Direct deposit files (189)
Pay calculation (192)
Employment history (164)
Update personal information (165)
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Paycor creates HR software for leaders who want to make a difference. Paycor's Human Capital Management (HCM) platform aims to modernize every aspect of people management, from recruitment, onboarding and development, to payment and retention. For 30 years, Paycor states they have been listening to and partnering with leaders, so they know what they need: HR technology that saves time, analytics that provide actionable insights and dedicated support from HR experts. The vendor boasts more than 30,000 medium & small businesses using Paycor to help them solve problems and achieve their goals.
Paycor states they build HR software for leaders who want to:
Focus on Strategic Goals
A core HR solution for all employee data, so users never have to switch platforms, log-in to multiple systems, re-key information or open multiple spreadsheets.
Understand Their Business at a Deeper Level
Paycor Analytics brings enterprise-level insights to medium and small business.
See Around Corners
Paycor delivers expert advice at every stage of the process, from the consultative sales approach that seeks to understand the user's business before recommending solutions to ongoing guidance from a dedicated customer success team.
- Supported: Employee demographic data
- Supported: Employment history
- Supported: Job profiles and administration
- Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
- Supported: Benefits information
- Supported: Organizational charting
- Supported: Organization and location management
- Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
- Supported: Pay calculation
- Supported: Off-cycle/On-Demand payment
- Supported: Payroll history for each employee
- Supported: Benefit plan administration
- Supported: Direct deposit files
- Supported: Payroll tracking and auditing
- Supported: Salary revision and increment management
- Supported: Approval workflow
- Supported: Email notifications
- Supported: Balance details
- Supported: Travel absence management
- Supported: Annual carry-forward and encashment
- Supported: Employee login
- Supported: View and generate pay and benefit information
- Supported: Update personal information
- Supported: Request time off
- Supported: View job history
- Supported: View company policy documentation
- Supported: View company news and information
- Supported: Tracking of all physical assets
- Supported: Asset issue and transfer management
- Supported: Asset return
- Supported: Report builder
- Supported: Pre-built reports
- Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data
- Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor
- Supported: Performance plans
- Supported: Performance improvement plans
- Supported: Review status tracking
- Supported: Review reminders
- Supported: Multiple review frequency
- Supported: Candidate ranking
- Supported: Candidate search
- Supported: New hire portal
- Supported: Manager tracking tools
- Supported: Corporate goal setting
- Supported: Individual goal setting
- Supported: Line-of sight-visibility
- Supported: Performance tracking
- Supported: Job Requisition Management
- Supported: Company Website Posting
- Supported: Publish to Social Media
- Supported: Job Search Site Posting
- Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
- Supported: Applicant Tracking
- Supported: Notifications and Alerts
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||75%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||24%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||1%|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||United States|
Frequently Asked Questions
- Send daily reminders when I get close to payroll time in case I overlooked it.
- Clearly outline the amount needed to cover the paychecks, taxes and fees.
- When I reach out to Customer Service with a question, they are very prompt to respond.
- They send me quarterly tax filing reports so I have good records on file.
- They check in on me from time to time to make sure I'm satisfied; the previous vendor never did this.
- Some of the advanced features of their portal are a bit too complex for a non-financial person like me. I'm sure the CPAs love them, but they can be over my head.
- They don't have a local presence in my area. Sometimes it would be nice to put a face to the service, but it hasn't really been a problem for me.
- Not a lot of one-on-one communication between the person overseeing my account. I would have liked to at least meet the person by phone, even though I'm a very small customer to them.
- Paycor's home page is easy to navigate and provides customizable information at-a-glace.
- Paycor is genuinely intuitive for users at all levels.
- Paycor's pay grid is very robust and significantly streamlines the payroll process.
- Paycor is very responsive and supportive even when specialized and/or customized requests are not straightforward.
- Paycor's feedback option and knowledge base offer opportunities to request changes and/or learn about difficult tasks.
- Greater exposure and understanding to building and maintaining the general ledger and organizations within the platform would be great. Particularly how the accounts link to the departments and why.
- Greater understanding of how work locations operate within the departments. Do they just house the State income tax?
- Greater understanding of managing access for the organization, particularly executives and customizing access.
- Report building tutorial and creating sub-strings would be wonderful. I would love to see Paycor offer live webinars where participants could ask questions with specific examples relevant to their organization.
- Time and attendance-the time clocks are easy to set up and use, the employees can look at their hours on the PayCor app. They will even come to me and tell me when there is a problem, which saves ma a ton of time trying to track down solutions.
- Onboarding-no more paper! Yay! Employees register and log into PayCor, fill out everything necessary before they even come to work. I don't spend time chasing down IDs or tax forms.
- Payroll-so easy! Dump time cards right into the pay grid and move along.
- Third shift hours are sometimes difficult to track, especially when there is OT. The punches sometimes need to be tweaked to get the totals to work properly.
- The reports are great, the report builder could use some improvement. I have been able to get what I need from regular reports, so it hasn't been an issue.
- The knowledge base is very basic. I usually have to engage customer service when I need to update or change something.
Check stubs aren't lost. Ever.
The journal entry is created in PayCor, I just need to enter the numbers. No more math.
Punches are calculated and dumped into payroll for me. I don't have spreadsheets anymore!
Supervisors approve the timesheets, no punch cards, no math, and no chasing people around for answers.
I don't have to spend an hour watching someone fill out their tax forms.
One stop shop for recruiting. I don't have to post everywhere, PayCor does it for me.
- They're very good at being there at the beginning but once you sign up good luck if you need help
- They're very good at avoiding customers who want to stop using the service
- customer service
- Nothing, [I feel like] they have done nothing well. Everything has been a nightmare since day 1.
- [In my experience,] no one will even respond to me anymore. We are not even fully implemented.
- [In my opinion,] DO NOT USE PAYCOR
- [in my opinion,] they need to improve everything. [My experience has been that] this company lies and gives you false hopes and does not care about anything but getting the sale.
- [I feel like] they have fallen off the face of the earth and left us not fully implemented, just sitting here since April.
- Absolutely terrible people and company [in my opinion]. No one knows what they are talking about or how features work [from my experience].
- [In my opinion,] DO NOT USE!!!!
- Provides instant PTO request.
- Shows current payouts.
- Great user friendly app.
- Color scheme.
- Conflicting email from former jobs can cause an issue needs to be looked at.
- Not having an e at the end.
- Vacation scheduling.
- Sick/personal time.
- W2 management.
- Editing time cards on the app.
- Switching departments before a punch.
- Payroll automation.
- Punch clock.
- Employee self service.
- Customer support.
Chances are we could have had a better experience with Paycor but their support is practically non-existent. Once we completed the initial onboarding and set up it became impossible to get support.
- Customer Service
- Seamless integration
- The Feedback Center. If you are using a feature of the product and think to yourself, "I wish it did this....", you can go to the feedback center where Paycor uses your suggestions to develop product updates! It is excellent that they listen to their customer base this way.
- The system is clean, attractive and very easy to use!
- The HR Expert Team is AMAZING. I rely on them any time I am in doubt about something and feel immediately reassured once speaking with their professional team.
- I would love to see the employee side of the Paycor experience customized with the company's branding.
- Customer Service struggles often. If you need quick, immediate assistance you can usually get it but if an issue needs to be researched, they may not get back to you in a timely fashion and sometimes requires significant follow-up.
- Implementation fees for new features are high. Once you have the system, I do not know that it should cost as much as it does to implement new features.
- [In my opinion] nothing
- Customer service
- Allowing notes in locations, such as time off accrual
- Having our representative reach out more often. There is such advancement in Paycor that our rep is always changing.
- I think after the first year, you should have a team contact and review how things are set up and if changes need to be made.
- Outstanding Customer Service
- Timely Garnishment/Payroll Tax Payments
- HR and Payroll Webinars
- We have been using Paycor for 3 years now, and I've not had any issues with their services.
