HootSuite Pro provides access to up to 100 social profiles, and up to 10 enhanced analytics reports. It also provides message archiving and some other optional advanced features like team workflow.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/vG/FW/0EF5XRKQSFWC.JPEGFast, Easy, Affordable, but with LimitationsHootsuite is being used by both my organization as well as a few of my clients for scheduling, reviewing and approving social media posts. Internally, it is only being used by the Media Department. Externally, a few of our immediate stakeholders at client companies are using it. The business problem that is solved is the need to be at a computer at a certain time to post on social channels for a client and am able to schedule large quantities of posts so that i spend less time posting and more time engaging. It also addresses having a formalized review process for clients once we create and upload social media posts, rather than screenshots or some other archaic option.,Setup, including connecting your social media accounts, is easy and intuitive. Scheduling posts is quick and easy once you get the hang of it. I love being able to create different streams of content to monitor, this feature of the dashboard is great for keeping an eye on multiple campaigns and types of accounts at once.,Inability to tag companies or people on LinkedIn is a huge annoyance. Due to time constraints, we've had to eliminate the use of tags for LinkedIn since HootSuite can't do it, and we don't have time to go into the platform, tag, and post at the exact right time. Random errors and temporary ceasing of posting/scheduling function happens at least once a week. Slow to incorporate newer features, such as the lag between Twitter increasing the character limit and Hootsuite recognizing that fact in its post creation.,7,3,It enables me to spend less time worry about posting and I'm able to schedule and walk away. Saves time, which increases productivity. Being unable to tag companies and people on LinkedIn impacts the reach and engagement of my posts, which impacts monthly success, which negatively impacts my social efforts overall. Having an easy, formal review process between us and client is a huge help in saving time for us and the client. Saved time = saved money/productivity.,Oktopost, Falcon.io and Radian6,Brandwatch Analytics, EveryoneSocial, Social Studio, GaggleAMP AmplifyEngage and interact successfully with a social marketing tool that actually plays well with others.My company uses Hootsuite Pro for engaging with customers, growing awareness, building relationships, social listening, and content scheduling and management across 40 networks and 6 different brands. It's used by every member of my team. Hootsuite allows us to schedule ever green content far into the future while still consistently adding time sensitive content whenever its needed. With the scheduling feature, my team is allowed to manage most social network tasks in minimal time- all at glance.,Hootsuite Pro excels with their dashboard organization. For our purposes we do very well with the 20 tabs with ten streams in each tab. This allows us to create different dashboards for specific purposes- its easily customize-able to suit our needs. We are able to group streams by network and/or by brand. Further, it's a snap to monitor influences and track keywords and hashtags as well. Other social media management tools don't allow near as much flexibility. Unlike other social tools, Hootsuite Pro has an extensive app directory that allows brands to include tumblr, blogger, sound cloud, stumble upon, Pinterest via tailwind in their dashboard. Past that, their app directory includes an impressive number of services for further dashboard capabilities and increases productivity options. Popular services such as Trello, Slack, Reddit, Pocket, Flipboard, Dropbox, Evernote, SugarCRM and many, many other services are integrated into the dashboard via apps. Hootsuite Pro can handle a large portion your marketing needs. While Hootsuite offers several packages, marketing bundles, services, and add-ons, to accommodate larger companies at an enterprise level also- - the Pro package is perfect for small to mid-level companies with many features and capabilities at a price that beats the cost of most social media marketing tools available.,When I first began using Hotsuite Pro, the allowed social accounts were unlimited. As their offerings increased, the number of social accounts available to Pro account users dropped to 50. Granted, 50 social networks is more than sufficient for most small companies the number is too small for companies managing multiple brands with multiple profiles. It's perfectly acceptable to offer a package with a 50 profile allotment- most social management tools have limits also. However, those that signed up for the Pro account with unlimited profiles felt a sting when the number was dropped, without warning, to 50. As for us, managing six brands, each with multiple social profiles, and a few of those brands have multiple profiles on the same network to address customer service, sales, and/or vetch. support. For a time, we thought we would need to purchase add-ons to meet our needs. While we love the services, technically the service offers less that what it did when I signed up. Hootsuite Pro only offers one advanced analytics report each month. You can purchase additional reports or build custom reports. However, what's offered isn't sufficient for the allowed social profiles. The analytic capabilities exist in Hootsuite, but the Pro package doesn't offer enough reports to handle extensive analytic reporting needed for future planning. Yes, these are available as add-ons- but the Pro package will never be a stand alone social media marketing tool until more reports are available. In the past, Hootsuite Pro included Linked In Company Pages, and groups as well as individual profiles. Pages and groups are no longer included so. LinkedIn is not covered as well as it once was.,9,5,Thanks to Hootsuite Pro and its long term scheduling capabilities, my team can focus their effort on growing the business and not just mainlining. We have more time and energy for creative marketing development. Hootsuite allows my team to interact with audiences easily. Multiple conversations in one setting saves time and eliminates confusion. This increases workflow and and decreases downtime. Social media marketing and management is easily contained and controlled so there is little fear of falling behind. My team always feels as if they their efforts are productive and not rushed.,Buffer, Sprout Social and Tailwind,Trello, Airtable, OneNote, Bitrix24, TweetDeck, Google AnalyticsHootsuite Pro: The Social Media Manager's FriendI use HootSuite Pro on behalf of my clients to post to their various social media outlets. It allows me to generate multiple posts in one location. It also allows me to effectively pre-schedule social media posts days, weeks, or even months ahead of time. It also allows me to monitor their social media feeds and keep up with other employees who made me posting on their behalf.,HootSuite pro allowed me to post to multiple social media platforms from one location. HootSuite bro allows me to pre-schedule multiple posts days, weeks, or even months ahead of time.,It would be nice if HootSuite bro added more networks such as Pinterest and Snap Chat. It would be really great if HootSuite pro integrated with Facebook messenger. It would be very helpful if Sweet bro integrated with local search Platforms such as Yelp.,8,1,The main return on my investment for sweet bro has been the savings of. For all that it lets me do, It offers Sirius efficiency.,,SharpSpring, SEMRushGreat social media managing toolOur agency has been using HootSuite Pro for about 4 years. The whole organization uses it but mainly my digital marketing team and me. We have issues posting with Instagram through Hootsuite. To do so, you have to download the Hootsuite app on your phone and then post to Instagram through the app. It's complicated and I wish we could do so from a desktop browser.,With HootSuite you can schedule posts ahead of time. It's hard to keep up with social media nowadays, especially if you post a lot for a client (or for yourself) on all different platforms.HootSuite is a great option for people who manage multiple accounts. We're all busy nowadays. You can improve your productivity with Hootsuite which leaves you with time to do other important things for your company and deal with more important matters. FREE for the basic account. The premium account is $19 a month for the basic account for 10 profiles. You can try out premium FREE for a month.,Outdated interface on the website. Old look and feel of the website. It needs to be updated to a more modern look. It's outdated and it gets boring to look at. Some reports cost extra, around $50 Expensive if you have a bigger team,8,5,it has helped us be more productive with our work. we have more time to work on matters that are important for the growth of the business hootsuite has helped up gain more clients because we now have a way to keeping up with the social media accounts that belong to our clients it's a fair price for the amount of work that we use it for,HubSpot,HubSpot, WordPress, SlackHootsuite Pro is great for organizing multiple social accounts for multiple brands.We are using Hootsuite Pro to schedule and manage our social media campaigns for multiple brands.,Scheduling campaigns. Posting to multiple social media accounts. Multiple social media profiles.,The interface can be confusing at times. The pricing is a little on the high end.,7,3,We are still evaluating because we've had a revolving door of social media managers, so there hasn't been someone consistently monitoring.,Adobe Photoshop, WordPress
Hootsuite Pro

