Paycor Reviews

Sandie Coleman | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 19, 2020

Great for reporting.

We use Paycor to process out bi-weekly payroll. We also use the reporting tools for commission calculation and tax filings.
  • The standard reporting available is excellent.
  • The ability to customize reports is very helpful and time-efficient.
  • Customer service is very helpful and always provides solutions in a timely manner.
  • The ability for employees to manage their own information is lacking.
Paycor was willing and able to customize departments and locations when we initially set up.
Read Sandie Coleman's full review
Trisha McPherson | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 27, 2019

Good Product!

We use Paycor as our HRIS/Payroll vendor and also utilize some of their integrated services such as Litmos (LMS) and Newton (ATS). It helps us with reporting and tracking of HR/Payroll data and we like the integration between the LMS and ATS options. It has eliminated the need for multiple spreadsheets we had previously used.
  • They make frequent updates to their systems which helps usability.
  • The reporting options are easy to use.
  • Navigation is simple within the tool.
  • For employees in the HRIS side trying to make updates to their direct deposit, it is confusing for them to have to overwrite their Primary Net Account instead of being able to select a new account they added to their list of options.
  • The addition of an Employee Health set of fields for tracking of annually required items (flu shots) or health-related vaccines would be very nice.
  • Implementation of the product appeared easy at first, but the reality was that the easiness actually created issues that could have been identified or set up to meet our expectations if there had been more dialogue back and forth during the process.
Paycor is a good fit for a small to mid-size company that is looking for user-friendly options. It has really helpful resource guides that can walk you through various parts of the platform where you are trying to accomplish a task. There is not a "hand-holding" experience with the implementation or initial usage so a company needs to have a pro-active person involved in these steps in order to ask lots of questions and make sure you fully understand what functionality you are getting.
Read Trisha McPherson's full review
Lisa Bloodworth | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 25, 2019

Pay less with Paycor

Currently we use Paycor for their payroll system and it is used by the whole organization. We use the onboarding feature since we hire seasonally around 120 employees. Paycor allows us to be able to send them an email and it has the feature where we can make certain blocks of information required.
  • Paycor currently has an onboarding feature where we as the hiring agent are able to utilize and send out to any of our new hires. It's extremely helpful to not have to track down their paperwork that they may or may not have filled out. This way we have an electronic copy and no one has to second guess.
  • If it was possible to make it to where the administrator can make changes to the onboarding before it is run through. There is certain information that our staff may bring for their I-9 which we require online but I am not able to update it. Many times after they come here because of the nature of our work they may not be able to get to a computer for another three months.
Paycor is well suited for companies who have a large amount of employee turnover. Currently we have a three month period where we hire around 120 people and the on boarding feature makes it manageable for us to make sure that we have all of the information that is necessary. For other companies who also have a wide turnover rate it is helpful to be able to keep track of hire dates and relevant employee information.
Read Lisa Bloodworth's full review
Shealeen Kirby | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 22, 2019

Paycor allows the ability for job costing!

Paycor is being used as a time tracking device for hourly employees and a job costing aid for our software development process for our engineers. It allows us to capture time precisely and be able to run reports based on that data. We also use it for our open enrollment, benefit elections, and a general area to house all of our payroll and some HR related items within each employee's profile. We have not completely transitioned to doing all of our company-wide reviews on there, but it is very helpful to have a complete product fill all of our needs.
  • A dedicated representative to help with any of our questions and concerns that is familiar with our account.
  • The ability to do job costing and run reports based on that data.
  • Allowing our employees to have flexibility on their time cards with having the mobile punch option.
  • We had a bit of an issue with our representative at the beginning of not communicating well, however, we have a new rep and she is wonderful!
  • Reporting could use some work, there are a ton of reports, but there aren't specific items that I need, like running a census that allows me to see which state each employee is located in for our State reporting requirements.
  • Reporting again usually has some bugs that are associated with it, so it will sometimes take me quite a while to run a report that has a lot of data on it for our job costing.
  • Foreign payroll would be nice to have and the ability to allow for PTO accruals and time tracking for our foreign employees.
Paycor really has fulfilled quite a lot of our needs. One of the issues we have come across though is that we are not able to run foreign payroll out of it, so we aren't able to effectively track our foreign employee's PTO out of it either. I understand the reason why it doesn't roll properly, but it would be nice if Paycor, in the future, can become more diversified to be able to handle all of our foreign employee payrolls.
Read Shealeen Kirby's full review
Cheryl Sammons | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 21, 2019

