Overall Satisfaction with Moz
The Digital team uses Moz tools almost daily. We manage SEO, social media and web strategy for our clients. OpenSiteExplorer is one of the best research tools out there for backlink research. FollowerWonk is a new service they acquired which has powerful Twitter analytics. We have also used the Moz API to pull data directly into our own reporting system. Their research tools are very valuable for new business pitches. While not directly related to the Moz platform, they also provide some of the best education in the industry through their blog and MozCon events.
- Tracking keyword rankings over time
- Tracking backlinks
- Educating the community
- Analyzing Twitter profiles via FollowerWonk
- Only tracks keyword rankings within the top 50 results - would like to see top 100.
- The on-page optimization recommendations are spotty because it may grade a page based on the wrong keyword. We don't use this feature much.
- Major gains in efficiency
- Better reporting for our customers
- Better, more informed new business pitches.
- Ahrefs Site Explorer,Majestic SEO,RavenTools
We still use Ahrefs periodically to fill in any gaps that Moz's data might have, or to see that data from a different angle. We always come back to Moz because they have a larger suite of tools in a single package. They provide the best value for the price. And because of the educational content they provide (i.e. Whiteboard Friday videos) I feel like I know and trust the people behind the software, which makes a difference.
We've been paying monthly for Moz for at least four years. We rely heavily on it for our daily work, and would need to re-engineer many of our processes if we were to cancel our subscription. I suspect we'll continue to use Moz as long as we are in business (assuming they maintain their quality).
I think every company providing web marketing services should be using Moz. It's a great value, entirely self-service, and easy to learn how to use. For businesses not in the marketing space, if driving traffic from search engines is a goal, Moz is probably a worthwhile investment.