Paycor offers recruiting, hiring, benefits administration, payroll, tax compliance, and time & attendance tracking capabilities.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/2z/Im/6FEZILIBFBR1.PNGReliable system for a good pricePaycor is currently being used by our company to run biweekly payroll services. Our company has less than ten employees so it was difficult to find a service that had the features we were looking for while at the same time being cost friendly. Our consultant recommended Paycor and we have been satisfied so far.,Easy to use Up and running in less than an hour Consistent,Felt like I was getting a little nickled and dimed. Had to pay for some services that other companies offer for free. Sometimes felt like I was getting spammed from them.,9,Running payroll now saves probably about an hour every week now. Probably also save a couple of hours at the end of year . One less thing to have to think about.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month.,9,Zenefits and GustoNot So HappyI used PayCor for three separate companies. Customer service was not very knowledgeable and my prices for shipping were all over the place. After struggling with them two years I finally made the decision to make a move and so far it was the best decision I've made. The new company I am using is very helpful. The system isn't quite as user friendly but the team is very knowledgeable and helpful and responds very quickly,,The system is user friendly,All new customer service,2,Pro: Easy access to employee information Con: When you leave you have NO access to your employee files Con: Prices increased and the shipping changed weekly (although it was almost always the same amount of checks etc.),Our HR and/or payroll team is spending more time than we did previously due to Paycor.,1,4,It Pays to Use PaycorPaycor is being used as a payroll service for our church and school. The Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston has recommended the company to us.,Paycor employees are knowledgeable and helpful when I need their help. The reports are accessible and easy to read. They automatically process the quarterly and year taxes and reports.,I would like to see Paycor be more accessible by phone when I need an immediate answer. I have to pull out an old report to find the phone number. I have not heard back from Paycor after leaving a message three days ago.,10,The employees can now view their pay stubs and profiles online.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month.,8,9,Easy Peasy PaycorWe use Paycor on an organizational level. It is easy to manage and easy for employees to access.,Ease of use - the program is very user-friendly. It is particularly easy to navigate. Resources readily available - they have lots of online tutorials to help in the day to day battle of questions. Customer service - everyone at Paycor is readily available to answer or help with any questions or issues.,Recall - sometimes if you have to leave a message or email about an issue they don't always get back to you as quickly as I would like. This also depends on the rep that is assigned to you.,10,Keeping track of contributions for child support or garnishments is easy. Ease of use for tracking is wonderful.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 25-50 hours per month.,9,10,ADP Enterprise eTIMEBiggest Payroll bang for the buck!We use it for our main business and one subsidiary. We use the timekeeping feature which is very easy to use and adjust keypunch errors. The online reports are precise and easy to read. Have partially written a new employee manual and have used it to write reports for insurance audits.,Time keeping feature is great as there are no cards to swipe, only four digits and a pass code that is the same for everyone. Report writer is an add on feature, but takes the burden away from manually determining audit periods that are not a calendar year. Multiple HR functions, including employee manuals. Help features are excellent and can walk you through the entire stage of building any HR report that you might need.,Report writing should be a given in any payroll service, not a paid for add-on. Manipulating data over non-standard periods would be a very helpful feature without having to pay additionally for it.,10,Has definitely been an upgrade from our previous payroll experience. From time keeping through the payroll submission process, the system is very easy to use and adjust, if necessary. Hiring and entering data for new employees has also saved time by streamlining the process. While we do not utilize all of the features, due to a being a small manufacturing organization, there are numerous reporting and report building mechanisms available to assist with most HR functions.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month.,9,10,
Paycor

Paycor Reviews

Paycor
Top Rated Award
Filter 133 vetted Paycor reviews and ratings
October 16, 2018

Paycor Review: "Reliable system for a good price"

• Up and running in less than an hour
  • Consistent
  • Felt like I was getting a little nickled and dimed.
  • Had to pay for some services that other companies offer for free.
  • Sometimes felt like I was getting spammed from them.
Really appreciated how user-friendly the service was. I was able to get everything up and running in under an hour and it seems like it works pretty consistently. I was a little disappointed that some of the services such as setup and yearly tax runs were additional charges, whereas other companies I looked at included this for free at a much lower overall cost.
Read Chris Kennedy's full review
September 07, 2018

