Paycor offers recruiting, hiring, benefits administration, payroll, tax compliance, and time & attendance tracking capabilities.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/2z/Im/6FEZILIBFBR1.PNGWe love Paycor!We use Paycor within our HR department for payroll and record-keeping. Aside from basic payroll operations, we also allow pay advances. Payroll has a unique, if not quite ideal, system for managing these advances. Once you learn the nuances (yes, learning curve) it works pretty well. Also, we frequently have employees request copies of pay stubs. As we only have a couple licenses at present, there is no capacity for people to get them without help. Paycor is extremely user-friendly when searching for employees by name, and in obtaining a PDF to print or email for an employee.,Paycor is great at retrieiving employee-specific data. You can always easily find an employee by name, and then examine their history of deductions, pay stubs, and other information. When someone asks a questions, I don't have to hunt them down later to provide information. I have them sit for a minute and I can provide whatever they needed. That's a literal minute, 60 seconds. It's very quick! We have some unique timeclock requirements for our people: They can clock in up to 10 minutes before the shift starts, a loose window for when they can punch out for lunch, and some padding for end of day stuff. We just told Paycor what we wanted and they put it in place. We have not had any trouble. We have people who are ... challenging when it comes to punching in and out reliably. They miss all the time! Or, maybe they think they did, and then punch twice on accident. Paycor's system makes editting punches very easy. We then usually print the timecard to show the employee his or her mistake and that it was corrected. It is so simple because any errors or anomalies are highlighted and and grouped for error-only viewing. You can click next and proceed to correct or acknowledge them all without mixing in the error-free personnel. It streamlines the process significantly!,Paycor does not yet have the option to NOT receive a pay stub. For example, I would choose to not receive a pay stub if possible. Even though I am on Direct Deposit and have access to my records, there is a fee associated with each paystub provided (nominal). I would like to forego the stub and just view my information online when I choose, saving money and paper. There is not yet any system for achieving this. Loans/ advances. While I have gotten used to Paycor's system, I do not like it. Their system forces the loans to be a constant running total for the employee over their entire employment. For example, if I took $1000 of advance last year and I want another $500 this year, the loan requires the balance limit be set to $1500. I can set how much to pay per week easily enough, but I don't like the running total, year over year. There is no other option per our rep. We've asked. We've had a fair amount of rep turnover during our time with Paycor. It would be nice to have a bit more stability and a nice relationship with 1 person.,9,For starters, Paycor was way cheaper than ADP for us, and ADP no longer felt like a good fit. Paycor has been a positive impact on our business. Data can be access quickly and tasks accomplished easily.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.,8,10,ADP Enterprise eTIMEHappy ControllerWe use Paycor and it's Ready Clock product. Ready Clock is used in our shop for tracking of employees' time and attendance. Paycor is used by all 3 of our companies for the processing of our weekly and bi-weekly payrolls. We also us Paycor's HR module for research and answering HR questions we may encounter. We also use Paycor's custom reporting module for various reports that we may require that uses payroll information.,Paycor's Ready Clock product does a good job for us in tracking our time and attendance for our shop employees. Paycor's payroll product is easy to use and anytime we have any issues our Paycor payroll specialist team is available and is able to assist us quickly in resolving the issue. Paycor's HR module is a good source of information for us. Paycor's custom reporting is useful to us in pulling together adhoc reports using payroll information.,We are a small company and our payroll, HR requirements are fairly straight forward. To date Paycor has done a good job of meeting our needs so I really cannot think of any improvements that we would require at this time. We have run into issues using Paycor through Internet Explorer which was the mail internet tool we used but switching over to Foxfire or Chrome solved the issue. It would be nice if it worked better with Internet Explorer.,10,As stated earlier, Ready Clock module does a good job for us in tracking shop employees time and attendance which is a big help and hours and attendance information is available as needed online anytime. The hours from Ready Clock system is imported into the Paycor online payroll software which saves time and effort and helps reduce the chance of clerical entry errors. We also find the Paycor online payroll software easy to use. It does not take us long at all to process and submit our payroll each week. The ability to handle the payroll processing remotely is also a great benefit for us. Paycor's handling of our tax filing saves us the time and hassle of handling the returns in house. It also saves us the time of having to keep up on the tax changes. The few times that there have been issues with a taxing authority we are able to simply forward the information to Paycor and their tax people take care of the research and responding to the taxing authority, this we find to be very efficient and time saving.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved time, but I'm not sure how much.,10,10,Paycor is a great addition to any HR team.We utilize Paycor across our whole organization to manage time and attendance, payroll and HRIS solution. We also have integrated our ATS with it.,Tax research and resolution. The tax team is very knowledgeable and takes the burden of researching and resolving issues as they arise. This relieves the burden off of our department so that we can focus on being a strategic business partner. Another strength is their client support. Whenever I am in need of a particular report, they are usually very helpful in training me on how to create it or they just do it for me.,Consistency among their client support. The level of service that one associate provides isn't necessarily the level of service you get from the next representative.,8,Paycor is a great product to reduce the administrative burden on the HR function.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 25-50 hours per month.,8,9It Pays to Use PaycorPaycor is being used as a payroll service for our church and school. The Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston has recommended the company to us.,Paycor employees are knowledgeable and helpful when I need their help. The reports are accessible and easy to read. They automatically process the quarterly and year taxes and reports.,I would like to see Paycor be more accessible by phone when I need an immediate answer. I have to pull out an old report to find the phone number. I have not heard back from Paycor after leaving a message three days ago.,10,The employees can now view their pay stubs and profiles online.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 1-25 hours per month.,8,9,Easy Peasy PaycorWe use Paycor on an organizational level. It is easy to manage and easy for employees to access.,Ease of use - the program is very user-friendly. It is particularly easy to navigate. Resources readily available - they have lots of online tutorials to help in the day to day battle of questions. Customer service - everyone at Paycor is readily available to answer or help with any questions or issues.,Recall - sometimes if you have to leave a message or email about an issue they don't always get back to you as quickly as I would like. This also depends on the rep that is assigned to you.,10,Keeping track of contributions for child support or garnishments is easy. Ease of use for tracking is wonderful.,Our HR and/or payroll team has saved 25-50 hours per month.,9,10,ADP Enterprise eTIME
Paycor

