Reviews (1-25 of 71)
- Ensures and supports recruitment of right candidate by enabling applicant tracking module
- Fits in all organizations either small, medium or large thus becoming an excellent corporate solution
- Executes tax computation and remittance and even other statutory deductions easily and in a convenient manner
- Poor internet connections limit its functionality
- Easy to use
- Up and running in less than an hour
- Felt like I was getting a little nickled and dimed.
- Had to pay for some services that other companies offer for free.
- Sometimes felt like I was getting spammed from them.
- Allocating employees time throughout the day.
- Use with cell phones for transferring from one allocation to another.
- Visually seeing at payroll time what employees need timecard attention, by department.
- Timecard entry screen needs a re-write.
- Daily entry for times need to be saved one row at a time, so multiple punches need to be saved as you go.
- Paycor is great at retrieiving employee-specific data. You can always easily find an employee by name, and then examine their history of deductions, pay stubs, and other information. When someone asks a questions, I don't have to hunt them down later to provide information. I have them sit for a minute and I can provide whatever they needed. That's a literal minute, 60 seconds. It's very quick!
- We have some unique timeclock requirements for our people: They can clock in up to 10 minutes before the shift starts, a loose window for when they can punch out for lunch, and some padding for end of day stuff. We just told Paycor what we wanted and they put it in place. We have not had any trouble.
- We have people who are ... challenging when it comes to punching in and out reliably. They miss all the time! Or, maybe they think they did, and then punch twice on accident. Paycor's system makes editting punches very easy. We then usually print the timecard to show the employee his or her mistake and that it was corrected. It is so simple because any errors or anomalies are highlighted and and grouped for error-only viewing. You can click next and proceed to correct or acknowledge them all without mixing in the error-free personnel. It streamlines the process significantly!
- Paycor does not yet have the option to NOT receive a pay stub. For example, I would choose to not receive a pay stub if possible. Even though I am on Direct Deposit and have access to my records, there is a fee associated with each paystub provided (nominal). I would like to forego the stub and just view my information online when I choose, saving money and paper. There is not yet any system for achieving this.
- Loans/ advances. While I have gotten used to Paycor's system, I do not like it. Their system forces the loans to be a constant running total for the employee over their entire employment. For example, if I took $1000 of advance last year and I want another $500 this year, the loan requires the balance limit be set to $1500. I can set how much to pay per week easily enough, but I don't like the running total, year over year. There is no other option per our rep. We've asked.
- We've had a fair amount of rep turnover during our time with Paycor. It would be nice to have a bit more stability and a nice relationship with 1 person.
- Paycor's Ready Clock product does a good job for us in tracking our time and attendance for our shop employees.
- Paycor's payroll product is easy to use and anytime we have any issues our Paycor payroll specialist team is available and is able to assist us quickly in resolving the issue.
- Paycor's HR module is a good source of information for us.
- Paycor's custom reporting is useful to us in pulling together adhoc reports using payroll information.
- We are a small company and our payroll, HR requirements are fairly straight forward. To date Paycor has done a good job of meeting our needs so I really cannot think of any improvements that we would require at this time.
- We have run into issues using Paycor through Internet Explorer which was the mail internet tool we used but switching over to Foxfire or Chrome solved the issue. It would be nice if it worked better with Internet Explorer.
- Tax research and resolution. The tax team is very knowledgeable and takes the burden of researching and resolving issues as they arise. This relieves the burden off of our department so that we can focus on being a strategic business partner.
- Another strength is their client support. Whenever I am in need of a particular report, they are usually very helpful in training me on how to create it or they just do it for me.
- Consistency among their client support. The level of service that one associate provides isn't necessarily the level of service you get from the next representative.
- Paycor employees are knowledgeable and helpful when I need their help.
- The reports are accessible and easy to read.
- They automatically process the quarterly and year taxes and reports.
- I would like to see Paycor be more accessible by phone when I need an immediate answer. I have to pull out an old report to find the phone number.
- I have not heard back from Paycor after leaving a message three days ago.
- Ease of use - the program is very user-friendly. It is particularly easy to navigate.
- Resources readily available - they have lots of online tutorials to help in the day to day battle of questions.
- Customer service - everyone at Paycor is readily available to answer or help with any questions or issues.
- Recall - sometimes if you have to leave a message or email about an issue they don't always get back to you as quickly as I would like. This also depends on the rep that is assigned to you.
Have partially written a new employee manual and have used it to write reports for insurance audits.
- Time keeping feature is great as there are no cards to swipe, only four digits and a pass code that is the same for everyone.
- Report writer is an add on feature, but takes the burden away from manually determining audit periods that are not a calendar year.
- Multiple HR functions, including employee manuals. Help features are excellent and can walk you through the entire stage of building any HR report that you might need.
- Report writing should be a given in any payroll service, not a paid for add-on. Manipulating data over non-standard periods would be a very helpful feature without having to pay additionally for it.
- The system is easy to navigate.
- Deductions, such as garnishments and child support are simple and streamlined.
- Online reporting is fast and easy to use.
- Techincal issues are few and far between. If one does occur, it is resolved quickly.
- Customer service is not tailored to individual needs. There is no dedicated customer service rep. You are given an option to take the first available rep., however, this person may or may not be suited or trained in the issue you are having.
- Custom reports need to be VERY specific and require many filters to get the information that is needed. There is a chance of inaccurate data due to these filters.
- ACA reporting provides inaccurate data, often changing on a cut off date and eliminating or adding employees to receive coverage.
- Emails are not quickly responded to.
- Easy to use interface
- Custom Reporting
- Full compliment HR products
- Lack of interface between Time & Attendance and HR leads to discrepancies and duplicate work
- Support is often slow to provide responses
- Single point resource for problem resolution
- We have a few employees located in different states. Paycor makes my life easy by handling all of those different taxable locations and filing the proper paper work.