Hootsuite Pro Reviews

Hootsuite Pro
Top Rated Award
Filter 441 vetted Hootsuite Pro reviews and ratings
July 03, 2018

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Fast, Easy, Affordable, but with Limitations"

• Setup, including connecting your social media accounts, is easy and intuitive.
  • Scheduling posts is quick and easy once you get the hang of it.
  • I love being able to create different streams of content to monitor, this feature of the dashboard is great for keeping an eye on multiple campaigns and types of accounts at once.
  • Inability to tag companies or people on LinkedIn is a huge annoyance. Due to time constraints, we've had to eliminate the use of tags for LinkedIn since HootSuite can't do it, and we don't have time to go into the platform, tag, and post at the exact right time.
  • Random errors and temporary ceasing of posting/scheduling function happens at least once a week.
  • Slow to incorporate newer features, such as the lag between Twitter increasing the character limit and Hootsuite recognizing that fact in its post creation.
If you're just wading into the world of social monitoring and scheduling and don't want a large investment of time or money, this is a great tool. I consider it a "my first social media management tool." For simple posting, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting, this is a great, inexpensive option.

If you're an advanced user and care about analytics being baked in and not piecemeal per report you pay for, then you might be better served looking elsewhere. The cost structure of reporting here by a number of reports and by the number of things you want to measure isn't ideal. I'd rather pay for analytics as a whole and pull whatever I want.
Read Jarad Matula, MBA's full review
June 28, 2018

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Engage and interact successfully with a social marketing tool that actually plays well with others."

