Very good product, seems simple but still needs training, discipline and effort for best results
Overall Satisfaction with Mendix
- Very flexible, made for bi-modal.
- Very good for digital business, can deliver application at the speed of business.
- Platform-as-a-service allows for simplified support, no delays, possibility to go straight to coding.
- Very good for mobile application development.
- Start small, get experience, ramp up to complex application.
- It seems very easy when Mendix people do it. It takes serious practice to achieve the same level. Better to have an expert to help while learning to be on your own.
- Relatively small company, eager to help but sometimes too stretched.
- Plan accordingly, implementation takes longer than anticipated especially on first projects.
We introduced Mendix after a [failed] attempt with waterfall development methodology. Mendix introduced us to the RADP and we never looked back. It is more flexible, allows rapid development, is easy to present to business users, [and has an] easy connection to BPM. User stories are simpler than building wireframes, and allow for direct working with business users.
Platform as a Service simplifies operations and removes infrastructure upgrades issues and delays.
Very effective for getting apps to market very quickly but also for relatively complex enterprise-grade software using one developer.
Easy to explain to both IT and business users.
Very appropriate for bi-modal work.
It's not magic, it still takes proper analysis, training, and support.
Great for some mobile applications, still lacking in some areas such as offline support.