Webcasting at Scale
June 10, 2019
Webcasting at Scale
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with ON24
I manage the cloud business unit, although other business units do use ON24. We wanted to utilize a platform that was easy to use, had the latest function and features for webcasting and reliability. The biggest problem we wanted to address was conversion rates with attendees. By using On24's insights we can track how well we are doing.
- Lead generation
- Reliability... I have executed over 800 webcast and only had one problem with the platform.
- Support... ON24's support is number one in the industry. We always feel well prepared before a live webcast.
- Ease of use..... We can spend more time on the content of our webcast not the process of setting it up.
- Our biggest challenge is cost. Although ON24 is the leader in the industry it does come with additional cost. As other startups catch up with functionalities and features, ON24 is going to have to be more to be competitive with their cost.
- Other companies quality of video is better. ON24 limits video quality which is a problem when you spend lots of money and resources to create the best quality video then they limited on their platform.
- ON24's billing system is not accurate and never current. I find time and time again having to reconcile the invoices.
We have been trying to fully integrate for over 3 years. This is a big problem. This isn't ON24's fault on their own we have specific requirements that have not been met. However being one of their biggest clients I dont think ONn24 has put everything they could around making this happen.
The rating is based on our experience of downtime. I said earlier only 1 webcast from over 800 had a problem. This is very important as we sometimes broadcast face to face events which could cost to produce in the millions. If the broadcast fails, we all have a problem we don't want to have.
- We have consistently increased revenue year over year.
- We haven't yet been able to take full advantage of the analytics and insights that On24 offers because we have not integrated completely. So from a ROI on the analytics its zero.
- Because we haven't integrated and other marketing activities have throughout the campaign in our systems the ON24 ROI is becoming challenged by other tactics that are performing better with the insights
The main two reasons why I chose ON24 is reliability and scale. No other vendor I noticed had the support, the infrastructure that I was comfortable with to build my webcast program. Also I felt the On24 team was more of a partner; they wanted to see us succeed as much as I did.
ON24 is suited most for large organizations. I can't see ON24 being cost competitive with small companies or even some divisions within large companies. Also On24 is well suited to run your webcast program which again allows campaign teams to focus on content, delivery and strategy of their campaigns instead of webcast process.