• Hootsuite Pro excels with their dashboard organization. For our purposes we do very well with the 20 tabs with ten streams in each tab. This allows us to create different dashboards for specific purposes- its easily customize-able to suit our needs. We are able to group streams by network and/or by brand. Further, it's a snap to monitor influences and track keywords and hashtags as well. Other social media management tools don't allow near as much flexibility.
  • Unlike other social tools, Hootsuite Pro has an extensive app directory that allows brands to include tumblr, blogger, sound cloud, stumble upon, Pinterest via Tailwind in their dashboard. Past that, their app directory includes an impressive number of services for further dashboard capabilities and increases productivity options. Popular services such as Trello, Slack, Reddit, Pocket, Flipboard, Dropbox, Evernote, SugarCRM and many, many other services are integrated into the dashboard via apps. Hootsuite Pro can handle a large portion your marketing needs.
  • While Hootsuite offers several packages, marketing bundles, services, and add-ons, to accommodate larger companies at an enterprise level also- - the Pro package is perfect for small to mid-level companies with many features and capabilities at a price that beats the cost of most social media marketing tools available.
  • When I first began using Hotsuite Pro, the allowed social accounts were unlimited. As their offerings increased, the number of social accounts available to Pro account users dropped to 50. Granted, 50 social networks is more than sufficient for most small companies the number is too small for companies managing multiple brands with multiple profiles. It's perfectly acceptable to offer a package with a 50 profile allotment- most social management tools have limits also. However, those that signed up for the Pro account with unlimited profiles felt a sting when the number was dropped, without warning, to 50. As for us, managing six brands, each with multiple social profiles, and a few of those brands have multiple profiles on the same network to address customer service, sales, and/or vetch. support. For a time, we thought we would need to purchase add-ons to meet our needs. While we love the services, technically the service offers less that what it did when I signed up.
  • Hootsuite Pro only offers one advanced analytics report each month. You can purchase additional reports or build custom reports. However, what's offered isn't sufficient for the allowed social profiles. The analytic capabilities exist in Hootsuite, but the Pro package doesn't offer enough reports to handle extensive analytic reporting needed for future planning. Yes, these are available as add-ons- but the Pro package will never be a stand alone social media marketing tool until more reports are available.
  • In the past, Hootsuite Pro included Linked In Company Pages, and groups as well as individual profiles. Pages and groups are no longer included so.
  • LinkedIn is not covered as well as it once was.
Hootsuite Pro is great for scheduling content, engaging with your audience, and building awareness. However, the reporting is minimal so you'll need another tool for analytics and monitoring. The search capabilities are useful but it cannot operate as a true social listening tool with this lack of reporting available in the Pro package.
Read Pam Renovato's full review
June 21, 2018

Review: "Hootsuite Pro: The Social Media Manager's Friend"

• HootSuite pro allowed me to post to multiple social media platforms from one location.
  • HootSuite bro allows me to pre-schedule multiple posts days, weeks, or even months ahead of time.
  • It would be nice if HootSuite bro added more networks such as Pinterest and Snap Chat.
  • It would be really great if HootSuite pro integrated with Facebook messenger.
  • It would be very helpful if Sweet bro integrated with local search Platforms such as Yelp.
HootSuite Pro is well-suited to the busy social media manager who needs to post multiple things in multiple places from one platform.
Read Greg Dungan's full review
February 01, 2018

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Great social media managing tool"

• With HootSuite you can schedule posts ahead of time. It's hard to keep up with social media nowadays, especially if you post a lot for a client (or for yourself) on all different platforms.HootSuite is a great option for people who manage multiple accounts.
  • We're all busy nowadays. You can improve your productivity with Hootsuite which leaves you with time to do other important things for your company and deal with more important matters.
  • FREE for the basic account. The premium account is $19 a month for the basic account for 10 profiles. You can try out premium FREE for a month.
  • Outdated interface on the website. Old look and feel of the website. It needs to be updated to a more modern look. It's outdated and it gets boring to look at.
  • Some reports cost extra, around $50
  • Expensive if you have a bigger team
HootSuite is perfect if you manage more than 1 social media account for your own business or if you manage for other clients. It keeps your social media accounts organized, and it's easy to post and attach image or videos. It may not be suitable for a small business to pay the premium price.
Read Daniela Belevan's full review
April 27, 2018

Review: "Hootsuite Pro is great for organizing multiple social accounts for multiple brands."

• Scheduling campaigns.
  • Posting to multiple social media accounts.
  • Multiple social media profiles.
  • The interface can be confusing at times.
  • The pricing is a little on the high end.
If you have multiple social media accounts and multiple brands Hootsuite Pro is perfect because it helps you organize everything.

