Overall Satisfaction with PowerDMS
We use PowerDMS for the on boarding of our employees which include training, credentialing and personnel files. PowerDMS houses our policies and procedures, courses, tests and certificates. We use the assessment tool and standards to show compliance for our accrediting body. Managers are able to review our policies and procedures electronically on an annual basis, make edits, send the edits through a work flow for approval and distribute it to staff by assigning the documents to staff.
- PowerDMS has an agreement with our accrediting body which allows us to attach our documentation to an assessment to show compliance within PowerDMS. When we are surveyed, the surveyor is given temporary access to the software. This is more efficient by allowing them to start reviewing our documentation before their onsite visit.
- Training of our staff is conducted in PowerDMS. Instead of blocking schedules to conduct training, staff are able to log into PowerDMS to complete all of the required training when they are free.
- Review of policies are quick and easy. You can schedule a review to be conducted on an annual basis. PowerDMS automatically places the review in the appropriate parties' inboxes.
- Certificates need be revised so that they can be assigned to new employees as well as award an employee a certificate at a later date to start their annual cycle for training. We like to conduct the training at a time during the year when our department is slower. If an employee is hired at a busy time of the year and are awarded a certificate during their on boarding, the way certificates work right now, they will have to renew their certificate one year after their hire date which may be during a busy time of the year.
- Subfolders are needed for groups and document types.
- Certificates do not allow pdf files to be uploaded. It is an added step for us to scan a document and then change it from a pdf file to a jpeg file.
- By using PowerDMS, our supervisors do not have to spend as much time with a new employee with their on boarding.
- Paper manuals have been eliminated and signed polices are not lost since everything is electronic.
- Collaboration on polices is easier now that you can give managers edit rights to a policy before it is approved and published.
- Preparing for accreditation has been easier using this software. Many hours have been saved for the onsite visit.
- Policy Stat and PolicyTech
PowerDMS allowed the capability of housing the standards and assessment for our accreditation which the others did not. PowerDMS is able to be used by multiple departments in our organization where as some of the other software companies were specific to only one area. PowerDMS allows you to work in a Word environment. At the time we were making our decision on which software to purchase, not every product offered this.