Overall Satisfaction with Meltwater Media Intelligence Platform
The organization used Meltwater as a means to track and follow media stories, organizational coverage, and collect information on the news cycle both locally and nationally. It was used by the Communications Department.
- Track coverage using specific Boolean searches.
- Link to stories and news coverage based on keyword searches.
- Collect stories shared over various platforms and in different media outlets.
- Track coverage trends of organizations, key words, and individuals.
- Search tools are very basic.
- Certain stories and coverage that was found using other search platforms (including a basic Google search) were missed or omitted.
- Provided media hits that were missed by other platforms.
- Helped the organization track coverage trends both nationally and on local levels.
- Was occasionally cumbersome to use and missed results, leading to wasted employee time.
Meltwater is a great platform for organizations and individuals who want something that can supplement other media tracking. It cannot stand alone in this endeavor, and is better suited to support other options. Meltwater is also good at allowing for saved searches and specific tracking of key words or phrases. It works well with basic Boolean search functions.