- We also have Paycor do our Worker's Compensation filing. Again, save me time and work by letting them do what they do best so I can concentrate on my work.
- The Paycor website it very user friendly and easy to use. When I do have a question about something that is new to me, I've always been able to get a quick and complete response and any issue is resolved easily. The folks I've spoken to or emailed with have all been very knowledgeable and helpful.
- When I first started using Paycor, I had one individual who handled all of my questions. I had built a personal relationship with her and felt comfortable working with her and I kind of miss that. Now, there is a team, so I no longer have that personal relationship, however the team is great and there is always someone available to help me when I need it. No worry about 'my rep' being on vacation or out sick.
Paycor is well suited to handle all federal and local tax and worker's compensation withholding and filing. Having Paycor handle all of this makes my life much easier.
We recently switched retirement plans and were looking into Paycor providing direct reporting to them for our plan. However, when we got a quote for that service, the price seemed quite high for the service being provided. It is a quick and easy report for me to generate and upload myself, so we opted not to add that service to our account. If we had a lot more employees, it may have been worth it, but for our small company, there wasn't any justification for it.
- If you have questions regarding HR they are there to help.
- When I have a question regarding how to enter info into the payroll system, there is never a wait. They take my call right away.
- The Paycor representatives are always knowledgeable and very pleasant.
- The only thing that comes to mind is how you have to check every employee not being paid in the system to process the payroll.
Paycor supports our payroll, benefits, timekeeping, and employee reporting processes.Our line supervisors are users of the time and attendance platform for scheduling and reporting.
We have 3 locations throughout Ohio and have 4 users in the HR Dept. Our VP Finance is a user as well.
- While it is often difficult to reach your assigned service representative, all staff seems to be well trained and able to answer our questions.
- Continued improvement by tracking customers' suggestions
- Reliable access; I have never had a problem with operating their site.
- Increasing hold times when calling for assistance. Being out of the "peak" season, I expect quicker service.
- Once multiple platforms were implemented, we were moved to a representative for each product. I understand the need for this based on knowledge, but miss the times when we had a rep who "knew our business" individually.
- Two of my platform representatives are in another time zone. This can be frustrating when needing answers early in my day.
- I would prefer more user guides be available to print out.
We are able to create multiple tiers of benefits and wages.
The Reports and Analytics is a very useful tool.
- Paycor has a very user friendly system to enter new hires and track their personal, contact, and employment information.
- Paycors time and attendance system's integration into Perform allows me to answer employee questions very quickly, while offering employees the chance to find the information on their own phone app for their account.
- Paycor's annual filing and compliance tracking make my HR life incredibly easier. I find myself much more organized and prepared for quarterly, and annual compliance.
- I would love to see safety integration into Paycor, as well as the compliance documentation that can be pulled straight from our Paycor account.
- More on-web training that can be accessed to learn the functionality of Paycor for new managers. Sending our management to classes on-site can be cumbersome.
- Paycor does very well in providing support services with a dedicated team who are knowledgeable about our needs and history.
- The platforms provide a fully integrated system minimizing manual or redundant data entry.
- Online help resources provide detailed "how-to" videos and written, printable step by step guides.
- Help resource materials are sometimes outdated.
- A few of the specialists assigned were insufficiently knowledgeable about the product. However, I must say that when this was brought to the companies attention, the problem was immediately corrected and a new specialist assigned.
- Support specialist are very responsive.
- Originally I used Paycor back in 2007 for about 3 years. After a 8 year or so break from Paycor working for another company, I was able to come back to using Paycor with little to no training. It is extremely user friendly. I was able to log in and navigate through the system with ease.
- Reporting with Paycor is great!
- Currently my biggest hurtle with Paycor is the Absence Management System. Previously vacation was tracked manually for all eligible employees. One of my first goals when taking this role was to set up an accrual process for our stores. There was some issues when setting this up that were corrected, however I still have to personally go into each employees whose accrual is activated to ensure accruing occurred after each payroll. I was told that IT indicated there was a glitch in this aspect of things and there were no other proactive approaches other than me reviewing after each payroll. Its by no means hard to do, just tedious.
- Paycor's greatest strength is their intuitive system. It is extremely easy to use from a user standpoint.
- Paycor's pay grid is super easy to use.
- Paycor's HR and Benefits module is very user friendly.
- Taxation should not be tied to department codes but should be set up at the employee profile level.
- The reporting module leaves much to be desired. There are not enough standard/canned reports. The tool to build reports is very limited.
- The implementation team does not seem very strong. There is improvement needed with communication between and from the implementation team.
- Reminds you that payroll needs to be processed.
- Will respond to questions on a timely manner.
- I had difficulty rehiring an a teacher that was returning as a sub. The instructions by Payor were difficult to understand.
- Support is amazing
- Technology is ever evolving but always user-friendly
- Allows me to function as an HR dep't of one for over 250 employees
- Employee recognition program (where employees and managers can publicly recognize one another). Paylocity has a similar function
Paycor Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Key benefits include:
- The platform is designed to be exceedingly usable, while also being robust and feature-filled — enabling you to quickly and easily pay employees from wherever you are, all while ensuring tax compliance.
- Paycor's time tracking system makes labor management both time- and cost-effective. The solution allows employers to create schedules, manage requests and stay on top of labor distribution.
- Paycor onboarding enables employers to connect with new hires in a more engaging way by reducing the amount of paperwork to accelerate new hire productivity.
Paycor Videos (5)
Paycor Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||75%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||24%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||1%|
Paycor Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Paycor Technical Details
|Mobile Application:||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries:||United States|