MindManager is a mind mapping and project management tool that aims to boost users’ productivity. It is designed to facilitate a wide range of project types, and includes cross-platform functionality and 3rd party integrations.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/G0/tH/IK72TUPKZR3A.JPEGMindManager Adds GPS to Your MapsCurrently I'm the beta fish for MindManager; beta testing solo for use by our team here, and then fighting for it. For 30+ years I've been using 'mind mapping' techniques, starting while at UW, then progressing through various versions of the software. Incredibly happy with what v2018 offers today (have maintenance package for the 2019 upgrade but yet to install). Much an analog man for early brainstorming on sketchbooks or whiteboards, all ends up in the software. MM allows for simply moving a branch of a map onto its own. As I hold various roles I need to link maps as I get more granular... I find sharing a map a few levels down is simpler for me than fiddling with a large map, but I haven't tried the new HTML exporting, so I could be behind the bus on that. MM also has an intense, immense and impressive ability for me to CODE AND SORT tasks for whatever I need. Beyond the obvious who/what/when the ability to code and sort tasks by font/color/icons/etc/etc/etc means allows for an insane amount of control. Implementing dashboards is next, so that specific people look at specific things. GANTT I believe will become my new best friend. Looking forward to sharing via the html functionality with non-MM users. Brilliant strategy to get power users work out there and give a taste to the uninitiated. Mindjet partner Olympic Limited sells an add-on that makes the above easier. Kudos to Mindjet for their partners. Regarding Corel, I'm glad they purchased Mindjet! I fondly recall how 30 years ago utterly intuitive Wordperfect on the NeXT platform was daily, as I struggle with MSO. Good on the folks at Corel to pick up these gems. TK,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Knowledge Management Task and Project Management Project Planning,Super easy to use; everyone gets the basics and the power behind mind mapping. Incredible flexibility to grow/expand on ideas and then to link them. Dashboards and Gantt charts are polished.,Multi-monitor support...could be my setup here but I struggle with super large maps and I find using a set of linked smaller maps to be less grief than scrolling around a large map but I would highly prefer seeing the bigger picture. That or some hotkeys to improve using a super large map.,1 to 10,10,$400 for the ability to do a project mapped out or hierarchical. Ability to lay out all the tasks and Gantt them - included. Ability to share maps with anyone with a browser - included.,I'll keep it simple: the ability to easily, intuitively add/move topics and tasks around so fluidly isn't possible in Word or Excel,,1,,Brainstorming and then prioritizing Project Management and Tracking Knowledge Base - Storage Knowledge Base - Dissemination,Publishing Maps and sending as HTML Embedding multiple maps in HTML and sent as one big (non-editable) map Integrating Tasks with Outlook is on the docket,Resource allocation Integrating with office and committees Custom filtering to dashboards (eg for office, committee, even down to the person level),10,Microsoft Office 365, Snagit, Dropbox,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Product Reputation Prior Experience with the Product Vendor Reputation Existing Relationship with the Vendor Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor Analyst Reports Third-party Reviews,Perhaps present the top 3 options to a user group, but I'll be presenting to the board so not really a change in the evaluation process but the next step.,Implemented in-house,Yes,Change management was minimal,None with MindManager Some issues getting Olympic product to work with TrendMicro AV but my understanding is that was due to an IT managed platform,10,Online training Self-taught,7,Yes and no. Sure you can plug away but watching a 30-60 min video helped me greatly.,10,Take the time to consider your information/project classification and methodology!MindManager can handle anything you throw at it, so don't throw garbage.Once established, it's super easy to throw down info/brainstorming/etc against either an existing map or create a new one via templates and link it where necessary. That way easy to enter and find whatever you need to do.,Yes - we have customized the interface extensively,No - we have not done any custom code,Nothing done.,Yes,8,No,Haha, when the sales team gave the seat price for charities! We can get a few licenses now and not crimp.,Just getting going...no fanfare to start mapping Adding formatting Printing maps Publishing and sharing maps,Scrolling large maps (but I really could rotate my monitor to portrait mode),9,10,10,10,Microsoft Outlook for tasks,Microsoft Outlook Microsoft Excel,,,No integration done.,10,10,N/A,N/A,Yes,Publishing and Sharing of maps,Better ability to scale Snagit attachmentsGreat project management application!MindManager is slowly being adopted as a helpful kickoff tool for new projects. We are able to identify the goals of the project and the attributes needed at a high level.,Strategic Planning Brainstorming Process Mapping Knowledge Management Problem Solving