Paycor Reviews

Tiffany Kramer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycor is used across our entire organization to streamline and simplify HR processes and people management in two facilities. Paycor's robust analytics enables us to make effective business decisions that have an impact on the lives of our staff; and they keep getting better. Labor distribution, turnover, and benefits analytics are the key reports that help us make budget decisions, benefits, and talent acquisition needs.
  • One of Paycor's strengths is that they continually strive to meet the needs of their partner companies (customers). I can always count on them working to make things better and introducing updates and products users actually want and need.
  • Customer Service is another strength. They are timely, responsive, and strive to get you the right answer instead of guess.
  • Another strength is that Paycor wants to partner with its customers. As a customer, I do not feel that we are just another number. I feel as if they genuinely want to listen and value what I have to say. They offer a variety of avenues to share your feedback and concerns.
  • One area for improvement is in Performance Management and Succession Planning. There Performance Management product is fairly basic and we struggle with functionality, especially if a workflow is enabled. There is no Succession Planning feature at all.
  • Functionality could be improved on the time off requests. Employees can't request time off if it spans over two weeks, i.e. a weekend is involved, without the system assigning PTO to a weekend, which the employee does not work. This means the employee must submit separate requests around the weekend. Our previous system allowed the employee to check a box to exclude Saturday and Sunday, so they only had to submit one request.
Paycor is well suited for small to mid-sized businesses where their HR needs are standard and simple. Paycor is less appropriate for organizations that have more complex or robust HR needs: comprehensive performance management and succession planning, more flexibility for the types of employees (PT, FT, Temp), and a PTO system that can match our process. We had to rewrite some parts of our PTO process because Paycor's system could not match it, whereas our previous provider could.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month. - Processing payroll used to take my team an entire 8hr day every two weeks, and if we experienced interruptions it would take a little longer. Now, we start payroll at 10 am and have it finished by 12pm most processing days. If we have no batch changes we have it done in less than 1hr, or if we are waiting on something from a manager we have it finished in 3hrs. So we estimate Paycor saves us 12hrs a month in payroll processing.
Our employees find Paycor to be much easier to use than previous systems. Managers struggle with Time and Attendance sometimes when they can't remove PTO or someone works an overnight shift and the manager needs to fix a punch but it keeps going to the wrong day. From an HR point of view, the system is extremely easy to use and navigate.
Read Tiffany Kramer's full review
September 24, 2020
Lance Hubert | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycor across the whole organization. It helps keep us compliant & manages processes.
  • User Friendly
  • Mobile friendly
  • Reporting lacks customization
  • Unable to customize most fields
  • Would like to customize reminders & notifications
Good for companies under 500 employees that do not require much customization.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much. - Dozen of reminder emails no longer have to be sent out on a weekly basis.
Paycor has a lot of good features but needs to keep updating and enhancing the product to allow for more customization for customers.
Read Lance Hubert's full review
September 21, 2020
Zeke Dolezalek | TrustRadius Reviewer
We really use everything that Paycor has to offer across every organization.
From payroll to accruals to storing and attaching important documents to employee profiles. We use Paycor for its comprehensive benefits platform to manage benefits eligibility, enrollment, deductions, and back-end access for our brokers. Our companies take advantage of the terrific features the mobile app has to offer, as well as using the platform to keep track of certificates required for working/compliance and its intuitive coaching/employee progress and discipline features.
  • Paycor does an exceptional job integrating its payroll platform with our POS and time/wage tracking systems in the field.
  • Paycor does a great job at tracking PTO and Sick accruals.
  • The Benefits platform is intuitive and quick to learn.
  • Analytics is done brilliantly in Paycor, allowing you to take snapshots of your people, your labor, your demographics, and your departments.
  • There are often trip-ups with their Accrual system and how it "speaks" to the Payroll platform.
  • Reporting errors occur often and without any explanation or suggestions for correcting.
  • The initial sign up process for new hires is in Spanish, which isn't the best for the hospitality industry.
Paycor is great for companies and organizations looking to better manage their people, their pay, and track their coaching.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved over 50 hours per month. - Time is saved from manual data entry from our POS to our HRIS/Payroll software.
Time is saved by Paycor automatically adjusting taxes and other information for compliance and local laws.
Not quite a 10 due to the lack of ease and assistance that the platform offers in the Reporting hub.
Read Zeke Dolezalek's full review
August 29, 2020
Adrianne Beer | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycor across the whole organization. Paycor allows us to have one place to keep all employee data, timekeeping, scheduling, and coaching sessions.
  • Time and attendance tracking
  • Company News
  • Scheduling system
  • Leave of absence tracking
  • Benefit system
As with any HRIS system, there are always going to be hiccups. I have used this system with a small company (50-100 employees) with one location as well as a large company (1500+) with over 100 locations. Their cost is very affordable. When we switched to Paycor, we saved about $10,000 in our first year and that included the implementation fees. If you are looking for a system that will link to other industry systems, this may not be a good fit, but if you need one system to handle all your needs, this is a product you want to check out.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much. -
I can easily go into the system and see who has not approved their time card or which time cards have errors and need to be fixed before moving to the next stage. There is a feature to lock time cards so edits can not be made once payroll has been stated to prevent errors in paying employees correctly. The payroll grid is very convenient to use and there is an option to set up a manual check during the pay cycle should a terminated employee check need to be created on-site. The reports to review before processing are easy to use and provide all the necessary data for audit purposes. All of these features have allowed me to decrease the amount of time I need to spend processing payroll.