Paycor Reviews

Paycor
Top Rated Award
Filter 130 vetted Paycor reviews and ratings
March 21, 2018

User Review: "We love Paycor!"

• Paycor is great at retrieiving employee-specific data. You can always easily find an employee by name, and then examine their history of deductions, pay stubs, and other information. When someone asks a questions, I don't have to hunt them down later to provide information. I have them sit for a minute and I can provide whatever they needed. That's a literal minute, 60 seconds. It's very quick!
  • We have some unique timeclock requirements for our people: They can clock in up to 10 minutes before the shift starts, a loose window for when they can punch out for lunch, and some padding for end of day stuff. We just told Paycor what we wanted and they put it in place. We have not had any trouble.
  • We have people who are ... challenging when it comes to punching in and out reliably. They miss all the time! Or, maybe they think they did, and then punch twice on accident. Paycor's system makes editting punches very easy. We then usually print the timecard to show the employee his or her mistake and that it was corrected. It is so simple because any errors or anomalies are highlighted and and grouped for error-only viewing. You can click next and proceed to correct or acknowledge them all without mixing in the error-free personnel. It streamlines the process significantly!
  • Paycor does not yet have the option to NOT receive a pay stub. For example, I would choose to not receive a pay stub if possible. Even though I am on Direct Deposit and have access to my records, there is a fee associated with each paystub provided (nominal). I would like to forego the stub and just view my information online when I choose, saving money and paper. There is not yet any system for achieving this.
  • Loans/ advances. While I have gotten used to Paycor's system, I do not like it. Their system forces the loans to be a constant running total for the employee over their entire employment. For example, if I took $1000 of advance last year and I want another $500 this year, the loan requires the balance limit be set to $1500. I can set how much to pay per week easily enough, but I don't like the running total, year over year. There is no other option per our rep. We've asked.
  • We've had a fair amount of rep turnover during our time with Paycor. It would be nice to have a bit more stability and a nice relationship with 1 person.
Paycor seems to be fantastic for our size. It's easy for one person to manage payroll without spending too much time, so a good choice for the even the most time-challenged. Information is often easily accessible and well organized. The drawbacks tend to be minor, but there are a few. In our experience they are heavily outweighed by the positives of the system. It is extremely intuitive.
Read Dan Abrams's full review
March 20, 2018

