Paycor rocks

Keep track of all hours

Paycor is great!

Great Product.

We love (and trust!) Paycor!

Superb Customer Service

Paycor is Excellent!

Direct deposit files (189)

Pay calculation (192)

Employment history (164)

Update personal information (165)

What is Paycor?

Paycor provides core HR functions scaled towards small and mid-sized businesses. Paycor offers an integrated benefits platform for interfacing directly with insurance carriers and an adaptable time management platform.

What is Paylocity?

Paylocity provides 24/7 access to your online payroll and human resource data management. Paylocity offers highly customizable payroll functionality, as well as HR, benefits administration, and time and talent management programs.

What is ADP Workforce Now?

ADP Workforce Now is a cloud-based HR platform for mid-sized businesses. It features customizable modules of various HR services that businesses can tailor to their specific needs, as well as regulatory monitoring and alerts to help businesses remain compliant.

Human Resource Management

Performance Management

Succession Planning

Recruiting / ATS

What is Paycor?

Paycor creates HR software for leaders who want to make a difference. Paycor's Human Capital Management (HCM) platform aims to modernize every aspect of people management, from recruitment, onboarding and development, to payment and retention. For 30 years, Paycor states they have been listening to and partnering with leaders, so they know what they need: HR technology that saves time, analytics that provide actionable insights and dedicated support from HR experts. The vendor boasts more than 30,000 medium & small businesses using Paycor to help them solve problems and achieve their goals.

Paycor states they build HR software for leaders who want to:

Focus on Strategic Goals

A core HR solution for all employee data, so users never have to switch platforms, log-in to multiple systems, re-key information or open multiple spreadsheets.

Understand Their Business at a Deeper Level

Paycor Analytics brings enterprise-level insights to medium and small business.

See Around Corners

Paycor delivers expert advice at every stage of the process, from the consultative sales approach that seeks to understand the user's business before recommending solutions to ongoing guidance from a dedicated customer success team.

Paycor Features

Human Resource Management Features

• Supported: Employee demographic data
  • Supported: Employment history
  • Supported: Job profiles and administration
  • Supported: Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
  • Supported: Benefits information
  • Supported: Organizational charting
  • Supported: Organization and location management
  • Supported: Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

• Supported: Report builder
  • Supported: Pre-built reports
  • Supported: Ability to combine HR data with external data

Integration with other HR capabilities Features

• Supported: Additional HR capabilities (talent management, LMS, etc.) supplied by same vendor

Performance Management Features

• Supported: Duplicate Candidate Prevention
  • Supported: Applicant Tracking
  • Supported: Notifications and Alerts

Paycor Screenshots

Take the complexity out of workforce analysis and planning. Get real-time data insights to make critical business decisions.Paycor Home ScreenEasily see your companies organizational chartStreamline and optimize your recruiting process so that candidates have a great experience and you can quickly and effectively fill open positions.Make the right staffing decisions and create work schedules with ease.Paycor's mobile app allows employees to punch in and out from their phones

Paycor Video

Supported CountriesUnited States
Supported LanguagesEnglish

Alternatives

What is Paycor?

What is Paycor's best feature?

Reviewers rate Direct deposit files and Employee recognition highest, with a score of 8.4.

Who uses Paycor?

The most common users of Paycor are from Mid-size Companies and the Non-profit Organization Management industry.

Randall Putala | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use Paycor to handle my payroll processing, as well as keeping me current with federal and state taxes, unemployment and reporting. Running a non-profit is a challenging task to begin with, as I must wear many hats and multi-task all day every day. Accounting is NOT my strong suit, so I like being able to let Paycor handle all of the financial details for me.
  • Send daily reminders when I get close to payroll time in case I overlooked it.
  • Clearly outline the amount needed to cover the paychecks, taxes and fees.
  • When I reach out to Customer Service with a question, they are very prompt to respond.
  • They send me quarterly tax filing reports so I have good records on file.
  • They check in on me from time to time to make sure I'm satisfied; the previous vendor never did this.
  • Some of the advanced features of their portal are a bit too complex for a non-financial person like me. I'm sure the CPAs love them, but they can be over my head.
  • They don't have a local presence in my area. Sometimes it would be nice to put a face to the service, but it hasn't really been a problem for me.
  • Not a lot of one-on-one communication between the person overseeing my account. I would have liked to at least meet the person by phone, even though I'm a very small customer to them.
Being a small business, we can often get lost in the shuffle. At my last company that I ran for 21 years, we used a different vendor that had a local office. I actually got to meet my rep, and they took care of us very well, but that was a much larger company. I tried using them when I started this (much smaller) company, and even though I'm in Nashville Tennessee, they assigned me to a rep in Indianapolis. That person wouldn't respond to my calls or emails, because apparently, they had far too many customers to care about a tiny guy like me. When I switched to Paycor, it was like day and night. They treated me very well and respected my wishes and needs. I haven't had a problem in 3 years using Paycor, and they just "work." Everything just happens like clockwork, and that is very refreshing when you're a stressed-out small business operator like me.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month.
I don't have to file anything with the State or IRS, they do it all for me. I don't like dealing with those entities, so it makes my life much easier. Also, I don't have to calculate anything; they do all of it and I just review and approve the final amounts.
The Paycor portal is a very clean website, easy to get into and do a wide array of tasks. It's easy for a non-financial person like me to "get" what I need to do, and just do it. It has some very robust features for the CPAs and financial professionals, but I don't have to deal with those if it's over my head; their customer support people will tell me what I need to do.
August 26, 2021

