Quadient Inspire, formerly GMC Inspire, is an enterprise communication platform enabling large enterprises to consistently deliver relevant personalized messages, at the right time through the preferred channel. Quadient Inspire is a complete platform to plan, design, validate and produce especially written communication optimized for all scenarios. It contains extensive features for ETL, integration and deployment.A powerful large scale CCM solution. Truly without limitations!I consult other Quadient users in the region. I help them with creating workflows, from basic to advanced. My customers use Quadient Inspire Designer on a daily basis. They come from various industries—print shop providers, telecommunication, insurance, and banking. The main usage is data transformation and document creation.,Able to import any possible input—text and CSV files, XML, databases and anything else. Very quick creation of workflows. Any imaginable output can be created in a short time period. Easy to use modules can get you started very quickly, but advanced scripting features provide a tool which can handle any possible task.,It is a bit harder to start on your own without a week of guided training (or at least not recommended).,10,ROI is really short. Take advantage of huge postal savings, made possible by different output management. The maintenance costs for document composition workflows radically decreased.,,Microsoft Office 365,Online training In-person training Self-taught,10,10,Quadient University - all the manuals PLUS, several thousands of users just waiting to help you out with your particular challenges. Usually, you get an answer in less than two hours. It is simply a huge container of world-wide know-how. I use it daily and have learned from this resource so many things in such a short time.,No,It is modular. All the basic modules are easy to use. You can check the output of the workflow after any module. The scripting modules let you create your custom functions, making it suitable for any imaginable case. Re-usability. Define once and reuse many times. No more tedious repeated tasks across hundreds of templates.,Non-programmers can get intimidated by scripting possibilities. But I was able to become a programmer with it, even though have a degree in economics.,10Quadient Inspire reviewIt's being used to process raw data files for the printer. It can sometimes be used as a designing tool to design gift vouchers. This software can also be used to produce thousands of personalized letters within seconds. For those who have advanced industrial printers, this is a very useful tool as it can also do tray switching.,Quadient Inspire is at the top when it comes to production process automation. This is one of the key strengths of Quadient as many companies are working towards embracing technology and getting things that are manually processed automated. Quadient is very reliable. For instance, Inspire Designer will hardly or never crash while in use. Most of Quadient products are very user-friendly.,I would love to see a limited free trial version so people can discover how amazing Quadient Inspire is. I would love to see a mobile version of Inspire Designer. I would also love to see more video tutorials of how to use Inspire Designer.,10,Pay increase. More clients. Better designs.,Revolution in power and options for our clientsOur IT department uses Quadient Inspire to create mail merges of various degrees of complexity and formats for advertising and marketing campaigns. This may include transactional processes such as invoices, statements, demands etc. It has enabled us to broaden the scope of what we do, from using client supplied databases to capturing information directly from pre-printed PDFs. The flexibility of this tool enables us to meet most of the demands of our customers in ways that would have been much more problematic in the past.,I am impressed with the way that documents can be inserted as images or natively to create the greatest flexibility of production from final file sizes and formats to amending content via personalisation with the minimum of difficulty. The intuitive drag and drop facility in the workflows makes even complex processes easy to work with. Modules are capable of great adaptability and precision from inserting crop marks, imposing multiple copies onto single sheets, capturing data from input documents etc that make otherwise serious problems practical to solve.,Scripting is quite daunting to the uninitiated and more help would be appreciated. Transactional mail is quite complex to put together but that is to be expected from its very nature. Although we did receive some additional basic training on this, it still remains a little unclear. Some of the error messages received during processing could be more specific so that the user can diagnose more effectively the issue at hand.,8,The speed with which workflows