We are heavily using SharePoint (V-2010) for our company intranet portal. We are also using SP cloud for our external customers. SP is not specific to one specific department and it is being used by whole company users. As of now we have problem with load balancer and network traffic but it is going to resolve soon.
- In Build workflow and very easy to create
- Full compatible with .NET so it can be used all .NET controls and application
- Easy to backup and restore the farm,application site and lists etc.
- Well structured permission hierarchy model
- Integration with other plateform (i.e. SAP, Adobe etc) is not easy
- Better communication with customers
- Everything is available in single screen like: profile, data etc
- Very effective when look at auditing at any level