Paycor FITS our Organization

Keller Group is a management company for a group of family-owned businesses. We span many different industries and process payroll for multiple federal id numbers. We use Paycor for HR, Benefits, Payroll Processing and Time & Attendance management. Paycor makes it easy to manage multiple companies/federal ids within their system. I think the integration between HR/Benefits and Payroll is seamless, and we have not encountered any issues with those two systems. The T&A side is a little more 'removed' from the other modules, but they recently provided an update on that side that included many useful enhancements.
  • One thing that Paycor does extremely well is to listen to their end-users. They have an area for feedback where you can recommend updates to be included in future releases. I have had two different ideas that I submitted be implemented in the 4 years that I have been using Paycor.
  • Paycor's customer service has been a plus. Although you have different customer service reps for different modules, they are very responsive and seem to know the system very well.
  • When we were reviewing HRIS systems, Paycor was competitively priced for our size organization.
  • I do think there is room for improvement in the integration of the T&A module and the Payroll and HR/Benefits modules. It is the most cumbersome module to work in and there are a few changes that when made on the HR/Benefit side do not flow to T&A such as Supervisor changes.
  • It would be nice to have one point of contact for all modules, but again, I have been satisfied with the level of service received from the CSR's at Paycor. Sometimes I have to look to find out who to contact about a particular issue.
Keller Group has a distribution company, a manufacturing plant, auto dealerships, as well as other industries. I have to say that Paycor has been able to handle the various situations that each of these different industries have needed to be able to accommodate -- from commissioned salespeople, shift differentials, incentive payments, etc. It is versatile and has been able to meet our needs across all our companies.
Read Cheryl Sammons's full review
Janet Cox | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 20, 2019

My day is much easier with Paycor!

I just started this position in January 2019 and as the new administrator, I was educated on Paycor. I came from a professional career where I manually handled employee payroll for over 30 years. I would have loved to have Paycor at that job. With salary employees, it's a snap. With hourly employees, it's simple. I handle technology pretty well and this is such a "user-friendly" program and I'm grateful I'm able to use it on a regular basis.
  • Calculating all taxes, deduction, fees, etc. Previously having to manually calculate these items leaves room for human error. By having the calculations done, we know they are correct.
  • Direct deposit - Employees love having quick access to their paycheck. Direct deposit is so much more efficient than paper checks.
  • Reports - At the conclusion of a pay period, online reporting is extremely helpful in providing the correct figures to put back into our Quick Books system.
  • At this point, I haven't seen much room for improvement. My only suggestion would be a change in the Payroll Journal to provide a "total" area for the deductions from a paycheck. Each pay period, I have to manually add the total deductions to be taken from the check and added to Quick Books. It only takes a minute but if we were a business with numerous employees, it might be a bigger issue.
Paycor is a wonderful system. In my opinion, the biggest advantage of using Paycor is time. Paycor makes inputting payroll an extremely quick process, and my time is valuable. Another specific advantage is quarterly reports. Not having to manually figure or really even think about payroll and reporting is a wonderful thing! Paycor does the heaving thinking for the businesses.
Read Janet Cox's full review
Zane Stevens | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

A breath of fresh air from survivors of ADP

Paycor is used companies-wide (we manage 3 companies) and serves as our payroll, HR benefits, and certification solution. The system allows easy access for our employees to log hours, update certification and training as well as manage the benefits offered by the camps with direct integration to our medical insurance broker.
  • Electronic W2's and paystubs are at the employee's fingertips.
  • Easy to switch between and manage several separate companies.
  • The New Hire feature cuts out 95% of the paperwork in the new hire process (still have to visually verify the I-9 documents).
  • A direct GL integration with our accounting system Sage-Intacct.
  • Emailed notifications to supervisors when an employee is approaching specific hour thresholds (like overtime).
Paycor is a great solution for companies with 20 or more employees. We switched from ADP payroll systems and Paycor was a night and day difference. The support is amazing and I don't think I have ever been put on hold. Our department manages 3 separate companies payrolls and Paycor seamlessly switches between the companies but keeps the boundaries.
Read Zane Stevens's full review
Joby Morgan | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

Paycor is a great choice!