Payroll in Paycor

LINK U.S. uses Paycor for HR features and payroll processing.
  • Paycor's home page is easy to navigate and provides customizable information at-a-glace.
  • Paycor is genuinely intuitive for users at all levels.
  • Paycor's pay grid is very robust and significantly streamlines the payroll process.
  • Paycor is very responsive and supportive even when specialized and/or customized requests are not straightforward.
  • Paycor's feedback option and knowledge base offer opportunities to request changes and/or learn about difficult tasks.
  • Greater exposure and understanding to building and maintaining the general ledger and organizations within the platform would be great. Particularly how the accounts link to the departments and why.
  • Greater understanding of how work locations operate within the departments. Do they just house the State income tax?
  • Greater understanding of managing access for the organization, particularly executives and customizing access.
  • Report building tutorial and creating sub-strings would be wonderful. I would love to see Paycor offer live webinars where participants could ask questions with specific examples relevant to their organization.
Paycor is a very efficient payroll processor, and the HR products are becoming stronger platforms than my initial experience. It does still seem as though Paycor is much more suited for small-to-medium sized organizations and not large at this time. Perhaps when the customer service model is stronger.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.
We have more control over the payroll process and no longer have to wait for the vendor to confirm/carry out adjustments before we can balance and move forward. The pay grid offers a greater ability to manipulate and ensure correct data for a specific period without having to alter the employee's profile.
Data is managed more efficiently in Paycor, which makes it more accessible to the users.

