Overall Satisfaction with QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is being used to keep the books for a small constructing contracting company.
- Easy data transition from QuickBooks Desktop.
- Menus and functions are clearly laid out.
- Familiar interface.
- The reports don't seems as easy to use or as feature-rich as the desktop version. For example, I couldn't figure out how to compare several periods.
- It seems to be unstable at times. Periodically I have to log out and close the browser to start transactions again.
- I was hoping inventory management and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) would be improved over the desktop version.
- It's been a big improvement over QuickBooks Desktop.
- Better security and safeguarding of data.
- Better access (not reliant on the QuickBooks host computer).
- Xero,NetSuite,FreshBooks,QuickBooks Premier
I do use Xero and NetSuite for other companies. I started using Xero a few years ago because QuickBooks Online features were very limited and didn't have the ability to convert a QuickBooks desktop file. I have been impressed with QuickBooks Online's advancements. I think it goes head-to-head with Xero.
A big plus is familiarity with QuickBook Desktop. I'd highly recommend it if the users are already familiar with the desktop version. Also important is the functionality or available integrations. It has features most small businesses need, but more complex organizations may want more advanced software, such as NetSuite.