Paycor Review: "Not So Happy"

• The system is user friendly
  • All new customer service
If you want a user friendly system but don't care about price or customer service then this is a good option for you. If you don't want prices jacked (rather rates or shipping) and don't want lousy customer service then you need to go else where because that's what you'll get here.
Read Debbie Taylor's full review
July 06, 2018

User Review: "It Pays to Use Paycor"

• Paycor employees are knowledgeable and helpful when I need their help.
  • The reports are accessible and easy to read.
  • They automatically process the quarterly and year taxes and reports.
  • I would like to see Paycor be more accessible by phone when I need an immediate answer. I have to pull out an old report to find the phone number.
  • I have not heard back from Paycor after leaving a message three days ago.
In the past few months, one of my employees did not get paid. Something was manually checked by me that I did not know I checked. Although it took several calls and emails and about a week, the representative from Paycor talked me through how to print a check from the school's account but show it through Paycor.
Read Barbie Porter's full review
July 02, 2018

User Review: "Easy Peasy Paycor"

• Ease of use - the program is very user-friendly. It is particularly easy to navigate.
  • Resources readily available - they have lots of online tutorials to help in the day to day battle of questions.
  • Customer service - everyone at Paycor is readily available to answer or help with any questions or issues.
  • Recall - sometimes if you have to leave a message or email about an issue they don't always get back to you as quickly as I would like. This also depends on the rep that is assigned to you.
I would highly recommend Paycor. I have used other payroll and HR platforms in the past and this one is by far the easiest to use.
Read Erin Wukawitz's full review
June 27, 2018

Paycor Review: "Biggest Payroll bang for the buck!"

• Time keeping feature is great as there are no cards to swipe, only four digits and a pass code that is the same for everyone.
  • Report writer is an add on feature, but takes the burden away from manually determining audit periods that are not a calendar year.
  • Multiple HR functions, including employee manuals. Help features are excellent and can walk you through the entire stage of building any HR report that you might need.
  • Report writing should be a given in any payroll service, not a paid for add-on. Manipulating data over non-standard periods would be a very helpful feature without having to pay additionally for it.
Running payroll is very easy and as is adding employees.
Read Wendell Stoeffler's full review

"Paycor Review"

Paycor is used throughout the company. It is used to rectify payroll and distribute employees wages.
  • The system is easy to navigate.
  • Deductions, such as garnishments and child support are simple and streamlined.
  • Online reporting is fast and easy to use.
  • Techincal issues are few and far between. If one does occur, it is resolved quickly.
  • Customer service is not tailored to individual needs. There is no dedicated customer service rep. You are given an option to take the first available rep., however, this person may or may not be suited or trained in the issue you are having.
  • Custom reports need to be VERY specific and require many filters to get the information that is needed. There is a chance of inaccurate data due to these filters.
  • ACA reporting provides inaccurate data, often changing on a cut off date and eliminating or adding employees to receive coverage.
  • Emails are not quickly responded to.
I get the impression that Paycor would be a better system if you have the entire system. Using Paycor for payroll is fine, but there is more that it can be used for, however, the system is a-la-carte.
Read Brian Rinness's full review
June 26, 2018

User Review: "Paycor is Good"

Paycor is being used across the organization to procress payroll and associated payroll taxes as well as track hours worked by department, PTO accruals and other similar tasks.
  • Easy to use interface
  • Custom Reporting
  • Full compliment HR products
  • Lack of interface between Time & Attendance and HR leads to discrepancies and duplicate work
  • Support is often slow to provide responses
  • Single point resource for problem resolution
Paycor is well suited to meet basic payroll and HR management needs. They do a fine job of maintaining tax records and timely filing. The HR system supports multiple levels of supervision. Benefit tracking works well with some upfront work. Cost effective for mid-sized users. Does not require advanced technical skills to work with.
Read Leigh Skat's full review
June 19, 2018

User Review: "Paycor makes my life easier"