Paycor rocks

Catherine Haener CPA, PHR | TrustRadius Reviewer
PayCor is used by the entire organization. We use it to onboard new employees, to manage time and attendance, payroll and benefits. Our employees use PayCor to request vacation, watch their punches and read communications from the HR department. PayCor helps me to communicate with employees across three shifts, saves me a great deal of time managing payroll and benefits, and helps my supervisors manage and approve time cards.
  • Time and attendance-the time clocks are easy to set up and use, the employees can look at their hours on the PayCor app. They will even come to me and tell me when there is a problem, which saves ma a ton of time trying to track down solutions.
  • Onboarding-no more paper! Yay! Employees register and log into PayCor, fill out everything necessary before they even come to work. I don't spend time chasing down IDs or tax forms.
  • Payroll-so easy! Dump time cards right into the pay grid and move along.
  • Third shift hours are sometimes difficult to track, especially when there is OT. The punches sometimes need to be tweaked to get the totals to work properly.
  • The reports are great, the report builder could use some improvement. I have been able to get what I need from regular reports, so it hasn't been an issue.
  • The knowledge base is very basic. I usually have to engage customer service when I need to update or change something.
I can't think of a scenario where PayCor would not be the right decision. If you have to manage payroll, it is a great platform. Customer service is great, the platform is customizable, and it is user friendly. The add-ons are icing on the cake. Recruiting is a great module and implementing Benefits was a great experience. The employees are engaged in the use of the software and the [supervisors] find it easy to use too.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 25-50 hours per month.
Employees can see their paychecks and punches. It saves me time having to look it up for them.
Check stubs aren't lost. Ever.
The journal entry is created in PayCor, I just need to enter the numbers. No more math.
Punches are calculated and dumped into payroll for me. I don't have spreadsheets anymore!
Supervisors approve the timesheets, no punch cards, no math, and no chasing people around for answers.
I don't have to spend an hour watching someone fill out their tax forms.
One stop shop for recruiting. I don't have to post everywhere, PayCor does it for me.
I have supervisors and employees at all levels of technical knowledge. Nobody has had any issues with PayCor. Losing passwords is the biggest issue I have with employees. They all use it, and they all understand it. Minimal training required. It is just an easy software to use.
I've had too many issues with Paycor to continue with service. It was easier to switch over to Quickbooks and the customer service is much better. The customer service is nonexistent as I'm writing this I've been on hold for 35 minutes to try once again to cancel my service. Do yourself a favor and pass on this one.
  • They're very good at being there at the beginning but once you sign up good luck if you need help
  • They're very good at avoiding customers who want to stop using the service
  • customer service
I can't think of any good experiences using Paycor other than finding out how much better QuickBooks is. The interface system is very hard to navigate and it's worth your time to not use them for payroll, onboarding, or HR. In 2020 we had major tax issues and could not get ahold of anyone.
Our HR and/or payroll team has not had any measurable time savings.
didn't help us at all and the customer service is terrible. I've been on hold for 45 mins.
I'm giving such a low rating because payroll is an important part of any business and when you reach out to this company and get ZERO response and have to wait on hold for over 45 mins is unacceptable.
We use Paycor for everything from Payroll to HR functions, Time functions, pretty much everything and, [in my opinion,] it has been the biggest mistake I've ever made. We went through several topics that were a problem with our old provider and they assured us that things were different with Paycor. They also made several false promises and statements. We started implementation back in April and we still have not completed it. [I feel] they have totally just left us hanging with pieces missing everywhere and no one to help complete our implementation. I really don't even know what we are paying them for besides the use of software because [it seems to me like] they don't do anything. [In my experience] they have made mistakes on our tax reporting and have not fixed it, it's like they just dropped us and are leaving us "as is". [I feel like] it has been a complete nightmare and everything they said they could and would do has not been done and is not possible in the system. [In my opinion,] DO NOT USE PAYCOR you will regret it!!
  • Nothing, [I feel like] they have done nothing well. Everything has been a nightmare since day 1.
  • [In my experience,] no one will even respond to me anymore. We are not even fully implemented.
  • [In my opinion,] DO NOT USE PAYCOR
  • [in my opinion,] they need to improve everything. [My experience has been that] this company lies and gives you false hopes and does not care about anything but getting the sale.
  • [I feel like] they have fallen off the face of the earth and left us not fully implemented, just sitting here since April.
  • Absolutely terrible people and company [in my opinion]. No one knows what they are talking about or how features work [from my experience].
  • [In my opinion,] DO NOT USE!!!!
[In my opinion,] DO NOT USE PAYCOR, YOU WILL REGRET IT!! [In my experience,] lies, false statements, will just leave you not even fully implemented, no one has a clue how to use Paycor even though they work there, they will never respond to you, will make errors and not fix them or respond back to you, [I feel like] all they want is the money from you. BEWARE!! [I feel] this was the worst decision ever to switch to Paycor!!
Our HR and/or payroll team is spending more time than we did previously due to Paycor.
[In my experience] NOT SAVING OR BENEFITING ANYTHING FROM BEING WITH PAYCOR! BEWARE
[I feel it is] TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE DO NOT USE
We use Paycor to provide our workers their salaries. It provides everyone with an app base version to see their hours earned as well as how much PTO they are able to use. What's great is when someone requests time off you are instantly notified of the request. Also, the company provides plenty of ideas on how to keep track of other work issues like unpaid time off.
  • Provides instant PTO request.
  • Shows current payouts.
  • Great user friendly app.
  • Color scheme.
  • Conflicting email from former jobs can cause an issue needs to be looked at.
  • Not having an e at the end.
When I had to use PTO for a week long vacation I was able to send a request to my boss for it. But sadly my trip was [cancelled] and right away I was able to cancel the trip and my PTO was instantly returned which allowed me to set a different date.
Not sure.
Easier for all our staff to know what their pay was, request PTO and keep track of their hours.

Paycor is great!

