April 01, 2021
Score 10 out of 10
Qlik Sense Desktop
Overall Satisfaction with Qlik Sense
I use Qlik Sense Desktop to monitor compliance with expense reporting policies. We use it in the Finance department to provide insight to managers and approvers in Concur as to how their direct reports are following expense policy. We also use the data to identify users who repeatedly violate the expense policy so we can correct behavior.
- Qlik is easy to set up to do basic visualizations
- The ability to share via e-mailed reports improves efficiency
- Support is always available
- Additional training
- Industry specific examples
- Nothing additional
- Qlik has allowed me to highlight areas in expense reporting that need correction. This information is shared with managers to take corrective action with their direct reports to improve accuracy and completeness in expenses.
- Using Qlik to correct behavior in expense reporting has save time in fixing errors in those expense reports that need remediation by reducing the number of reports that need to be addressed.
- The risk of fines and reputational harm that could result in inaccurate federal disclosures is reduced through using the tool to identify areas where employees need additional training with expense reporting.
We currently use a single data source. The underlying data comes in the form of Excel spreadsheets which are compiled through the manual review of expense reports in our expense reporting tool. The reviewer looks for specific policy violations and records them in a multi tab Excel workbook which Qlik consumes and creates easily read charts and graphs.
Managers who have access to the tool can review the data as it specifically relates to them and their direct reports. This allows for the segregation and confidentiality of information within the business units. The managers can drill down to share this information with their direct reports. This analysis has led to increased accuracy in our expense reports.
We are currently not using this functionality, however, I can see where we can use this to gain insight within our transparency reporting data to determine how company funds are deployed.
I used Tableau at a previous organization, Qlik was provided to me by IT at my current organization. I have also used PowerBI. All three products provide the functionality I need. However, it would be good if the end user could create the dashboards and visualizations without the need to employ a developer.
Qlik allows me to quickly process data and tell the story. The visualizations allow me to quickly tell the story and tailor that story to the specific audiences. We use this to identify areas within our expense reporting tool where we need to provide additional training or correct behavior to bring employees in compliance with our expense reporting policies.