SSP that has your back
August 28, 2019
SSP that has your back
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MoPub
We integrate with MoPub via one of our DSPs. We are using them for the mobile in-app campaigns as that is their strong suit. They have very vast traffic and specifically they have a great variety of publisher verticals as it is not too gaming-focused like many other exchanges. They are very strong in the Latam region and not so much in EMEA.
- Vast network of publishers, from different verticals
- Low CPMs which translate into good CPAs
- Great support team, always eager to help
- Not a lot of inventory in the EMEA region.
- Not a lot of high impact formats. Mainly banners and not a lot of interstitials and videos.
- Reporting tools not very advanced. You can't get a lot of granular details from the tool.
- CPMs are low, which translate into good CPAs and more budgets.
- Possibility of rebate programs for big volumes can also increase ROI.
- Lack of clarity on billing numbers reduces profitability for a few months.
MoPub is a great SSP. It is a trusted partner that can help you scale campaigns as well as educate the client about the benefits of programmatic advertising. They have a lot of inventory and a great support team. I wouldn't say they are perfect because reporting is not very good and some billing issues are not as transparent as they should be.
Their support team is very good. They are very knowledgeable and know about their products and the programmatic market as a whole. They are not the fastest team in customer support, but they make it up in service. They are willing to do marketing initiatives to evangelize programmatic among advertisers and that is a big plus for a strategic partner.
MoPub is an SSP that can help you explain the benefits (and hurdles) of programmatic advertising to the client and that is a big help in markets that are not very developed. Other exchanges are too big and they don't put a lot of focus on customer service but MoPub is different and that is very important for us.
MoPub is very well suited for in-app performance campaigns. They have cheap publishers that are not very well known, so not suitable for branding. I would say their worldwide coverage is very good. They are big in APAC, although they could improve in EMEA. They provide a lot of support material so it is good for advertisers that are new to programmatic and need to learn about it.