If you have a smaller social media presence you might not need something so robust.
Read Anne Ducale's full review
April 12, 2018

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Hootsuite: Client Preferred, Agency Tested"

I use Hootsuite as a social platform organizer for clients. I write and schedule posts, monitor engagement and track analytics. My clients and I all have access to this, so we're able to collaborate and review each other's work. It also makes it easy to work both independently and dependently of each other, since everything is stored in one place. What is most beneficial to me and my colleagues is the ability to schedule posts in advance. No one wants to log on to social and do things in real-time. We're able to develop a social strategy and more long-term campaigns with Hootsuite's publishing capabilities.
  • Able to schedule posts in advance.
  • Can monitor engagement, interactions and posts all on one screen.
  • Can posts from multiple social accounts across platforms.
  • Has some analytics.
  • Would love more in-depth analytics and ability to customize the analytics we're looking at. Also would be great if there were an option to compare certain segments of time against each other. As this functionality is now, I can't get specifics dates to compare to each other; Hootsuite has a default month to month setting.
  • The software itself isn't as clean-looking as other publishing platforms. There is a lot of information on that one screen.
Hootsuite is great for publishing content to social through multiple accounts and platforms. Its screen view is helpful in tracking engagement and audience interaction. It is perhaps less effective in analytics, specifically for people looking to monitor precise metrics.
April 12, 2018

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Hootsuite - Perfect... But Needs Improvements"

We are a company that manages 5 different brands and we use Hootsuite to help make the social media aspect a lot easier. For the most part, Hootsuite’s platform is quite useful for our day to day activities and we genuinely use it a lot for scheduling upcoming blog posts.
  • Managing multiple social media accounts
  • Providing a platform to manage multiple brands
  • Giving real-time updates of the activity on your social media feeds
  • Should find some way to reintegrate the now out of use Chrome plugin
  • The interface could be a bit more intuitive as right now it appears a bit clustered
  • Provide more robust support options for your clients
If you feel as though your life has become a jumbled mess of switching between tabs, mobile apps, and plugins, then Hootsuite is your answer to some piece of mind. It really is a wonderful way to manage a diverse portfolio of social media accounts.
March 27, 2018

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Great Social Media Tool for multiple accounts"

Hootsuite Pro is used as a tool to schedule and monitor Twitter and Instagram mainly. We also use it during Twitter parties and to track hashtags. The newly added feature to schedule Instagram posts for biz accounts was a very welcome update.
  • Create streams for multiple accounts and platforms and offer an easy overview
  • Schedule, comment on, like and reshare posts on multiple platforms
  • Track trends, hashtags and search terms in separate column
  • I've used the platform for a long time but do get some resistance sometimes from others saying it's not very user-friendly
  • Maybe add more features to the analytics side
The most used feature for us is scheduled tweets and Instagram posts by far. It's also very practical for twitter parties and tracking hashtags and conversations. Since each platform offers their own analytics we don't use Hootsuite's analytics as much. In the past, we've used it for Facebook pages but I find it easier to work directly on Facebook for that.
January 18, 2018

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Hootsuite: Social Media Posting Made Simple"

We use hootsuite to manage all our social media pages, our daily posting as well as monitoring communication with customers.
  • It helps to have everything together (mentions, inbox, etc.)
  • Lets you publish in bulk
  • Possibility to schedule in advance your posts
  • You can manage different social media
  • Difficult to set up and to use
  • Bulk composer is still in beta and has a lot of problems
  • You don't see every mentions and retweets
If you post several times a day on different social media pages it's a must! it makes things a lot easier.
Read Dérick St-Hilaire's full review
January 18, 2018

"Hootsuite Pro Review From A Consultant's POV"

Hootsuite Pro is used daily by my team to ensure that posts are made on time and responded to as well. We utilize Hootsuite Pro to follow conversations, manage mentions and provide overall customer service for our clients' accounts.
  • Schedule posts to go out, making this process a little less hectic.
  • We manage multiple social media accounts and logging into everyone every time is a bit of a hassle. Hootsuite Pro allows us a central point of contact for our client's social media accounts
  • Overall Hootsuite Pro has been a huge time-saver.
  • The calendar layout is a bit "clunky". It would be great to be able to customize the Calendar view so that more of the social media post is visible.
  • It would be amazing if Hootsuite Pro could pull content from a local database or spreadsheet, without having to upload the content. This would really help with evergreen content.
Well suited for consultants who manage multiple clients. I don't think that small business owners really understand how to use Hootsuite Pro effectively. To get the most benefit, it's important to also understand the social media landscape and take the time to post to each channel.
Read Claudia Sheridan's full review
December 19, 2017

Review: "HootSuite Pro - Not Pretty, But It Gets The Job Done"

We use Hootsuite Pro in order to monitor and manage multiple clients' social media accounts. I am the main user, although everyone has access to the account.