Dcn. Dustin Hungerford | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycor is used across the entire organization and in the organization’s subsidiaries. Paycor handles the time and attendance, vacation scheduling, sick and personal time, as well as payroll. It’s ease of use is a major plus, as it can be accessed on any employee terminal as well as their mobile device.
  • Punches.
  • Vacation scheduling.
  • Sick/personal time.
  • W2 management.
  • Editing time cards on the app.
  • Switching departments before a punch.
Paycor works great at the small and medium sized business level for sure. The backend management is easy, intuitive, and clear. For example, changing or correcting punch times, adding in sick time/personal time, checking accumulated leave hours, all of these functions are easy to find and utilize even for a first time user.
I’m not in HR or don’t handle payroll.
Paycor is user friendly and incredibly intuitive. There are only a handful of areas that I could point to as a little confusing for a first timer, but once you get the hang of it, it absolutely excels in comparison to other software programs I have used for time management.
Brandon Scivolette | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycor across our entire organization for payroll, time and attendance, and employee scheduling. Paycor essentially allows us to manage our hourly employees.
  • Payroll automation.
  • Punch clock.
  • Employee self service.
  • Reporting.
  • Scheduling.
  • Customer support.
Our employees are hourly, not salary, and their weekly schedule changes from time to time. While Paycor offers a scheduling module I don't think it's built to handle schedules that change often. Otherwise, when it comes to payroll and time management (e.g. punch clock) the application does fairly well.
Our HR and/or payroll team has not had any measurable time savings.
Frankly, I don't think Paycor realized any benefits or savings when compared to our previous payroll provider. I think they oversold the functionality and ease of use of their application and, in the end, it wasn't much different than the previous.

Chances are we could have had a better experience with Paycor but their support is practically non-existent. Once we completed the initial onboarding and set up it became impossible to get support.
It's fairly easy to navigate but many of the settings and modules are segmented/separated. It can be difficult to find some of the most basic information, such as employee pay rate, as they have many different navigation tabs and it's not clear where the information you want can be found.
Approximately 70% of my requests never get answered. Those that do typically pertain to tax filing mistakes by Paycor (e.g. they overpaid or underpaid a state or federal tax and I notify them of a letter received, they did not file a return on time, etc.). In these cases I have had support take up to 5 months to respond.
August 05, 2021

Great Product.

