Quadient Inspire is very Inspiring!
Updated March 24, 2023
Quadient Inspire is very Inspiring!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Quadient Inspire
We use Quadient Inspire in the 'IT' department. We use it to create complex mail merges, statements/invoices and other types of personalised mailpieces. It is only used in the IT department as they create everything that gets mailed. It has helped with many business problems, for example a customer sends us a pre merged PDF which they would like mailsorted. Through Inspire we are able to extract the address data from the PDFs using TextinRect which gives us a data file to work with.
- It keeps the graphic quality and colors of the supplied PDFs. Other software we have used to personalise PDFs has reduced the DPI and even changed the colors. Inspire is great at keeping everything as it should be.
- The imposition tools within Inspire give a vast range of getting the most out of your printers for the least cost. You can easily arrange documents 2 up or 4 up on SRA3 sheets for printing, cutting and stacking.
- The TextinRect tool is extremely useful for pulling information off a Digital Document allowing you to manipulate it in many ways.
- The little known MinMax Generator module is useful for seeing if all your text fits within a flow, if not the 'First Fitting Auto' feature enables you to shrink text automatically if it doesn't quite fit.
- I'd like to see more help in the way of scripting. The language is unique to Quadient Inspire so it can be a bit daunting, even coming from a programming background, to know the correct syntax.
- The ability to use TextinRect with UNC paths as we have multiple licences for production so we can run more than one 'Production' at a time but this doesn't seem to work on the server with UNC paths.
- I find inserting tables somewhat troublesome, I've also found that if you copy a table and paste it to another page in your layout module, although it makes a new table in the Table tab, if you change the contents of your new table, it also changes the contents of the table you copied.
- Being able to utilise conditions for selective artwork.
- Scripting to manipulate data
- TextinRect to pull data from PDFs
- Since purchasing Inspire we have won many business opportunities as it enables us to create documents we couldn't do before, for example: Council Tax Bills.
- It is a lot faster at processing than our previous software. We had one job we had to extract addresses from, it was 56,000 records from a 5.5million line text file. Our previous software took 26 hours to pull out the addresses, Quadient Inspire took 43 seconds!
- We are able to automate processes through Inspire via CLI batch files, where a job would normally take 30 minutes to set up and process, a bit of time spent on the workflow and automation script means we can just double click a batch file for repeat jobs and the print file is created in seconds.
Do you think Quadient Inspire delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Quadient Inspire's feature set?
Did Quadient Inspire live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Quadient Inspire go as expected?
Would you buy Quadient Inspire again?
It is well suited for any mail merge you need to do. It is a one stop shop and it does more than you could imagine. You can have multiple data files and multiple artworks/documents. Inspire enables you to source your data, mailsort it and then pull the correct artwork through using conditions for the correct data record, this enables you to do complex mailmerges where before, say in MS Word, you'd have to do everything separately.