We use Paycor to process our entire company payroll. We have 4 different pay cycles each month, all of which are processed through Paycor. It is very user-friendly to use and whenever I do have any time of issue, I can contact my PaycorChoice team member and the situation is resolved quickly.
  • We have a few employees located in different states. Paycor makes my life easy by handling all of those different taxable locations and filing the proper paper work.
  • We also have Paycor do our Worker's Compensation filing. Again, save me time and work by letting them do what they do best so I can concentrate on my work.
  • The Paycor website it very user friendly and easy to use. When I do have a question about something that is new to me, I've always been able to get a quick and complete response and any issue is resolved easily. The folks I've spoken to or emailed with have all been very knowledgeable and helpful.
  • When I first started using Paycor, I had one individual who handled all of my questions. I had built a personal relationship with her and felt comfortable working with her and I kind of miss that. Now, there is a team, so I no longer have that personal relationship, however the team is great and there is always someone available to help me when I need it. No worry about 'my rep' being on vacation or out sick.

Paycor is well suited to handle all federal and local tax and worker's compensation withholding and filing. Having Paycor handle all of this makes my life much easier.

We recently switched retirement plans and were looking into Paycor providing direct reporting to them for our plan. However, when we got a quote for that service, the price seemed quite high for the service being provided. It is a quick and easy report for me to generate and upload myself, so we opted not to add that service to our account. If we had a lot more employees, it may have been worth it, but for our small company, there wasn't any justification for it.

Read Janet Sokalski's full review
August 07, 2018

User Review: "Paycor's always available"

We have been using Paycor for payroll processing for over 7 years.
  • If you have questions regarding HR they are there to help.
  • When I have a question regarding how to enter info into the payroll system, there is never a wait. They take my call right away.
  • The Paycor representatives are always knowledgeable and very pleasant.
  • The only thing that comes to mind is how you have to check every employee not being paid in the system to process the payroll.
Paycor makes it easy when it comes to being compliant with regulations.
Read Nikki Meisner-Yasbeck's full review
July 09, 2018

User Review: "Happy I made the move to Paycor"

We use Paycorfor all our payroll needs across all departments. We have not added any special services as we are a bit specialized.
  • We have employees in different states. They are very adept at handling all the different withholding requirements. I have experienced the same excellent service when there are special issues with visa withholding details.
  • Paycor has patiently addressed all my questions when I call in and in a very timely and professional manner. They know their business inside and out. And they are always patient and pleasant to speak with.
  • I love having Paycor do this payroll. When I was attempting to do it myself, I was getting constant notices from the state or IRS that this or that hadn't been done properly. I'm happy to report I no longer have that problem. The money spent on Paycor services is well worth it.
  • A while back, Paycor went from having a dedicated person for our company to a team. I do miss the personalized care, but I have to say, I'm still getting a great level of care and competency.
  • Creating our own reports was a wonderful feature, added in the last few years. Perhaps some of those could be named, such as Unemployment Insurance Audit.
I would recommend Paycor without reservation.
June 27, 2018

Paycor Review: "Poor Performer"

We currently use Paycor across our entire company. Our business model is unique and involves many cost centers with differing pay rates, deductions, and taxes, so we decided to outsource our payroll six years ago to help alleviate cost and risk associated with in-house processing.
  • Paycor is an easy system to set up and utilize.
  • Payor is user-friendly, so we don't have many questions from our field staff concerning how to pull information that they need from the system.
  • Paycor's support system and customer service is lacking. It is very hard to get in contact with someone that knows how to fix an issue.
  • Paycor's updates often cause issues with each of our weekly pay runs. Sometimes they do updates mid day and mid week which interferes with getting our payroll out on time.
  • The Paycor system malfunctions quite often and does odd things that cannot be duplicated and so it never gets fixed. For instance, we have an employee that has 40 hours that does not show up on the pay grid but calculates and pays out. When you have hundreds of employees, things like that are hard to catch right away. We did catch it the second week in by chance but the employee had already been paid for 80 extra hours, and we were unable to recoup it because they left.
  • The component in Paycor that is used to pay back advances is not good. If an employee has more than one advance at any given time, you have to add it to the original amount; you cannot start a new one. Also, if one advance is completely paid back, the system doesn't allow you to close it out and store it as historical information. If the employee takes out another loan, you have to add it to the old one. It allows for the risk of human error.
  • Pulling Paycor reports is difficult and time consuming. You also cannot get an annual comprehensive report; the system can only print by payroll. So ,if I want a report showing all income for a given time period, the system pulls that period by week and gives me all four hundred plus employees by week. I then have to dump everything into an excel spreadsheet and sort it. This is so time consuming and causes errors because mistakes are easy to make.
  • I was in my profile on Paycor the other day and it all of a sudden switched to our HR Directors profile. I had all of their access abilities.
  • During the last update, Paycor gave administrative rights to many of our employees that should not have had it. We had to sift through our entire database to correct this issue. It was by luck that it was caught.
  • The Paycor system is not very good at accepting data dumps from other systems. It changes information during the dump and it is hard to catch everything. Many errors have been made because of it.
Paycor does a good job with tax related issues; however, their customer service is very lacking. The people available to help often do not know how to fix issues. They will not let you talk to IT directly or submit work tickets; you have to go through a customer service representative. If you don't have a good representative assigned to you then you get nowhere.
June 15, 2018