We partner with Paycor for payroll, HR, and time and attendance. In 2018 we moved to Paycor from ADP and we haven't looked back. We have found Paycor to be easy to learn, easy for our staff to use, and responsive. We have found Paycor able to deal with the unique needs of a non-profit. I would highly recommend Paycor.
  • Payroll processing - Straightforward and understandable.
  • Regular updates, with users able to request and vote on improvements.
  • They have an add-on for onboarding that is clumsy to use.
Paycor understands non-profits in a way ADP didn't, and that is invaluable.
Read Joby Morgan's full review
Derek Haenke | TrustRadius Reviewer

Paycor, Save More!

Paycor is used by us to house employee information, onboard, disseminate documentation, payroll, and administer benefits. This product is used by our human resources department and also payroll. Paycor has helped us to streamline the onboarding process by allowing us to share documents and have them signed or reviewed as needed. As for benefits administration, it allows us to ensure our employee's deductions are being removed properly will minimal error.
  • User-friendly
  • Integrates well with our applicant tracking system.
  • Gives our employees access to make their own changes.
  • It gives the employee too much opportunity to make changes in some areas.
While using the Benefits Administrator, we were able to see our employee's deductions were not coming out per the choices they picked on their enrollment documentation. We were able to easily go back and make the changes for the employee, ensuring that the problem was resolved. This helped us to ensure the employee was not paying for anything they were not receiving.
Read Derek Haenke's full review
Adrienne DeCamillo | TrustRadius Reviewer

Huge Paycor Fan

We use Paycor for their payroll, time keeping, and benefits modules. We use these modules across the whole company. We are more than HR at Palm Coast Data, we have the warehouse, customer service, data entry and many more departments. Having all of Paycor's working modules makes it easier to concentrate on important items for the company rather than tracking paper. Having all of the HR/payroll items under one umbrella is great!
  • Our company has the HR Perform, Perform Time, and Perform Benefits and payroll and having everything in one place is a great HR Tool and easy to manage.
  • Paycor has great one on one customer support.
  • Paycor is user-friendly.
  • They really listen to their clients and make great changes and upgrades
  • The tax sections could be better-when you add a new hire the taxes should link to their profile for each state.
  • When updates are made emails should go out to the client on specific changes.
They have an all in one HR System which is great if you have a small HR staff.
Read Adrienne DeCamillo's full review
Joe Crews | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

Paycor Review

It is being used for onboarding, timekeeping and attendance tracking.
  • Knowledge of some of the systems.
  • User-friendly in some areas.
  • Terrible service and implementation staff.
Out of all my implementations that I have done, this was the absolute worse. I was sold that this was an easy to use system that would save me time and streamline things. I am currently working all day on Sunday trying to straighten Paycor issues out.
Read Joe Crews's full review
Tiffanie Lipscomb, RN BSN | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 24, 2020

Paycor helps us save more and pay more

We use Paycor for our daily time clock, payroll, and PTO calculations for our company. Paycor has access for employees to use an app for checking time and requesting time off. Paycor also helps us with ACA IRS filling and makes it so much easier. It makes the human resource side so much easier. It is all automatic and you can run different reports to help with anything you need.
  • Tutorials for help in many different departments
  • ACA IRS filing
  • If an employee forgets to clock in or out, sometimes we are not alerted
  • Some features have been updated but not all of them
Paycor always has someone available to help. You can call and get the help you need at any time. Paycor is great for a large company with lots of moving parts. You have the ability to clock in from anywhere with the app and it can help with off-site employees.
Read Tiffanie Lipscomb, RN BSN's full review
Shelly Eureste | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 22, 2019

