Overall Satisfaction with Oktopost
We use Oktopost to schedule, distribute and analyze all of our social media posts. I personally set up the account(s) and our profiles. We also use it for event promotion. The integration with Feedly is perfect for us, because we produce so much original content and I can find it all in one place.
- Ability to organize and post across multiple platforms.
- In depth (best) analytics I have ever seen for a social media distribution platform.
- Social sharing abilities for other members of our organization. The automatic emails it sends to our employees letting them know there is fresh content for them to distribute is fantastic.
- Best customer service I have ever seen.
- It was a bit frustrating connecting with their sales rep who was overseas and had internet problems more than once.
- I think the set up for the way you tell Oktopost when to distribute (for the Queue) is clunky.
- I am struggling to come up with a third. This company is top notch. I absolutely love their platform. Maybe, I would say it takes some getting used to the platform, but that is going to hold true for nearly any company.
1 - Only one of us uses Oktopost. We did rely heavily on the Social Advocacy feature to allow other team members to be notified when we had a new post up. They could then share it to their personal social media accounts, if they chose to. It helped with our distribution.
The integration with SalesForce and Marketo was the number one reason we went with Oktopost. It wasn't until after I got inside and got my hands dirty that I saw how great Oktopost was. The analytics reporting is sensational. It allowed me to easily pull reports to organize for my marketing department.
- This isn't a particularly fair question for my company, as we own rehab centers across the country. We used Oktopost (and social media) for branding and awareness. ROI is tough to measure for us in this regard.
We had over 50 social media accounts to set up and had to choose which ones we were going to leave out. If you have as many accounts as we do, it's worth the incredibly high price tag (I just noticed they hiked the prices substantially). If you don't have that many accounts, you need to do the math to see if it makes sense for you. $400/month for the basic service is steep. There are many less expensive platforms available.