Overall Satisfaction with Nutanix
I helped implement Nutanix as our default architecture just over a year ago in two out of four of our data centers. The third will be online in the next quarter and we will be fully reliant on Nutanix for our entire organization, server workloads as well as VDI by the end of 2017 if all goes well. There have been very few instances that needed special attention to satisfy similar or better performance than the legacy infrastructure. Each challenge has helped the Nutanix support team make the product better and better, all while providing support that was second to none.
- Condensed infrastructure. I reduced my footprint from two full racks down to 8U of equipment and have more storage and better performance.
- Simple deployment. 3 hours from box to production.
- One click upgrades. It cannot be stressed enough that updates to production infrastructure during the work day is not only possible but I do it with every update. No issues. Great product.
- SUPPORT!!! The NetPromoter score is well deserved. Not only does their support staff know the product, take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution, but they also will work to assist with problems that are not their platforms issue. IE VMware, HyperV or network and own the issue as if it was their own.
- It would be great to have the ability to automate testing of replicated data for BCP. Currently you can fail over to the secondary site but no way to do so in a sandbox and produce a report or have access to log into the replicated systems to prove they function until you disrupt productive systems.
- Simple to maintain.
- Cost of extended support of legacy systems equaled the cost of implementing the Nutanix solution.
- Reduction in cost for electricity, cooling and space.
- VxRa and SimpliVity
Nutanix is the leader in this space for a reason. Well thought out. Excellent execution and superior support have been the hallmark of this company. VX, even with the might and money of VMware behind the product falls short in execution. Data locality in Nutanix gives them the edge on performance without forcing full flash storage. In fact I have proven that data locality on a Nutanix Hybrid cluster outperforms a VX all flash cluster when you have a slight network issue.
I have not found a workload that does not work well on the platform. Like any solution, it excels on some workloads better than others, but it is easily on par with the competitor on even the least compatible solutions. If you need a dense rack, simple system to run your productive systems, Nutanix will surely satisfy.