We are primarily a content creation company, specializing in film and video production, but we offer social media management as an upsell to many of our clients, which they usually are very interested in. Trying to juggle many social profiles is difficult, and monitoring them all is nearly impossible. HootSuite pro allows you to have one look across all platforms and profiles, and saves a ton of time.
  • Excellent social monitoring tool. You can follow hashtags, mentions, and more, and have a "bird's eye view" of it all on one page.
  • Great calendar feature where you can see all your posts laid out on a calendar, rather than just a list or weekly view. This helps with more in-depth campaigns.
  • The mobile app is great to use if you manage Instagram accounts, as it sends notifications and reminders to post at the scheduled times.
  • The layout of HootSuite (both mobile and desktop) leaves much to be desired. It is not pretty, and it doesn't make a lot of visual sense to me.
  • I wish there was an option to post to Instagram automatically, although I know this is really a problem with Instagram, and not with HootSuite.
HootSuite pro is great for social scheduling and monitoring! You can interact via HootSuite, but personally I think it is more appropriate to just organically go on the social platform and interact that way.
It is also better to go on your page every once in a while outside of HootSuite and check on everything - how pictures are displaying, how hashtags are displaying, and if tagged pages are linking to the correct destinations. Sometimes HootSuite can be buggy - not often, but it is worth keeping an eye on!
Read Rachel Moenning's full review
December 19, 2017

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Good tool!"

We've used it to schedule posts on Facebook and Twitter. One person on my team is responsible for curating content, uploading it to HootSuite and then scheduling it to many channels, for us and some of our clients. We used it as a tool to streamline our social media engagement and presence. I believe that overall it is a powerful tool and affordable but I'm finding it to be too cumbersome and in a way a bit more complex to manage. The interface is not the most intuitive one. It was great a few years ago but we've seen interfaces that are simpler and not so cluttered. Overall it is a great tool but we eventually decided to move to something that others in the team could manage as well.
  • All in one place.
  • Easy to schedule posts.
  • Very affordable
  • Too cluttered.
  • Not as intuitive for someone just starting.
  • Not the best UI.
It is good for small agencies looking for an affordable tool to schedule social media posts and track mentions. It is a powerful tool and relatively easy to use once you understand where things are. There is a learning curve to understanding what it can do for you and your clients.
Read Barbara Carneiro's full review
December 20, 2017

Review: "Hootsuite Pro, not sure anyone compares"

Just by me, posting stuff for clients and potential clients to see and read about. I'll get different ideas from others in our company and others companies that post stuff as well. I try to post 2x per week on a regular basis. It's been very user friendly and saves me lots of time manually posting on all of the different sites.
  • Post to multiple sites with ease.
  • Work on the go with the app.
  • Schedule posts in the future.
  • When scheduling a post, it would be nice to be able to post to Twitter in the same window, because Twitter requires less text.
  • Emailed reminders if no more posts are scheduled.
  • More webinars for how to maximize your use of Hootsuite, such as reporting.
Small businesses and large businesses. I wouldn't use it personally though.
Read Jorel Cook's full review
February 27, 2017

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Hootsuite gives the most bang for buck in the social sphere"

We are currently using Hootsuite Pro to control and monitor all of our social networking interaction. This includes Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram and Linkedin. We also use it to unify activity across several accounts on the same network, such as Twitter. It allows us to schedule our social media information to support and bolster our printed and digital advertising as well as our email campaigns. It also allows us control over social media interactions at live events such as trade shows and showroom events.
  • Excellent scheduling across multiple social media platforms simultaneously.
  • Great viewing of Twitter lists and custom search feeds.
  • Great extension support with Hootlet on Chrome.
  • Allows following of hashtags for twitterchats and following trends.
  • Poor handling of followers and no follower support for Instagram or Facebook.
  • No viewing of main feed for Facebook.
Hootsuite does an excellent job of scheduling and publishing content. It shines at content but does poorly when it comes to audience curation. There is no way to sort followers or determine influencers vs. non influencers. It leads to a lot of manual work on that end. Luckily the content generation is done well enough that it becomes an acceptable trade off.
Read Randolph Ramirez's full review
August 15, 2016

Review: "Hootsuite Pro - Now that you've used the best, Why even try the rest?"

We use HootSuite to manage the multitude of social media accounts we manage for ourselves as well as clients - LinkedIn company and individual pages, Facebook personal and company pages, Instagram, we even update Wordpress blogs from HootSuite.