Paycor Review: "Happy Controller"

• Paycor's Ready Clock product does a good job for us in tracking our time and attendance for our shop employees.
  • Paycor's payroll product is easy to use and anytime we have any issues our Paycor payroll specialist team is available and is able to assist us quickly in resolving the issue.
  • Paycor's HR module is a good source of information for us.
  • Paycor's custom reporting is useful to us in pulling together adhoc reports using payroll information.
  • We are a small company and our payroll, HR requirements are fairly straight forward. To date Paycor has done a good job of meeting our needs so I really cannot think of any improvements that we would require at this time.
  • We have run into issues using Paycor through Internet Explorer which was the mail internet tool we used but switching over to Foxfire or Chrome solved the issue. It would be nice if it worked better with Internet Explorer.
As I noted earlier, the Paycor Ready Clock product has done a good job for us in tracking our shop time and attendance. Paycor's online payroll software is fairly straightforward and easy to use. It is also very nice that if for any reason I am away from the office I am able to handle the processing of payroll remotely.
Read Jim Traynor's full review
March 16, 2018

Review: "Paycor is a great addition to any HR team."

• Tax research and resolution. The tax team is very knowledgeable and takes the burden of researching and resolving issues as they arise. This relieves the burden off of our department so that we can focus on being a strategic business partner.
  • Another strength is their client support. Whenever I am in need of a particular report, they are usually very helpful in training me on how to create it or they just do it for me.
  • Consistency among their client support. The level of service that one associate provides isn't necessarily the level of service you get from the next representative.
The great thing about Paycor is that they offer an all in one solution to timekeeping, applicant tracking, payroll, HRIS and reporting. This is very convenient as opposed to having separate software installations for each aspect of the human resources function.
Read Russell Roen's full review
July 06, 2018

User Review: "It Pays to Use Paycor"

• Paycor employees are knowledgeable and helpful when I need their help.
  • The reports are accessible and easy to read.
  • They automatically process the quarterly and year taxes and reports.
  • I would like to see Paycor be more accessible by phone when I need an immediate answer. I have to pull out an old report to find the phone number.
  • I have not heard back from Paycor after leaving a message three days ago.
In the past few months, one of my employees did not get paid. Something was manually checked by me that I did not know I checked. Although it took several calls and emails and about a week, the representative from Paycor talked me through how to print a check from the school's account but show it through Paycor.
Read Barbie Porter's full review
July 02, 2018

User Review: "Easy Peasy Paycor"

• Ease of use - the program is very user-friendly. It is particularly easy to navigate.
  • Resources readily available - they have lots of online tutorials to help in the day to day battle of questions.
  • Customer service - everyone at Paycor is readily available to answer or help with any questions or issues.
  • Recall - sometimes if you have to leave a message or email about an issue they don't always get back to you as quickly as I would like. This also depends on the rep that is assigned to you.
I would highly recommend Paycor. I have used other payroll and HR platforms in the past and this one is by far the easiest to use.
Read Erin Wukawitz's full review
June 27, 2018

Paycor Review: "Biggest Payroll bang for the buck!"

We use it for our main business and one subsidiary. We use the timekeeping feature which is very easy to use and adjust keypunch errors. The online reports are precise and easy to read.

Have partially written a new employee manual and have used it to write reports for insurance audits.
  • Time keeping feature is great as there are no cards to swipe, only four digits and a pass code that is the same for everyone.
  • Report writer is an add on feature, but takes the burden away from manually determining audit periods that are not a calendar year.
  • Multiple HR functions, including employee manuals. Help features are excellent and can walk you through the entire stage of building any HR report that you might need.
  • Report writing should be a given in any payroll service, not a paid for add-on. Manipulating data over non-standard periods would be a very helpful feature without having to pay additionally for it.
Running payroll is very easy and as is adding employees.
Read Wendell Stoeffler's full review
June 26, 2018

"Paycor Review"