We use Paycor for all of our HR solutions. We use it all across the company. Paycor is very powerful. The analytics functions help us with all of our reporting. Managers have access to this function and use it for staffing and other functions
  • Analytics
  • Payroll
  • HRIS
  • Customer Service
  • Seamless integration
The reporting and analytics functions are very valuable for our company. It allows us to pull data we need to make business decisions. The payroll module is also very valuable. We are able to process our payrolls with a minimum amount of time. Learning management module has a lot of courses, but they are not bilingual which is very important to us.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved over 50 hours per month.
Our previous software required two employees, one full time-one part time, to process payroll. Two years after implementing Paycor, the payroll processing is down to about 10-15 hours per week. This has helped the HR department to utilized this employee for fully in an HR role instead of just a payroll role.
The functionality of the program is user friendly. Components are grouped together with other components that make sense.
The pandemic has hit everyone in one way or another. There have been some support problems because of a lack of staff, but things are getting much better.
Robin Bemis | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycor is our company's HRIS. We use it as our central employee files, automated performance reviews and compensation management, coaching, feedback, tax and policy documents, employee handbook, job descriptions, payroll, benefits and employee recognition. Paycor has streamlined a lot of our processes, automated a lot of our processes and significantly reduced administrative burden.
  • The Feedback Center. If you are using a feature of the product and think to yourself, "I wish it did this....", you can go to the feedback center where Paycor uses your suggestions to develop product updates! It is excellent that they listen to their customer base this way.
  • The system is clean, attractive and very easy to use!
  • The HR Expert Team is AMAZING. I rely on them any time I am in doubt about something and feel immediately reassured once speaking with their professional team.
  • I would love to see the employee side of the Paycor experience customized with the company's branding.
  • Customer Service struggles often. If you need quick, immediate assistance you can usually get it but if an issue needs to be researched, they may not get back to you in a timely fashion and sometimes requires significant follow-up.
  • Implementation fees for new features are high. Once you have the system, I do not know that it should cost as much as it does to implement new features.
I would choose Paycor again and again over ADP and Paychex, which are the other two systems I have used professionally. I recommend Paycor to HR professionals and businesses.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month.
I find the Paycor system to be very easy to use with the exception of reporting. It is sometimes pretty challenging to fully customize reports, though I must credit Paycor for recently making significant improvements to this area.
I was with Paycor for five years. Recently and [I feel] abruptly, Paycor drastically raised my rate. I made the decision to switch companies. Since leaving Paycor, Paycor will not respond to give me the financial information for my company that I need and am legally entitled to. I have reached out no less than 8 times with absolutely zero response. Apparently, [in my experience] it is Paycor's practice to punish anyone that leaves by withholding information. I need the financial information for both my ongoing payroll and tax filings. I am appalled at Paycor's boldness in blatantly refusing to turn over this information. Do not use this company or [in my opinion] you will regret it.
  • [In my opinion] nothing
  • Customer service
  • Responsiveness
  • Cost
In my opinion, Paycor's behavior has been unconscionable.
[I feel that] Paycor has zero customer service. [In my experience] no one will ever call you back when you have a question. Additionally, they overdrafted my account running payroll without my authorization.
Andrea Newnum | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started using Paycor over a year ago. We went from a very manual system to a pretty much automated user-friendly system. Paycor was fantastic to work with to implement this new software throughout our company. The training before and after implementation is fantastic. Customer service is great, I have not had an issue that they could not solve while I was on the phone. The constant upgrades to better the software help our company keep up to date. Paycor's report and analytics are great to stay on top of financials along with tracking retention and recruiting.
  • Recruitment
  • Onboarding
  • Payroll
  • Benefits
  • Allowing notes in locations, such as time off accrual
  • Having our representative reach out more often. There is such advancement in Paycor that our rep is always changing.
  • I think after the first year, you should have a team contact and review how things are set up and if changes need to be made.
We have been with Paycor for a little over a year and went from a very manual payroll and HR process to a very automated one with Paycor. All platforms seem to mesh very well and make everything very quick and sleek.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved over 50 hours per month.
Cutting our onboarding time nearly in half has allowed our HR team to take on more tasks. Cutting our payroll processing time in half has allowed us to process both our facilities in the same week and it takes just a few hours to complete.
Paycor is very user friendly.
Shelly Mize | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company utilizes Paycor for our payroll processing and payroll related tax payments. It is only used currently by myself as we are a small company.
  • Outstanding Customer Service
  • Timely Garnishment/Payroll Tax Payments
  • HR and Payroll Webinars
  • We have been using Paycor for 3 years now, and I've not had any issues with their services.
Anytime I've ever had an inquiry; if the representative I reached is unable to help, they point me in the right direction and then follow-up to ensure I was assisted to my satisfaction.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.
I believe that any time savings have come from the payroll dashboard being so user friendly.
Paycor's usability is superior to other payroll service providers.
We transitioned to Paycor based on our need for an easier self-onboarding interface and because we were looking for better customer support. Our salesman way overpromised (he provided specifics of services that simply aren't available to clients of our size of 50+ employees and only available to 100+ employer companies), our implementation was incomplete and rushed and due to numerous human entry errors on the Paycor team, 8 months after implementation, we're still finding issues with how time off accruals was set up, or how other site features were configured. Trying to get "support" is a total and complete joke - their anticipated email response time is roughly 2 WEEKS (per their advice). Want to call someone for help?! Just be prepared to carve out at least 30mins of your workday, b/c, in my experience, a 20min hold time before having your call answered is typical. This is the 4th payroll provider that I've worked with intimately, and they lag in technology, system configuration, and reporting and are by far the worst in terms of customer support and implementation. So extremely disappointed!
  • Overpromise.
  • Underdeliver.
  • Customer service - extremely long phone hold times, and 2wk response times for email inquiries. Received conflicting instructions and advice, so we make decisions based on a rep's instruction and then the next rep advises us that we have to do it a different way.
  • Implementation - we were advised that the 6-wk lead-time to transition payroll was adequate and yet, they were still actively configuring the account up to the business day prior to us processing our first payroll, leaving essentially ZERO time for training, auditing, etc. We were also told - in writing - that we'd have a dedicated implementation team for 6mos following transition, but oops, the salesman was just wrong about that, so despite implementation never being fully completed or audited, the implementation team pushed us through.
  • Training - there was essentially no training due to the fact that the system wasn't ready for us prior to us having to process payroll. Their "help" feature on the website is cumbersome and difficult to navigate. We'll often read their "guides" and the instructions seem outdated (they describe page layouts that differ from what we see).
  • Account Configurations - we expressed that our goal was to streamline the self-onboarding process and employee file self-maintenance, but employees were telling us that they couldn't adjust any of their personal info online or make tax form updates. After numerous attempts to read help guides, watch videos, we finally got clarification and were told that we have to "turn on" those features and functionality. So, they'll sell you on features that they never actually activate for you and never provide any training on, so bottom line.... GOOD LUCK actually knowing what's available or how to use it!
I personally have not had any experience with Paycor that leaves me feeling that they're well-suited to be a payroll provider.
We haven't saved time because our account wasn't correctly configured and we've had to chase down the team to try to get errors resolved. I know this sounds silly but 1 of our employees' names DOES NOT ALPHABETIZE! Like, everyone else sorts alphabetically by last name (and that's the sort order we've chosen), but despite checking NUMEROUS times and re-typing the name, someone with the last name "SA-" is sorted behind someone with "SH-". Of course, Paycor still hasn't responded to emails from 3wks ago asking for a resolution, but the fact that their system can't even alphabetize correctly gives me pause.
The overall interface is similar to others, but the fact that half of the features are turned "off" and you have to know WHERE to go in the system to manually turn features "on" seems annoying (like just make all of the features that you sold me on available to me at the outset... why should I individually one-by-one have to identify features and then try to figure out where they might be and how I might turn them on?!?! Also, [I believe] their notification system is a joke. If a payroll fails to process, Paycor will NOT notify anyone in the company. You'll find out when the checks don't arrive (whereas every other payroll provider would alert you if any pay run failed to process by the anticipated date/time).
January 12, 2022

