Overall Satisfaction with Mention
I've used Mention since the early days and they've really come a long way. They're such a great alternative to the insanely expensive guys who do social media monitoring. The enterprise guys will charge 6 figures (at least) and they certainly give a lot, but Mention is a lightweight solution that has pricing listed on their site and will really get you where you need to go if you're trying to monitor your own and competitor social channels and mentions.
- Easy to review found posts
- Easy to setup and start seeing it immediately working
- Great notifications
- They keep getting better at this but this is a hard thing for anyone—and that's monitoring generic names of companies like Delta. It's tough to filter out where someone may be saying "Delta" in a way that doesn't apply to the airline. Again, that's tough for everyone, but they have the same issue.
- It has helped us be kept aware of the latest released by competitors.
- It helped us find a few people interested in our space as they were tweeting about our topic.
We used it to monitor @mentions and regular mentions of our competitors. It's really helpful for monitoring marketing campaigns from someone else. For example, you can see when they launch a new campaign because you'll see all of the retweets/shares and you can prepare for it if need be. You can also get a quick understanding of news that's coming out about your competitors. It's also simply great for monitoring your own brand and ensuring that you know and see lots of convos coming through about your brand and don't miss them.