The first payroll I did in the system saved me so much time I re-checked my data and reports a couple of times just to make sure I didn't miss any thing. I was a very good surprise at how easy the system was and how much time it saved.
The system is set up so you can easily find the data you are looking for, from company administration to employee administration. I'm not going to say that there were times I didn't think the system would do what I need but the Paycor Support Team and the Paycor training/help section provided the necessary resources for me to learn what I needed.
Read Adrianne Beer's full review
August 26, 2020
Lacey Harville | TrustRadius Reviewer
All four of our companies use Paycor for payroll, time & attendance, HR, and applicant tracking/onboarding. All management utilizes Paycor to manage their team's weekly timesheets and to recruit new team members. Human Resources uses it for payroll and tax purposes. We integrate with Newton Software (applicant tracking) and Employee Navigator (employee benefits).
  • The Paycor team is always friendly.
  • Easy to work with.
  • Quarterly updates always keep their website fresh and updated.
  • We've had some tax issues where we have over paid and underpaid both.
  • Response time has slowed down, but I think it was more or less due to COVID.
  • I understand why they did it, but I hate that they moved away from a personal account CSR. Now you have to email a generic support email and someone will get back to you.
Paycor has been a great company to work with and I have met a lot of great people. They value my opinion and have asked for my participation on project ideas and demos for upcoming releases. I love that they update their website quarterly so that is always new and fresh. I also love their feedback section so you can make suggestions and vote on what's important to you.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 25-50 hours per month. - We have 4 companies spread over 4 states and multiple counties that we would have to do taxes on, so Paycor streamlines that for us. The integrations with Newton and Employee Navigator save the Human Resources team time by moving all information from one program to the other.
Paycor is very user-friendly. They offer a variety of training programs to walk you through different areas of their programs, but it's so user-friendly, you can usually figure things out without having to utilize the training courses.
Read Lacey Harville's full review
August 07, 2020
James Perkins | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycor is being used across our entire organization for various functions. Our main functions are Onboarding, Recruiting, Payroll, Time & Attendance, Tax reporting and so much more. Before Paycor, our issues were mainly centered around faulty products and poor customer service. After signing up with Paycor, the issues we had prior are no longer there. Having a system that works isn't too much to ask for, but having a product that goes above your expectations is amazing!
  • Customer support. Their support team are very knowledgeable subject matter experts.
  • Providing a very user friendly interface that allows virtually anyone to grasp.
  • I've always wanted to have a universal calendar that all employees can access or see on their dashboard that reflects birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc.
Paycor's payroll product is great. Since implementing the payroll product, I have saved countless hours per month on processing payrolls. I think the HR platform could be a tad more robust. It's great to house employee documents and whatnot, but I wish the employees had more resources or items available to them.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month. - Having an HR/Benefits/Payroll system that actually "talks" to each other is amazing. Other systems I've used in the past are very manual. IE: An employee picks their insurance elections, but I still have to manually enter in deductions on the payroll side. Not anymore! I just have to quickly double-check that the payroll deductions match what the employee actually picked. Tons of other examples similar to the above.
I think Paycor's user experience interface is fantastic. I feel people who might not be so tech-savvy have an easy time navigating the system and figuring things out on their own. From an administrator perspective, I feel that the UI is great as well. I love the look of the payroll grid and how it can display anything that I might want it to for a quick high-level overview.
Read James Perkins's full review
August 05, 2020
Adrienne Hernandez | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycor across our whole company in a number of different ways. In our stores, we use the LMS system a lot for training our employees. I think the biggest thing it does is streamline processes from onboarding to performance reviews.
  • Ease of use.
  • Listens to clients about what needs updating.
  • Is always coming up with new ways to make things easier.
  • When they do updates I would like more warning.
  • Customer service since Covid has been harder to deal with.
The benefits suite has been a lifesaver when it comes to open enrollment. It saves us a ton of time and we no longer have to send out packets to each employee to talk about money savings. A con was they did an update on Time & Attendance and it caused more issues then it solved.
Not sure. - I don't think I've actually calculated the amount of time it has saved me but I can tell you it's a lot. I no longer have to make multiple phone calls to employees when I need information from them. A good example of this is we keep track of managers' car insurance and driver licenses in the system, and whenever one of them is expired, it automatically sends a task reminder to them to get us the info.
It is very easy to use and very intuitive. However, if there is something you can't figure out, they have a ton of training you can do. You can also look at their community if you want to ask for help from other users. They also get back to you within 48 hours if you need to contact support.
Read Adrienne Hernandez's full review
August 12, 2020
We use Paycor as our HR administration and for our employees to use. It allows us to communicate with our employees and for them to access their information from home.
  • Answers my concerns.
  • Allows our EE's to access their information from anywhere.
  • User-friendly
  • Online training for management.
  • COVID changed the customer service. They're working to improve it.
  • Time & attendance reporting isn't the easiest to use.
  • Employees without a business or personal email aren't able to register for Paycor.
They listen to their customer's suggestions and ideas! It's amazing to offer an idea and they ask questions and listen to my suggestions. Paycor has a "Give Feedback" section that you can put your ideas and suggestions on.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved over 50 hours per month. - We're able to scan/attach documents that before we've had to file, in a locked room. Now we're working on eliminating that file room because Paycor allows us to retain that information.
It's been very easy to learn how to use this and there are so many trainings you can do on your own time.
August 12, 2020
Paycor is being used across our teams for payroll, time & attendance, scheduling, onboarding and reporting.
This system has allowed us to become more effective and efficient with our payroll processes.
  • Time keeping.
  • Payroll processing.
  • Asking for feedback from users.
  • Customer support- no longer have a dedicated contact person for questions or issues with the system. Have to call or email and wait for a response. This was one of the main reasons we switched to Paycor because our last provider did not have great customer support.