Review: "Paycor - Not the best, but a definite improvement over manual payroll processing!"

We first started using Paycor to process payroll. Subsequently, we added Paycor's time clocks, which allows all hourly employees to clock in and out from any of our 3 locations.

No longer do we have to manually add up time cards or write a bunch of paper checks for payroll. These Paycor services have sped up our payroll process and allow employees to have real-time information on their hours and pay.
  • Paycor allows you to create custom reports that save to your dashboard, including customization for file type, column order, calculations, etc. I created a few custom reports after my first payroll with Paycor so now it's a quick click of a button to generate these reports after each payroll.
  • Paycor allows you to customize rights assigned to users. I co-manage with another individual who shouldn't have access to any pay information but still have the ability to edit/review timesheets and PTO activity. With the help of some representatives at Paycor, we have customized the co-managers' rights to allow her to manage her employees' time without sacrificing any unnecessary payroll information. Similarly, this features allows us to give supervisors limited access to manage timesheets, as well.
  • Paycor provides a time dashboard that allows you to quickly see the last punch of each employee and which employees are approaching overtime. We have 3 locations and it can be hard to track down which employees are working and when, so the dashboard helps us better manage everyone's schedule. This dashboard also includes alerts to indicate when employees are missing punches; allowing us to fix it long before payroll day.
  • Paycor tends to assign you one representative that handles your account. I've been with Paycor for close to a year and a half and I've had SEVERAL Paycor representatives, so I imagine their turnover must be tremendous. I've found it's best to just call Paycor rather than rely on your rep for assistance.
  • Getting started with processing payroll online with Paycor wasn't too difficult of a process and the representatives were helpful on the first day. However, renting time clocks from Paycor and using the Time features online was quite a burden at set up. The rep didn't seem to fully know what she was doing and I had to make a LOT of phone calls during the first few months of usage to get everything working as we needed for our practice. I'd suggest these reps have more in-depth training AND have actually used these features. If the rep only understands what Paycor's help guide says, they're not doing me any favors.
It is definitely better suited for smaller employers. As an example, there's this new hire wizard in Paycor that lets you add on new hires, but then you have to click through a few items to get to the company set up and add that employee to the right policy group (i.e.: whether or not they get holiday pay, etc.) and then a few more clicks to set up PTO accrual and then a few more for customizing their access rights. So, the wizard helps at the beginning but then drops off for the other half of the process. There's a lot of things in Paycor where it seems streamlined at first but requires a lot more clicks than if it were organized in a better fashion. I believe this is just part of its development and will get better with time, but I still couldn't recommend Paycor with confidence to a bigger employer.
July 02, 2018

User Review: "Paycor works for us"

We use Paycor to manage our payroll and on-boarding process at our small private club. It is fairly easy for our department heads to approve payroll on a bi-weekly basis. The ability to have new employees complete all of their pre-hire paperwork online is a great feature. It has definitely been an improvement over our previous system.
  • The online on-boarding process for new employees is very nice
  • I like to be able to quickly get online and view pay history of employees
  • The department heads need to approve payroll each period and doing it online is very easy
  • Though I don't use the system every day I have heard from my accountant that some of the promised features were not available with our package.
  • We don't like the "clock in via cell phone" option due to possible misuse. We were unable to get it turned off for our location because it was an "added feature" for all accounts. That should be an option.
For our small business the cost and ease of use of Paycor was a good fit. Some of the bigger payroll processing firms don't address the needs of a small enterprise like ours.
June 26, 2018

User Review: "Why Paycor?"