can be created and amended increases the productivity of our department in comparison with older and less effective solutions. Processing is also much quicker than we were accustomed to with our previous software package. Clearly this is advantageous for what we can offer to our clients and has enabled us to offer much more than previously; including recently our largest ever campaign which would have been much more daunting in the past. Although such a tool comes with a significant cost, the power it provides soon makes it a worthy investment due to the increased scope of options and the reduction in preparation and processing schedules.,,Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC, FileZilla,8,No,We had a really complex job which involved data of variable sources and sizes resulting in output of numerous different formats. In particular, we were struggling with being able to label some of these reports with counts of pages for the different subsets. But the forums were particularly helpful and enabled to solve the problem quite quickly and also enable us to store this solution for use in future is something similar is presented to us.,The system of modules within the workflow space is excellent and easy to follow. Being able to select and import artwork using conditions or variables has been especially helpful. I quite like the options available for naming output files using simple variable options.,I'm still in the early stages of learning how to use scripting. Sometimes I wonder if the long chains of links in the design layout could be streamlined when it comes to text styles, fonts etc.,8Quadient - Inspiring the world of compositionQuadient Inspire is being used solely within the IT department. Inspire Designer is used by our organisation to compose complex cost-effective documents for printing and mailing. It addresses the problems that other software causes such as faster processing times, user-friendly scripting, high-quality output features and many more.,Totally user-friendly. All GUI interface allows you to see all the changes that you are implementing, also the scripting wizard allows even the most basic programmer to produce complex documents. Superior processing times. Compared with others I have used on the market this is by far one of the fastest composition tools on the market. The additional (included) university program allows users from across the globe ask questions if needed to the group which includes Quadient professionals so if the general public cannot help you, a professional will. Always in a timely fashion also which helps with tackling issues with tight turnarounds. Native imports and text in rec features allow you to work and manage other types of work supplied by customers. Satori functions allow you to complete the job solely within Quadient Inspire. From processing to mailsort to creation. This allows the user to automate regular jobs and free up resources for other work.,Usually quick to de-bug/resolve any issues, currently having a problem saving production profiles. Its more of a little annoyance than a problem and its not a time consuming fix. Maybe I'm just being lazy.. No more issues that I have currently come across that haven't already been resolved.,10,Speeds up processing which frees up programmers thus producing more mailings and increasing capacity for jobs and thus profit. Allowed us to tender for bigger businesses looking to outsource now that we have the capabilities to process their complex documents. Yielding a large ROI. Seems like a costly investment at the beginning. Purchasing the software, investing in some training for the staff. It pays for itself once you have made the jump. TIP: If in the budget, hire somone versed in GMC/Quadient Inspire at the beginning, this individual will then be able to filter knowledge down to the other staff. In my opinion better than purchasing training because you can start using the software straight away as someone is already versed in the programming.,Quadient Inspire: One solution to rule them allI have been using Quadient Inspire on a daily basis (for many years) for data manipulation and document composition. So far it has been able to handle every scenario, no matter how complex, and yet is quick and easy enough to also use for simple assignments. This versatility makes Inspire Designer a true 'one size fits all' solution.,The ability to set up complex universal templates to handle frequently repeated tasks is a real time saver. Reading in data files and performing many layers of computations and formatting in a single pass helps to minimize touch points, which in turn minimizes human error. Is there a useful output format that is not supported? I haven't come across a need yet that cannot be met.,One shortcoming would have to be in the documentation, which is impressive, yet... since the scripting language used is proprietary, a more