Paycor is used throughout the company. It is used to rectify payroll and distribute employees wages.
  • The system is easy to navigate.
  • Deductions, such as garnishments and child support are simple and streamlined.
  • Online reporting is fast and easy to use.
  • Techincal issues are few and far between. If one does occur, it is resolved quickly.
  • Customer service is not tailored to individual needs. There is no dedicated customer service rep. You are given an option to take the first available rep., however, this person may or may not be suited or trained in the issue you are having.
  • Custom reports need to be VERY specific and require many filters to get the information that is needed. There is a chance of inaccurate data due to these filters.
  • ACA reporting provides inaccurate data, often changing on a cut off date and eliminating or adding employees to receive coverage.
  • Emails are not quickly responded to.
I get the impression that Paycor would be a better system if you have the entire system. Using Paycor for payroll is fine, but there is more that it can be used for, however, the system is a-la-carte.
Read Brian Rinness's full review
June 26, 2018

User Review: "Paycor is Good"

Paycor is being used across the organization to procress payroll and associated payroll taxes as well as track hours worked by department, PTO accruals and other similar tasks.
  • Easy to use interface
  • Custom Reporting
  • Full compliment HR products
  • Lack of interface between Time & Attendance and HR leads to discrepancies and duplicate work
  • Support is often slow to provide responses
  • Single point resource for problem resolution
Paycor is well suited to meet basic payroll and HR management needs. They do a fine job of maintaining tax records and timely filing. The HR system supports multiple levels of supervision. Benefit tracking works well with some upfront work. Cost effective for mid-sized users. Does not require advanced technical skills to work with.
Read Leigh Skat's full review
June 19, 2018

User Review: "Paycor makes my life easier"

We use Paycor to process our entire company payroll. We have 4 different pay cycles each month, all of which are processed through Paycor. It is very user-friendly to use and whenever I do have any time of issue, I can contact my PaycorChoice team member and the situation is resolved quickly.
  • We have a few employees located in different states. Paycor makes my life easy by handling all of those different taxable locations and filing the proper paper work.
  • We also have Paycor do our Worker's Compensation filing. Again, save me time and work by letting them do what they do best so I can concentrate on my work.
  • The Paycor website it very user friendly and easy to use. When I do have a question about something that is new to me, I've always been able to get a quick and complete response and any issue is resolved easily. The folks I've spoken to or emailed with have all been very knowledgeable and helpful.
  • When I first started using Paycor, I had one individual who handled all of my questions. I had built a personal relationship with her and felt comfortable working with her and I kind of miss that. Now, there is a team, so I no longer have that personal relationship, however the team is great and there is always someone available to help me when I need it. No worry about 'my rep' being on vacation or out sick.

Paycor is well suited to handle all federal and local tax and worker's compensation withholding and filing. Having Paycor handle all of this makes my life much easier.

We recently switched retirement plans and were looking into Paycor providing direct reporting to them for our plan. However, when we got a quote for that service, the price seemed quite high for the service being provided. It is a quick and easy report for me to generate and upload myself, so we opted not to add that service to our account. If we had a lot more employees, it may have been worth it, but for our small company, there wasn't any justification for it.

Read Janet Sokalski's full review
August 07, 2018

User Review: "Paycor's always available"

We have been using Paycor for payroll processing for over 7 years.
  • If you have questions regarding HR they are there to help.
  • When I have a question regarding how to enter info into the payroll system, there is never a wait. They take my call right away.
  • The Paycor representatives are always knowledgeable and very pleasant.
  • The only thing that comes to mind is how you have to check every employee not being paid in the system to process the payroll.
Paycor makes it easy when it comes to being compliant with regulations.
Read Nikki Meisner-Yasbeck's full review
March 19, 2018

Review: "Preferred payroll processing... by Paycor"

Paycor supports our payroll, benefits, timekeeping, and employee reporting processes.Our line supervisors are users of the time and attendance platform for scheduling and reporting.

We have 3 locations throughout Ohio and have 4 users in the HR Dept. Our VP Finance is a user as well.