  • Pulling reports can be challenging. Formatting of reports looks different than the payroll reports when trying to run reports outside the pay period scope.
  • Timesheet view can be difficult to adjust to, especially if you have used other payroll systems. Have to navigate thru different screens depending on what information you are looking for it want to input. A cleaner, lore user friendly timesheet view would be beneficial.
Well suited for small businesses, with under 100 employees, lots of options for a well rounded HRIS.
I think the system would be more challenging to implement for larger companies due to the amount of manual adjustments that we had to do when importing employee data from our previous payroll system. There are several manual processes on the employee data side that would be very time consuming with larger numbers of employees.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month. - The system has reduced the amount of time to process payroll each month for both HR team and department supervisors. It has improved electronic record keeping and reporting as the system now holds all our records. The employees are able to view pay check stubs, W2s, change employee information, view PTO balances and view timesheets.
Navigating the system can be challenging at first, the customer service support is difficult to get ahold of quickly, the reporting function can be cumbersome to navigate to find the right report with the data needed, the scheduling integration took some troubleshooting to get data and functions set up correctly. Overall the system is useful and functional for our payroll, onboarding, and scheduling needs.
Long response times both on phone and email support. No tracking option to view status of request, difficult to contact support.
August 09, 2020
Paycor is being used by all three departments for their time tracking, clocking in remotely thorough our phones or tablets. We utilize their analytics and reporting features, and of course, we use them for our payroll service. Through them, we also use Hiretech, which helps us receive additional work credits from our employees. It maximizes time spent on payroll processing, allows for learning from their webinars and quick access to employee information through their reporting features.
  • Quick customer service
  • Attentive to needs
  • Reliable check delivery
  • Website is consistent
  • Reporting features need additional TLC
  • More instruction with mapping pay codes to accounting software.
  • More intuitive analytics.
The service has been very attentive and quick to rectify any issues that the company has and has escalated. They process payroll and don't seem to make mistakes with employee checks, garnishments, or taxes.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much. - I really couldn't tell you how much time we saved using their product. For what we use their product for, the services and time savings seemed to be the same amount from competitors. It was their service that won us over.
A little tricky at time to maneuver around or figure out where you need to go to get what done. But once you familiarize yourself with their website, it is easy to navigate around.
August 04, 2020
We switched from another payroll company to Paycor 2 years ago. We switched in anticipation of an upcoming merger with another organization. Both organizations switched to Paycor 3 months before the merger, and then we merged the two accounts together into one. We use Paycor to process our payroll for around 250 employees.
  • Paycor offers options for our employees to be self-sufficient and in control of their personal information.
  • Paycor has made us more efficient in our hiring process through their onboarding feature.
  • Our process is more streamlined from our previous provider and saves us a lot of time.
  • I would like to see improvement in the reporting features. We can pull almost all of the data we need, but sometimes it has to be pulled on several reports and then we have to combine the data manually.
  • Paycor's Accrual tracking is confusing. The balance employees see online takes in to consideration approved time off, but does not take future time accrued in to consideration. I wish it just showed a live balance, or a balance that took the time off request and time earned both in to consideration. Bonus points if you could change the view and see both!
  • I like the old view when looking at our Dashboard, not the new view. It would be nice to be able to keep both choices based on the viewers preference.
Paycor has saved us time and money since switching. They are accurate, and the information that we receive from client services is accurate and helpful. We are always able to reach someone when calling in, and we receive responses in a timely manner. Even though we have had multiple reps, we always get the help we need.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month. - Payroll processing used to take almost the full day, not it only takes an hour or so to process. This is mostly based on us following up on timecards, not due to Paycor. The only thing I wish I could change would be to have all of our reports available immediately after processing payroll. Right now we have to wait until the next day for a few of the reports.
Paycor is very user friendly. Making data easy to view for employees, and for administrators. The score reflects the opportunity for improvement in the accrual display for time off. This could be improved for both administrators and employees. Regardless though, more user friendly than our previous provider. Love that Paycor is constantly making improvements based on feedback.
August 04, 2020
We use Paycor across the entire organization for onboarding, performance evaluations, reporting, etc.
  • Paycor does nothing well except invoice us every month for things we can't use.
  • I have hourly non-exempt employees that work overnight. Paycor is the absolute WORST in time tracking for these employees. Their supervisors and I are constantly having to adjust time cards to keep time from pulling from one pay period to the next. This is an absolute NIGHTMARE!! The only thing Paycor does is to make excuses with no valid fix, I've been dealing with this for 2 years. I have had employees miss getting paid for an entire day because their time was pulled to the previous pay period not only messing up the current time card but past ones as well. We receive grant funding from the Federal Government, our time cards have to match pay stubs or we don't get reimbursed, this is of NO concern to Paycor. (They're getting paid!)
  • Reports constantly error out, again no urgency on Paycor response.
  • Emails requesting support are taking weeks to get a response. When you call you can be on hold for more than an hour, and only to get someone who has no idea how to fix anything.
  • With COVID19 many of our vendors picked up their support and customer service, not Paycor - they reduced their staff making it impossible to get issues resolved. Way to go, Paycor!
I want to give Paycor a -1. If you have an issue they can't resolve, the issue gets lost. If you are looking for a payroll or HR system look elsewhere, this is not the software for you!
I was not in my position when the decision was made to go with Paycor, but in the beginning, I defended Paycor to my leadership team when we started to realize the issues and limitations the software had. Unfortunately, because of the lack of support from Paycor I have had to eat my words. I can't get the simplest things corrected. Our organization is looking to replace Paycor soon, and I couldn't be happier.
April 07, 2020
Betsy Haugh | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycor across the whole organization. We got Paycor to be able to do time & attendance, track attendance points, and keep employee records in one place.
  • Sales - they have a great sales team and the sales rep is involved longer than just the sale.
