Overall Satisfaction with Marin Software
Marin Software is being used by the Paid Search department. It is used for two of the largest pay per click clients to manage daily tasks such as bid adjustments and negative keywords. It is also used more in depth to track conversions for the clients and for reporting uses, such as monthly and quarterly.
- Marin Software provides an in depth analysis of the account across all levels. Users can determine where search metrics came from based on device level, campaign level, keyword level and more. This is a strength for Marin Software because it allows users to find all the data it needs on an easy to use user interface.
- Marin Software successfully tracks conversions for the account. If the tracking codes are implemented correctly the user can find all the data they need from any conversion point they want. This is a strength for Marin Software because this is a solution that a lot of other paid search software don't offer.
- Marin Software allows the user to set up alerts based on activity in the account. For example, if the user wants a notification every time revenue drops they can set that up in the user interface. This is a strength for Marin Software because this solution allows the user to be on top of their account at all times.
- Marin Software could better implement the tracking code notifications so that the user knows they were implemented correctly. However, the user should be double checking on their work so this is a minor need for improvement.
- Marin Software could better implement pulling reports in the user interface. Sometimes it is hard to pull dates using the reporting tool.
- Marin Software could create more consistency between the tabs.
- Marin Software has provided a positive impact for our overall business objectives regarding increased employee efficiency. It allows each employee to make more informed decisions for the account as well as double/triple check their account set up.
- Marin Software has provided a positive impact for our overall business objectives regarding client engagement. We have been able to keep our clients more informed and in return they have provided valuable information for the account.
- Marin Software has provided a positive impact for our overall business objectives regarding account accuracy. We are able to tell more specifically where search metrics such as conversions are coming from which has had a positive impact on our account.
Marin Software stacks the highest against all the above listed products. It provides significant amounts of data for the account all in an easy to use user interface. While Acquisio provides a better KPI tool Marin provides more details at a faster rate. When using multiple channels such as Google and Bing, Marin makes it easier to pull all that information together.
Our company uses Marin Software multiple times a day. Our client is very satisfied with the information we give them from Marin Software. If we stopped using Marin Software as frequently or lost our two largest clients we might consider not renewing due to cost. However, the cost of Marin Software is justified with all the useful information we obtain.
It is well suited for a colleague with large clients. I would not recommend it to a colleague who had clients that spent less than $50,000 minimum a month. There is no benefit to having it for smaller clients because it gives a lot of information that would not be relevant to them. Marin Software provides an excellent FAQ so once you start with the software it can answer most of your questions. I'd also highly recommend taking the certification courses to fully understand the software.
Using Marin Software
6 - A majority are Paid Search Associates who perform the daily tasks and account management. A Paid Search Manager uses it to track ROI as well as keep up to date on employees' findings. Lastly, one of the clients has an onsite specialist who uses Marin Software to keep up to date with our company's performance.
5 - To support Marin Software the user must have a decent amount of knowledge regarding paid search to understand the data given, The user must also have a little bit of knowledge about coding for action items such as implementing tracking codes. If the user does not have this skill at least someone in the company must. The user must be able to adapt to new software.
- Daily campaign management such as bid adjustments and negative keywords
- Conversion tracking - one or multiple points
- Return on Investment
- To track multiple conversion points across Google and Bing.
- To determine which devices are successful and if we should continue use or not
- To raise spend year over year
- To develop KPIs across the account
- On smaller clients to ensure we are spending their money in the correct way
- For keyword expansion and search query performance reports to determine which search queries are pulling in conversions.
Evaluating Marin and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Vendor Reputation
- Analyst Reports
The most important factor was product features. We needed a software that allowed us to get all the data we needed in an easy to use platform. If Marin Software did not allow us to track conversions we would have sadly had to decide against purchasing it. The product features that Marin Software has makes the cost insignificant.
We thought pretty hard behind the evaluation and selection process to decide which software to go with. The only thing I would change is based on timing. More products have come out that do similar things. If we hadn't spent so many years with Marin Software I would suggest at least evaluating other products.
As I said previously I would just highly recommend everyone being hands on during implementation to make sure everyone knows how to use the product. Marin Software does an excellent job with training and answering questions so this is not a significant insight however it makes the process easier in the long run.
- Implemented in-house
Change management was a big part of the implementation and was well-handled - We hadn't been using any software prior to Marin Software so change management was a big part in the implementation process. We had to dedicate someone specifically to process Marin Software. The major lesson we learned was that the one dedicated person knew the software extremely well while the rest of us had to still learn it. I would recommend everyone learning as they switch to Marin Software.
- Learning the software
- Transferring large amounts of data
- Determining important KPIs
- Convincing large clients it is worth the expense
I have had mostly successful support from Marin Software with the exception of one individual who I am assuming was new due to their lack of knowledge about the product. I do not hold this against Marin Software significantly because any time I have ever called/emailed with questions I have received help fast and accurately.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
We were trying to determine if we changed the name of our ad groups if it would affect the search metrics. We called Marin Software and within five minutes we had the information we needed to make an informative decision. If they had given us incorrect information it could have severely effected our account,
Marin Software is has a very well designed user interface. There are however a few items in which I mentioned before which make usability more time consuming than anything else. There is nothing on Marin Software that is impossible to use it just takes some time to learn. I highly recommend taking the certification course to learn the ends and outs of the software.
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Lots to learn
- Negative Keyword Research
- Performance Reporting specifically View Builder
- Marin Enterprise Certification
- Conversion Set Up
- Synchronization and Posting