Reviews (1-13 of 13)
It has helped us to keep all of our social media accounts in a single place and allows us to better view and manage different campaigns which allows us to keep better track of how each program is doing and how each outlet is performing overall.
- Oktopost has a great interface for publishing posts, allowing you to select multiple social media profiles and easily schedule a message across all of them.
- Oktopost tracks your performance and has an automated tool that will schedule posts for you based on when past posts performed best and it works pretty well.
- I like the ability to create multiple campaigns easily and quickly. The whole interface is very simple to use and streamlined.
- I think the interface navigation could use some better explanation of what everything is, but it is still easy to use once you are used to it.
- There aren't a ton of issues I've had with Oktopost. It really does what I needed it to do.
It is also good for managing a single account. It has all the features I need for our single account markets, like campaigns, tracking, scheduling, etc.
I think if you are trying to manage a very large number of social media profiles it might get a bit difficult. There are tools more suited for that than Oktopost that may be easier, but Oktopost would still work.
- Deep analytics to help you know the impact being made in social
- Integrations with marketo to know when a social touch converts to a lead
- Simple way to communicate social pushes to the employees and partners to help get the word out there.
- Not really an issue with Oktopost, but would be nice if linkedIn opened their API to allow us to measure the impact of linkedIn posts via social.
It was used only by our team but we posted on behalf of the company handle, so the use was widespread. It addressed the business problem of low social engagement and disjointed efforts across multiple handles that had been randomly created and rarely used by certain departments.
- An all-in-one platform that organizes all content across multiple accounts.
- Provides consistent user experience help, representatives were quick to schedule phone calls or walk-throughs whenever we had issues.
- Easily accessible by the entire team, don't have to rely on one person to do everything or avoid being in the platform simultaneously.
- Sometimes there were bugs in the user experience, but they seemed to be quickly addressed.
- They didn't seem to have experience dealing with large-scale company use when integrating with Eloqua information. We had a lot of issues with false data or form submits showing up.
I would avoid the product if it's a Hail Mary to get executive buy-in or engagement on social media - I think it just confused people who weren't already familiar with how social marketing works and they became disengaged and never used it.
- Ability to organize and post across multiple platforms.
- In depth (best) analytics I have ever seen for a social media distribution platform.
- Social sharing abilities for other members of our organization. The automatic emails it sends to our employees letting them know there is fresh content for them to distribute is fantastic.
- Best customer service I have ever seen.
- It was a bit frustrating connecting with their sales rep who was overseas and had internet problems more than once.
- I think the set up for the way you tell Oktopost when to distribute (for the Queue) is clunky.
- I am struggling to come up with a third. This company is top notch. I absolutely love their platform. Maybe, I would say it takes some getting used to the platform, but that is going to hold true for nearly any company.
Oktopost is a business-centric social engagement platform that provides organizations with the capability to listen, learn, and share on leading social media networks from a single web-based interface delivered securely via a SaaS model.
At ComplexDiscovery I am using Oktopost as the core social engagement platform for both my organization’s social media engagement (Corporate Communications) AND for client social media programs (Agency Model).
Having utilized multiple social media platforms with capabilities ranging from individual B2C support to agency B2B support, I have found Oktopost to have the best balance of functionality and focus.
Key functionality that influenced my decision to select Oktopost includes:
1) Social Network Support: Currently All Four Primary B2B Networks
2) Multiple Account Management (Across Accounts And Networks)
3) Ease Of Access (Intuitive Interface, Ease of Use)
4) Dynamic Scheduling (Manual and Auto Scheduling Capability)
5) Robust Analytics (General and Specific Analytic and ROI Information).
Oktopost effectively addresses my need for:
- Autoposting: Allows users to easily schedule messages to multiple networks and social profiles. This was the capability that led me to Oktopost as its ease of use and comprehensive calendar view allowed me to manage complex social media programs in a time efficient manner.
- Integration: Allows users to integrate social media efforts with key marketing/CRM platforms to include Act-On, Marketo, Eloqua, and SalesForce. Integration allows users to translate metrics into actionable information for shaping all marketing efforts.
- Social Streams: Ability to view and act on all social media networks and individual user profiles allows users to manage all social media activities from within a single web-based browser environment.
- Content Curation: Integration with Feedly coupled with strong search capability allows users to discover and curate top trending topics from across the web.
- Advocacy Board: Unique capability that expands the use of Oktopost across an enterprise by allowing invited colleagues to share trusted content created and shared within Oktopost.
- Advanced Metrics: Detailed metrics provides users the ability to translate activity into understanding. Intuitive reporting function also allows for the creation and sharing of professional reports with clients and users.