  • Pay Stubs - the pay stubs are easy to read.
  • Attendance - They have yet to get back to our company on how to add schedules and track attendance points.
  • Customer Service - Nobody seems to want to get back to you when you have an issue or need help with something except the sales person who is limited on what they can do.
  • Employee documentation - They have not helped us get the record keeping for employees going.
  • Training - They are always happy to schedule training and webinars but never allow for time to ask questions.
I would not recommend Paycor to anyone, not even small business. Paycor probably has a great system they just don't really want to help anyone learn the product or help find a solution to your needs.
I’m not in HR or don’t handle payroll.
It isn't the most user friendly software to use.
Read Betsy Haugh's full review
February 19, 2020
Sandie Coleman | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycor to process out bi-weekly payroll. We also use the reporting tools for commission calculation and tax filings.
  • The standard reporting available is excellent.
  • The ability to customize reports is very helpful and time-efficient.
  • Customer service is very helpful and always provides solutions in a timely manner.
  • The ability for employees to manage their own information is lacking.
Paycor was willing and able to customize departments and locations when we initially set up.
I’m not in HR or don’t handle payroll. - As part of the Finance team I have seen time savings when it comes to pulling information with standard and customized reports.
It is user friendly. An employee does not have to be in HR or Payroll department in order to understand and navigate the system.
Read Sandie Coleman's full review
February 14, 2020
Joe Crews | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used for onboarding, timekeeping and attendance tracking.
  • Knowledge of some of the systems.
  • User-friendly in some areas.
  • Terrible service and implementation staff.
Out of all my implementations that I have done, this was the absolute worse. I was sold that this was an easy to use system that would save me time and streamline things. I am currently working all day on Sunday trying to straighten Paycor issues out.
The system overall is great. The scheduling could use some upgrading and the timecards could too.
Read Joe Crews's full review
March 10, 2020
Paycor is used for payroll for all of our employees, over 200. We use it for hourly, salary and use the transfer capabilities for employees. It helps us allocate time for employees who transfer from job to job throughout the day.
  • Allocating employees time throughout the day.
  • Use with cell phones for transferring from one allocation to another.
  • Visually seeing at payroll time what employees need timecard attention, by department.
  • Timecard entry screen needs a re-write.
  • Daily entry for times need to be saved one row at a time, so multiple punches need to be saved as you go.
Paycor works well for employees that transfer from job to job or allocation. We're able to verify location via GPS from the cell phone when the employee is transferring to a new geographic location.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 25-50 hours per month. - We went from paper time cards so it was a major transformation. From department managers to HR to accounting everyone saves hours weekly.
Employees are able to look at payroll history and obtain all tax form from within Paycor rather than going to accounting or HR.
After the initial learning curve Paycor works well for our company. The time card entry screen could use some work for data entry. The benefits that HR and accounting see are worth the quirkiness with the time card entry screen.
February 26, 2020
Our whole organization uses Newton Applicant Tracking System. We use it for all job posting, tracking of applicants, and hiring of applicants. We love the system because it allows us to send the resumes through to the managers without a new email, and they can respond with there thoughts in one hashtag, which is fantastic. We also use it for all of the analytic features that it has. It has helped show how many interviews we do and how many people apply for the various job postings.
  • One Word hashtags to tell the recruiter what to do
  • Tracking of applicants, if they have applied before, what there score was, if we should interview/re-interview.
  • Analytics
  • Scorecards! We love this feature as it allows the managers to score each applicant.
  • Sometimes after an update, the tool has hiccups
  • People tend to have issues applying through a cell phone
  • There are issues with applying using Apple products from time to time
If you are looking for a great tracking tool that is easy to use if you want analytics to what you are doing on your recruiting efforts, and if you want an easy system that allows you to send resumes without using a separate email. If you like setting up phone interviews through outlook, the system will enable you to do that if you are looking for a tool that has a 24-hour help desk!
The Support with Newton Applicant Tracking System is great! If we have a question we send it through and they answer it within an hour tops. They are always knowledgeable and typically have an easy answer. We have never had any issues with the support through Newton Applicant Tracking System and I would say its one of the best support systems we have currently within the company.
February 18, 2020
  • Easy to navigate.
  • User-friendly
  • Not challenging to learn to use.
  • Reports
  • Updating information quicker in reports.
  • Templates for mass upload need to be better.
  • Should be able to roll up totals for pay stub history.
  • Users (payroll team)should be able to request stop payment from the site itself.
Not appropriate if transferring from ADP to Paycor. Documents do not transfer over. The integration team is not strong enough.
Our HR and/or payroll team is spending more time than we did previously due to Paycor. - I believe we did not have a lot of things correct during the integration project. The reps we had were awful & not knowledgeable.
Easy to navigate.
January 27, 2020
Paycor is being used as a payroll and HRIS system across the entire organization. The application manages payroll as a primary function. Additionally, the system is being used to track benefits and store employee documents (ie, child support orders, etc.). We utilize the application to generate reports that help manage the business as well.
  • Accuracy of processing payroll
  • Sales Reps are excellent to work with
  • Reporting functionality
  • Customer Service
Smaller organizations with very little complexity for payroll. Organizations that do not have a need to generate very many reports on a regular basis, particularly reports that are rather complex or complicated. It is a great system for smaller companies who don't have a need to contact customer service very often. The customer service representatives are very, very nice but the wait time to get to speak with one is growing increasingly frustrating.
Our HR and/or payroll team is spending more time than we did previously due to Paycor. - The amount of time needed to resolve even a minor issue or obtain the answer to a simple question has grown increasingly frustrating. I've recently spent over 1.4 hours trying to get a simple issue resolved.
Because although it has a very easy user interface, the back side of the application appears to be growing more unstable and I lack the confidence that I once had in the application.
March 03, 2020
HATE IT! Other software I've used in the past (some over a decade ago) has far more features than Paycor does - and it's 2020! It's NOT user friendly. It's not management friendly. It's flat out awful!!! I've used over 5 different payroll/time-card systems and this is my LEAST favorite.