Task and Project Management Project Planning,Project planning, being able to quickly identify tasks. Solutioning across multiple departments at a high level. Process flow visualization.,Workflow creation functionality.,51 to 100,7,Saved time Identify tasks quickly,We were able to quickly and easily identify tasks and user stories that would need to be put into a formal agile format.,,10,,Developing workflows Outlining processes Go live prep,Go live prep Agile sprint planning Change Management,Project timelines Project workflows Team organization,10,Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Visual Studio Team System,No,Product Features Product Usability,I wouldn't.,Don't know,not sure,10,Self-taught,Yes it was very easy to use without training.,10,I did not have to configure this product,I did not configure software.,10,No,I've never needed it.,thought process flow planning,gnat chart,9,10,10,10,n/a,Microsoft visio,File import/export,10,Work with your IT people.,10,10,Was not part of this.,Was not part of this.,Not sure.,N/AGive Me MindJet MindManager or NeverMindI use MindManager daily and I am in the process of evangelizing it to other groups and departments. I use it to create project plan drafts, interactive job aides, status dashboards, as well as a way to create graphics for instructional materials. For me, MindManager allows me to quickly organize my thoughts and then turn those thoughts into action plans.,First and foremost, it is a great way to brainstorm and bring ideas together in a visual way. You can quickly organize these thoughts and idea, link them, prioritize items if needed and add graphics and call-outs to give more direction on what needs more focus and refinement. As a Manager, I need to be able to report on progress to my internal customers and stakeholders. MindManager lets me create project status reports and dashboards that are well organized and easy to read. The ability to then export to an interactive PDF for delivery via email is a great feature. The person reviewing the PDF doesn't need MindManager, yet they can interact with the elements as you designed them. I have been creating instructional materials for various types of businesses and MindManager is a very good tool for laying out the steps in a business process or showing the process flow of a particular application or software project. MindManager lets me create these steps visually while being able to show relationships and other details. I can then save these as PNG files for use in other documents and web pages.,When I first started using MindManager, it was very easy to add main topics to the Central Topic. Floating topics were easy to align and use. With the newer versions, some of that control seems to have been lost. It is harder to align and move your main topics around like before. When you exported to the MindManager Viewer ( interactive PDF ) everything stayed aligned just as you had created it. The Viewer document doesn't seem to keep things as aligned. As you expand items, they jump around forcing you to scroll more. In order to keep up with the times, I would like to see more of an effort to be able to export to something more portable such as HTML5 and JavaScript. While Flash will be around in other fashions, the need to have information on mobile devices is pushing the use of other technologies.,10,MindManager has improved overall communications with my customers. I can quickly update a dashboard and send it out. At a glance, my customers can see the status, risks and mitigation plan, and next steps and delivery dates. As a learning tool, many of my students have commented that the visual style of MindManager has made learning more interactive and memorable. As a tool for creating online job aides, the information needed can be accessed more efficiently and faster allowing for a quicker time to resolution.,MindGenius,SmartDraw,5,10,Implemented in-house,8,10
Windows, Mac
MindManager

MindManager Reviews

MindManager

Showing 3 of 188 MindManager ratings and reviews.

Do you use this product? Write a Review

About MindManager

MindManager helps individuals, teams and enterprises do the right work, faster and better, by simplifying the way they capture, process and share information. Transforming unstructured ideas and data into dynamic visual maps, MindManager says it gives people a clearer understanding of and greater control over their time, work and world.

The vendor says that MindManager’s flexible, intuitive design supports freeform thinking, fluid organization and holistic understanding; its cross-platform functionality and third-party integrations enable a more streamlined, seamless work experience. Millions of users across thousands of global organizations brainstorm ideas creatively, plan and execute projects efficiently, communicate knowledge effectively, and drive more positive, profitable business outcomes with MindManager.

Key capabilities and benefits include:

- Creativity & Problem Solving

Has featureInformation Presentation
Has featureKnowledge Management

MindManager Screenshots

MindManager Video

Uncover possibilities, unite teams and unleash productivity with MindManager 2019. Empower yourself or your team with the most robust, customizable visualization software available, FREE for 30 days at www.mindmanager.com/MyFreeTrial

MindManager Downloadables