Empower your power users to create custom workflows for themselves with Nintex Workflow.https://www.trustradius.com/business-process-management-bpmNintex PlatformUnspecified8.21651012014-07-25T19:23:38.313Z
July 25, 2014
Empower your power users to create custom workflows for themselves with Nintex Workflow.
Score 9 out of 101
Nintex Workflow for Office365
Overall Satisfaction with Nintex Workflow
Nintex Workflow is used in some of our clients SharePoint Online environments. When a customer is in need of automating a business process, my role is to use Nintex to map to their process using the Nintex Workflow actions like approvals, tasks and emails. It's been especially useful with automating processes of the human resources, recruiting and IT teams and really could be used to automate just about any simple to medium complexity processes. A specific example where Nintex Workflow has been a great solutions is with a complicated on-boarding process where there were many approvers and individuals involved that needed to complete some administrative task to complete the hiring of a new employee.
- Other products require IT Pros or developers to figure out but with Nintex Workflow it is very easy for Power Users to create workflows. The design environment is user friendly and simple to use.
- Reusing workflows is must have and with Nintex Workflow you get this import/export functionality that's as simple as saving and opening a file.
- With some of the other workflow tools, you have to use multiple applications to build and view the flow diagram of a workflow. The design panel of Nintex Workflow is perfect for getting a quick overview of what is going on and is the same location where you build the workflow.
- There are some features available in the Nintex Workflow for on premise SharePoint that are not available in the Office 365 version. This is something that continuously comes up when building a workflow.
- Trouble shooting can be a bit difficult for end users. There are a few features like variables and log to history that assist with troubleshooting but isn't something that stands out to end users, it requires training them on how to use these features to assist with finding problems.
- Nintex Workflow has helped with less mistakes/missed information during an on-boarding process.
- It has helped with automating processes in a more timely manner since we were able to put the development in the power user's hands rather than waiting for a developer or IT pro to become available.
Once users have started using Nintex Workflow, they've learned how easy it is to develop custom workflows. Once users are familiar and happy with a product, it typically best to stick with it.
When the users are likely to be power users rather than developers or IT pros, I would highly recommend Nintex Workflow. If the process you're attempting to automate is simple or has medium complexity, I would also highly recommend the product because of its ease of use and reusability.