Overall Satisfaction with MIP Fund Accounting
We use MIP Fund Accounting for all of our accounting needs. We use it effectively to manage a significant number of contracts, grants, and funds. We heavily use the application and many of the modules including a significant number of imports to automate our operations. We also use the tool to produce many of our financial statements for our board and internal managers.
- Segregates funds
- Manages grants on different time periods
- The reporting function allows you to easily isolate specific data
- The Encumbrance module has some issues that I have never seen to be resolved
- The Full AR Billing Module is a bit cumbersome in the user interface to invoicing
- As MIP has been utilized more effectively over time, we have reduced costs and efficiency in the accounting department, as well as total FTEs in the finance area.
- MIP has allowed us to track and identify many items which has made our audit process more efficient, timely, and clean.
Reporting in MIP is extremely easy and powerful. Identifying data and isolating data within the system is merely a function of completely understanding the reporting features within this software.
We are very happy with the results we have achieved over the past few years of using MIP. We have evaluated other software solutions but have been shocked at the increased cost of those solutions for the limited gain of function over MIP.
Do you think MIP Fund Accounting delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with MIP Fund Accounting's feature set?
Did MIP Fund Accounting live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of MIP Fund Accounting go as expected?
Would you buy MIP Fund Accounting again?
MIP is a great non-profit fund accounting software that is extremely functional, flexible, and affordable. There is newer software out there that has additional bells and whistles, but those all come with significant costs that may be prohibitive to many non-profit organizations both large and small.