concise and comprehensive explanation of all the available commands (including syntax and examples) would be helpful.,10,Inspire Designer makes my job easier. It's that simple.,,Skype for Business (formerly Lync), Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DCTo be the best, go with the best organisationsQuadient Inspire was chosen as an enterprise solution that would replace 8-9 legacy platforms and provide a single 'best of breed' Customer Communications Management platform. Within New Zealand Post Quadient Inspire is only used by the Customer Communications Management department, which offers solutions outside of the core business solution of postal network and courier services. The business problems it addresses include, reduction of legacy platforms and cost, offering customers industry leading solutions and the ability to offer new solutions in the digital channel.,Single toolset - ability to do both data and layout within a single platform allows developers to be cross-skilled and enhance the end-to-end processes. Flexibility of composition - content can be configured to be re-used for correct channel output rather than duplicating content that creates overhead for future changes. Roadmap - Quadient's ability to continually have an eye on the future and setting new standards is a high benefit over other products,Licensing for Quadient Inspire can be a little bit frustrating, how and where you can connect and use Inspire can be restrictive. Almost too flexible - the ability to do things in multiple different ways allows for developers to 'replicate' practices from legacy platforms and therefore introduce complexity that is hard to maintain. Given the market in New Zealand being smaller it can be difficult to get the appropriate support for the product.,10,To date Quadient Inspire has allowed us to retire several legacy platforms and reduce the overheads - licensing/servers/maintenance - incurred. Reduction of single-skilled resources has meant that FTE requirements can be reduced as cross-skilled resources can be used.,,Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DC, SlackQuadient Inspire is very Inspiring!We use Quadient Inspire in the 'IT' department. We use it to create complex mail merges, statements/invoices and other types of personalised mailpieces. It is only used in the IT department as they create everything that gets mailed. It has helped with many business problems, for example a customer sends us a pre merged PDF which they would like mailsorted. Through Inspire we are able to extract the address data from the PDFs using TextinRect which gives us a data file to work with.,It keeps the graphic quality and colors of the supplied PDFs. Other software we have used to personalise PDFs has reduced the DPI and even changed the colors. Inspire is great at keeping everything as it should be. The imposition tools within Inspire give a vast range of getting the most out of your printers for the least cost. You can easily arrange documents 2 up or 4 up on SRA3 sheets for printing, cutting and stacking. The TextinRect tool is extremely useful for pulling information off a Digital Document allowing you to manipulate it in many ways. The little know MinMax Generator module is useful for seeing if all your text fits within a flow, if not the 'First Fitting Auto' feature enables you to shrink text automatically if it doesn't quite fit.,I'd like to see more help in the way of scripting. The language is unique to Quadient Inspire so it can be a bit daunting, even coming from a programming background, to know the correct syntax. The ability to use TextinRect with UNC paths as we have multiple licences for production so we can run more than one 'Production' at a time but this doesn't seem to work on the server with UNC paths. I find inserting tables somewhat troublesome, I've also found that if you copy a table and paste it to another page in your layout module, although it makes a new table in the Table tab, if you change the contents of your new table, it also changes the contents of the table you copied.,10,Since purchasing Inspire we have won many business opportunities as it enables us to create documents we couldn't do before, for example: Council Tax Bills. It is a lot faster at processing than our previous software. We had one job we had to extract addresses from, it was 56,000 records from a 5.5million line text file. Our previous software took 26 hours to pull out the addresses, Quadient Inspire took 43 seconds! We are able to automate processes through Inspire via CLI batch files, where a job would normally take 30 minutes to set up and process, a bit of time spent on the workflow and automation script means we can just double click a batch file for repeat jobs and the print file is created in seconds.,,Barracuda Email Security Service, Microsoft Office 365, Adobe Acrobat DC
Windows, Linux, Mac
Quadient Inspire