Paycor is Excellent!

We have been using Paycor for over two years. We are much more satisfied with Paycor than the our previous provider , Ultimate Software. The Paycor system is very easy to understand and use. The Paycor system has allowed our Human Resources Department automate many paper processes. Overall, our experience with Paycor is very good. They did change their customer service model with lots of issues during the transition. Paycor has listened to our concerns on this issue and had made adjustments to fix the problems. Their customer service is very good now with good response times. Paycor communicates with us on ideas for improvement and involves us in the beta testing. This is important to us because we want the system to improve even more!
  • The Paycor system is very easy to learn and use.
  • Paycor is constantly improving the system.
  • Paycor listens to their customers.
  • Customer Service model was changed but they have resolved most problems with this change.
  • Customer Service has improved to pre pandemic levels
The system is easy to learn and use. It also can be modified to meet your specific needs during implementation. Paycor seeks users feedback to improve the system.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 25-50 hours per month.
Paycor is very easy to learn and use.
We use Paycor for HR Management and specifically to onboard new employees, track PTO hours, manage payroll, manage important notifications and documents, etc.
  • Having all employee information in one place is one of the best things about Paycor.
  • When we have new documentation, we can easily have all employees sign to confirm they read and accept the changes made with a few simple uploads and clicks.
  • It has made our employee onboarding experience much more streamlined and efficient.
  • There are sometime bugs with the system, especially around timesheet approvals.
  • Would be great to see them integrate with more platforms, like applicant tracking systems, for example.
Paycor is great for small and medium-sized businesses that have grown to a point where they would like to manage payroll and HR internally. It helps make the transition easy. They have great customer support and onboarding to make the transition smooth.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month.
Prior to using Paycor we used Insperity so we had to do a lot of preparation in order to make the transition to Paycor efficient. Once we made the switch it has saved us hours of time and money in regard to overall HR management, onboarding, etc.
It's easy to navigate once you understand the fundamentals. Our employees also have an easy time navigating and our administrator does not need to do additional training with anyone once they learn the platform.
We use it to process semi-monthly payroll for hourly and salary staff. We use it for timekeeping and paid time off requests. We use their applicant tracking system and onboarding for all new hires. We use it to verify the Form I-9 through E-verify. We use their benefits administration system. We also use their ACA system. 401K and FSA use a 180-degree integration.
  • Their payroll and HRIS system is very easy to learn
  • The applicant tracking system is easy to use and has a lot of neat features
  • The mobile app is easy
  • Their system is able to handle our weird vacation system
  • Their assistance with writing new and updating handbooks was very easy to use
  • Customer service has been an issue
  • Billing was an issue to start and took quite awhile to get fixed
  • The benefits system they use has caused us more grief than help

