Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Excel
I use it for everyday work, like calculating proposals and business cases or preparing small custom reports. I have some workbooks set up to use as templates, and I copy them for each new project.
- It's compatible. I use Excel for Mac without issues sending and receiving workbooks to and from others.
- It's intuitive. The interface is as clean as it can be for all its functionality.
- Pivot tables: When needed, they are fast and easy to create.
- Formula help is a little hard to understand.
- Help search could be improved. It sometimes tries to search all over the internet instead of just in Excel.
- It can be confusing to have two ways to find data: Via the menu (Edit - Find) and the upper right magnifying glass symbol. They have different functionality, too.
- ROI is good, especially for Office 365 clients, since it comes with the bundle.
- Excel alternatives may be free, but businesses can suffer when you run into compatibility issues.
- With the latest versions for Mac, users can work with either Windows or Apple computers; no problem.
Compatibility is the main issue. It is frustrating to send an Excel workbook to someone who can't open it. Also, user interfaces are not as slick and intuitive.
Do you think Microsoft Excel delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Excel's feature set?
Did Microsoft Excel live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft Excel go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Excel again?