Overall Satisfaction with Oracle HCM Cloud (including Taleo)
The entire organization uses Oracle HCM Cloud to create our time cards for payroll, to log expense reports, to purchase things from internal procurement, to enter information for payroll and benefits, to manage benefits, and it is also used for recruitment purposes. The business problems addressed are the need for a self-service application that can be used by employees to seamlessly complete data needed by accounting and HR, and to easily manage our recruitment and hiring process.
- Self-service - Reduces time it takes to enter and update information, purchase necessary office and promotional products, and take care of expenses whenever it is convenient for the employees.
- Integration - Integrated with various HR and accounting systems and issues are easily identified (when employees don't correctly fill in time cards, expenses are missing information, etc.).
- Taleo has reduced the time it takes us to identify and hire great candidates.
- Occasional glitches with the timecard entries - sometimes the system will tell you that you cannot categorize a public holiday as such.
- We get a lot of feedback from candidates that the process of searching through open positions is not intuitive and it is fairly time-consuming because you cannot right-click to open the job description directly.
- We have had a few glitches in the system with notifications poping up months after candidates have already started working for us telling us that the candidate still needs to submit information or documents which they already submitted during the recruitment process.
- Internal procurement purchases gave the company a better idea of which products/brands we actually prefer and have since negotiated better prices with the vendors.
- Better oversight over expenses, and employees having to justify each expense in the system has made them more aware of where unnecessary spending was happening.
Out of the other programs that we evaluated and considered, Oracle HCM Cloud had the features and capabilities that we were looking for (there are still many that we have not implemented yet or do not fully utilize). We also wanted support with implementation and integration, and having worked with Oracle before we knew that we could expect that from them.
The scenarios in which Oracle HCM Cloud would be well suited are endless because all companies need to keep track of expenses, timecards, recruitment, etc., and having a system that is self-service and easy to use is a must. Taleo is a great program to use for recruitment but for the candidates applying [for a job] it is not the most streamlined experience to use Taleo.