We take advantage of its scheduling capabilities, ease of use and synchronicity across all devices, apps that plug into it and its Chrome plugin "Hootlet."
  • It is a true dashboard. It is easy to set up and manage multiple social media accounts.
  • Scheduling social media posts is easily done in bulk via upload, in advance, or in the moment with the Hootlet plugin for chrome.
  • We also use Hootsuite across mutliple devices - laptop, mobile phone, and tablet. It syncs well and has a very similar experience across each device.
  • It is easy to integrate other applications with Hootsuite for content, analytics, etc.
  • At times link previews do not work so we have to cut and paste links and previews into the scheduling window, this cuts down on our efficiency.
  • Analytics are still not up to snuff though, I have to admit, there are better analytics purportedly available but the price is high relative to other solutions.
  • Though apps are easily integrated, some work better than others and it takes time to figure that out. There also doesn't see to be a way to provide feedback in those apps that don't work quite as well.
HootSuite is well suited for individuals or small teams managing multiple social media accounts. It probably won't work as well in an enterprise, but there is a solution which addresses that.
Read Mark Cohen's full review
August 03, 2016

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Great scheduling tool for social media"

We use Hootsuite Pro to manage numerous social media platforms for several different clients around the world. Hootsuite is used by most people within our firm. It helps address the problems associated with scheduling lots of content for clients. We can pre-schedule content to make it easier to get messages out during the early and late hours. We can also tracks the number of clicks in order to better tailor our content to followers.
  • I like that Hootsuite makes it very easy to shorten a URL into an ow.ly link within the dashboard.
  • I find it very easy to schedule messages and to see all of the upcoming messages for one client or all clients with just a few simple clicks.
  • I like that you can review custom dashboards for each client, such as the Twitter homepage, scheduled Facebook posts, and inbox messages.
  • I wish that the reports didn't use a "point" system. We have a Pro account and still do not have enough points to generate some of the great reports that Hootsuite offers.
  • Hootsuite should make it easier to schedule messages in different time zones. You can change the time zone of your dashboard but that's too cumbersome when you have employees accessing it from different countries. I want to easily know when to schedule a message so that it will go out at the correct time in another country without calculating the time difference myself.
  • Sometimes profiles randomly get disconnected from Hootsuite and you have to reauthenticate the account by logging in via Hootsuite.
This product is well suited for organizations that have to manage the social media profiles of several different clients or even one business that needs to manage its Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn pages all at once. It's great for pre-scheduling messages that need to go out at a specific time, such as during tradeshows or following press announcements, the launch of a new product, etc.
Read Jess Messenger's full review
July 22, 2016

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Best and less expensive social hub for Social media"

As a hub for managing social media
  • Social profile management
  • Research
  • Conversation
  • Interface
  • Reporting
Good for Account management. Bad for (free) reporting
Read Carlos Zardoya's full review
July 29, 2016

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Good Value, Not Perfect"

Our business uses Hootsuite Pro to manage social media accounts for our business and our clients. It makes collaboration among multiple team members easy, and makes monitoring lots of different social media accounts simple. The interface is pretty easy for new people to learn, and the capacity for managers to approve posts prior to approval is a valuable aspect of the software.
  • Management of numerous social media accounts.
  • Simple cross-platform content customization and posting.
  • Team collaboration.
  • Brand and keyword monitoring.
  • Customer service and reputation management.
  • Bulk upload tool is finicky and rarely works properly.
  • Lack of ability to schedule posts for articles and blogs that are not yet live. This is a *huge* inconvenience for our team.
  • For those managing more than 10 social networks, trying to find the correct account from the drop-down menu is tedious. Better organization of multiple accounts, particularly for the same company, would be helpful and time-saving.
  • The Hootlet tool is handy, but is not optimized for smaller screens. It doesn't work properly on laptop or mobile.
Hootsuite Pro is well-suited for small-mid size companies or those with fewer than 10 accounts. The layout becomes tedious to manage with more accounts than that. I feel an upgrade of the UI could make the software easier to use.
August 01, 2016

Review: "Hootsuite Pro is Recommended for Small Business Organizations and Startups"