We ALL keep a running list of reasons why we want to switch to ANY other company and are awaiting the day the owners are ready to hear our complaints so we can make a switch for the better. I do NOT recommend Paycor - not even on its best day.
The viewing capabilities for managers, managers of managers - we are constantly having to rig it to work for us. We make notations on timecards that can be deleted - even by the employee themselves. The ease of deleting documents can be done by anyone which is frightening!! The vast difference between the app and the website, makes no sense: you can do some things on the site and some things on the app that you can't do on the other. The accrual system is complete trash. The calculation system is flawed, to say the least. The rollover options for PTO/sick time are non-existent. We constantly have to manually adjust these things. All in all, I seriously dislike the system and so does everyone else.
It's awful.
August 29, 2019
Nancy Flippin | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycor is used to track time and attendance, process payroll, manage benefit enrollments, and other HRIS functions across the entire organization.
  • The integration between time and attendance and payroll processing is very seamless and easy to use. Once time is approved and verified, it is very quick and easy to run payroll.
  • Creating import files from each pay run to the GL is very quick and easy. All the GL mapping is done in Paycor and is easy to maintain and update as needed.
  • Reporting is fairly robust; once a user becomes familiar with the various data fields, creating custom reports is not overly difficult to do.
  • Reports for time and attendance are not nearly as robust as reports from payroll; finding the information you need takes more skill.
  • The employee review process that is part of the platform is cumbersome; the workflows are clunky and do not really provide any flexibility. Employees are not able to actually add their own comments to their review--they have to give them to their manager manually and then the manager has to enter the comments
Paycor is a strong platform for small to mid-size organizations; it easily handles the day-to-day needs of HR and finance as well as any special reporting needed for audits, etc. The onboarding process can be a bit tedious, but once everything is entered, the data pushes through from HR to payroll. Open enrollments are also easy to handle through Paycor; however, it would be more useful if there were bridges between Paycor and benefits companies so that enrollments could be pushed out to the provider platform. Thus for larger companies, Paycor may not be as strong for all their needs.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month. - The seamless integration between time and attendance and payroll provides significant time savings compared to our previous provider. Benefit deductions and other deductions are also much easier to manage and push through from HR to payroll. In addition, we have a full 360 bridge with our retirement platform which has greatly increased our efficiencies as well as reduces our liability in managing our 401K.
There are parts of Paycor that definitely can be improved (such as the employee evaluation process) but overall Paycor provides what we need to manage our workforce, manage benefits, process payroll, and maintain information.
Read Nancy Flippin's full review
November 27, 2019
Trisha McPherson | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Paycor as our HRIS/Payroll vendor and also utilize some of their integrated services such as Litmos (LMS) and Newton (ATS). It helps us with reporting and tracking of HR/Payroll data and we like the integration between the LMS and ATS options. It has eliminated the need for multiple spreadsheets we had previously used.
  • They make frequent updates to their systems which helps usability.
  • The reporting options are easy to use.
  • Navigation is simple within the tool.
  • For employees in the HRIS side trying to make updates to their direct deposit, it is confusing for them to have to overwrite their Primary Net Account instead of being able to select a new account they added to their list of options.
  • The addition of an Employee Health set of fields for tracking of annually required items (flu shots) or health-related vaccines would be very nice.
  • Implementation of the product appeared easy at first, but the reality was that the easiness actually created issues that could have been identified or set up to meet our expectations if there had been more dialogue back and forth during the process.
Paycor is a good fit for a small to mid-size company that is looking for user-friendly options. It has really helpful resource guides that can walk you through various parts of the platform where you are trying to accomplish a task. There is not a "hand-holding" experience with the implementation or initial usage so a company needs to have a pro-active person involved in these steps in order to ask lots of questions and make sure you fully understand what functionality you are getting.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month. - We can fix issues on the fly ourselves vs. going back and forth with a previous vendor.
Overall it is really good, but there are several areas that things are not as seamless as they could be.
Read Trisha McPherson's full review
November 25, 2019
Lisa Bloodworth | TrustRadius Reviewer
Currently we use Paycor for their payroll system and it is used by the whole organization. We use the onboarding feature since we hire seasonally around 120 employees. Paycor allows us to be able to send them an email and it has the feature where we can make certain blocks of information required.
  • Paycor currently has an onboarding feature where we as the hiring agent are able to utilize and send out to any of our new hires. It's extremely helpful to not have to track down their paperwork that they may or may not have filled out. This way we have an electronic copy and no one has to second guess.
  • If it was possible to make it to where the administrator can make changes to the onboarding before it is run through. There is certain information that our staff may bring for their I-9 which we require online but I am not able to update it. Many times after they come here because of the nature of our work they may not be able to get to a computer for another three months.
