Nintex Workflow, the SharePoint Workflow System I've encountered.
Nintex Workflow for Sharepoint
Overall Satisfaction with Nintex Platform
One example that I've used many times is to have a list workflow synchronize with a dependent list. Several examples of timed Nintex Site Workflows involve end or the month reporting or weekly overdue notices. With the notices, I am able to don individual users as well a provide a summary report to the administrator. Another example of a timed workflow process is when I generate new report records for all team members for the next week; also, in the same workflow I lock down permissions on the existing records to read-only.
Nintex has great looping and querying of lists within a site. I can easily get an array of all the ids in a list such as team members, then use that array in a forEach loop to create records in another list specific for those individuals.
- Does a tremendous job of loop through arrays and querying lists for specific conditions.
- Some tasks are easy from the get-go like notifying a user on changes or new items. These tasks can be set up in minutes.
- Time processes are easy to instantiate with the workflow timer.
- This is an article I wrote on upgrading Nintex to World Class: https://community.nintex.com/community/dev-talk/blog/2017/01/05/upgrading-nintex-workflows-to-world-class.
- They need a better function library for String and Date Manipulation
- A For Loop with Counter controls instead of just a For Each iterating over collection.
- An Action Control to separate individuals for Person Controls containing group.
- Allows me to complete systems several days faster than having develop code natively.
- Security in having timed processes execute without external effort.
We use Nintex in our On-premise SharePoint 2013. It is important to me as a developer to create custom workflow and form solutions.
Nintex is optimal for Document Approval or any type of notification based on list events: Add, Change.
Nintex is good for Coordinating Master and Detail Lists.
Nintex is great for Customized Input Forms to Lists.
Nintex is great a mass record creation based on data from diverse list.