We mainly use just the payroll module, with the ACA package. We use Paycor for all our properties. It replaced a big yet less effective payroll company. When we started, I liked the ability to make most of the changes ourselves with little help from Paycor. Not that Paycor didn't do the initial heavy lifting, but the ability to easily make changes to how it ran for us was a key to the initial decision.
  • The general ledger is easy to set up and maintain without any or much training. The way it flows makes sense and is easy to follow.
  • The report writer is coming along nicely. Better than it was and much better than ones we used in the past from other companies.
  • The ability to easily customize the program to do what you want to do. Best part is if you know what you are doing, you don't need Paycor to do it or hold your hand during the process. Making changing or updating the program to your needs quick and painless.
  • Report writer still needs some updates. When printing reports from this program, it should always look like an official report from Paycor.
  • I know this is an issue across the industry, but dedicated specialist are far better than any other approach. I know it is hard to keep the good ones and time consuming the train replacements.
  • Automatic rate increases after making bank on ACA module seem extreme. All the information for the ACA was already in the system. Setting up a module and continually dinging us for more money for what basically comes down to just another report still seems like highway robbery. Not Paycor specific but it is an issue with all payroll companies.
Better suited for a mid-level company with a knowledgeable payroll/accounting department. Smaller family-owned companies with not much of or no accounting/payroll department would do better with a different company that could hold their hand from setup all the way through processing individual payroll.
June 26, 2018

Paycor Review: "Overall Thumbs UP"

Our entire agency uses Paycor mainly for payroll purposes. During my usage, approximately 1.6 years, Paycor has assisted with business problems such as calculations regarding accrued sick and vacation time. We have also had to make changes due to revisions from our company's policies such as roll over time.
  • Paycor offers many services which we can utilize at any time. They keep track of our payroll and provide several reports making auditing easier.
  • Paycor keeps us in compliance and up to date with the many changes that take place. Several webinars are available and certificates are issued for credit purposes as well.
  • If there is ever an issue that needs to be resolved, Paycor responds the same day. They walk you through step by step and usually our problem is solved immediately.
  • Paycor recently made changes to their protocol in communications. In 2017, our company had a personal representative that you could contact to address all of your needs. That set up developed a relationship and that representative knew your history. Once that process was changed, we began getting different representatives to address the same issues with different solutions. This caused confusion and took longer to resolve. In some cases, we never received help to fix our problems.
  • During the end of the year and beginning of the next year, Paycor has a lot going on in regards to preparing tax statements. If you have a problem that needs to be addressed, it could take Paycor several days to respond.
  • I would like to see Paycor offer a representative to speak with if email instructions can't be resolved.
Paycor makes it easy to set up payroll and access several documents needed with just a few simple steps. If you need assistance, you can get help while online. I've used other payroll companies and I find Paycor to be the most simplified setup. I also appreciate how they are able to see what you've done in the system and show you how to correct errors.
June 15, 2018

Paycor Review: "Excellent product"

Paycor has made payroll and the processing of taxes seamless. At any time I experience a concern or have questions, I receive immediate and professional assistance from one of Paycor's reps. If my personal contact with Paycor is busy, another associate will assist me; they help each other out to ensure the customer is taken care of. The software program is broad-based, offering online reports, time management dashboards, tax filing, retirement reporting, educational webinars, etc. It makes my job simplified as it relates to the worry of payroll and HR-related matters. Paycor covers it all.
  • Outstanding, knowledgeable customer service
  • Broad-based reporting
  • Software ease
  • Educational webinars
  • I have not come across a situation that I feel needs improved at this time. They are a great company and make my job so much easier.
Well suited in that they handle all of the employee taxes for us. They provide a wonderful software system which is self-explanatory and user-friendly. The associates never hesitate to help and never make you feel inept.
June 08, 2018

Paycor Review: "Sales Make the Company"

