Reviews (1-10 of 10)
In the most simple terms, it allows us to present clients' data to them in a way that is professional-looking, informative and user-friendly.
- Restructures and merges data from multiple sources
- Produces great looking reports and correspondence
- automates the process including sending out the door in an audit-able way.
- It has a really steep learning curve.
- There is always more to learning and it may take years to find every feature that's useful to you.
- Its not cheap, but then again, what enterprise software is?
Our most complex process takes in 20,000+ line XML's and data from multiple SQL servers and CSV's and merges them into 100+ page reports featuring custom explanations, graphs, tables and graphics.
This software allows us to take in data from a variety of input formats and process it to create visually appealing documents that fit our clients needs.
- Able to import any possible input—text and CSV files, XML, databases and anything else.
- Very quick creation of workflows. Any imaginable output can be created in a short time period.
- Easy to use modules can get you started very quickly, but advanced scripting features provide a tool which can handle any possible task.
- It is a bit harder to start on your own without a week of guided training (or at least not recommended).
- Online training
- In-person training
- Quadient Inspire is at the top when it comes to production process automation. This is one of the key strengths of Quadient as many companies are working towards embracing technology and getting things that are manually processed automated.
- Quadient is very reliable. For instance, Inspire Designer will hardly or never crash while in use.
- Most of Quadient products are very user-friendly.
- I would love to see a limited free trial version so people can discover how amazing Quadient Inspire is.
- I would love to see a mobile version of Inspire Designer.
- I would also love to see more video tutorials of how to use Inspire Designer.
- I am impressed with the way that documents can be inserted as images or natively to create the greatest flexibility of production from final file sizes and formats to amending content via personalisation with the minimum of difficulty.
- The intuitive drag and drop facility in the workflows makes even complex processes easy to work with.
- Modules are capable of great adaptability and precision from inserting crop marks, imposing multiple copies onto single sheets, capturing data from input documents etc that make otherwise serious problems practical to solve.
- Scripting is quite daunting to the uninitiated and more help would be appreciated.
- Transactional mail is quite complex to put together but that is to be expected from its very nature. Although we did receive some additional basic training on this, it still remains a little unclear.
- Some of the error messages received during processing could be more specific so that the user can diagnose more effectively the issue at hand.
- Totally user-friendly. All GUI interface allows you to see all the changes that you are implementing, also the scripting wizard allows even the most basic programmer to produce complex documents.
- Superior processing times. Compared with others I have used on the market this is by far one of the fastest composition tools on the market.
- The additional (included) university program allows users from across the globe ask questions if needed to the group which includes Quadient professionals so if the general public cannot help you, a professional will. Always in a timely fashion also which helps with tackling issues with tight turnarounds.
- Native imports and text in rec features allow you to work and manage other types of work supplied by customers.
- Satori functions allow you to complete the job solely within Quadient Inspire. From processing to mailsort to creation. This allows the user to automate regular jobs and free up resources for other work.
- Usually quick to de-bug/resolve any issues, currently having a problem saving production profiles. Its more of a little annoyance than a problem and its not a time consuming fix. Maybe I'm just being lazy..
- No more issues that I have currently come across that haven't already been resolved.
- Mailing companies
- Banks/Building Societies
- Energy Companies
- Large Multinational businesses
- Any Company that mails out vast amounts of documents and wants the capability to store them for inbound calls.
- Small businesses that handle small amounts of invoicing etc that can be handled in-house.
- The ability to set up complex universal templates to handle frequently repeated tasks is a real time saver.
- Reading in data files and performing many layers of computations and formatting in a single pass helps to minimize touch points, which in turn minimizes human error.
- Is there a useful output format that is not supported? I haven't come across a need yet that cannot be met.
- One shortcoming would have to be in the documentation, which is impressive, yet... since the scripting language used is proprietary, a more concise and comprehensive explanation of all the available commands (including syntax and examples) would be helpful.
Within New Zealand Post Quadient Inspire is only used by the Customer Communications Management department, which offers solutions outside of the core business solution of postal network and courier services.
The business problems it addresses include, reduction of legacy platforms and cost, offering customers industry leading solutions and the ability to offer new solutions in the digital channel.
- Single toolset - ability to do both data and layout within a single platform allows developers to be cross-skilled and enhance the end-to-end processes.
- Flexibility of composition - content can be configured to be re-used for correct channel output rather than duplicating content that creates overhead for future changes.
- Roadmap - Quadient's ability to continually have an eye on the future and setting new standards is a high benefit over other products
- Licensing for Quadient Inspire can be a little bit frustrating, how and where you can connect and use Inspire can be restrictive.
- Almost too flexible - the ability to do things in multiple different ways allows for developers to 'replicate' practices from legacy platforms and therefore introduce complexity that is hard to maintain.
- Given the market in New Zealand being smaller it can be difficult to get the appropriate support for the product.
If your business is looking for a simple get-it-to-the-customer solution Inspire is likely not the right toolset for you.
- It keeps the graphic quality and colors of the supplied PDFs. Other software we have used to personalise PDFs has reduced the DPI and even changed the colors. Inspire is great at keeping everything as it should be.
- The imposition tools within Inspire give a vast range of getting the most out of your printers for the least cost. You can easily arrange documents 2 up or 4 up on SRA3 sheets for printing, cutting and stacking.
- The TextinRect tool is extremely useful for pulling information off a Digital Document allowing you to manipulate it in many ways.
- The little know MinMax Generator module is useful for seeing if all your text fits within a flow, if not the 'First Fitting Auto' feature enables you to shrink text automatically if it doesn't quite fit.
- I'd like to see more help in the way of scripting. The language is unique to Quadient Inspire so it can be a bit daunting, even coming from a programming background, to know the correct syntax.
- The ability to use TextinRect with UNC paths as we have multiple licences for production so we can run more than one 'Production' at a time but this doesn't seem to work on the server with UNC paths.
- I find inserting tables somewhat troublesome, I've also found that if you copy a table and paste it to another page in your layout module, although it makes a new table in the Table tab, if you change the contents of your new table, it also changes the contents of the table you copied.
Quadient Inspire Scorecard Summary
About Quadient Inspire
Quadient Inspire, formerly GMC Inspire, is an enterprise communication platform enabling large enterprises to consistently deliver relevant personalized messages, at the right time through the preferred channel.
Quadient Inspire is a complete platform to plan, design, validate and produce especially written communication optimized for all scenarios. It contains extensive features for ETL, integration and deployment.
Quadient Inspire Screenshots
Quadient Inspire Integrations
Quadient Inspire Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
The solution is highly modular. Pricing may differ a lot depending on usage and configuration.
Quadient Inspire Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Linux, Mac|