Paycor is well suited for companies who have a large amount of employee turnover. Currently we have a three month period where we hire around 120 people and the on boarding feature makes it manageable for us to make sure that we have all of the information that is necessary. For other companies who also have a wide turnover rate it is helpful to be able to keep track of hire dates and relevant employee information.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month. - We are now not having to manually input all of the hours into our reporting system thus allowing for more time to be able to look over and manage the employees' other information for accuracy. It also allows time for other activities that we were rushing to complete before the end of the month and quarterly.
Paycor is easy to use, but just like all programs can always do with a little bit of tweaking. The wizard for the setup would be nice it if was a little more straight forward in the configurations where to find things that we would like to update. It would be helpful to view the changes before leaving the config page.
Read Lisa Bloodworth's full review
November 22, 2019
Shealeen Kirby | TrustRadius Reviewer
Paycor is being used as a time tracking device for hourly employees and a job costing aid for our software development process for our engineers. It allows us to capture time precisely and be able to run reports based on that data. We also use it for our open enrollment, benefit elections, and a general area to house all of our payroll and some HR related items within each employee's profile. We have not completely transitioned to doing all of our company-wide reviews on there, but it is very helpful to have a complete product fill all of our needs.
  • A dedicated representative to help with any of our questions and concerns that is familiar with our account.
  • The ability to do job costing and run reports based on that data.
  • Allowing our employees to have flexibility on their time cards with having the mobile punch option.
  • We had a bit of an issue with our representative at the beginning of not communicating well, however, we have a new rep and she is wonderful!
  • Reporting could use some work, there are a ton of reports, but there aren't specific items that I need, like running a census that allows me to see which state each employee is located in for our State reporting requirements.
  • Reporting again usually has some bugs that are associated with it, so it will sometimes take me quite a while to run a report that has a lot of data on it for our job costing.
  • Foreign payroll would be nice to have and the ability to allow for PTO accruals and time tracking for our foreign employees.
Paycor really has fulfilled quite a lot of our needs. One of the issues we have come across though is that we are not able to run foreign payroll out of it, so we aren't able to effectively track our foreign employee's PTO out of it either. I understand the reason why it doesn't roll properly, but it would be nice if Paycor, in the future, can become more diversified to be able to handle all of our foreign employee payrolls.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved over 50 hours per month. - With the amount of time that I and our old HR/Payroll lady have saved, it has been an amazing experience. It has also saved our CTO a ton of time by being able to see the curated reports that we provide to him from exports out of Paycor that frees up his time to work on other more important tasks. I think overall, we have seen a huge improvement in all of our processes, especially in the HR/Finance department.
The usability is great! I love how we are able to get immediate reporting after payroll is run. I love the fact that we are able to get a general ledger export after every payroll that has been customized so there is very little time associated with trying to edit a journal entry to get it usable into our system. It has allowed us to save time on creating journal entries, job costing reporting has been a huge help, and the ability to have so much flexibility on reporting. This product really has saved us time and a ton of headaches!
Read Shealeen Kirby's full review
November 21, 2019
Cheryl Sammons | TrustRadius Reviewer
Keller Group is a management company for a group of family-owned businesses. We span many different industries and process payroll for multiple federal id numbers. We use Paycor for HR, Benefits, Payroll Processing and Time & Attendance management. Paycor makes it easy to manage multiple companies/federal ids within their system. I think the integration between HR/Benefits and Payroll is seamless, and we have not encountered any issues with those two systems. The T&A side is a little more 'removed' from the other modules, but they recently provided an update on that side that included many useful enhancements.
  • One thing that Paycor does extremely well is to listen to their end-users. They have an area for feedback where you can recommend updates to be included in future releases. I have had two different ideas that I submitted be implemented in the 4 years that I have been using Paycor.
  • Paycor's customer service has been a plus. Although you have different customer service reps for different modules, they are very responsive and seem to know the system very well.
  • When we were reviewing HRIS systems, Paycor was competitively priced for our size organization.
  • I do think there is room for improvement in the integration of the T&A module and the Payroll and HR/Benefits modules. It is the most cumbersome module to work in and there are a few changes that when made on the HR/Benefit side do not flow to T&A such as Supervisor changes.
  • It would be nice to have one point of contact for all modules, but again, I have been satisfied with the level of service received from the CSR's at Paycor. Sometimes I have to look to find out who to contact about a particular issue.
Keller Group has a distribution company, a manufacturing plant, auto dealerships, as well as other industries. I have to say that Paycor has been able to handle the various situations that each of these different industries have needed to be able to accommodate -- from commissioned salespeople, shift differentials, incentive payments, etc. It is versatile and has been able to meet our needs across all our companies.
Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.
The HR/Benefits and Payroll modules are intuitive and user-friendly. The T&A module is less intuitive but can be figured out by someone with slightly above-average technical abilities.
Read Cheryl Sammons's full review