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Our entire organization uses Paycor for a variety of purposes. Hourly employees use it to clock in and out. Employees request time off and update their demographics. The Human Resources Department uses Paycor to process the payroll and provide reports to the management team. We also track ACA information and do the appropriate reporting.
  • Provides quality customer service.
  • Accuracy in payroll processing.
  • Time and attendance.
  • Reporting.
Paycor works well for our business size.
Read Shelly Eureste's full review
Karina Rivera | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 21, 2019

Save time with Paycor

We use Paycor for onboarding, and it saves us from having paper files.
  • I can call Paycor, or email them, and they help me right away.
  • Health enrollments are done through Paycor, and it's very easy for employees to sign up.
  • Employees can update personal information and see their vacation days. With ADP I would have to do all those things for them.
  • I have trouble running reports, as they have lots filters.
Paycor has excellent customer service. Holly, my current account manager, is quick to respond to my issues.
Read Karina Rivera's full review
Hannah White | TrustRadius Reviewer

Quick and easy

We use Paycor to store employee information, pay rates, and for all of our payroll purposes. It is used across the whole organization. It addresses the business problem of knowing when an employee is physically beginning or ending work.
  • Clock in and out on site.
  • Stores employee information.
  • Calculates pay automatically which speeds up payroll.
  • Sometimes logs clock-ins and outs incorrectly.
  • Would like to be able to approve timecards in "New" view.
I believe Paycor is very user-friendly and would recommend it to anyone in need of a similar resource. The customer service is excellent if I ever have any issues I know I can call and get an answer or problem resolved quickly. It stores a lot of information and makes entering new hours easy and quick. I would recommend Paycor because it has been helpful to me and our company and I believe it could be helpful to many other people as well.
Read Hannah White's full review
Steve Moser | TrustRadius Reviewer

Paycor knows customer service

It is being used across the organization and is working well. It addresses both the traditional payroll system, plus timekeeping. We are looking to use the HR module as well in the future.
  • User-friendly website.
  • Good customer support.
  • Customization reports.
  • The system tends to be slow or hard to log into on Mondays and Fridays for some reason.
It works well when you have employees that are not always in the office, as they can clock in using the app.
Read Steve Moser's full review
Jeff Hartz | TrustRadius Reviewer

Paycor lets me relax

We use Paycor across our organization for a variety of hourly and salaried payrolls. It allows us automated tax compliance and accurate payments.
  • Tax compliance.
  • Accurate payrolls.
  • Documentation and w-2 preparation.
  • We have had issues with multi-state reporting.
We find it works well for both hourly and salaried applications. We also pay commissions and monthly payroll.
Read Jeff Hartz's full review
Steve Hagerdorn | TrustRadius Reviewer
November 19, 2019

Solid product that more than meets our needs

Payroll mostly, some for benefits administration. Paycor is used for the whole company. It addresses our need to perform payroll mainly.
  • Good training and support.
  • The product does what it is supposed to do.
  • Easy to use and pretty intuitive.
  • Nothing that I can think of.
Good for companies to do payroll and benefits enrollment.
Read Steve Hagerdorn's full review
March 10, 2020

Paycor, from paper time cards to payroll in the cloud.

Paycor is used for payroll for all of our employees, over 200. We use it for hourly, salary and use the transfer capabilities for employees. It helps us allocate time for employees who transfer from job to job throughout the day.
  • Allocating employees time throughout the day.
  • Use with cell phones for transferring from one allocation to another.
  • Visually seeing at payroll time what employees need timecard attention, by department.
  • Timecard entry screen needs a re-write.
  • Daily entry for times need to be saved one row at a time, so multiple punches need to be saved as you go.
Paycor works well for employees that transfer from job to job or allocation. We're able to verify location via GPS from the cell phone when the employee is transferring to a new geographic location.
February 26, 2020

Newton Applicant Tracking System is a wonderful tool!