Paycor is used by HR for payroll, and accessed by the entire organization for payroll history.
  • They are very good at selling their product.
  • Once you are a customer, if you are dissatisfied, they will try to keep you as a customer.
  • Implementation was inaccurate.
  • 360 integration has proven to be a sales pitch that isn't actually functioning.
  • A "dedicated customer service rep" was a sales pitch as well.
  • Their website for payroll processing is outdated, and lacks customization. There is too much useless information, and too little ability to adjust it to our needs.
I chose Paycor for their (supposed) 360 integration with my 401(k) provider. The service was marketed & advertised to work seamlessly with my already-in-place retirement plan. Other perks that sold me on switching to Paycor included a dedicated customer support rep that would be familiar with my account, and an easy to use website. Implementation wasn't too painful. There were inaccuracies though. I manually corrected those. My first call to customer support proved that there was no dedicated rep. Maybe because the company seems to have a high rollover rate in customer service. 360 integration has been the biggest let down. Paycor admits to being unable to read the reports sent by our 401(k) provider- therefore they should not be claiming 360 integration. Their website is less interactive & customizable than ADP, and leaves room for error due to unclear commands. For instance, I'd like to put PTO time into a # of days used format... Paycor only allows a dollar amount or hours.
June 26, 2018

Paycor: "Good and Accurate Product"

We use Paycor across the whole organization for both salary and part time employees.
  • Easy online use
  • We have employees from several states. Having Paycor pay taxes in all states is very helpful.
  • Good response time from support if I have questions.
  • We used to have one person to contact instead of a team of people. I liked the one on one aspect of Paycor better than I do now.
Customer support is always good. I think it would depend on how much the other organization wants to spend.
March 21, 2018

User Review: "We love Paycor!"

We use Paycor within our HR department for payroll and record-keeping. Aside from basic payroll operations, we also allow pay advances. Payroll has a unique, if not quite ideal, system for managing these advances. Once you learn the nuances (yes, learning curve) it works pretty well. Also, we frequently have employees request copies of pay stubs. As we only have a couple licenses at present, there is no capacity for people to get them without help. Paycor is extremely user-friendly when searching for employees by name, and in obtaining a PDF to print or email for an employee.
  • Paycor is great at retrieiving employee-specific data. You can always easily find an employee by name, and then examine their history of deductions, pay stubs, and other information. When someone asks a questions, I don't have to hunt them down later to provide information. I have them sit for a minute and I can provide whatever they needed. That's a literal minute, 60 seconds. It's very quick!
  • We have some unique timeclock requirements for our people: They can clock in up to 10 minutes before the shift starts, a loose window for when they can punch out for lunch, and some padding for end of day stuff. We just told Paycor what we wanted and they put it in place. We have not had any trouble.
  • We have people who are ... challenging when it comes to punching in and out reliably. They miss all the time! Or, maybe they think they did, and then punch twice on accident. Paycor's system makes editting punches very easy. We then usually print the timecard to show the employee his or her mistake and that it was corrected. It is so simple because any errors or anomalies are highlighted and and grouped for error-only viewing. You can click next and proceed to correct or acknowledge them all without mixing in the error-free personnel. It streamlines the process significantly!
  • Paycor does not yet have the option to NOT receive a pay stub. For example, I would choose to not receive a pay stub if possible. Even though I am on Direct Deposit and have access to my records, there is a fee associated with each paystub provided (nominal). I would like to forego the stub and just view my information online when I choose, saving money and paper. There is not yet any system for achieving this.
  • Loans/ advances. While I have gotten used to Paycor's system, I do not like it. Their system forces the loans to be a constant running total for the employee over their entire employment. For example, if I took $1000 of advance last year and I want another $500 this year, the loan requires the balance limit be set to $1500. I can set how much to pay per week easily enough, but I don't like the running total, year over year. There is no other option per our rep. We've asked.
  • We've had a fair amount of rep turnover during our time with Paycor. It would be nice to have a bit more stability and a nice relationship with 1 person.
Paycor seems to be fantastic for our size. It's easy for one person to manage payroll without spending too much time, so a good choice for the even the most time-challenged. Information is often easily accessible and well organized. The drawbacks tend to be minor, but there are a few. In our experience they are heavily outweighed by the positives of the system. It is extremely intuitive.
Read Dan Abrams's full review
March 20, 2018

Paycor Review: "Happy Controller"

We use Paycor and it's Ready Clock product. Ready Clock is used in our shop for tracking of employees' time and attendance. Paycor is used by all 3 of our companies for the processing of our weekly and bi-weekly payrolls. We also us Paycor's HR module for research and answering HR questions we may encounter. We also use Paycor's custom reporting module for various reports that we may require that uses payroll information.
  • Paycor's Ready Clock product does a good job for us in tracking our time and attendance for our shop employees.
  • Paycor's payroll product is easy to use and anytime we have any issues our Paycor payroll specialist team is available and is able to assist us quickly in resolving the issue.
  • Paycor's HR module is a good source of information for us.
  • Paycor's custom reporting is useful to us in pulling together adhoc reports using payroll information.
  • We are a small company and our payroll, HR requirements are fairly straight forward. To date Paycor has done a good job of meeting our needs so I really cannot think of any improvements that we would require at this time.
  • We have run into issues using Paycor through Internet Explorer which was the mail internet tool we used but switching over to Foxfire or Chrome solved the issue. It would be nice if it worked better with Internet Explorer.
As I noted earlier, the Paycor Ready Clock product has done a good job for us in tracking our shop time and attendance. Paycor's online payroll software is fairly straightforward and easy to use. It is also very nice that if for any reason I am away from the office I am able to handle the processing of payroll remotely.
Read Jim Traynor's full review
March 16, 2018

Review: "Paycor is a great addition to any HR team."

We utilize Paycor across our whole organization to manage time and attendance, payroll and HRIS solution. We also have integrated our ATS with it.
  • Tax research and resolution. The tax team is very knowledgeable and takes the burden of researching and resolving issues as they arise. This relieves the burden off of our department so that we can focus on being a strategic business partner.
  • Another strength is their client support. Whenever I am in need of a particular report, they are usually very helpful in training me on how to create it or they just do it for me.
  • Consistency among their client support. The level of service that one associate provides isn't necessarily the level of service you get from the next representative.
The great thing about Paycor is that they offer an all in one solution to timekeeping, applicant tracking, payroll, HRIS and reporting. This is very convenient as opposed to having separate software installations for each aspect of the human resources function.
Read Russell Roen's full review
December 11, 2017

Review: "Paycor the best in customer service and functionality"

We used Paycor for our HRIS system, onboarding, time and attendance, payroll system. We also used it for self-service benefits and communicating to employees. We used the online document feature.
  • Payroll, time and attendance
  • Onboarding, HRIS System, online documents, recruitment, module, benefits
  • Implementation, customer service, training and online help system
  • Listening to customers and letting them make suggestions if the suggestions make sense they will implement in their next upgrade
  • Allowing the administrator to change employees emails they use to sign up with
They are well suited for any company seeking a full service HR and payroll system or just seeking a payroll system.
I really can't think of where they would be less appropriate.
Read Cyndi Rooks, PHR, HCS, SHRM-CP's full review
March 19, 2018

Review: "Preferred payroll processing... by Paycor"

Paycor supports our payroll, benefits, timekeeping, and employee reporting processes.Our line supervisors are users of the time and attendance platform for scheduling and reporting.

We have 3 locations throughout Ohio and have 4 users in the HR Dept. Our VP Finance is a user as well.

• While it is often difficult to reach your assigned service representative, all staff seems to be well trained and able to answer our questions.
  • Continued improvement by tracking customers' suggestions
  • Reliable access; I have never had a problem with operating their site.
  • Increasing hold times when calling for assistance. Being out of the "peak" season, I expect quicker service.
  • Once multiple platforms were implemented, we were moved to a representative for each product. I understand the need for this based on knowledge, but miss the times when we had a rep who "knew our business" individually.
  • Two of my platform representatives are in another time zone. This can be frustrating when needing answers early in my day.
  • I would prefer more user guides be available to print out.

We are able to create multiple tiers of benefits and wages.

The Reports and Analytics is a very useful tool.