- Increased integration with supported social networks and expansion of support beyond current supported networks.
- Streamlined authentication / re-authentication process.
- Ability to add sequencing parameters to autoposting capability.
- Create different campaigns.
- Easily schedule across all networks, including LI groups.
- Analyze content by campaign/social network/LI groups.
- Calendar view by campaign or all, which give us a good view of the work we're doing that month.
- "Content" feature helps you find very relevant content and easily share it on any social profile.
- The main campaign overview is downloadable to PDF, but the reports by campaign is only downloadable as an excel file, would love that to change.
- LinkedIn group submittal
- Tracking conversations and a dashboard to respond rather than searching and hunting to make responses
- Good customer support
- Make Google (G+) allow personal submitals through Oktopost. Let me make this clear, this is NOT an Oktopost problem, this is a Google problem!! But I put this down here because it is the only missing link to creating a total social media tool kit.
- When I first started there were very few support documents and learning resources. I think I was one of the first to sign up. Since then they have clearly been working on filling the learning center with information. Keep up the good work!
- The emails that start off with "My name is Mark Lerner, Director of Marketing at Oktopost.... ;-) Mike 50 emails later I know who you are. Introduce the wife and kids next please ;-)
- The Message Asset and Autoposter feature are hugely useful for broadcasting content at different times. This allows us to reach our entire audience on Twitter and Google+, rather than just sending messages once.
- The support is outstanding. Anytime you have a question, it WILL be answered.
- The reporting feature has had a few bugs, but they were quickly fixed once pointed out.
- Convenient post scheduling to all platforms, along with batch submissions to LinkedIn Groups.
- Social media lead generation monitoring.
- Lovely user interface with all of the information you need and none that you don't.
- The social inbox gives you a convenient dashboard for managing responses across all platforms — including replies to LinkedIn Group discussions.
- It's a little bit difficult to set up the social leads function.
- I wish the analytics dashboard was a bit more intuitive and robust.
- Great scale for LinkedIn Groups by way of great distribution at once of relevant content you've created to many groups.
- Great insight knowing what LinkedIn groups are performing for you in the way what posts go through to what group, and which groups drive visits and which don't. That way you are not wasting time knowing which groups are effective or not. Oktopost tells you so you can be a smarter marketer!
- Love the inbox as it allows you to easily engage and manage responsed to your LinkedIn discussions.
- Love that it also has multi platform as I can put messages into many different social platforms and can see them on all the calender.
- Love the new bookmarklet! Can't wait to see how this evolves.
- If you are a B2B marketer, Oktopost IS the BEST solution for your content marketing and social media marketing needs HANDS DOWN.
- Managing the linkedin API throttle limits is VERY tough for ANY company. Oktopost will have this issue moving forward, and they have had issues with some posts going through, but they always let you know if there was an error and they work to fix any issues immediately.
- The new bookmarklet, although just new, can use some multi-platform pushing capabilities.
- If they can figure out Google+ communities distribution like they did for LinkedIn groups that would also be awesome! But, Google is pretty strict on APIs, so not sure that is even possible.
- Publishing and scheduling though Oktopost are very easy, whether it is a one-off post or an entire campaign.
- SFDC and Marketo integration - leads generated from social media are pushed right into our other marketing and sales tools.
- The listening in Oktopost is lacking; we are only able to track conversations that we have initiated.
- Auto-poster feature that allows scheduling of posts to be made in relatively short time.
- Calendar view has a great UI with easy to use drag and drop and editing features.
- Message assets can be saved per campaign without having to re-draft them for repeated promotions.
- Good reporting via excel export and dashboard overview
- Great customer service and support! Including response rate and implementation of requested features
- Reporting views are sometimes confusing to access, esp when within a campaign
- Navigation between pages can be better improved so that there is more bi-lateral linkage between pages and links
- Campaign Filter view on calendar should have more options: For example, would be nice to view campaigns in either chronological order, alphabetical order, etc...
- Looking forward to a mobile device app
Oktopost Scorecard Summary
Oktopost is an end-to-end social media management platform, designed for B2B marketers.
Oktopost offers detailed analytics on how social drives traffic and leads, and integrates to all major marketing automation platforms such as Act-On, Hubspot, Marketo, Net-Results, Salesfusion and Pardot. This platform also offers an employee social advocacy platform. Customers use the Oktopost Advocacy Board to increase their social reach above and beyond the company’s social network.
The vendor says that Oktopost is trusted by organizations of all sizes, from start-ups to global enterprises, as the most robust platform that matches their unique B2B requirements.
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Does not have featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?No
- Entry-level set up fee?No
Oktopost Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||41%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||42%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||15%|
Oktopost Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Oktopost Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|