Overall Satisfaction with QuickBase
QuickBase is used to track the daily progress of the jobs being worked on by various groups. It is also used as a workflow tool allowing users to work out of a queue.
- QuickBase does a good job of supplying real time updates for users to see.
- QuickBase allows for admins to make quick changes and see results right away.
- Since QuickBase functions using RAM memory it can quickly overload the server it is on when apps are quarantined due to the amount of memory they use.
- Having QuickBase perform a split second analysis of the report turn around can cause tables with large amounts of data to give up before providing results. This can cause users to have to rework reports or get frustrated with the system.
Having the ability copy functionality and pull it into other applications helped with deployment. This allowed for a quick turn around of app development of days instead of weeks.
When users first look at how to build a QuickBase application it can be overwhelming on what is involved. It took me a few months to fully understand how QuickBase functions. It took me around three years to be fully comfortable in being a full realm admin.
- Building and deploying business applications faster
- Improving our ability to drive insights from our data
Our QuickBase apps have daily maintenance where new fields are added and reports are modified on a daily basis. Every few weeks a major change may be required where more time is required to design, test, and implement the changes.