Since we are now in the Internet age, companies should definitely consider having their own social media management team and tools to manage and track their social media presence online. HootSuite Pro was one of the tools we tried to monitor different and multiple streams in one page. It addresses the issue of not being able to know which user comment has not been responded to and also schedule responses at the most critical times of the day to increase engagement rates with customers.
  • Our Marketing team is always on the go. It helps that Hootsuite Pro can be accessed with any mobile device so our team can use the tool while they are away from their computers.
  • We get weekly analytic reports via email. Summary reports are very useful so our team is updated on the performance reports of their links and ads.
  • The scheduling feature is helpful so the marketing team can publish posts to social media accounts while not bothering to do it in real time and worry about delays.
  • Thumbnail and summary of post do not show up when posting a single update using the standard scheduler in Hootsuite.
  • In the first week of use, it's easy for users who are not familiar with Hootsuite Pro to get confused with the overwhelming interface. There is many activities that happen in one tab. For those who like simple GUI, this may not be the best option.
  • Adding new team members tend to add up monthly costs a lot. Premium subscriptions also imply increased overall cost for the company.
Based on our team's feedback, the Hootsuite free edition may be enough to manage and monitor our social media activities. We get analytic reports from the data and API and we utilize another business intelligence tool to really study the trends. Out of all social media, we use Facebook the most and the thing that's less likable about using a third-party tool like Hootsuite Pro is that it does not track the likes, shares, and comments that we receive in Facebook’s Insights analytical data for that post.
July 25, 2016

Review: "Empower your small to medium sized social team with Hootsuite Pro!"

Hootsuite Pro was used by my organization for monitoring social media, publishing posts and analytics/reporting. Only those involved in direct posting for clients use it.
  • Scheduling Posts - Very easy to use, simple interface allows you to schedule posts across all platforms, without having to be in the actual platform to post.
  • Monitoring - Excellent for monitoring social media channels for keywords or hashtags and then being able to dive into the discussion and respond in any given channel.
  • Reporting - Love how easy it is to compile reports for a client/boss and export to PDF. This makes it simple and easy to do.
  • Price for Hootsuite Pro, when compared to other similar tools (Sprout Social, Buffer, Edgar, etc.) is a bit high.
  • Would love to see an actual integration with Instagram where we can schedule to post from Hootsuite rather than schedule a reminder to post natively in Instagram.
  • Custom URL shortening options would be cool!
Excellent for managing several clients and social channels. Great to use with teams when needing to collaborate and allow some users some options while others are restricted. Not a great option in price for a very small team (1-3 users), built for medium to larger digital teams (5-15). Although, if on a smaller team, use a lower package from Hootsuite.
July 23, 2016

User Review: "Hootsuite Pro - Fine for the Price"

Hootsuite Pro does a fine, but unremarkable, job if introducing social media scheduling and monitoring to organizations both large and small. The interface is relatively simple to master. As with all tools, there are some quirks and hidden features. Its analytics features are relatively basic. We augment that with other products and vendors.
  • It's great for real time monitoring and social media listening.
  • The scheduling feature works well, assuming you don't have more than 10-15 messages per day.
  • The interface is relatively simple for new users to master.
  • The analytics component is somewhat lacking and limited.
  • The auto-schedule feature is great in theory. But to be truly effective, you still need to schedule manually. I simply don't trust the tool.
  • The groups and teams feature works when handling multiple accounts. It requires a bit of setup. Block off some time to get it right.
  • The interface is only usable with 4-5 columns. More than that, and things become very cluttered.
  • The default URL shortner is ow.ly, which creates a sub-par experience. Go in and change your shortner to bit.ly.
Hootsuite Pro is great for small teams. It's not well suited for the enterprise and larger organizations. The interface is easy to master. Overall, it's a fine tool for people on a limited budget. It doesn't compare well to competitors such as Sprinklr, Spredfast and Sprout. Of course, those tools cost more.
July 22, 2016

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Hootsuite puts all your profiles in one"

We use Hootsuite Pro for our own products and profiles. It is only used by the marketing department, specifically by the communications unit. The principal problem we find in Hootsuite Pro is that the reports are expensive, this is quite an inconvenience because we end up creating our reports manually.
  • Scheduling is very useful and comfortable, unlike other tools, in Hootsuite you can easily edit your posts before they get published and add the profiles you want.
  • When you have a few profiles, the streams are perfect, also you can compare between two or more profiles, which is very useful for our company.
  • The app directory is great! You have so much apps in your directory, the YouTube one is specially useful for us.
  • If you manage five or more profiles, the streams can be confusing. Sometimes there is so much activity it gets overwhelming.
  • It is expensive to add a member to the platform, if you have a team of 4 o 5 people, you think twice before choosing Hootsuite Pro.
  • Reports al also expensive, and they seem very basic.
Hootsuite results useful if you need to manage a lot of profiles even though it gets confusing sometimes, it is less expensive than other tools when it's about how many profiles you manage. Their app is very friendly to the user, I find it basic but it actually is a very good thing if you want a practical tool for your work.

I do not recommend Hootsuite if your primary need is analytics, because they're very expensive. Also if you have a very numerous team gets expensive or you'll have to share your account, which is very stressful.
June 20, 2016

Review: "Hootsuite Pro: Affordable, but lacking in features."

