QuickBooks Online Reviews

Sandeep Malhotra | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 04, 2020

QBO Expert and Easy

Return on Investment

• QBO allowed us to integrate with our CPA quickly, absolute must to keep in compliance with tax laws.
  • Having our books organized in QBO is critical for commercial bank loan officers if you need financing.
  • We are able to manage bookkeeping and accounting needs with no staff dedicated to that function - those are tangible cost savings.
Read Sandeep Malhotra's full review
Bronwyn Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 21, 2020

quickbooks puts your customer paid funds on hold and you are not able to find out why! customer service is dreadful

Return on Investment

• QuickBooks put a hold on my customer payment and has made it impossible to communicate with them to sort it out.
  • Disappointed with their customer service.
  • Unhappy with their clumsy online directions that send you around and around in circles.
Read Bronwyn Jones's full review
Drew West | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

A detailed summary of why I chose QuickBooks Online over competing products - Sales Tax Calculations | Receipt Capture | Customer Service | Accounting and Reporting Functionality

Return on Investment

• Before I entered all of my receipts and sales into QuickBooks Online, I had a general idea of the startup capital I invested, but I didn't know the exact number. It turns out I was way off, and I had put substantially more into the setup than I thought. It's like that saying goes, "If you don't know your numbers, you don't your business."
  • The sales tax calculations that QuickBooks Online builds into invoices are indispensable for my small business. I literally would not be able to operate the business without this functionality, and finding the solution I needed in QuickBooks Online was instrumental in starting this company.
Read Drew West's full review
Warren Marland | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

QBO - Good for basic double entry book keeping but don't expect bells and whistles

Return on Investment

• As an online retailer and distributor of imported goods, QBO does not help me drill down to work out my profitability across different channels. For this, I end up back in Excel.
  • QBO is a cost effective solution to basic double entry book keeping.
Read Warren Marland's full review
December 24, 2019

Slowing Down with QuickBooks Online

Return on Investment

• More efficient for small firms with everyone on the same QBO file. No more transferring QB files back and forth with the potential of data corruption issues.
  • Less efficient with larger more complex firms, spend more time on the phone trying to integrate their add-ons, payroll and other systems.
  • Intuit's 99.95% uptime casued some negative events in the past year. Problems occurred during the peak of tax season.
March 10, 2020

One of the most important aspects of running your business made simple.

Return on Investment

• This software has made filing taxes and keeping compliant a piece of cake.
  • This software has provided me with the clarity to create financial strategies and have successful tax filings.
  • This software has given me options much further than bookkeeping such as receiving payments, applying for business loans, virtual bookkeeping, and much, much more.
  • There is no comparison between the monthly cost of the software and the annual savings that comes with clarity of finances within my business.
January 31, 2020

QuickBooks Online makes bookkeeping easy for small business owners!

Return on Investment

• Allows me to streamline quarterly billing by pushing through automatic sales receipts. This was done in a manual process prior to our company using QB. This probably saves 2-3 hours per quarter.
  • Uploading statements for my bookkeeper through QB enables me to securely share information. Prior to QB, I would email by bookkeeper with password protected documents. This saves me an hour a month.
Joel McAfee | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Accounting for Small Business Made Accessible and Easy for Noobs Like Me

Return on Investment

• One of the biggest impacts of adding Quickbooks Online to our team is time. It's saved so much time in keeping up with billing, payroll, taxes, and contractors that it's like having an accountant on the team without hiring one.
  • The cost. I normally would balk at monthly subscriptions, but compared to paying an accountant to keep up with the day to day processes, the cost to automate payroll and pay for the software is minimal and totally worth it. Huge positive.
  • There are times in which I find myself wishing I knew more, but feeling like I know enough to keep things moving in the right direction. This is one minor negative concern because as it seems a little too easy I worry we may not catch some accounting errors b/c we assume the software is correct in its calculations or information.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
Samarah Sardoni | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2019

QuickBooks Online Makes Invoicing So Easy!

Return on Investment

• QuickBooks helps us to make sure we always get paid. We can send reminder emails based on due dates or based on overdue balances.
  • QuickBooks Online allows me to be anywhere when I need to send monthly invoices.
  • I greatly wish QuickBooks had more APIs, but I understand the importance of privacy so I'm not too bothered by it.
Read Samarah Sardoni's full review
Tammy Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

I love the versatility and freedom that QuickBooks provides my business!

Return on Investment

• QuickBooks is a reliable well-known platform for small businesses. People trust the brand and therefore increases are opportunities.
  • There is a stigma from "older generations" that the cloud-based software (QBO) is not as secure as desktop.
  • Pricing per month is always a more attractive option than an annual cost.
Read Tammy Roberts's full review

Pay calculation (45)
Benefit plan administration (22)
Direct deposit files (41)
6.7
Salary revision and increment management (28)
Reimbursement management (28)
API for custom integration (33)
Plug-ins (35)
Single sign-on capability (48)
Role-based user permissions (58)
Dashboards (72)
Bank reconciliation (79)
Expense management (69)
Time tracking (33)
5.6
Fixed asset management (32)
6.4
Multi-currency support (12)
4.3
Multi-division support (28)
Regulations compliance (22)
Electronic tax filing (32)
Self-service portal (35)
Global Financial Support (6)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (14)
Intercompany Accounting (16)
Localizations (10)
Journals and Reconciliations (34)
Enterprise Accounting (13)
Configurable Accounting (17)
Centralized Rules Framework (10)
Standardized Processes (22)
Inventory tracking (28)
Automatic reordering (11)
Location management (12)
Manufacturing module (9)
5.0
Pricing (33)
Order entry (32)
Credit card processing (38)
Cost of goods sold (39)
Order Orchestration (7)
End-to-end order visibility (8)
Order exception Resolution (8)
6.2

About QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations