- Ensures and supports recruitment of right candidate by enabling applicant tracking module
- Fits in all organizations either small, medium or large thus becoming an excellent corporate solution
- Executes tax computation and remittance and even other statutory deductions easily and in a convenient manner
- Poor internet connections limit its functionality
- Easy to use
- Up and running in less than an hour
- Felt like I was getting a little nickled and dimed.
- Had to pay for some services that other companies offer for free.
- Sometimes felt like I was getting spammed from them.
- Paycor employees are knowledgeable and helpful when I need their help.
- The reports are accessible and easy to read.
- They automatically process the quarterly and year taxes and reports.
- I would like to see Paycor be more accessible by phone when I need an immediate answer. I have to pull out an old report to find the phone number.
- I have not heard back from Paycor after leaving a message three days ago.
- Ease of use - the program is very user-friendly. It is particularly easy to navigate.
- Resources readily available - they have lots of online tutorials to help in the day to day battle of questions.
- Customer service - everyone at Paycor is readily available to answer or help with any questions or issues.
- Recall - sometimes if you have to leave a message or email about an issue they don't always get back to you as quickly as I would like. This also depends on the rep that is assigned to you.
Have partially written a new employee manual and have used it to write reports for insurance audits.
- Time keeping feature is great as there are no cards to swipe, only four digits and a pass code that is the same for everyone.
- Report writer is an add on feature, but takes the burden away from manually determining audit periods that are not a calendar year.
- Multiple HR functions, including employee manuals. Help features are excellent and can walk you through the entire stage of building any HR report that you might need.
- Report writing should be a given in any payroll service, not a paid for add-on. Manipulating data over non-standard periods would be a very helpful feature without having to pay additionally for it.
- The system is easy to navigate.
- Deductions, such as garnishments and child support are simple and streamlined.
- Online reporting is fast and easy to use.
- Techincal issues are few and far between. If one does occur, it is resolved quickly.
- Customer service is not tailored to individual needs. There is no dedicated customer service rep. You are given an option to take the first available rep., however, this person may or may not be suited or trained in the issue you are having.
- Custom reports need to be VERY specific and require many filters to get the information that is needed. There is a chance of inaccurate data due to these filters.
- ACA reporting provides inaccurate data, often changing on a cut off date and eliminating or adding employees to receive coverage.
- Emails are not quickly responded to.
- Easy to use interface
- Custom Reporting
- Full compliment HR products
- Lack of interface between Time & Attendance and HR leads to discrepancies and duplicate work
- Support is often slow to provide responses
- Single point resource for problem resolution
- We have a few employees located in different states. Paycor makes my life easy by handling all of those different taxable locations and filing the proper paper work.
- We also have Paycor do our Worker's Compensation filing. Again, save me time and work by letting them do what they do best so I can concentrate on my work.
- The Paycor website it very user friendly and easy to use. When I do have a question about something that is new to me, I've always been able to get a quick and complete response and any issue is resolved easily. The folks I've spoken to or emailed with have all been very knowledgeable and helpful.
- When I first started using Paycor, I had one individual who handled all of my questions. I had built a personal relationship with her and felt comfortable working with her and I kind of miss that. Now, there is a team, so I no longer have that personal relationship, however the team is great and there is always someone available to help me when I need it. No worry about 'my rep' being on vacation or out sick.
Paycor is well suited to handle all federal and local tax and worker's compensation withholding and filing. Having Paycor handle all of this makes my life much easier.
We recently switched retirement plans and were looking into Paycor providing direct reporting to them for our plan. However, when we got a quote for that service, the price seemed quite high for the service being provided. It is a quick and easy report for me to generate and upload myself, so we opted not to add that service to our account. If we had a lot more employees, it may have been worth it, but for our small company, there wasn't any justification for it.
- If you have questions regarding HR they are there to help.
- When I have a question regarding how to enter info into the payroll system, there is never a wait. They take my call right away.
- The Paycor representatives are always knowledgeable and very pleasant.
- The only thing that comes to mind is how you have to check every employee not being paid in the system to process the payroll.
- Allocating employees time throughout the day.
- Use with cell phones for transferring from one allocation to another.
- Visually seeing at payroll time what employees need timecard attention, by department.
- Timecard entry screen needs a re-write.
- Daily entry for times need to be saved one row at a time, so multiple punches need to be saved as you go.
- We have employees in different states. They are very adept at handling all the different withholding requirements. I have experienced the same excellent service when there are special issues with visa withholding details.
- Paycor has patiently addressed all my questions when I call in and in a very timely and professional manner. They know their business inside and out. And they are always patient and pleasant to speak with.
- I love having Paycor do this payroll. When I was attempting to do it myself, I was getting constant notices from the state or IRS that this or that hadn't been done properly. I'm happy to report I no longer have that problem. The money spent on Paycor services is well worth it.
- A while back, Paycor went from having a dedicated person for our company to a team. I do miss the personalized care, but I have to say, I'm still getting a great level of care and competency.
- Creating our own reports was a wonderful feature, added in the last few years. Perhaps some of those could be named, such as Unemployment Insurance Audit.
- Paycor is an easy system to set up and utilize.
- Payor is user-friendly, so we don't have many questions from our field staff concerning how to pull information that they need from the system.
- Paycor's support system and customer service is lacking. It is very hard to get in contact with someone that knows how to fix an issue.
- Paycor's updates often cause issues with each of our weekly pay runs. Sometimes they do updates mid day and mid week which interferes with getting our payroll out on time.
- The Paycor system malfunctions quite often and does odd things that cannot be duplicated and so it never gets fixed. For instance, we have an employee that has 40 hours that does not show up on the pay grid but calculates and pays out. When you have hundreds of employees, things like that are hard to catch right away. We did catch it the second week in by chance but the employee had already been paid for 80 extra hours, and we were unable to recoup it because they left.
- The component in Paycor that is used to pay back advances is not good. If an employee has more than one advance at any given time, you have to add it to the original amount; you cannot start a new one. Also, if one advance is completely paid back, the system doesn't allow you to close it out and store it as historical information. If the employee takes out another loan, you have to add it to the old one. It allows for the risk of human error.
- Pulling Paycor reports is difficult and time consuming. You also cannot get an annual comprehensive report; the system can only print by payroll. So ,if I want a report showing all income for a given time period, the system pulls that period by week and gives me all four hundred plus employees by week. I then have to dump everything into an excel spreadsheet and sort it. This is so time consuming and causes errors because mistakes are easy to make.
- I was in my profile on Paycor the other day and it all of a sudden switched to our HR Directors profile. I had all of their access abilities.
- During the last update, Paycor gave administrative rights to many of our employees that should not have had it. We had to sift through our entire database to correct this issue. It was by luck that it was caught.
- The Paycor system is not very good at accepting data dumps from other systems. It changes information during the dump and it is hard to catch everything. Many errors have been made because of it.
No longer do we have to manually add up time cards or write a bunch of paper checks for payroll. These Paycor services have sped up our payroll process and allow employees to have real-time information on their hours and pay.
- Paycor allows you to create custom reports that save to your dashboard, including customization for file type, column order, calculations, etc. I created a few custom reports after my first payroll with Paycor so now it's a quick click of a button to generate these reports after each payroll.
- Paycor allows you to customize rights assigned to users. I co-manage with another individual who shouldn't have access to any pay information but still have the ability to edit/review timesheets and PTO activity. With the help of some representatives at Paycor, we have customized the co-managers' rights to allow her to manage her employees' time without sacrificing any unnecessary payroll information. Similarly, this features allows us to give supervisors limited access to manage timesheets, as well.
- Paycor provides a time dashboard that allows you to quickly see the last punch of each employee and which employees are approaching overtime. We have 3 locations and it can be hard to track down which employees are working and when, so the dashboard helps us better manage everyone's schedule. This dashboard also includes alerts to indicate when employees are missing punches; allowing us to fix it long before payroll day.
- Paycor tends to assign you one representative that handles your account. I've been with Paycor for close to a year and a half and I've had SEVERAL Paycor representatives, so I imagine their turnover must be tremendous. I've found it's best to just call Paycor rather than rely on your rep for assistance.
- Getting started with processing payroll online with Paycor wasn't too difficult of a process and the representatives were helpful on the first day. However, renting time clocks from Paycor and using the Time features online was quite a burden at set up. The rep didn't seem to fully know what she was doing and I had to make a LOT of phone calls during the first few months of usage to get everything working as we needed for our practice. I'd suggest these reps have more in-depth training AND have actually used these features. If the rep only understands what Paycor's help guide says, they're not doing me any favors.
- The online on-boarding process for new employees is very nice
- I like to be able to quickly get online and view pay history of employees
- The department heads need to approve payroll each period and doing it online is very easy
- Though I don't use the system every day I have heard from my accountant that some of the promised features were not available with our package.
- We don't like the "clock in via cell phone" option due to possible misuse. We were unable to get it turned off for our location because it was an "added feature" for all accounts. That should be an option.
- The general ledger is easy to set up and maintain without any or much training. The way it flows makes sense and is easy to follow.
- The report writer is coming along nicely. Better than it was and much better than ones we used in the past from other companies.
- The ability to easily customize the program to do what you want to do. Best part is if you know what you are doing, you don't need Paycor to do it or hold your hand during the process. Making changing or updating the program to your needs quick and painless.
- Report writer still needs some updates. When printing reports from this program, it should always look like an official report from Paycor.
- I know this is an issue across the industry, but dedicated specialist are far better than any other approach. I know it is hard to keep the good ones and time consuming the train replacements.
- Automatic rate increases after making bank on ACA module seem extreme. All the information for the ACA was already in the system. Setting up a module and continually dinging us for more money for what basically comes down to just another report still seems like highway robbery. Not Paycor specific but it is an issue with all payroll companies.
- Paycor offers many services which we can utilize at any time. They keep track of our payroll and provide several reports making auditing easier.
- Paycor keeps us in compliance and up to date with the many changes that take place. Several webinars are available and certificates are issued for credit purposes as well.
- If there is ever an issue that needs to be resolved, Paycor responds the same day. They walk you through step by step and usually our problem is solved immediately.
- Paycor recently made changes to their protocol in communications. In 2017, our company had a personal representative that you could contact to address all of your needs. That set up developed a relationship and that representative knew your history. Once that process was changed, we began getting different representatives to address the same issues with different solutions. This caused confusion and took longer to resolve. In some cases, we never received help to fix our problems.
- During the end of the year and beginning of the next year, Paycor has a lot going on in regards to preparing tax statements. If you have a problem that needs to be addressed, it could take Paycor several days to respond.
- I would like to see Paycor offer a representative to speak with if email instructions can't be resolved.
- Outstanding, knowledgeable customer service
- Broad-based reporting
- Software ease
- Educational webinars
- I have not come across a situation that I feel needs improved at this time. They are a great company and make my job so much easier.
- Easy online use
- We have employees from several states. Having Paycor pay taxes in all states is very helpful.
- Good response time from support if I have questions.
- We used to have one person to contact instead of a team of people. I liked the one on one aspect of Paycor better than I do now.
- Paycor is great at retrieiving employee-specific data. You can always easily find an employee by name, and then examine their history of deductions, pay stubs, and other information. When someone asks a questions, I don't have to hunt them down later to provide information. I have them sit for a minute and I can provide whatever they needed. That's a literal minute, 60 seconds. It's very quick!
- We have some unique timeclock requirements for our people: They can clock in up to 10 minutes before the shift starts, a loose window for when they can punch out for lunch, and some padding for end of day stuff. We just told Paycor what we wanted and they put it in place. We have not had any trouble.
- We have people who are ... challenging when it comes to punching in and out reliably. They miss all the time! Or, maybe they think they did, and then punch twice on accident. Paycor's system makes editting punches very easy. We then usually print the timecard to show the employee his or her mistake and that it was corrected. It is so simple because any errors or anomalies are highlighted and and grouped for error-only viewing. You can click next and proceed to correct or acknowledge them all without mixing in the error-free personnel. It streamlines the process significantly!
- Paycor does not yet have the option to NOT receive a pay stub. For example, I would choose to not receive a pay stub if possible. Even though I am on Direct Deposit and have access to my records, there is a fee associated with each paystub provided (nominal). I would like to forego the stub and just view my information online when I choose, saving money and paper. There is not yet any system for achieving this.
- Loans/ advances. While I have gotten used to Paycor's system, I do not like it. Their system forces the loans to be a constant running total for the employee over their entire employment. For example, if I took $1000 of advance last year and I want another $500 this year, the loan requires the balance limit be set to $1500. I can set how much to pay per week easily enough, but I don't like the running total, year over year. There is no other option per our rep. We've asked.
- We've had a fair amount of rep turnover during our time with Paycor. It would be nice to have a bit more stability and a nice relationship with 1 person.
- Paycor's Ready Clock product does a good job for us in tracking our time and attendance for our shop employees.
- Paycor's payroll product is easy to use and anytime we have any issues our Paycor payroll specialist team is available and is able to assist us quickly in resolving the issue.
- Paycor's HR module is a good source of information for us.
- Paycor's custom reporting is useful to us in pulling together adhoc reports using payroll information.
- We are a small company and our payroll, HR requirements are fairly straight forward. To date Paycor has done a good job of meeting our needs so I really cannot think of any improvements that we would require at this time.
- We have run into issues using Paycor through Internet Explorer which was the mail internet tool we used but switching over to Foxfire or Chrome solved the issue. It would be nice if it worked better with Internet Explorer.
- Tax research and resolution. The tax team is very knowledgeable and takes the burden of researching and resolving issues as they arise. This relieves the burden off of our department so that we can focus on being a strategic business partner.
- Another strength is their client support. Whenever I am in need of a particular report, they are usually very helpful in training me on how to create it or they just do it for me.
- Consistency among their client support. The level of service that one associate provides isn't necessarily the level of service you get from the next representative.
Paycor supports our payroll, benefits, timekeeping, and employee reporting processes.Our line supervisors are users of the time and attendance platform for scheduling and reporting.
We have 3 locations throughout Ohio and have 4 users in the HR Dept. Our VP Finance is a user as well.
- While it is often difficult to reach your assigned service representative, all staff seems to be well trained and able to answer our questions.
- Continued improvement by tracking customers' suggestions
- Reliable access; I have never had a problem with operating their site.
- Increasing hold times when calling for assistance. Being out of the "peak" season, I expect quicker service.
- Once multiple platforms were implemented, we were moved to a representative for each product. I understand the need for this based on knowledge, but miss the times when we had a rep who "knew our business" individually.
- Two of my platform representatives are in another time zone. This can be frustrating when needing answers early in my day.
- I would prefer more user guides be available to print out.
We are able to create multiple tiers of benefits and wages.
The Reports and Analytics is a very useful tool.
- Paycor has a very user friendly system to enter new hires and track their personal, contact, and employment information.
- Paycors time and attendance system's integration into Perform allows me to answer employee questions very quickly, while offering employees the chance to find the information on their own phone app for their account.
- Paycor's annual filing and compliance tracking make my HR life incredibly easier. I find myself much more organized and prepared for quarterly, and annual compliance.
- I would love to see safety integration into Paycor, as well as the compliance documentation that can be pulled straight from our Paycor account.
- More on-web training that can be accessed to learn the functionality of Paycor for new managers. Sending our management to classes on-site can be cumbersome.
- Paycor does very well in providing support services with a dedicated team who are knowledgeable about our needs and history.
- The platforms provide a fully integrated system minimizing manual or redundant data entry.
- Online help resources provide detailed "how-to" videos and written, printable step by step guides.
- Help resource materials are sometimes outdated.
- A few of the specialists assigned were insufficiently knowledgeable about the product. However, I must say that when this was brought to the companies attention, the problem was immediately corrected and a new specialist assigned.
- Support specialist are very responsive.
Paycor Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Key benefits include:
- The platform is designed to be exceedingly usable, while also being robust and feature-filled — enabling you to quickly and easily pay employees from wherever you are, all while ensuring tax compliance.
- Paycor's time tracking system makes labor management both time- and cost-effective. The solution allows employers to create schedules, manage requests and stay on top of labor distribution.
- Paycor onboarding enables employers to connect with new hires in a more engaging way by reducing the amount of paperwork to accelerate new hire productivity.
Paycor Videos (5)
Paycor Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||75%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||24%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
Paycor Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Paycor Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States|