Employee demographic data (134)
Employment history (144)
Job profiles and administration (130)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (127)
Organizational charting (90)
6.1
Organization and location management (97)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (92)
9.2
Pay calculation (166)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Off-cycle/On-Demand payment (10)
Benefit plan administration (120)
Direct deposit files (164)
9.4
Salary revision and increment management (140)
Reimbursement management (8)
Approval workflow (95)
Balance details (110)
Annual carry-forward and encashment (94)
6.6
View and generate pay and benefit information (134)
Update personal information (137)
View company policy documentation (100)
Employee recognition (7)
View job history (121)
Tracking of all physical assets (42)
Report builder (128)
Pre-built reports (131)
Ability to combine HR data with external data (80)
5.2
New hire portal (122)
Manager tracking tools (87)
Corporate goal setting (1)
Individual goal setting (41)
Line-of sight-visibility (34)
Performance tracking (40)
Performance plans (55)
Performance improvement plans (50)
Review status tracking (52)
Review reminders (51)
Multiple review frequency (42)
Candidate search (1)
Job Requisition Management (43)
Company Website Posting (42)
9.5
Publish to Social Media (39)
9.4
Job Search Site Posting (38)
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (33)
9.5
Applicant Tracking (44)
9.4
Notifications and Alerts (47)