Read Belinda Wright's full review
March 19, 2018

Paycor: "Octal Review"

Paycor is currently being used across the entire organization. It addresses employee questions and updates about their personal and employment information, hours, vacation, attendance points, and allows for general clear communication among departments. The employee database serves as my one-stop-shop for all employee information, and ensures I am compliant when necessary. Management access is a wonderful tool for each department, as it allows me to give certain accessibility to each level of employee, to ensure we are tracking all relevant information.
  • Paycor has a very user friendly system to enter new hires and track their personal, contact, and employment information.
  • Paycors time and attendance system's integration into Perform allows me to answer employee questions very quickly, while offering employees the chance to find the information on their own phone app for their account.
  • Paycor's annual filing and compliance tracking make my HR life incredibly easier. I find myself much more organized and prepared for quarterly, and annual compliance.
  • I would love to see safety integration into Paycor, as well as the compliance documentation that can be pulled straight from our Paycor account.
  • More on-web training that can be accessed to learn the functionality of Paycor for new managers. Sending our management to classes on-site can be cumbersome.
Any and all HR professionals that are either not using an HRIS system or time and attendance system would benefit extremely well from Paycor. I believe it's functionality allows me to better focus my day on helping our organization succeed, instead of looking for information. I would highly recommend Paycor and Time and Attendance to any and all HR Professionals!
Read Matthew Petrella's full review
March 16, 2018

Paycor Review: "An HRIS that does it all your way"

Our company uses the Onboarding, HR, Payroll and Time & Attendance platform in Paycor. We are currently considering implementing the LMS platform. It is used across the entire agency. It is our go-to data management system all things related to our employees.
  • Paycor does very well in providing support services with a dedicated team who are knowledgeable about our needs and history.
  • The platforms provide a fully integrated system minimizing manual or redundant data entry.
  • Online help resources provide detailed "how-to" videos and written, printable step by step guides.
  • Help resource materials are sometimes outdated.
  • A few of the specialists assigned were insufficiently knowledgeable about the product. However, I must say that when this was brought to the companies attention, the problem was immediately corrected and a new specialist assigned.
  • Support specialist are very responsive.
The payroll platform works well with or without the HR function. The various modules generally provide more than one method to address specific needs.
Read Linda Renardo's full review

Employee demographic data (55)
Employment history (58)
Job profiles and administration (48)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (53)
Organizational charting (29)
6.6
Organization and location management (36)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (37)
9.7
Pay calculation (66)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Benefit plan administration (48)
Direct deposit files (65)
9.4
Salary revision and increment management (58)
9.2
Reimbursement management (8)
Approval workflow (36)
Balance details (42)
9.6
Annual carry-forward and encashment (36)
View and generate pay and benefit information (55)
Update personal information (54)
9.4
View company policy documentation (36)
Employee recognition (7)
View job history (42)
Tracking of all physical assets (16)
Report builder (53)
6.2
Pre-built reports (54)
5.1
Ability to combine HR data with external data (34)
6.2
New hire portal (41)
Manager tracking tools (31)
Corporate goal setting (1)
Individual goal setting (15)
Line-of sight-visibility (12)
Performance tracking (14)
Performance plans (18)
Performance improvement plans (17)
Review status tracking (17)
9.2
Review reminders (16)
Multiple review frequency (15)
Candidate search (1)
Job Requisition Management (10)
Company Website Posting (10)
Publish to Social Media (9)
Job Search Site Posting (7)
9.7
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (8)
Applicant Tracking (9)
9.4
Notifications and Alerts (10)

About Paycor

Paycor offers a modern, unified HR & payroll solution that aims to help you become more efficient, while helping you connect better with your employees. According to the vendor, the product offers engaging employee self-service and unlimited workflows, thus making it easier to connect to your people, and helping your everyday processes become simplified.

Key benefits include:
  • The platform is designed to be exceedingly usable, while also being robust and feature-filled — enabling you to quickly and easily pay employees from wherever you are, all while ensuring tax compliance.
  • Paycor's time tracking system makes labor management both time- and cost-effective. The solution allows employers to create schedules, manage requests and stay on top of labor distribution.
  • Paycor onboarding enables employers to connect with new hires in a more engaging way by reducing the amount of paperwork to accelerate new hire productivity.
The solution promises to help companies streamline HR and payroll processes and get fast access to employee data.