• While it is often difficult to reach your assigned service representative, all staff seems to be well trained and able to answer our questions.
  • Continued improvement by tracking customers' suggestions
  • Reliable access; I have never had a problem with operating their site.
  • Increasing hold times when calling for assistance. Being out of the "peak" season, I expect quicker service.
  • Once multiple platforms were implemented, we were moved to a representative for each product. I understand the need for this based on knowledge, but miss the times when we had a rep who "knew our business" individually.
  • Two of my platform representatives are in another time zone. This can be frustrating when needing answers early in my day.
  • I would prefer more user guides be available to print out.

We are able to create multiple tiers of benefits and wages.

The Reports and Analytics is a very useful tool.

Read Belinda Wright's full review

Paycor: "Octal Review"

Paycor is currently being used across the entire organization. It addresses employee questions and updates about their personal and employment information, hours, vacation, attendance points, and allows for general clear communication among departments. The employee database serves as my one-stop-shop for all employee information, and ensures I am compliant when necessary. Management access is a wonderful tool for each department, as it allows me to give certain accessibility to each level of employee, to ensure we are tracking all relevant information.
  • Paycor has a very user friendly system to enter new hires and track their personal, contact, and employment information.
  • Paycors time and attendance system's integration into Perform allows me to answer employee questions very quickly, while offering employees the chance to find the information on their own phone app for their account.
  • Paycor's annual filing and compliance tracking make my HR life incredibly easier. I find myself much more organized and prepared for quarterly, and annual compliance.
  • I would love to see safety integration into Paycor, as well as the compliance documentation that can be pulled straight from our Paycor account.
  • More on-web training that can be accessed to learn the functionality of Paycor for new managers. Sending our management to classes on-site can be cumbersome.
Any and all HR professionals that are either not using an HRIS system or time and attendance system would benefit extremely well from Paycor. I believe it's functionality allows me to better focus my day on helping our organization succeed, instead of looking for information. I would highly recommend Paycor and Time and Attendance to any and all HR Professionals!
Read Matthew Petrella's full review
March 16, 2018

Paycor Review: "An HRIS that does it all your way"

Our company uses the Onboarding, HR, Payroll and Time & Attendance platform in Paycor. We are currently considering implementing the LMS platform. It is used across the entire agency. It is our go-to data management system all things related to our employees.
  • Paycor does very well in providing support services with a dedicated team who are knowledgeable about our needs and history.
  • The platforms provide a fully integrated system minimizing manual or redundant data entry.
  • Online help resources provide detailed "how-to" videos and written, printable step by step guides.
  • Help resource materials are sometimes outdated.
  • A few of the specialists assigned were insufficiently knowledgeable about the product. However, I must say that when this was brought to the companies attention, the problem was immediately corrected and a new specialist assigned.
  • Support specialist are very responsive.
The payroll platform works well with or without the HR function. The various modules generally provide more than one method to address specific needs.
Read Linda Renardo's full review
March 16, 2018

Paycor Review: "An insider's perspective"

Paycor is used by our all of our Corporate locations. Each Corporate store has their own access to Paycor for their use. It assists us with our HRIS and payroll needs. We are also currently in the process and set up of ATS and Onboarding.
  • Originally I used Paycor back in 2007 for about 3 years. After a 8 year or so break from Paycor working for another company, I was able to come back to using Paycor with little to no training. It is extremely user friendly. I was able to log in and navigate through the system with ease.
  • Reporting with Paycor is great!
  • Currently my biggest hurtle with Paycor is the Absence Management System. Previously vacation was tracked manually for all eligible employees. One of my first goals when taking this role was to set up an accrual process for our stores. There was some issues when setting this up that were corrected, however I still have to personally go into each employees whose accrual is activated to ensure accruing occurred after each payroll. I was told that IT indicated there was a glitch in this aspect of things and there were no other proactive approaches other than me reviewing after each payroll. Its by no means hard to do, just tedious.
With the different levels of options that Paycor offers I believe that Paycor could suite business of most levels. I have worked with 3 other payroll systems over the past 10+ years and Paycor is my favorite! It is so user friendly that even those that haven't worked with an HRIS/Payroll system before would be able to operate with Paycor with ease. I also appreciate their support that is offered. Even if my rep isn't available you are still able to be forwarded to another specialist. This is very helpful in saving time within the work day.
Read Markee Armentrout's full review
February 20, 2018

Paycor Review: "Super user friendly!"