The payroll system, HRIS System, timekeeping, and applicant tracking [are] great. These products have saved me so much time and we have much better [recording] keeping with applicants now. I really enjoy using Paycor for these things. The parts I have problems with are as follows. Customer service is not set up the way I like it. You must call in or e-mail. If you e-mail sometimes, you won’t get a response for a week. When you call in, there is a large phone maze to navigate to find someone to help with your specific problem. Some days you can wait for multiple hours on hold for someone to pick up your call. The benefits system has been terrible. It is a third-party system that they bought and integrated. However, Implementation did not go well for us. The reports that we are supposed to be able to pull for the information we need doesn't work right. It leaves out different columns each time we run it. We were told that a ticket was sent to IT to figure it out, but it has not been resolved yet and that was in December of 2020. We were better off doing it by hand.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month.
We have a very complicated, semi-monthly, payroll. It used to take me between 8-12 hours to complete payroll. Now it takes me 4 hours. I have so much more time in my week to take care of HR work and my managers have more time to get payroll adjustments to me before I process. Applicant paperwork takes less time and is all digital now. I can now [fully] process an new hire in 30mins whereas before it would take me about 1 hour. We hire between 100 and 150 people in the months of April and May so this is huge for me.
Overall the system is very intuitive. It is easy to pick up. Even my older workforce is able to use the app to clock in and out and make time-off requests. If they happen to forget a password they will often need assistance. Our younger workforce has no problems.
There is no one point of contact. If you have an issue you can e-mail support. Most of the time they get back to you in about 1-2 days. Sometimes [it's] more than a week. When you call in you have to navigate a phone maze to get to the right department for your issue. if it is a really busy day then you could be on hold for multiple hours. When we had a billing issue we had to reach out to the CEO in order to get things fixed.
October 31, 2021

Paycor for your jobcorp!

