May 21, 2018
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Moodle
Moodle is the main LMS on campus. It is used as a landing board for instructional courses, storing online trainings, accessing job aid material, viewing panopto videos, etc.
- Moodle is able to keep track of student data per course.
- Moodle is able to integrate outside programs such as Panopto that you can use within your course.
- Moodle is user friendly for the most part. Everything is self explanatory and it doesn’t take a lot of researching to find actions, activities, how to setup your course, etc. When editing your course, it’s very easy to add activities/resources to your course and Moodle explains, in detail, what each activity/resource is and how it will function within your course.
- Sometimes Moodle has issues “communicating” with certain outside sources such as Lockdown Browser.
- When upgrading to the 3.4 version of Moodle, the campus is noticing that some activity plugins are not upgradable.
- From my standpoint, I think Moodle has worked out very well on campus and has been well accepted by students, faculty & staff. Of course you have your good with the bad circumstances but that’s with any program you use.