We use Paycor across the company to process payroll and tax filing. We also use the time and attendance module to track hours worked and time off. Additionally, we use Paycor to administer our company benefits. Our go live date was January 1, 2018 so we are still working through the kinks.
  • Paycor's greatest strength is their intuitive system. It is extremely easy to use from a user standpoint.
  • Paycor's pay grid is super easy to use.
  • Paycor's HR and Benefits module is very user friendly.
  • Taxation should not be tied to department codes but should be set up at the employee profile level.
  • The reporting module leaves much to be desired. There are not enough standard/canned reports. The tool to build reports is very limited.
  • The implementation team does not seem very strong. There is improvement needed with communication between and from the implementation team.
I absolutely love how user friendly and intuitive Paycor's system is from the user standpoint. That is definitely a great strength of Paycor. I'm struggling with some of the behind the scenes/administration part of the Paycor system. They are working with me to try to find a solution to these struggles. I remain hopeful.
Read Sandy Breihan Sinclair's full review
March 23, 2018

Paycor Review: "Easy to Use"

We use Paycor to process payroll and file tax reports. It is easy to use and accurate in the filings.
  • The payroll grid is easy to follow
  • Tax filings are done on schedule.
  • Tax filings are accurate
  • Customer service is slow and not always correct.
  • Customer service reps are not very knowledgeable
It is an easy cost-effective solution for a small business.
Read Dawn Broderick's full review
March 23, 2018

User Review: "Paycor Does More"

Paycor is used by the entire diocese and training was done online which proved to be somewhat inefficient. Since our parish became a client of Paycor, I am now working with my third payroll support specialist. I must admit that although I have had more that one person working on our account, all of the specialists have been very knowledgeable and very helpful.
  • Reminds you that payroll needs to be processed.
  • Will respond to questions on a timely manner.
  • I had difficulty rehiring an a teacher that was returning as a sub. The instructions by Payor were difficult to understand.
Read Cindy Edwards's full review
March 23, 2018

User Review: "Paycor vs QB"

Paycor is our main payroll service across the whole organization. It addresses multi-state payroll tracking.
  • Simplicity of interface
  • Step by step onboarding
  • Accessible anywhere you have internet access
  • Export to QuickBooks for job costing
Depends on the use. If it is for simple payroll processing then I strongly recommend. If you need drill downs and breakouts for insurance purposes or job cost tracking then I wouldn't recommend.
Read Heather Hurley's full review
March 19, 2018

User Review: "Paycor - YAY!"

We use Paycor for all of our payroll for Fairfield Township, Ohio.
  • Pay city taxes
  • Pay child support
  • Excellent reports
  • Sometimes we have a problem in transferring hours to payroll and we have to call Paycor so they can restore hours.
They are very helpful when you have a problem and have to call. These usually walk us right thru the issue.
Read Patty Moore's full review

"Paycor Review"

Paycor is used for our payroll and some HR.
  • HR
  • Payroll Help
  • Customer Service
  • Reports
  • Pay grid help
They have come along a ways since we started with them, but Paycor has become easier to navigate. The help menu can be vague at times depending on what you are looking to find, but customer service with your reps has been most beneficial for me. Setting up the turorials/videos for learning has been helpful as well.
Read Tracey Butt's full review
March 16, 2018

User Review: "Love me some Paycor!"

Paycor is used throughout our organization and in five different states. We have separate client ID's (EIN's) and the systems are all customized by state requirements.
  • Support is amazing
  • Technology is ever evolving but always user-friendly
  • Allows me to function as an HR dep't of one for over 250 employees
  • Employee recognition program (where employees and managers can publicly recognize one another). Paylocity has a similar function
Honestly, it is so customizable that it is suited for pretty much any situation.
Read Melissa Lucas's full review
March 15, 2018

User Review: "Paycor Payroll Program"

We use it for our whole entity.
  • Walks you through the new employee process.
  • If you forget to do something while entering a new employee they will contact you.
  • Timeliness of receiving W-2's.
  • Web based. So if I had a problem with the internet at work I could potentially go home and work on it.
  • Would like a place to put local address. (We employ several college students.)
  • Web based. So if there is an internet outage over our region I might not be able to produce payroll even if I went home to work on it as I live less than 4 miles from work.
Well suited if you have multiple departments.
Read Judy Crabtree's full review
July 09, 2018