Paycor is set up to be very user unfriendly. In the event that I needed to change my banking information for DP, it made me contact corp and attempt to reach out to them to change it or via my manager. I did not have the choice or option to change the information easily myself.
  • Fast replies
  • Mobile app available
  • User settings
  • Things you can update or change as the user
As I stated, the mobile app is nice but it does not allow the user to modify or change many different areas. It does not allow for the user to change things for banking such as routing or checking. It does not allow you to update personal information. It states everything needs to be change via the person who set up for the paycor.
Not sure.
I am not fully sure on these specific details as I am not in charge of that part of the company. As a user, i have very limited access to these things and will not be able to give a valid idea of what the experience if like. I believe the owner of the program that puts in the information has the option to set the permissions and has lowered the type I have.
It has its pros and cons and can be very effective when it comes to setting up the initial account and making sure the information is entered fast and effectively, however, as i stated the fact that you can not edit or change your own person settings or personal information is a very big con for me.
We use Paycor for Payroll, including time & attendance. We implemented it in January 2021.
  • Cheaper than others
  • Timely remittance of payroll taxes - penalties assessed to customers
  • Reporting function is from the early 2000's it seems
  • Visibility into time off of other employees
Paycor maybe was a decent software back in the day, but for 2021, it seems outdated and stodgy. Also, my main issue with them is the fact that I've been fined by multiple states because Paycor remitted our payroll taxes late. It's very difficult to see who is off on PTO if they are not on your team. Also, it's difficult to create reports unless explicitly trained on it (not intuitive).
Paycor is very manual and not intuitive, so I can't say that it has saved us time. I feel like I always need to check their work behind the scenes on payroll, and they are often making back-dated adjustments to catch up tax items that changed in the past. I'm not sure what the issue is on their side - perhaps COVID related?
Paycor seems to have been built a long time ago, as some features are very outdated with their design and functionality.
Our company uses Paycor as the HR and Payroll software for all employee usage. We use it for annual benefit enrolment, management, payroll (inc taxes, clocking in & out). We also use it for employees to request time off and submit missed time punches. Paycor is being used by our entire company, not just one or two divisions. Our company replaced a much more "clunky" solution that was browser-only based.
  • Allow employees to clock in w/o having access to a computer (app on personal/work phone)
  • Allow employees full access to pay and time sheet info
  • Allow employees an easy way to request time off
  • A chat feature to send messages to other employees w/o having to give personal contact info out
  • For many employees, clocking in/out doesn't always register, regardless of connection strength
  • The web interface doesn't allow individual customization (i.e. it defaults to displaying floating time off vs. PTO
  • The app frequently doesn't register thumb print based password on iPhone
It appears to be really good for employees to use, with some exceptions: the app can be buggy, especially when trying to clock in/out (punches are not always registered) and I frequently have to type in my password vice using the biometric feature of my iPhone. One area it could really improve on is simplicity for those that are not "tech-savvy"; we have several people who are not great with computers and have challenges with accomplishing some tasks in the app or the website.
I’m not in HR or don’t handle payroll.
Paycor is pretty good for those who are computer/tech-savvy but could use some help with the UI for those who are not very tech-savvy. Maybe if it had a couple of interface options/themes: one for people comfortable with apps/computers and one for those that just need basic functions that are not very good with computers.
We use Paycor for our recruiting, onboarding, time sheets, payroll and benefits administration.
  • They continue to make updates to their software on a monthly basis.
  • I like that I am able to give feedback that actually creates a change in the software.
  • Paycor needs to improve their customer service. Waiting for over an hour or more isn't acceptable.
  • I wish you could have more control of the applications and documents to add logos and other things to personalize them to your company.
Paycor works really well if you only have one company and one tax ID. If you have multiple tax ID's and employees working across those different ID's paying them and tracking the expenses is a pain.
Not sure.
Sometimes it is hard to find information as things aren't really grouped together in a way that makes sense.
We used Paycor to process our company's payroll and also to manage our benefits enrollments, 401k settings, and onboarding. It helped our organization to keep all HR files in one place. We had a centralized HR department, which handled the benefits enrollment, and our Finance team handled the payroll processing.
  • Payroll processing was easy
  • Benefits enrollment was streamlined and user-friendly for employees
  • Integration with our 401k provider helped us keep things in sync
  • Their customer service was slow and often not much help
  • The reporting was not customizable and often left a lot to be desired
In a smaller company I think Paycor is a great fit. As the company's reporting needs grow I think Paycor will present a problem. Additionally, any company using Paycor needs to have a software-savvy user on the team, as their customer service was often not helpful. A lot of the setup and management still needed to be completed by the in house team.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.
We saved time because the system was integrated with our benefits and 401k providers, so we didn't have to update changes in more than one place. Additionally, having the review system tied into payroll was helpful in keeping the merit increases efficient.
It's super easy to use and user friendly. I take one point off because the reporting is not great and we ended up doing a lot of our reporting in Excel after the fact.
Paycor was mainly used by our HR department to manage employee information, employee time, benefits, as well as leave requests. Paycor was also used organization-wide by employees to view previous and upcoming paystubs, pay rates, leave balance, and to submit leave requests. Paycor allowed for an easy approval system for leave requests that flowed simply from employee to supervisor.
  • Easy leave requests
  • Readily view past paystubs
  • Manage employee data
  • Outlining Paycor charges
  • Customer service
  • Availability to answer questions
  • Turnaround time on account updates
Navigating the Paycor sight is relatively simple and sections of information are clearly identified. Employees noted that leave requests were easy to find and leave balances were easy to view. Most days, it was extremely difficult to contact customer service and updates to user accounts took weeks/months to be reflected on the user side. Paying the Paycor invoices was difficult prior to ACH setup. Invoices were hard to view and required random approvals to pay.
I’m not in HR or don’t handle payroll.
The Paycor site is easy to navigate. The sections are clearly identified, and the employee information section is especially easy to view and update. I found viewing reports to be difficult, but this could be due to the delay in updating my account access. We found it hard to add access to certain accounts after the initial account setup.

Paycor Pays Off

Paycor has made management of time off (vacation and sick days) very simple. It also helps with keeping up with pay stubs and tax documentation and proof of employment. I personally don't use the daily clock in (due to being salary), but it also seems from our other users to work quite well for that. Managers of other users can adjust clock ins/outs if necessary to adjust time worked for payments. Overall I feel it has been a benefit to our company.
  • Vacation days requests.
  • Sick leave request.
  • Pay stubs.
  • Mobile friendly browser.
Being that I haven't utilized other options in this space I can't say I'd 100% recommend it over other options. It has functioned well for our needs from my stand point, but if someone else had something they love I'd be hesitant to push them to switching to Paycor over that.
I’m not in HR or don’t handle payroll.
Most aspects fully function as they should. The website on a mobile browser can be finicky and cause trouble.
We are using paycor across all our US team members to be the centralized hub for everything to do with HR, performance management, learning and payroll
  • Easy to use user apps
  • Easy to use dash boarding
  • All in one solution
  • Missing the ability to administer evaluations globally
  • Struggles to deliver on complex issues
  • Struggles to complete all of their new customer onboarding, schedule creep issues
This a great all in one solution that works well for simple company structures. Where there are more complex structures, the product and support seem to struggle
The G/L transaction alignment with our ERP has been crucial
It has an OK UI but seems slightly outdated and overly complex