Experience with Nutanix AOS
October 31, 2021
Experience with Nutanix AOS
CNLResearch, 1001-5000 employees
Score 10 out of 10
- Nutanix AHV
- Nutanix Acropolis
- Nutanix Move
- Nutanix Prism
Overall Satisfaction with Nutanix AOS
Nutanix AOS is being used by [the] IT department, but indirectly it is being used across the whole organization. We did face some issues while migrating load from VMWare to AHV. Some of our legacy applications are not supported by AHV. Moreover, AHV does not have [the] capability to add existing disk or disk belongs to other VM. [I feel] it is also difficult to create a template in AHV.
- "Nutanix is an operating system playing inside an existing, rich IT ecosystem." Listen to Wendy M. Pfeiffer, CIO of Nutanix, as she shares game-changing results with the implementation of infrastructure-as-code.
- With one-click simplicity, Nutanix AOS streamlines IT operations and relieves budget pressures by integrating storage, networking, and compute services into a single solution managed by IT generalists. Start small and scale without limit to meet business demands.
- Deliver applications with the highest possible performance throughout the full lifecycle, not just day one. Provide reliable performance SLAs without worrying about workload changes or growth in application demands.
- Nutanix AOS does not have template functionality like in VMWare.
- [In my experience] Nutanix AOS does not have [the] functionality to add existing disk or disk belongs to other VM like in VMWare.
- Nutanix AOS does not have the functionality to see backup snapshots at DR site. For example, if you have multiple Nutanix clusters then you cannot have snapshots of other clusters. You need to retrieve the entire snapshots of your Protection Domain to restore your desired backup.
- We find that return on investment is probably a better metric in most cases.
- ROI analysis is more than an exercise. Companies must outline what their future looks like, even if it’s vastly different from what they’re used to and comfortable with.
- As good as your financial analysis might be, displacing status quo infrastructure has a lot of emotions tied to it.
Enterprise Cloud (EC) is made of three core components: Prism, Acropolis, and Calm. Prism is the management plane that provides a unified management interface that generates actionable insights for optimizing virtualization, infrastructure management, and everyday operations. The Nutanix hardware platform has redundant power supplies, memory, and CPU. The platform is resilient to individual hard disk failures. If a disk fails, data is automatically rebuilt without any impact on the app.
Do you think Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure's feature set?
Did Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure go as expected?
Would you buy Nutanix Cloud Infrastructure again?
After using Foundation to create a cluster, you can use the Nutanix web console to join the Hyper-V cluster and its constituent hosts to the domain, create the Hyper-V failover cluster, and enable Kerberos. If you are installing Windows Server 2016, you do not have to enable Kerberos. Kerberos is enabled during cluster creation.
Evaluating Nutanix AOS and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
The ability to purchase only what is needed, and to reduce the number of nodes required as the project expands, leaves customers with more savings to use for transforming their businesses. The ability to deploy and configure your cluster without any third party managing it keeps you in control of the most critical infrastructure powering your applications and data. The self-service nature of Nutanix Clusters allows for just-in-time deployment, which aligns well with most cloud consumption models.
Nutanix AOS Support
Modernizing with HCI, which creates private cloud-like data centers, is, for many organizations, the first step in their digital transformation. Companies that have kept their eye on the long game and made decisions based on a fully-developed ROI analysis have found themselves uniquely positioned to make the critical operational changes the COVID-19 situation has demanded.
Nutanix AOS Reliability
With the new Nutanix InstantOn for Citrix Cloud, you can deliver a consistent, high-quality user experience and excellent performance while also enabling predictable, linear, non-disruptive scaling to support your ongoing mobility, BYOD, and cloud initiatives. The ability to purchase only what is needed, and to reduce the number of nodes required as the project expands, leaves customers with more savings to use for transforming their businesses.