MS Office for EVERY office
September 10, 2019
MS Office for EVERY office
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Office 2016
My company currently uses MS Office 2016 in select departments. Currently, all accounting and accounts payable employees use this version exclusively. We have found this to be beneficial for performing various functions on a daily basis, including the creation and manipulation of Excel spreadsheets, MS Outlook email, and calendars, creating PowerPoint presentations and Word documents. We use Excel frequently as this program allows us to perform numerous functions, including formulas, pivot tables, macros and v-lookups that we need in our daily invoice entries, journal entries and our weekly and monthly reports.
- Excel pivot tables: We have to use these daily to allocate expenses charged on one invoice across 23 different companies. The speed and accuracy of this function is excellent in MS Excel 2016, calculating every line completely accurately.
- Outlook calendar: I love that we are able to create numerous calendars that can be shared with select users. I have a part-time employee who is on a flexible schedule and she and I can update her daily schedule and share it with my supervisor so everyone knows when and where this employee will be on a daily basis.
- Outlook calendar/meeting creation: This function in Outlook is wonderful and easy to use. I am able to schedule a meeting, select participants, select meeting area and give details regarding purpose and am able to attach necessary documents pertaining to the meeting.
- MS Word: I don't like the factory defaults created my Microsoft. I've spent a good amount of time "fine tuning" everything from spacing, margins, tabs and bullet points. Ideally the program should easily allow the user to reset and save these default preferences, but I have yet to discover a way to do this.
- MS Word: I am not a fan of the offered templates. They tend to be confusing and are not easy to modify.
- MS Outlook: Searching within the program for a particular topic or name results in a very large return, especially if the search item is vague or incomplete. It would be nice if this program easily allowed a "wild card" search or allowed for multiple definers in the search bar.
- We are able to produce highly usable reports for our Executive team and investors allowing them to easily view our expenses and revenue.
- We are able to create beautiful, clear and easily understandable presentations for a varied audience allowing the company to showcase presentations that are memorable and entertaining.
- We are able to easily identify and eliminate SPAM and junk email, greatly reducing the probability of malicious attacks and harmful intent.
I have always used MS Office products due to the reliability and ease of use. I feel this is the best program for office use regardless of the size or skill level of the employees. There are educational opportunities for mastery of each program, but for the typical novice, they are easy to use for basic needs.
I don't care much for the online help menu. I feel that search results are vague and varied and honestly do not return satisfactory results for my needs. I don't like the online support option as the wait time is often quite long and when a technician does answer the call, they are often very difficult to understand as they don't seem to be from the US.
Do you think Microsoft Office 2016 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft Office 2016's feature set?
Did Microsoft Office 2016 live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft Office 2016 go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft Office 2016 again?
This program is well suited for every office environment, large and small. There are numerous sub-programs that are necessary for most business departments and can be easily utilized with minimal skill. For highly defined presentations, reports or documents, the end-user would likely need greater training as some of the functions and modules are quite challenging and the online help menu is rather unaccommodating.