Overall Satisfaction with OpinionLab
OpinionLab is a valuable way to collect passive feedback from a digital product user in a simple unobtrusive manner. It is easily consumable by most areas of the organization and can help direct product development.
- Easily deployed, using either standard templates or custom installs.
- Easy reporting interface, and good delivery options for automated reports.
- Extendable methods for extracting real-time voice of the customer comments during product launches, releases or other critical timeframes.
- Does simple very well, but complicated not as well. It is NOT a survey system.
- Some of the reports are still a bit old for display, but new features have been released recently giving more options.
- Standard deployment templates may be a bit limited for customization, or you need to go to fully customized and do the development yourself.
- Feedback in customer service applications has also helped us improve our call center agent's experience by allowing them to report application issues on a system that didn't have as much analyst or product development priority, and reduce our average handle time.
OpinionLab is one of the few out there that does two things very well in it's space: 1. Customer Feedback - just feedback, not surveys. Feedback is free text without more than one or two structured questions. Most survey systems offer too many options, and their reporting is made for structured data analysis not analysis of the open text fields. Some of the other tools viewed did not have the best features for medium or large scale deployment, from an analysis perspective, real-time data extract and download, or customization for branding.
OpinionLab is best suited where you want unrestrained, unbiased feedback and not complicated surveys. It means you get less structured information, but you DO get information you hadn't anticipated that leads you in new directions. Most useful when you can tie it to other analytical systems such as Tealeaf, ClickTale, Adobe Analytics, etc.
Evaluating OpinionLab and Competitors
Yes - OpinionLab was a replacement for feedback emails. Emails were often more of a request for an action that "talking at the company" giving suggestions or just making comments. We found these to be much more useful.
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
- Prior Experience with the Product
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
It fit our needs best from both deployment requirements as well as from deliverables and accessibility to the data. As our needs for it increased, we were able to make further use of the ways we could use and disseminate the data across the organization.