May 08, 2015
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Dynamics GP
We use as a GL package (including AR and AP) and the Management Reporting function for department reporting and Consolidated Reporting. The software was a great help in managing our intercompany transactions.
- Can set up intercompany transactions to enter on both sides with one journal entry, do not have to go into each company. Improved workflow process in this area.
- System controls-Can set up good interal controls for access to entities and can limit access by user type.
- Consoldiated Reporting-System allows for setting up Reporting Tree structure and different roll ups in the reporting tree
- Management reporter and the consolidated reporting process are somewhat clunky, not the easiest to use. Reports often need manual edits to make the presentation expereince better for end users.
- The system is not the most intuitive, have worked on other systmems such as MAS 500 or Epicor that are much easier to use.
- Missing functionality-the reporting function does not allow you to easily pull expense accounts across companies. Reporting is not the most robust.
Selected because of Intercompany workflow, consolidated reporting functionality, system controls, available modules for fixed assets and inventory. GP was the best value for the points mentioned.