Overall Satisfaction with OneDrive
Being a project coordinator, I use Onedrive to manage project documents. In fact I use a couple of project management systems to mange tasks but use OneDrive to manage documents and attach them to other systems. Onedrive is used within our office for managing project related documents and our internal process documents. Using online documents makes it easy to share them with other people outside our company domain.
- Document sharing is a great feature within the Onedrive application. Documents can be shared with clients and they can review our project status.
- Online documents help with accessing data anytime from anywhere. It keeps the data secure and backed up.
- The calendar helps with managing meeting events very easily.
- Emails from Onedrive help as needed as well. I only use Onedrive emails for project alerts but it works great.
- The iOS 9.3 app did not work easily. It seems there were some bugs with accessing the iOS 9.3 mobile app.
- PowerPoint works good but it does not have all the features and themes as the offline version of PowerPoint.
- Document management became really easy using onedrive.
- Document collaboration helped a lot with managing client expectations.
- The email application helped with sending project alerts.
I use Google Drive as well for managing documents. Onedrive documents are almost similar to Google Drive documents but onedrive's interface is cleaner than Google Drive. Onedrive's support also replies in a timely manner and helps with any questions we have. Microsoft has improved its cloud based services a lot and is providing great applications with enhanced functionality.
Onedrive is good application to be used for people who manage documents online. These could be project related documents, HR documents, or process documents etc. Besides document management, onedrive provides email functionality within the online Outlook application. It helps emails to be managed easily. Onedrive support is also helpful and they reply to tickets within 24 hours.