Our whole organization uses Newton Applicant Tracking System. We use it for all job posting, tracking of applicants, and hiring of applicants. We love the system because it allows us to send the resumes through to the managers without a new email, and they can respond with there thoughts in one hashtag, which is fantastic. We also use it for all of the analytic features that it has. It has helped show how many interviews we do and how many people apply for the various job postings.
  • One Word hashtags to tell the recruiter what to do
  • Tracking of applicants, if they have applied before, what there score was, if we should interview/re-interview.
  • Analytics
  • Scorecards! We love this feature as it allows the managers to score each applicant.
  • Sometimes after an update, the tool has hiccups
  • People tend to have issues applying through a cell phone
  • There are issues with applying using Apple products from time to time
If you are looking for a great tracking tool that is easy to use if you want analytics to what you are doing on your recruiting efforts, and if you want an easy system that allows you to send resumes without using a separate email. If you like setting up phone interviews through outlook, the system will enable you to do that if you are looking for a tool that has a 24-hour help desk!
February 18, 2020

• Easy to navigate.
  • User-friendly
  • Not challenging to learn to use.
  • Reports
  • Updating information quicker in reports.
  • Templates for mass upload need to be better.
  • Should be able to roll up totals for pay stub history.
  • Users (payroll team)should be able to request stop payment from the site itself.
Not appropriate if transferring from ADP to Paycor. Documents do not transfer over. The integration team is not strong enough.
January 27, 2020

It's time to put some resources into the Paycor product!

Paycor is being used as a payroll and HRIS system across the entire organization. The application manages payroll as a primary function. Additionally, the system is being used to track benefits and store employee documents (ie, child support orders, etc.). We utilize the application to generate reports that help manage the business as well.
  • Accuracy of processing payroll
  • Sales Reps are excellent to work with
  • Reporting functionality
  • Customer Service
Smaller organizations with very little complexity for payroll. Organizations that do not have a need to generate very many reports on a regular basis, particularly reports that are rather complex or complicated. It is a great system for smaller companies who don't have a need to contact customer service very often. The customer service representatives are very, very nice but the wait time to get to speak with one is growing increasingly frustrating.

Paycor Review

We were required to utilize Paycor throughout our entire institution. While it allows headquarters quick access to employee financial data throughout the entity, I find it does little to make local life easier. If not for the mandate of upper management to utilize this company, we'd be elsewhere in a heartbeat.
  • Direct deposit is always on time.
  • Their billing department is efficient at sending bills and deducting payment from our account.
  • They work well through email and/or voicemail communications.
  • Site navigation is not as intuitive as it could/should be.
  • Getting an actual person when you call with a question, issue, or problem.
The lack of being able to reach a real person at Paycor is especially problematic. If you're looking for an entity that does much of its work
through voicemail and/or email, then Paycor is your entity. It's only
by rare exception that one is able to speak with one's actual rep at
Paycor; and attempting to contact someone else yields the reply that
they need to transfer me back to my rep.

Paycor

St. Columbkille had a horrible implementation and we have not been correct since then. In addition, we continue to be passed from person to person. We are also not a turnkey location which does not work well with the Diocese of Cleveland.
  • Payrates do not show properly so if a person changes position, this creates a problem position to position.
  • We still have several outstanding work orders from day 1 implementation in 2017.
  • A staff member that begins in the middle of the year, the pro-rated salary does not compute correctly in the product so it appears we are paying them the incorrect pro rated amount of money per the teacher's contract in the system because the systemic math is incorrect.
  • “At this time there is no way to calculate based on 18 pay periods. The true annual salary is going off of the paygroup frequency and annual hours has nothing to do with that. From my understanding that field is more for reporting purposes and has no other actual function. CWO”
  • The cursor continues to show as if it is a "double punch"—continued outstanding work order
  • We don't have the ability to get proper department reports
  • We don't have the ability to run custom reports, they have to be run by the staff.
  • DOL reports don't properly run.
  • Time card reports don't properly run each pay period. Several times they have to be run by the staff.
  • The "new" person now assigned to us "feels" they only have to "email" us rather than communicate to us.
  • Our taxes for September were not paid properly and we are still waiting for the response that is due to the IRS and we can't get anyone for the team to properly respond.
  • I could continue.
  • Ownership
Working with Adam Forbes suited our team well. He took the time to follow up on several of our work orders. Even though many items and issues were not resolved and in-process, he would work with us.
November 19, 2019