- Customer service - extremely long phone hold times, and 2wk response times for email inquiries. Received conflicting instructions and advice, so we make decisions based on a rep's instruction and then the next rep advises us that we have to do it a different way.
- Implementation - we were advised that the 6-wk lead-time to transition payroll was adequate and yet, they were still actively configuring the account up to the business day prior to us processing our first payroll, leaving essentially ZERO time for training, auditing, etc. We were also told - in writing - that we'd have a dedicated implementation team for 6mos following transition, but oops, the salesman was just wrong about that, so despite implementation never being fully completed or audited, the implementation team pushed us through.
- Training - there was essentially no training due to the fact that the system wasn't ready for us prior to us having to process payroll. Their "help" feature on the website is cumbersome and difficult to navigate. We'll often read their "guides" and the instructions seem outdated (they describe page layouts that differ from what we see).
- Account Configurations - we expressed that our goal was to streamline the self-onboarding process and employee file self-maintenance, but employees were telling us that they couldn't adjust any of their personal info online or make tax form updates. After numerous attempts to read help guides, watch videos, we finally got clarification and were told that we have to "turn on" those features and functionality. So, they'll sell you on features that they never actually activate for you and never provide any training on, so bottom line.... GOOD LUCK actually knowing what's available or how to use it!
- The Paycor system is very easy to learn and use.
- Paycor is constantly improving the system.
- Paycor listens to their customers.
- Customer Service model was changed but they have resolved most problems with this change.
- Customer Service has improved to pre pandemic levels
- Having all employee information in one place is one of the best things about Paycor.
- When we have new documentation, we can easily have all employees sign to confirm they read and accept the changes made with a few simple uploads and clicks.
- It has made our employee onboarding experience much more streamlined and efficient.
- There are sometime bugs with the system, especially around timesheet approvals.
- Would be great to see them integrate with more platforms, like applicant tracking systems, for example.
- Their payroll and HRIS system is very easy to learn
- The applicant tracking system is easy to use and has a lot of neat features
- The mobile app is easy
- Their system is able to handle our weird vacation system
- Their assistance with writing new and updating handbooks was very easy to use
- Customer service has been an issue
- Billing was an issue to start and took quite awhile to get fixed
- The benefits system they use has caused us more grief than help
- Fast replies
- Mobile app available
- User settings
- Things you can update or change as the user
- Cheaper than others
- Timely remittance of payroll taxes - penalties assessed to customers
- Reporting function is from the early 2000's it seems
- Visibility into time off of other employees
- Allow employees to clock in w/o having access to a computer (app on personal/work phone)
- Allow employees full access to pay and time sheet info
- Allow employees an easy way to request time off
- A chat feature to send messages to other employees w/o having to give personal contact info out
- For many employees, clocking in/out doesn't always register, regardless of connection strength
- The web interface doesn't allow individual customization (i.e. it defaults to displaying floating time off vs. PTO
- The app frequently doesn't register thumb print based password on iPhone
- They continue to make updates to their software on a monthly basis.
- I like that I am able to give feedback that actually creates a change in the software.
- Paycor needs to improve their customer service. Waiting for over an hour or more isn't acceptable.
- I wish you could have more control of the applications and documents to add logos and other things to personalize them to your company.
- Payroll processing was easy
- Benefits enrollment was streamlined and user-friendly for employees
- Integration with our 401k provider helped us keep things in sync
- Their customer service was slow and often not much help
- The reporting was not customizable and often left a lot to be desired
- Easy leave requests
- Readily view past paystubs
- Manage employee data
- Outlining Paycor charges
- Customer service
- Availability to answer questions
- Turnaround time on account updates
- Vacation days requests.
- Sick leave request.
- Pay stubs.
- Mobile friendly browser.
- Easy to use user apps
- Easy to use dash boarding
- All in one solution
- Missing the ability to administer evaluations globally
- Struggles to deliver on complex issues
- Struggles to complete all of their new customer onboarding, schedule creep issues