Quadient Inspire Reviews

Quadient Inspire
Filter 8 vetted Quadient Inspire reviews and ratings

Tomaž Juvančič profile photo
May 02, 2019

Quadient Inspire Review: "A powerful large scale CCM solution. Truly without limitations!"

• Able to import any possible input—text and CSV files, XML, databases and anything else.
  • Very quick creation of workflows. Any imaginable output can be created in a short time period.
  • Easy to use modules can get you started very quickly, but advanced scripting features provide a tool which can handle any possible task.
  • It is a bit harder to start on your own without a week of guided training (or at least not recommended).
It is perfect for any large-scale variable document composition. Workflows and templates for Invoices, reminders, contracts, and many more can be created in a matter of hours. The performance is awesome! Creating millions of pages in a matter of hours. The handling of the output is exceptional—grouping, merging, splitting, you name it. It is particularly well suited for large-scale migrations. I have personally managed many migrations, reducing the number of templates by as much as 80%.
Read Tomaž Juvančič's full review
Elvis Wouashe profile photo
March 21, 2019

"Quadient Inspire review"

• Quadient Inspire is at the top when it comes to production process automation. This is one of the key strengths of Quadient as many companies are working towards embracing technology and getting things that are manually processed automated.
  • Quadient is very reliable. For instance, Inspire Designer will hardly or never crash while in use.
  • Most of Quadient products are very user-friendly.
  • I would love to see a limited free trial version so people can discover how amazing Quadient Inspire is.
  • I would love to see a mobile version of Inspire Designer.
  • I would also love to see more video tutorials of how to use Inspire Designer.
My employer wanted me to get into the Inspire Designer Advanced course, which takes 5 days. I had never used Inspire Designer before so I was somewhat skeptical on if that is the right move for me considering the cost. My manager then got in touch with one of the many specialists at Quadient. They gave us a fantastic option which not only saved us more than 5000 quid but also gave me the flexibility I needed to complete the course. So my manager was advised by Quadient to first enroll me for an online certification which is valid for 12 months. With this, I can study at my own pace, and I can also go in for any certification of my choice.
Read Elvis Wouashe's full review
February 20, 2019

Quadient Inspire Review: "Revolution in power and options for our clients"

• I am impressed with the way that documents can be inserted as images or natively to create the greatest flexibility of production from final file sizes and formats to amending content via personalisation with the minimum of difficulty.
  • The intuitive drag and drop facility in the workflows makes even complex processes easy to work with.
  • Modules are capable of great adaptability and precision from inserting crop marks, imposing multiple copies onto single sheets, capturing data from input documents etc that make otherwise serious problems practical to solve.
  • Scripting is quite daunting to the uninitiated and more help would be appreciated.
  • Transactional mail is quite complex to put together but that is to be expected from its very nature. Although we did receive some additional basic training on this, it still remains a little unclear.
  • Some of the error messages received during processing could be more specific so that the user can diagnose more effectively the issue at hand.
Inspire Designer is supremely well adapted to preparing new workflows from scratch for basic mail merging solutions. In some cases, the final output can be created in just a few minutes. But if the requirement is more complex such as using variable document artwork or conditional data it can be used in an effective straightforward way. It is well suited to so much of what our customers ask of us, even if they want things that at first seem unusual. For repeat work, templates can be set up that speed processing up immeasurably when compared with previous methods.

David Adams profile photo
November 01, 2018

Quadient Inspire Review: "Quadient - Inspiring the world of composition"

• Totally user-friendly. All GUI interface allows you to see all the changes that you are implementing, also the scripting wizard allows even the most basic programmer to produce complex documents.
  • Superior processing times. Compared with others I have used on the market this is by far one of the fastest composition tools on the market.
  • The additional (included) university program allows users from across the globe ask questions if needed to the group which includes Quadient professionals so if the general public cannot help you, a professional will. Always in a timely fashion also which helps with tackling issues with tight turnarounds.
  • Native imports and text in rec features allow you to work and manage other types of work supplied by customers.
  • Satori functions allow you to complete the job solely within Quadient Inspire. From processing to mailsort to creation. This allows the user to automate regular jobs and free up resources for other work.
  • Usually quick to de-bug/resolve any issues, currently having a problem saving production profiles. Its more of a little annoyance than a problem and its not a time consuming fix. Maybe I'm just being lazy..
  • No more issues that I have currently come across that haven't already been resolved.
Well-Suited
  • Mailing companies
  • Banks/Building Societies
  • Energy Companies
  • Large Multinational businesses
  • Any Company that mails out vast amounts of documents and wants the capability to store them for inbound calls.
Not Suited:
  • Small businesses that handle small amounts of invoicing etc that can be handled in-house.
Read David Adams's full review
Bob Karpel profile photo
November 26, 2018

Review: "Quadient Inspire: One solution to rule them all"