User Review: "Happy I made the move to Paycor"

We use Paycorfor all our payroll needs across all departments. We have not added any special services as we are a bit specialized.
  • We have employees in different states. They are very adept at handling all the different withholding requirements. I have experienced the same excellent service when there are special issues with visa withholding details.
  • Paycor has patiently addressed all my questions when I call in and in a very timely and professional manner. They know their business inside and out. And they are always patient and pleasant to speak with.
  • I love having Paycor do this payroll. When I was attempting to do it myself, I was getting constant notices from the state or IRS that this or that hadn't been done properly. I'm happy to report I no longer have that problem. The money spent on Paycor services is well worth it.
  • A while back, Paycor went from having a dedicated person for our company to a team. I do miss the personalized care, but I have to say, I'm still getting a great level of care and competency.
  • Creating our own reports was a wonderful feature, added in the last few years. Perhaps some of those could be named, such as Unemployment Insurance Audit.
I would recommend Paycor without reservation.
June 27, 2018

Paycor Review: "Poor Performer"

We currently use Paycor across our entire company. Our business model is unique and involves many cost centers with differing pay rates, deductions, and taxes, so we decided to outsource our payroll six years ago to help alleviate cost and risk associated with in-house processing.
  • Paycor is an easy system to set up and utilize.
  • Payor is user-friendly, so we don't have many questions from our field staff concerning how to pull information that they need from the system.
  • Paycor's support system and customer service is lacking. It is very hard to get in contact with someone that knows how to fix an issue.
  • Paycor's updates often cause issues with each of our weekly pay runs. Sometimes they do updates mid day and mid week which interferes with getting our payroll out on time.
  • The Paycor system malfunctions quite often and does odd things that cannot be duplicated and so it never gets fixed. For instance, we have an employee that has 40 hours that does not show up on the pay grid but calculates and pays out. When you have hundreds of employees, things like that are hard to catch right away. We did catch it the second week in by chance but the employee had already been paid for 80 extra hours, and we were unable to recoup it because they left.
  • The component in Paycor that is used to pay back advances is not good. If an employee has more than one advance at any given time, you have to add it to the original amount; you cannot start a new one. Also, if one advance is completely paid back, the system doesn't allow you to close it out and store it as historical information. If the employee takes out another loan, you have to add it to the old one. It allows for the risk of human error.
  • Pulling Paycor reports is difficult and time consuming. You also cannot get an annual comprehensive report; the system can only print by payroll. So ,if I want a report showing all income for a given time period, the system pulls that period by week and gives me all four hundred plus employees by week. I then have to dump everything into an excel spreadsheet and sort it. This is so time consuming and causes errors because mistakes are easy to make.
  • I was in my profile on Paycor the other day and it all of a sudden switched to our HR Directors profile. I had all of their access abilities.
  • During the last update, Paycor gave administrative rights to many of our employees that should not have had it. We had to sift through our entire database to correct this issue. It was by luck that it was caught.
  • The Paycor system is not very good at accepting data dumps from other systems. It changes information during the dump and it is hard to catch everything. Many errors have been made because of it.
Paycor does a good job with tax related issues; however, their customer service is very lacking. The people available to help often do not know how to fix issues. They will not let you talk to IT directly or submit work tickets; you have to go through a customer service representative. If you don't have a good representative assigned to you then you get nowhere.
June 15, 2018

Review: "Paycor - Not the best, but a definite improvement over manual payroll processing!"

We first started using Paycor to process payroll. Subsequently, we added Paycor's time clocks, which allows all hourly employees to clock in and out from any of our 3 locations.

