all users (external and internal) ensures data integrity
- The designer elements are sometimes incapable with some browsers and devices.
- Heavy graphics or design elements can cause page loading to be slow
- The Community Cloud designer requires a thorough understanding of underlying data elements and design standards.
- It helps customers, partners, and employees to share information and help each other find answers.
- Community cloud deepens the relationships with customers by giving the opportunity to provide better service by enabling customers to find information and assist each other.
- Easy to build different communities for different purposes.
- Pricing for communities is really high.
- Time for loading a community page is a little more.
- Cache in the browser causes problem when loading communities.
- It has a lot of features baked in that are ready to go out of the box which should satisfy most use cases.
- It can be relatively easily customized to meet the individual needs of a company without giving too much ability to poorly build it.
- Integrates well with the rest of an existing Salesforce org if you have one.
- Users will already be familiar with the UI if they're using Salesforce for other reasons.
- You need to build Visualforce pages for any functionality beyond the very standard stuff.
- It doesn't have any "forum" style capability out of the box which is what we were looking to create.
- Depending on how you want to use it, it could require a lot of extra user licenses which can cost money.
- The cost of running community cloud when you consider where you want to grow the community could quickly grow.
Salesforce Community Cloud Scorecard Summary
About Salesforce Community Cloud
Community Cloud is an online forum powered by Salesforce that enables businesses to connect with their employees, customers, partner organizations, and prospects. Designed to help facilitate communication and information sharing, customers can ask questions and request help, administrators can integrate data from third-party apps, and employees can collaborate across projects and tasks.
Companies can also customize their community interface to reflect their own branding. Community Cloud is also accessible via mobile application.
Salesforce Community Cloud Integrations
Salesforce Community Cloud Technical Details