A visual designer's point of view
Jacob Wilen | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 12, 2014

A visual designer's point of view

Overall Satisfaction with Optimizely

I work as a product designer and Optimizely is being used by our team to test out growth and customer acquisition projects. Optimizely helps us quickly design, develop and launch temporary tests on our website without having to engage all of our engineering resources, or disrupting the core features of our sight. It is also invaluable in terms of gathering user data based on our tests.
  • Great user interface that I was able to learn quickly. I was up and running within one hour.
  • Optimizely creates temporary interactive layers, almost like "stickers" that can be placed, replaced and adjusted without major repercussions sitewide.
  • Since we started using Optimizely, we are able to take more creative risks and see what helps reach our customers and what doesn't.
  • As a designer, it is great to get in there and make minor tweaks to alignment and typography without having to take up a developer's time.
  • It would be wonderful to see the design WSYISWG interface expanded. Right now it works well, but is somewhat limited.
  • Definitely increased employee efficiency and better use of in-house resources
  • Our customer base is growing every day based on the learnings we have gotten from our testing, thanks to Optimizely!
  • We are able to continue experimenting with new creative ways to introduce users to our product.
Optimizely is the first user testing development tool of this nature I have ever worked with, so I'm not aware of how it stacks up with the competition. I can't imagine wanting to try anything else though!
In the future, I will definitely recommend that any team focused on customer acquisition and user testing try out Optimizely. My experience with them has been fantastic so far.
Optimizely is perfect for quick, lightweight user testing. I would not recommend it for final web implementations or core feature development.