• The ability to set up complex universal templates to handle frequently repeated tasks is a real time saver.
  • Reading in data files and performing many layers of computations and formatting in a single pass helps to minimize touch points, which in turn minimizes human error.
  • Is there a useful output format that is not supported? I haven't come across a need yet that cannot be met.
  • One shortcoming would have to be in the documentation, which is impressive, yet... since the scripting language used is proprietary, a more concise and comprehensive explanation of all the available commands (including syntax and examples) would be helpful.
From multiple data inputs to multiple data and / or document outputs, no matter how many steps are required in between, Inspire Designer has been up to the task. The learning curve is not difficult, and yet, the learning never ends. I am constantly finding new ways to utilize this set of tools to accomplish tasks that previously were handled with other tools.
Read Bob Karpel's full review
David Nixon profile photo
November 01, 2018

Quadient Inspire Review: "To be the best, go with the best organisations"

• Single toolset - ability to do both data and layout within a single platform allows developers to be cross-skilled and enhance the end-to-end processes.
  • Flexibility of composition - content can be configured to be re-used for correct channel output rather than duplicating content that creates overhead for future changes.
  • Roadmap - Quadient's ability to continually have an eye on the future and setting new standards is a high benefit over other products
  • Licensing for Quadient Inspire can be a little bit frustrating, how and where you can connect and use Inspire can be restrictive.
  • Almost too flexible - the ability to do things in multiple different ways allows for developers to 'replicate' practices from legacy platforms and therefore introduce complexity that is hard to maintain.
  • Given the market in New Zealand being smaller it can be difficult to get the appropriate support for the product.
Quadient Inspire is a great tool for organisations that are focused on establishing and maintaining a platform that will allow them to evolve through Customer Communications, Customer Experience and Digital Experience Management. As it allows for solutions to be put in place that are flexible yet robust for long-term solutions and offers the ability to provide highly relevant and timely customer interactions.

If your business is looking for a simple get-it-to-the-customer solution Inspire is likely not the right toolset for you.
Read David Nixon's full review
November 06, 2018

User Review: "Quadient Inspire is very Inspiring!"

• It keeps the graphic quality and colors of the supplied PDFs. Other software we have used to personalise PDFs has reduced the DPI and even changed the colors. Inspire is great at keeping everything as it should be.
  • The imposition tools within Inspire give a vast range of getting the most out of your printers for the least cost. You can easily arrange documents 2 up or 4 up on SRA3 sheets for printing, cutting and stacking.
  • The TextinRect tool is extremely useful for pulling information off a Digital Document allowing you to manipulate it in many ways.
  • The little know MinMax Generator module is useful for seeing if all your text fits within a flow, if not the 'First Fitting Auto' feature enables you to shrink text automatically if it doesn't quite fit.
  • I'd like to see more help in the way of scripting. The language is unique to Quadient Inspire so it can be a bit daunting, even coming from a programming background, to know the correct syntax.
  • The ability to use TextinRect with UNC paths as we have multiple licences for production so we can run more than one 'Production' at a time but this doesn't seem to work on the server with UNC paths.
  • I find inserting tables somewhat troublesome, I've also found that if you copy a table and paste it to another page in your layout module, although it makes a new table in the Table tab, if you change the contents of your new table, it also changes the contents of the table you copied.
It is well suited for any mail merge you need to do. It is a one stop shop and it does more than you could imagine. You can have multiple data files and multiple artworks/documents. Inspire enables you to source your data, mailsort it and then pull the correct artwork through using conditions for the correct data record, this enables you to do complex mailmerges where before, say in MS Word, you'd have to do everything separately.

About Quadient Inspire

Quadient Inspire Features

Has featureRapid Design tool for HTML5 and Documents
Has featureBusiness User Interface for Template Content Management and Forms Filling
Has featureAll communication components are re-usable accross all channels

Quadient Inspire Screenshots

Quadient Inspire Integrations

SAP, Guidewire, Finnova, WebSphere, WebLogic

Quadient Inspire Competitors

Entry-level set up fee?Optional

The solution is highly modular. Pricing may differ a lot depending on usage and configuration.

Quadient Inspire Technical Details