We love Paycor!
March 21, 2018
We love Paycor!
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Paycor
Paycor usually can come up with an answer, but I don't like that we have had so many different people. The information for reaching out is helpfully posted on your home page when you log in, though. Definite points there. Paycor wants you to be able to get help, but the person helping just can vary.
We use Paycor within our HR department for payroll and record-keeping. Aside from basic payroll operations, we also allow pay advances. Payroll has a unique, if not quite ideal, system for managing these advances. Once you learn the nuances (yes, learning curve) it works pretty well. Also, we frequently have employees request copies of pay stubs. As we only have a couple licenses at present, there is no capacity for people to get them without help. Paycor is extremely user-friendly when searching for employees by name, and in obtaining a PDF to print or email for an employee.
- Paycor is great at retrieiving employee-specific data. You can always easily find an employee by name, and then examine their history of deductions, pay stubs, and other information. When someone asks a questions, I don't have to hunt them down later to provide information. I have them sit for a minute and I can provide whatever they needed. That's a literal minute, 60 seconds. It's very quick!
- We have some unique timeclock requirements for our people: They can clock in up to 10 minutes before the shift starts, a loose window for when they can punch out for lunch, and some padding for end of day stuff. We just told Paycor what we wanted and they put it in place. We have not had any trouble.
- We have people who are ... challenging when it comes to punching in and out reliably. They miss all the time! Or, maybe they think they did, and then punch twice on accident. Paycor's system makes editting punches very easy. We then usually print the timecard to show the employee his or her mistake and that it was corrected. It is so simple because any errors or anomalies are highlighted and and grouped for error-only viewing. You can click next and proceed to correct or acknowledge them all without mixing in the error-free personnel. It streamlines the process significantly!
- Paycor does not yet have the option to NOT receive a pay stub. For example, I would choose to not receive a pay stub if possible. Even though I am on Direct Deposit and have access to my records, there is a fee associated with each paystub provided (nominal). I would like to forego the stub and just view my information online when I choose, saving money and paper. There is not yet any system for achieving this.
- Loans/ advances. While I have gotten used to Paycor's system, I do not like it. Their system forces the loans to be a constant running total for the employee over their entire employment. For example, if I took $1000 of advance last year and I want another $500 this year, the loan requires the balance limit be set to $1500. I can set how much to pay per week easily enough, but I don't like the running total, year over year. There is no other option per our rep. We've asked.
- We've had a fair amount of rep turnover during our time with Paycor. It would be nice to have a bit more stability and a nice relationship with 1 person.
- For starters, Paycor was way cheaper than ADP for us, and ADP no longer felt like a good fit.
- Paycor has been a positive impact on our business. Data can be access quickly and tasks accomplished easily.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much. - I know we save time each week just entering pay data. ADP grew to be much more cumbersome and time-intensive. We don't have the struggles we used to in making sure that everything is entered and correct.
Paycor seems to be fantastic for our size. It's easy for one person to manage payroll without spending too much time, so a good choice for the even the most time-challenged. Information is often easily accessible and well organized. The drawbacks tend to be minor, but there are a few. In our experience they are heavily outweighed by the positives of the system. It is extremely intuitive.