We use Hootsuite Pro to help monitor and manage multiple social media streams for our clients (as well as some of our own blogs). It's used primarily by our marketing department to help limit time spent logging in/out and scheduling posts across the multitude of social media platforms. In that respect, it's a big time saver.
  • It provides easy management of multiple social media accounts
  • Monitors multiple streams across social media platforms
  • It allows team member management and task delegation
  • The interface can be somewhat cumbersome at times
  • Some settings & configurations are hard to get to
  • Some advanced reports may cost extra/aren't included with the Pro plan
From a small business perspective, Hootsuite Pro is great if you are prepared to create and follow a publishing schedule and have discussed the KPIs you intend to measure. Essentially, the tool becomes useful when you need to execute on a plan made elsewhere. Otherwise, you won't be maximizing on the strengths it offers. From an agency perspective, Hootsuite Pro lacks refinement and is outclassed by other service providers like Falcon.io, Spredfast, or Sprout social.
Read Matthew Hardesty's full review
June 07, 2016

Hootsuite Pro Review: "Still the gold standard."

We currently use Hootsuite Pro to manage and schedule our social media posts from Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Though Human Resources has access to these accounts, it's usually the marketing department that are the working custodians of these platforms. It's been a help to us, especially on nights and weekend posting as well as re-posting older content.
  • Organize Social Media Content
  • Able to post to many accounts at once
  • Weekly analytic email
  • While novel, the analytic reports can go more in depth
  • Instagram functionality continues to be wonky (due to IG's closed API)
  • Dashboard panel can become cluttered
Hootsuite is a (relatively) inexpensive social media monitoring tool that is an essential tool for individuals and small businesses. It's cost continues to be it's star feature, as they are admittedly more robust programs out there that essentially performs Hootsuite's functions (and more, if taking analytics and other features into account).
Read F. Flobo Boyce's full review
April 07, 2016

Review: "Hootsuite Pro is a more robust, cost effective tool for social media planning and monitoring"

Our digital marketing department uses Hootsuite Pro to manage our social platforms across 3 brands. It allows us to see in one platform - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+ pages. We also schedule our blog posts within Hootsuite Pro. Not only can we schedule posts but we can also view and respond to messages within Hootsuite Pro.
  • I can set up a stream for one brand with all of the social platforms on that tab. With a quick scroll I can see Mentions, Messages, Posts and Shares on a hashtag.
  • We can schedule posts far in advance, even if we don't have the creative yet. We can drop those in later, once the creative team delivers them.
  • We can schedule our blog posts in Hootsuite Pro far in advance as well.
  • We are able to schedule Instagram posts. While posting is a manual process still, our Hootsuite iPhone App alerts us that it's time to post. When we click on the alert, it takes us to the app where we can open up our Instagram account and the photo is automatically added. All we have to do is paste the text into Instagram and hit Share.
  • Hootsuite Pro gives us the ability to plan ahead and helps us be efficient with our time. Because we manage three brands' social media [platforms], we need to be able to see everything at a glance and schedule with ease.
  • Even when we refresh Hootsuite, it does not always show the latest notifications and messages. If we want a fast response time, we need to log into the social platforms themselves to keep up with notifications.
  • There are some great analytics reports with Hootsuite Pro but most of them are an upgrade or you need to buy points to use them. They aren't included in the monthly Hootsuite Pro price.
  • In order to add users and allow them to respond to messages and help within the account, we have to pay more.
There are more robust platforms that manage social media but for the cost we are happy with Hootsuite. A big brand with 100K+ fans might want something that listens to the chatter. You can't depend on Hootsuite Pro to give you up to date notifications. That could quickly get out of hand with a lot of fans talking about your brand. We have about 75K fans total across all of our brands, so it's manageable now.
Read Melissa Best's full review

Boolean keyword searches (23)
Filtering out noise/spam (24)
6.7
Sentiment analysis (18)
5.2
Broad channel coverage (29)
Content planning and scheduling (39)
Audience targeting (27)
Content optimization (30)
Workflow management (34)
Automated routing and prioritization (22)
Customer interaction histories (26)
Bulk actions (29)
Lead generation (19)
5.9
Content marketing (30)
6.2
Paid media management (15)
6.1
Campaigns and promotions (22)
Twitter (39)
9.2
Facebook (38)
LinkedIn (36)
Google+ (30)
Instagram (32)
Pinterest (18)
YouTube (16)
Campaign success analytics (35)
5.8
Real-time tracking (33)
Competitor analysis (21)
5.6
Role-based user permissions & privileges (30)
Mobile access (33)