Overall Satisfaction with MindJet MindManager
I use MindManager daily and I am in the process of evangelizing it to other groups and departments. I use it to create project plan drafts, interactive job aides, status dashboards, as well as a way to create graphics for instructional materials. For me, MindManager allows me to quickly organize my thoughts and then turn those thoughts into action plans.
- First and foremost, it is a great way to brainstorm and bring ideas together in a visual way. You can quickly organize these thoughts and idea, link them, prioritize items if needed and add graphics and call-outs to give more direction on what needs more focus and refinement.
- As a Manager, I need to be able to report on progress to my internal customers and stakeholders. MindManager lets me create project status reports and dashboards that are well organized and easy to read. The ability to then export to an interactive PDF for delivery via email is a great feature. The person reviewing the PDF doesn't need MindManager, yet they can interact with the elements as you designed them.
- I have been creating instructional materials for various types of businesses and MindManager is a very good tool for laying out the steps in a business process or showing the process flow of a particular application or software project. MindManager lets me create these steps visually while being able to show relationships and other details. I can then save these as PNG files for use in other documents and web pages.
- When I first started using MindManager, it was very easy to add main topics to the Central Topic. Floating topics were easy to align and use. With the newer versions, some of that control seems to have been lost. It is harder to align and move your main topics around like before.
- When you exported to the MindManager Viewer ( interactive PDF ) everything stayed aligned just as you had created it. The Viewer document doesn't seem to keep things as aligned. As you expand items, they jump around forcing you to scroll more.
- MindManager has improved overall communications with my customers. I can quickly update a dashboard and send it out. At a glance, my customers can see the status, risks and mitigation plan, and next steps and delivery dates.
- As a learning tool, many of my students have commented that the visual style of MindManager has made learning more interactive and memorable.
- As a tool for creating online job aides, the information needed can be accessed more efficiently and faster allowing for a quicker time to resolution.
It really came down to ease of use, features, and support. MindManager was so easy to learn that I was up and running in less than an hour. I loved the features and the ability to take the tool beyond just brainstorming. If I had questions, the team at MindJet was very responsive and they either had a answer or they could point me in the right direction.
I can't really speak to a scenario where I haven't found a use for MindManager. The flexibility of the tool lends itself to all sorts of creative uses. If you compare it to similar tools, one of the first things you need to ask is "what is the learning curve and how quickly can we get up to speed?" The tool is quick to learn and in many cases, I have seen people up and running with it in just a couple of hours. I have reviewed many products like this and nothing really comes as close to having all the features as MindManager.
Using MindJet MindManager
It simply has become a tool that I can't do without. It really has become a tool that I use daily in my job. I believe strongly in the usefulness of the product. The ability to go beyond just gathering thoughts and into creating documents and visual products that have value is truly the sign of a great product.