No longer do we have to manually add up time cards or write a bunch of paper checks for payroll. These Paycor services have sped up our payroll process and allow employees to have real-time information on their hours and pay.
  • Paycor allows you to create custom reports that save to your dashboard, including customization for file type, column order, calculations, etc. I created a few custom reports after my first payroll with Paycor so now it's a quick click of a button to generate these reports after each payroll.
  • Paycor allows you to customize rights assigned to users. I co-manage with another individual who shouldn't have access to any pay information but still have the ability to edit/review timesheets and PTO activity. With the help of some representatives at Paycor, we have customized the co-managers' rights to allow her to manage her employees' time without sacrificing any unnecessary payroll information. Similarly, this features allows us to give supervisors limited access to manage timesheets, as well.
  • Paycor provides a time dashboard that allows you to quickly see the last punch of each employee and which employees are approaching overtime. We have 3 locations and it can be hard to track down which employees are working and when, so the dashboard helps us better manage everyone's schedule. This dashboard also includes alerts to indicate when employees are missing punches; allowing us to fix it long before payroll day.
  • Paycor tends to assign you one representative that handles your account. I've been with Paycor for close to a year and a half and I've had SEVERAL Paycor representatives, so I imagine their turnover must be tremendous. I've found it's best to just call Paycor rather than rely on your rep for assistance.
  • Getting started with processing payroll online with Paycor wasn't too difficult of a process and the representatives were helpful on the first day. However, renting time clocks from Paycor and using the Time features online was quite a burden at set up. The rep didn't seem to fully know what she was doing and I had to make a LOT of phone calls during the first few months of usage to get everything working as we needed for our practice. I'd suggest these reps have more in-depth training AND have actually used these features. If the rep only understands what Paycor's help guide says, they're not doing me any favors.
It is definitely better suited for smaller employers. As an example, there's this new hire wizard in Paycor that lets you add on new hires, but then you have to click through a few items to get to the company set up and add that employee to the right policy group (i.e.: whether or not they get holiday pay, etc.) and then a few more clicks to set up PTO accrual and then a few more for customizing their access rights. So, the wizard helps at the beginning but then drops off for the other half of the process. There's a lot of things in Paycor where it seems streamlined at first but requires a lot more clicks than if it were organized in a better fashion. I believe this is just part of its development and will get better with time, but I still couldn't recommend Paycor with confidence to a bigger employer.

Employee demographic data (53)
Employment history (56)
Job profiles and administration (46)
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc. (51)
Organizational charting (28)
6.7
Organization and location management (35)
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.) (36)
Pay calculation (64)
Support for external payroll vendors (5)
Benefit plan administration (46)
Direct deposit files (63)
9.9
Salary revision and increment management (56)
9.8
Reimbursement management (8)
Approval workflow (35)
9.2
Balance details (42)
9.6
Annual carry-forward and encashment (36)
View and generate pay and benefit information (53)
9.9
Update personal information (52)
9.9
View company policy documentation (35)
Employee recognition (7)
View job history (40)
9.6
Tracking of all physical assets (16)
Report builder (52)
6.1
Pre-built reports (53)
5.7
Ability to combine HR data with external data (33)
New hire portal (39)
Manager tracking tools (30)
Corporate goal setting (1)
Individual goal setting (15)
Line-of sight-visibility (12)
Performance tracking (14)
Performance plans (17)
Performance improvement plans (16)
Review status tracking (16)
Review reminders (15)
Multiple review frequency (14)
Candidate search (1)
Job Requisition Management (10)
Company Website Posting (10)
Publish to Social Media (9)
Job Search Site Posting (7)
9.7
Duplicate Candidate Prevention (7)
9.5
Applicant Tracking (9)
9.4
Notifications and Alerts (10)

About Paycor

Paycor offers a modern, unified HR & payroll solution that aims to help you become more efficient, while helping you connect better with your employees. According to the vendor, the product offers engaging employee self-service and unlimited workflows, thus making it easier to connect to your people, and helping your everyday processes become simplified.

Key benefits include:
  • The platform is designed to be exceedingly usable, while also being robust and feature-filled — enabling you to quickly and easily pay employees from wherever you are, all while ensuring tax compliance.
  • Paycor's time tracking system makes labor management both time- and cost-effective. The solution allows employers to create schedules, manage requests and stay on top of labor distribution.
  • Paycor onboarding enables employers to connect with new hires in a more engaging way by reducing the amount of paperwork to accelerate new hire productivity.
The solution promises to help companies streamline HR and payroll processes and get fast access to employee data.