Overall Satisfaction with PowerDMS
PowerDMS is currently used across the whole organization. We utilize it for training administration and tracking, policy and procedure management, and accreditation management and assessment. It allows us to create paperless (and archived) documented proof of mandated training and accreditation requirements. Policies are distributed immediately across the whole agency or to specific areas as needed, and documented as such. It has reduced the need for giant policy manuals or cds and has allowed us to focus more time on live/hands on high liability training by placing the more redundant but required training online.
- Policy management: archive, ease of review (workflows) and distribution,
- The ability to assign certificates to reoccurring documents and training. A set it and forget it deal so you do not have to keep constant track of what is needed when.
- Training module is an invaluable tool for getting good information out without a classroom setting. It can be down at the users leisure.
- The accreditation assessment module eliminated the need for creating file cabinets for assessors. It is much easier that rifling through papers.
- Creating some reporting groups have been a challenge. With the recent update (which is terrific) instruction is still limited on getting it right.
- Training should be open for other types of media e.g. page turner type courses (narration with written / pictorial screenshots)
- Extended user profiles or the ability to add sub sections to job profiles (squads, shifts, etc.)
- Has reduced the use of paper (directive manuals, training files, assessment files)
- Reduced time in and aided in historical research
- Allowed more time with "hands on " training
- No negative impacts thus far.
Have not found any other products that have the "all-in-one" or ease of use that PowerDMS has.