Paycor saves time and reduces stress regarding compliance

We use Paycor for managing the payroll of our private high school. It was set up by the Diocese we belong to, who is the superuser. Even though it was selected by the Diocese, I would easily select Paycor if I had the choice. It helps streamline our payroll process by managing withholdings, direct deposits, and tax documents.
  • Processing payroll and direct deposits.
  • Filing tax documents on behalf of our organization, including annual tax documents to the employees.
  • Managing/automating withholdings, especially those with limits or conditions.
  • While I haven't taken full advantage of them, I like the provided webinars they provide.
  • The reports feature seems like there is so much information there, but trying to use it is not intuitive and can be a bit cumbersome.
  • I have not figured out a way to get it to tie into our accounting system to further automate the payroll process.
  • I wish there was a searchable help database. Sometimes there may be something I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing. It would be nice to have a little how-to guide with tips that I can quickly look at and get back to work.
It is great for our mid-sized organization. It automates so much, and payroll is just one of those areas that can be so time-consuming anyway. Depending on the price point for small businesses, I would say it could be even more beneficial. My background is accounting, and I walked into this position with very little payroll knowledge. Paycor takes care of the good majority of forms, filings, etc that a new payroll person would struggle with juggling. For a small or midsize business without a dedicated payroll expert, a service like this is invaluable.

Employee demographic data (123)
Employment history (133)
Job profiles and administration (120)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (118)
Organizational charting (81)
6.3
Organization and location management (88)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (85)
9.2
Pay calculation (154)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Benefit plan administration (110)
Direct deposit files (152)
Salary revision and increment management (131)
Reimbursement management (8)
Approval workflow (84)
Balance details (99)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (83)
View and generate pay and benefit information (122)
Update personal information (125)
View company policy documentation (89)
Employee recognition (7)
View job history (110)
Tracking of all physical assets (34)
Report builder (118)
6.7
Pre-built reports (121)
6.5
Ability to combine HR data with external data (73)
5.3
New hire portal (110)
Manager tracking tools (77)
Corporate goal setting (1)
Individual goal setting (34)
Line-of sight-visibility (29)
Performance tracking (33)
Performance plans (46)
Performance improvement plans (42)
Review status tracking (45)
Review reminders (44)
Multiple review frequency (38)
Candidate search (1)
Job Requisition Management (33)
Company Website Posting (34)
Publish to Social Media (32)
Job Search Site Posting (31)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (28)
Applicant Tracking (35)
9.2
Notifications and Alerts (39)

About Paycor

Paycor offers a modern, unified HR & payroll solution that aims to help you become more efficient, while helping you connect better with your employees. According to the vendor, the product offers engaging employee self-service and unlimited workflows, thus making it easier to connect to your people, and helping your everyday processes become simplified.

Key benefits include:
  • The platform is designed to be exceedingly usable, while also being robust and feature-filled — enabling you to quickly and easily pay employees from wherever you are, all while ensuring tax compliance.
  • Paycor's time tracking system makes labor management both time- and cost-effective. The solution allows employers to create schedules, manage requests and stay on top of labor distribution.
  • Paycor onboarding enables employers to connect with new hires in a more engaging way by reducing the amount of paperwork to accelerate new hire productivity.
The solution promises to help companies streamline HR and payroll processes and get fast access to employee data.

Paycor acquired Ximble, a cloud-based employee scheduling solution, in May of 2019. The software has since been added to Paycor's core platform and will expand the range of capabilities offered by Paycor. Paycor also acquired Newton Applicant Tracking System (ATS) in 2015 in order to further expand it's HCM offering with a best-in class recruiting software. Newton ATS has been incorporated into the Paycor platform as of March 2020.