What is Paycor?

Paycor offers a modern, unified HR & payroll solution that aims to help users become more efficient, while helping them connect better with employees. According to the vendor, the product offers engaging employee self-service and unlimited workflows, thus making it easier to connect to people, and helping everyday processes become simplified.

Key benefits include:
  • The platform is designed to be exceedingly usable, while also being robust and feature-filled — enabling users to quickly and easily pay employees from wherever they are, all while ensuring tax compliance.
  • Paycor's time tracking system makes labor management both time- and cost-effective. The solution allows employers to create schedules, manage requests and stay on top of labor distribution.
  • Paycor onboarding enables employers to connect with new hires in a more engaging way by reducing the amount of paperwork to accelerate new hire productivity.
The solution promises to help companies streamline HR and payroll processes and get fast access to employee data.

Paycor acquired Ximble, a cloud-based employee scheduling solution, in May of 2019. The software has since been added to Paycor's core platform and will expand the range of capabilities offered by Paycor. Paycor also acquired Newton Applicant Tracking System (ATS) in 2015 in order to further expand it's HCM offering with a best-in class recruiting software. Newton ATS has been incorporated into the Paycor platform as of March 2020.

Paycor Features

Human Resource Management Features

Has featureEmployee demographic data
Has featureEmployment history
Has featureJob profiles and administration
Has featureWorkflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Has featureBenefits information
Has featureOrganizational charting
Has featureOrganization and location management
Has featureCompliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)

Payroll Management Features

Has featurePay calculation
Has featureOff-cycle/On-Demand payment
Has featurePayroll history for each employee
Has featureBenefit plan administration
Has featureDirect deposit files
Has featurePayroll tracking and auditing
Has featureSalary revision and increment management

Leave and Attendance Management Features

Has featureApproval workflow
Has featureEmail notifications
Has featureBalance details
Has featureTravel absence management
Has featureAnnual carry-forward and encashment

Employee Self Service Features

Has featureEmployee login
Has featureView and generate pay and benefit information
Has featureUpdate personal information
Has featureRequest time off
Has featureView job history
Has featureView company policy documentation
Has featureView company news and information

Asset Management Features

Has featureTracking of all physical assets
Has featureAsset issue and transfer management
Has featureAsset return

HR Reporting Features

Has featureReport builder
Has featurePre-built reports
Has featureAbility to combine HR data with external data

Performance Management Features

Paycor Screenshots

Paycor Videos (4)

Paycor Downloadables

Paycor Integrations

bswift, Employee Navigator, PlanSource BenefitsOne, Newton Software, TurboTax, Netspend

Paycor Competitors